Warhammer 40,000 general

Actual working links (hopefully) edition
OP apologizes for the broken ones in last thread sub-edition

> Codexes
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQ
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/4djegd/painting_500_points_of_nurgle_in_a_weekend/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vpuv7VPb2rA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what are you working on this weekend Veeky Forums?
Assembling a model? Painting something? Working out a kitbash? Or maybe just trying to work out a new list, perhaps one to start a new army with?

Does anyone know when the rules for the new 40k terrain?

Metal Boxes got their flesh bases done for white parts. Possible got inspired for the rest of them blood ravens thanks to E3 presentation. Still waiting for them Vedros rules.

What do you mean?

>Okay, for my dread army I seriously need some goddamn anti air, I'm buying a Deredeo.
>hmm... And a leviathan. Not strictly necessary or anything, but a lovely centrepiece and I've been winning lots of games. Might as fucking well take the hit to effectiveness it technically represents.
>The fuck do you mean that's not qualifying for free shipping
>FINE, I'LL TOSS IN A FUCKING THANATAR, ITS IN PREVIEW PICS FOR FIRES OF CRYAXUS WHY THE FUCK NOT

help me I have a fucking problem

I'm working on my AOS models to try to get them done in time for the AOS summer campaign. Would work on my dark eldar but as the playstyle I want to use (gunboats) literally doesn't work (the "fastest army in the game" has to trundle around the table at 6" per turn) I don't have much motivation to get them finished for games. Maybe I should just finish them up so they look nice on the shelf at least...

I'm working on painting my Orks, putting together my dakka jet and deff dread.

These units look really powerful, it's insane how many strength 10 attacks deff dreads get, I bet they could shred anything that doesn't kill them first.
I feel like I'm going to have fun with these two.

exalted seeker chariot, i'm 70% done i believe. i'm worried that the colors will class though

I'm sure you and the other three guys who turn up for the campaign will have a wonderful time.

Hey, if you do a third place play off, you might even be able to get a whole four games played!

Three drop pods with magnetized doors.

How would you arm an Imperial Knight?

Just got into Warhammer 40k last month, Played Dawn of War 1 a lot and wanted to get into table top and just got the money. Originally wanted Necrons but I decided to play Orks after my friend talked about the fluff enough. I have poured a lot of money into my army so far but just built my stompa and built a 1500 point army around it.
Stompa
Ghazghull
Painboy
Meganobs
2xFlash gits
Kaptin Badrukk

I mainly play against Space Wolves and Chaos. Any formations I should look into? I have the codex and supplement, But I like custom formations

Probably an avenger gatling cannon, thermal cannon, and a stormspear rocket pod.

But I don't know shit, I play Tyranids.

put magnets on it and use everything. chainsword and battlecannon probably works best. if you were renegade then double battlecannons and chaos would be khorne, battlecannon, dirge caster

>implying there's a choice other than dual Avengers for maximum dakka

The Gattling Cannon, gauntlet, and the stormspear.

>committing tech heresy and doing what renegades do

Nothing, user.

It's too hot out here in the desert to prime anything, even at night it gets above 80+. So I've just got a whole lot of IG stuff still on their sprues as I feel unmotivated currently.

Trying to settle on a first army. Didn't really like the contents of the Start Collecting CSM box, so now I'm leaning towards Space Wolves. Would two Start Collecting boxes and two Drop Pods be a good start?

>Letting some faggot on Mars limit your ability for BRRRRRRT

Why is it tech heresy?

WITH MAXIMUM DAKKA

can someone explain this to me?

>Oh sorry user, but I'm afraid you voided the extended lifetime warranty on your knight titans so now you and your bloodline will be excommunicated from further assistance. Please be advised your heresy has been reported and a Magos will be seeing you soon. If you wish to have your case reviewed please submit form #790876 through #817599526 in triplicate and wait 100 years for a reponse. Thank you and have a good day.

Good luck getting those rare parts, servitors, and machine spirits ;)

Yeah! Xana II superiority!

Eat it loyalist fags.

Are you suggest that the Admech act like the absolute worst kind of Indian tech support if you piss them off? Cause that's a great idea that's even more dickish than just saying "No more tech for you, fucker."

Explain what? They're the weapon profiles.

It's the descriptions for the weapons in the Imperial Knight Codex. Not much else to say about it.

Rapid fire battle cannon, reaper chainsword.
For carapace weapons, it's simple:
Take ionstorm if you think you'll be up against hordes, autocannon if flyers are likely, and stormspear for everything else.
If for some reason you get to take a relic as well, take sanctuary.

I picture them more like the cable company from South Park when they want to be dicks.

>Oh sorry Blood Angels, but I'm afraid you voided the extended lifetime warranty on your rhino-chassis tanks when you fucked with the engines, so now you and your bloodline will be excommunicated from further assistance. Please be advised your heresy has been reported and a Magos will be seeing you soon. If you wish to have your case reviewed please submit form #790876 through #817599526 in triplicate and wait 100 years for a reponse. Thank you and have a good day.
>Wait, those are actually pretty cool.
>Can we have them please Blood Angels? And that assault cannon version?
>Pleeeeeeeeeeease?

With a single turbo-laser.

My Guard has a Crusader with battle cannon, gatling cannon, shoulder stubber, stormspear pod. CSM got a basic Paladin with shoulder stubber that I've converted into a Subjugator.

Ever heard about Bill the mechanic that invented treads because the terrain sucks on his world? Neither have I.

Non approved improvements are frowned upon.

Stupid sexy blood angels and their fast engines.

Why is it non-approved?

>"Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."
--(Shortened) Intro to the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Tech isn't that well understood and the tech priests don't like to share or let people be independent.

>not putting two of the same gun on a Knight means you don't understand how tech works
That's stupid. I'm going to believe that the AdMech banned it because of something happened like what Horus did on Terra with the Warhounds.

Most changes to tech in the Imperium has to actually be approved by a Magos or high in the Admech. It's one of the reasons why in some of the older codices the Razorback was still considered "new" and "untested" despite being in use for at least 3000 years. Course I may have just remembered that wrong but it still points out that the Techpriests of Mars are scarily ignorant about how some of the more advanced tech they maintain works.

I never claimed it was for a good reason. Remember that time the admech helped out in a war, got their data, then left the guard to die?

I believe it's a power hold. If you teach a man to fish, why is he gonna buy fish from you anymore?

Have the best fish

>If you teach a man to fish, why is he gonna buy fish from you anymore?
Because he's a soldier and doesn't have time for fishing and fighting off enemies?

Because you know the secrets to ultimate fish gathering?
This.

I don't see nothing wrong.

There's certainly an element of that, but don't forget that the AdMech is also a technology cult composed of sanctimonious engineers. In their minds, asking them to change a design like that is an insult - if it was such a great idea to put two gatling cannons on a Knight, that's how they would have done it to begin with.

Not to mention that specifications and blueprints/STCs are their holy texts. They look at aftermarket modifications the way that the Westboro Baptist Church looks at gay marriage.

>What's that, Blood Angels? Your overcharged engines keep breaking down on you?
>Well that's what happens when you fuck with the STCs given unto us by the Omnissiah. >Fucking heathens.

So riddle me this, 40KG. As a newfaggot how many paints would I feasibly need to proficiently paint an army outside of the primer and base coats like in the Citadel starters?

>Primer
>Base x2
>Layer x2
>Layer x2
>Wash x2
Assuming a 2 colour paint scheme

As many colors as you want? I don't understand the question.

Forgot to add at the end
>I don't even know how an engine could be overcharged like that
>m-maybe you could show me?

Only Renegade Knights can go dual Avengers.

I meant per each color of the model. Given 's answer I'm just going to gather

1 x Base
2 x Layer
1 x Shade

Per color if I read that correctly. Sorry for the shit wording of the question.

I would go
1x Base
1x Layer (2x Layer if you REALLY want to add highlights)
and maybe 1x Shade, but even then you could use the main two shades for most colors.

>Per color if I read that correctly.
Yep, you got it.

What are you painting?

I haven't read up on the game in years but I'm torn between a Nurgle Daemon army and possibly Space Marines/Eldar. A friend who was trying to help me get back into it and shake off the rust has been saying shit like Eldar and Necron to get back into the groove of painting but from lurking in here the old space Terminators are having a bad time it seems.

>Nurgle Daemons
here friend
reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/4djegd/painting_500_points_of_nurgle_in_a_weekend/

Prime white! Or black. White for me.
I painted the weapons Boltgun Metal
First wash was Athonian Camoshade
Second wash was (half of the minis) Agrax Earthshade or Gryphonne Sepia *Rust up the weapons with Typhus Corrosion and Ryza Rust
Next is two (2) washes of Carroburg Crimson on the wounds and guts *Yellow eyes, Screaming Skull or Ushabti Bone teeth

>Watching potentially tasty eBay auctions
>Retards initiate a bidding war
>3 days before auction ends

I swear to god...

Yeah, pretty much.
>Basecoat the general colour
>Layer to the colour you actually want
>Different layer to highlight
>Shade
You can miss the basecoat stage and just put the first layer paint over your primer, but you need so many more thin layers to get a strong colour that it's not really worth it. Also, you can double up on shades, lots of people do the entire model with just agrax or nuln oil.

Do ignore the GW painting guides with 4-5 different layer paints per colour, that's not necessary, especially when starting.

Have they gone over the RRP yet? It's always funny when that happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpuv7VPb2rA
>Nurgle

It's getting there now :^)

Nothing quite like seeing a potential bargain, slowly creep up and then past the discount the major online resllers offer... then start to approach RRP

blows my fucking mind, who let these idiots

a. near a computer
b. near my hobby

>rofl just use lots of washes

i don't know if i should hate or envy you since layering/highlighting/blending takes more effort for the same amount of tabletop standard

Wait, you base coated them with the white primer then washed them? That's all? They turned out pretty fucking great, well done.

I didn't paint them, i just found this post when i was looking and thought it would help that user

Oh, well, still really effective.

Well to whoever painted that army's credit, washing shit like Nurgle also gives it a more organic look. I had been considering doing that and looking up shit like gangrenous infections and trenchfoot for ideas.

I went to dark, dark places. Never again.

Favorite Knight pattern(s)? I love me some Cerastus and Questoris.

Does it matter? Owning any knight makes you a pariah.

Long time sellers use dummy profiles to tip bids to how they want it. Its illegal, but they get away with it.

For keks, that new one FW made that's as big as a titan.

Knights are cool. At least they're not Wraithknights-tier.

washing works damn well, though idk if you could win a golden daemon with it..

Ive got 20 mk II marines, 20 calth marines, 6 jetbikes, 10 kakophoni, a spartan tank and a knight lancer all to clean and assemble

So, the Blue Scribes. Are they as bad as people think? Almost Guaranteed cool shit on Maelific sounds pretty tits imo for 81 points.

I'd just be washing a nurgle army to have fun with it (hopefully), not enter a painting contest. My general idea which people will probably go "That's stupid" to is giving them some hues of blue as well in the extremities like their feet, hands, and stomachs so that it gives them the appearance of a waterlogged plague-ridden daemon rising out from a foetid swamp.

i've used them a few times, they didn't do much but i wasn't doing malefic

nigger yoube been saying that for weeks

Just get a ventilator and prime inside your house or something

Sounds like it'll give them a cool corpse color.

You don't have to own one. You can still like them.

I mean, 81 point Bloodthirster, or guaranteed Incursion, while rerolling 2-3 via Karios because those powers are kind of ass.

Does anyone knows a good scions black paint scheme?

You know what the worst part of getting that idea was? Re-reading Stephen King's The Shning and watching the Kubrick film to see how the colors of her decaying corpse meshed with the water rotted wounds.

I may or may not have fapped to it.

this always happens.

actually that would work pretty well. as far as non standard colors go who cares? i got some daemonettes in blanka colors, my bloodthrister has blue nails, and my champ bloodcrusher is white

it's pretty damn cheap. i think the reason why people don't use them is because he's an hq slot by himself like the masque

>rhinox hide highlighted with skrag brown forbthe soft parts
>Black highlighted with dark reaper and then thunderhawk blue for the armour
>red lenses

there you go

I own 4 Knights. Ive only put a Knight on the table in two games. Dont be so judgemental user.

You do you nurgle familia

What can I say? Grandpa provides.

Not sure if i wanna stick my dick in or not

What's a good kit with lots of fun bits?

I play CSM so damn near anything is on the table because it can just be captured/re purposed tech

Is shooting something as it appears out of the warp / webway and killing them all really all that noteworthy?

If you do your dick will rot off, and warts that corrupt your soul will grow in its place.

Depends. Do you like botfly removal and cist popping?

I painted about 1800 points in my spare time after work, took just under a month. If you have an airbrush you can really save a lot of time. 6 Plague Drones to go and the project is finished.

Got sidetracked with a Scion Kill Team for a campaign though. Fully painted and based only, so I had to hit pause on the Daemons.

Crappy phone pic, but I can use my Canon for close ups of anything if you want a closer look.

I dont know it may be worth it tho

Do you want Treeman Ilness times 11? Do you want to be a filthy unwashed slave to darkness? Sex ain't worth it if it brings damnation.

So does this mean i should never have kids?

Marriage in a nutshell.

Kids don't bring warts that grow back every 2 months/maybe years.
Since when does marriage brings a bad codex?

I live in Phoenix, its hot as hell here right now. 118 today.

I prime indoors when its like this. Take your models into the garage, spray them, then bring them inside immediately. Works great.

>maybe years
children are warts that last for at least eighteen years

Pretty much yes. I mean, dicking a Nurglette would be like shoving your cock in one of the most horrifyingly soft and sponge-like vaginas of any -ette. Comparatively to Khornette or even Daemonette who could probably crush your dick into a fine red paste with a kegel flex a Nurglette's vaginal canal is infinitely yielding like wet, soft dough. I mean, yeah. Grandfather Nurgle provides but she probably has every kind of STD known to man and even if your dick and soul don't rot away upon sticking it in you still have to deal with popping pustules on the lips of her labia that release a strangely aphrodisiac pus or bile onto your genitals.

But you do you man, I'm not here to judge. You fucking heretic. Just don't try to kiss her with tongue because if you do that it's pretty much tongue wrestling an avacado faced cyclops with a blood colored worm for a tongue. I mean, what?