Create

Tell me about the origin of humans in your setting, Veeky Forums.

Same as in real life.

We go with the magic clay man story.

Creator uplifted them from apes, together with some other races

I'm about to rethink the origins of all my fantasy races in a way that all were created for a specific purpose.

Except humans. They were a mistake.

Why were they allowed to continue then?

They're the children of dragons and beastfolk, more specifically Catfolk.

Something I have to work out. It's just a basic idea at the moment. Maybe I should take inspiration by Aule. I see that I used the word "mistake", but "accident" would have been better.

You don't see often that two first answers are the same.

There was a time when the dwarves and the elves made peace, and arranged marriages to seal this peace. Soon, to both races' surprise, the marriages produced offspring. The resulting abominations were abhorrent to both races, and each blamed the other. They ordered a purge of these creatures, and a return to war.

However, some of the elven mothers could not bear to kill their own children, even if they reminded them of the hateful pact their elders arraigned, so they abandoned the hybrids in the wilderness.

The humans, as they came to call themselves, believe that they were placed on the earth by the gods. The elves and dwarves, for their part, refuse to discuss it.

Descended from the same precursor race as dwarves, elves, and halflings.

Originally there were six races, but eventually the elves fucked everything up with a magic ritual that created the dark elf race. The number seven has some nasty implications related to the apocalypse, so the gods got to work on putting another race in the world and after a few hundred years created humans. They started showing up all around the world with no history or explanation. Some people thought they were another new offshoot of elves, some thought they were the near mythical dwarves that disappeared long ago, and some thought they were a type of monster trying to trick their way onto society so they could attack when it's not expected. Over time all of these were proven false, they weren't present in the magical realms where the elves lived, the dwarves began to return, and they quickly showed that they were too smart to be monsters. All that was clear is that they were Humanoid, an old dwarf word that means people and is characterized by being sapient and able to reproduce with the other civilized races. Soon shortened to Humans.
The humans still weren't trusted because of their mysterious origins and dark elves leaving people soured on the idea of new races, so they were driven from the easily inhabitable lands already claimed by the older races and into the more dangerous areas, rife with monsters and chances for adventure. Through their god-given ingenuity they were able to survive in the lands that were now theirs, and as more humans were forced into these no-man's-lands eventually each settlement developed its own uniquely human culture. In that same time the resources in other lands began to run dry, and it came to light that the largest human-claimed land has seemingly endless supplies of everything from metals and coal to fertile farmland, if you can survive the native beasts and environment itself long enough to take what you need. Others began travelling to this land of opportunity, filled with thriving cities and humans rich off of their land.

they were the gods' second attempt at making life, first were the dwarves who were created by granting souls to stone or metal, this made them cold and dispassionate. Humans were made by granting souls to the beasts, they have greater chance of corruption due to retaining parts of their animal nature but have the advantage of passion and ambition.

The come from the Northwest. That's it. It's not like the technology to trace back their genetic ancestry exists yet.

Humans?

In the before time, the dragons manifested from magic and the giants pulled themselves forth from the world's bones. Fish learned to crawl and became apes, and many things born of muck began to crawl.

The aboleths, first of all things, uplifted the pink things and granted them minds.

Eventually humans gave rise to gods and splintered into half a dozen different races. Gods being what they are, they propagandized new, "divinely revealed" histories through their priests to erase the true history and boost humanity-fuck-yeah. Eventually arcane magic matured, and fringe scholars discover the truth and become unbalanced heretics or go insane Lovecraft style.

Joke's on the gods, because eventually humanity will become transhumanity aka illithids and turn history into a closed temporal loop.

They were one of the slave-races of an ancient planehopping empire. Humans have no idea where they originate from or why, because their now-deceased masters never bothered keeping records of something to paltry.

The demi-god Ancients revolted against the older gods, so the gods tore them to pieces. Literally.

Some of the leftovers became humans, somebecame the other races. This stopped the direct lineage of the gods and put an end to the constant father-son wars of the gods.

Born from the Mother Earth and an truely ancient, long dead, Solar God.

Many others have claimed differently but this is the objective truth.

Our father never knew us, never even knew we could arise from his coupling.
Our mother loves us dearly and indiscriminately.
We could save her ecosystems and preserve her and she'd love us for careing for her.
We could abuse the planet till it was a dead hive world with a horrifically toxic atmosphere and she'd love how readily we utilise what she has provided for us.
We could strip mine her into non-existance before heading off into the stars like a plague of locusts and she'd love how independent we have become.

Adam and Eve?

unfathomable lewdness

Humans in my setting have... conflicting origins.

Basically elves, dwarves, halflings and orcs have been around about as long as them (except Elves potentially but they're a bit suspect too) but the main idea is that all races (including humans) essentially worshipped primal spirits. Spirits of nature, the elements, etc until Humans somehow uncovered Divine Magic.

Humans essentially founded all the major religions in the world and made all the other races accept their stories into their own theologies (and blended some of the races other stories there). Those who invoke Primal Magic still are considered primitives by society and it's believed a portion of humanity refused to worship the gods and these humans eventually went off to become The Shifters.

Made by elves on the moon to be their army. Elves got scared they'd rebel, sent them to earth on a goose chase.

A long time ago a cataclysmic war was fought among the Trolls and the other Elder Races. It left their race shattered and divided in little inbred pockets. After some time one of these pockets developed into Humans, whose new gods and aptitude with magic helped them conquer the land

Descendants of wizard-astronauts and their servants.
They claim that their forefathers created all the other races, to provide cheap labor or to colonize extreme environments.

>Humans in my setting have... conflicting origins.

As the sleeping seers (who tell us that time is circular, and dream backwards of the future) tell us, the god Rokki awoke one morning in the void. The first thing that Rokki thought was that she was cold. The second thing Rokki thought was that she was terribly, terribly hungry. In that time everything was cold and dark, even for the gods, and Rokki walked for a hundred million years looking for some firewood. Rokki could not see in the gloom so she felt her way along with her hands and feet. Eventually Rokki came to a strange chamber where she could feel dry roots sticking out from the muddy roof.

This had all taken so long that Rokki's eyes had turned to ice, and her hands were frozen solid, and there was no breath in her body, and her stomach was growling so fiercely that it echoed a deep roar all across the cosmos, but with her frozen dead hands she grabbed the roots and pulled them from the roof. Rokki got a fire going and rubbed her hands together while the ice melted from her body and her eyes thawed out. When she could see it again, Rokki noticed that the chamber she was in was much bigger than she had imagined - she had walked all the way to the end of the universe, and the chamber encompassed everything she had ever known. She saw that where the roots had been tiny pinpricks of light now pierced through the roof from some realm beyond. This was a bad thing, for the light from that realm had never been intended to cross into ours, and the small lights woke many sleeping gods who were angry too, but that is a story for another time.

Having a fire and no longer feeling so cold - but still feeling terribly, terribly hungry - Rokki began to look for some food. She could see now, and she walked with a stooped back shading her eyes from the lights above and looking at the ground. After a few hundred million years of searching Rokki came across a blue egg, almost too big for her to clasp her hands around, which she thought looked delicious. Rokki staggered back to her fire carrying the egg and began to cook it. Rokki was a greedy sort, and especially loved eating the yolks of eggs, and as soon as she thought the egg was cooked she stuffed the yolk in her mouth and tried to swallow it down. But it was too hot! The yolk of the egg burned with a strange heat, hotter even than the fire she had cooked it on, and it scorched Rokki's throat. She spat it out and it flew to the roof of the chamber where it stuck and gave off a fierce heat and radiance. Rokki stamped on the rest of the egg in a tantrum and began to look for more food.

A few more hundreds of millions of years passed before Rokki came across a round piece of stale bread on the floor. This did not excite Rokki as the egg had, but the growling her stomach was now loud enough to shake the very foundations of the universe, and she felt that beggars could not be choosers. Rokki bit into the bread but found it was far too hard and stale for her teeth, and she cut her mouth, and gave out a great wail almost as loud as her rumbling stomach, and spat the blood and bread to the roof of the chamber, too. They stuck and formed two circles - one white and one red - on either side of the blazing yolk.

Humans and Elves were once the pet races to an ancient race of parasitic lichen that could take over the bodies of the varied early races, but not the aforementioned two. They were kept around for novelty's sake, but when Elves turned out to be too much to handle, the ancients decided to just dump them all in a forest somewhere.

The humans remained as comfortable pets until sudden global cooling killed off all the ancients. Their cities are re-purposed ancient ones, which they've MacGyvered to their own ends.

Neither race has much knowledge of the ancients, but the Elves believe that they were the 'chosen people' that were delivered to the forest nation that they now live in. Of course, it's kind of the opposite.

Dwarves and Orcs are both descended from a servitor race that split after the ancients died.

Rokki now had a terrible tantrum, and stamped her feet and whirled her arms around her head, and broke all the bones in her body in the frustrations of her hunger. When she had recovered from the pain after another hundred million years, Rokki thought, "Well, if I cannot find food to eat I will have to make some." She picked up some of the mud from the ground and some of the fire she had made and sculpted together a beast. Immediately she fell upon it and crushed it between her teeth and devoured it. Rokki was now so ravenous that one beast was not nearly enough to quench her appetite, and so she created more. Rokki worked her hands furiously to create millions of beasts one after the other. At this point nothing mattered to Rokki but her terrible hunger and her beasts were malformed, of many shapes and sizes, but still she fell upon them and ate them almost as soon as they had been sculpted. But while her mouth was full with beasts to eat Rokki's hands continued to work, and so some beasts escaped from her maw and fled away. After gorging herself for several hundred million years on beasts Rokki realised two things: she had used up all of her fire, and she was still hungry.

Rokki's felt the tremors of her churning, hungry belly starting again and she wailed and almost destroyed herself in despair. She flopped and raised up her hands ready to cave in her own skull, but paused a moment as she came to an understanding: her own appetite had been growing now for hundreds and hundreds of millions of years and had grown so large it could not possibly be satisfied, no matter how much she ate. Rokki knew that she could only end her hunger by reducing her appetite, so she cut herself into a hundred million pieces each of which became a tiny person in the form of Rokki and each of which had a tiny piece of her terrible hunger. These tiny people spread out over the universe and chased down Rokki's beasts under the light of the yolk and the blood and the bread and the holes where the roots had been, and met the other gods and stranger things still, too. Thus did humans come into the world.

????

In the beginning there was Amaya and Secunda. Amaya, the mother goddess of creation and Secunda, the father god of destruction

Amaya created the Vari(elves) whilst Secunda created the Vykun(humans).

Amaya wished to coddle, care, and pamper her children, for them to want for nothing and always love her. Secunda wished to empower his children, to teach them to be strong, to give them challenges so that they would one day no longer need him

Needless to say, the mother and father gods were not happy with one another's choice of "parenting" and so they fought. And as they fought, so did their children

The Vari commanded powerful magics, but the Vykun called upon empowering war howls and blessings. The Vykun forged the strongest of weapons and armor from metals, bones, and stones. But the Vari could summon an entire city within mere moments. The Vykun walked an endless path of destruction towards the Vari, but the Vari continued to build and fortify just as endlessly as the Vykun marched

As the mother and father looked upon their children they were horrified at what they had wrought, so great was the rage of their children against one another the god and goddess themselves could not abate them. And with heavy heart they knew what they must do. Unable to harm their own children, Secunda and Amaya took the other's children, and sealed them away within their own lands. The Vari, sealed in the great petrified trees of Secunda's volcanic lands and the Vykun sealed in the titanic glaciers of Amaya's frozen north.

With the deed done, the god and goddess left the world, in search of a new beginning.

The lesser beings of the world, fishes, birds, mammals, and reptiles, began their own path to evolution. And when their minds finally gained enough thought to realize the world around them, they expanded, and continued expanding until they came across the children of the gods. And with no knowledge of what would come of it, they released the first children

They herped and derped themselves into existence. They were all "HUMANITY FUCK YEAH!" and annoyed nonexistence so much with their austistic manchild screeching that they were kicked into existence as a punishment.

Nah, j/k, they're what happens when dwarves and elves mate.

... what part about that has anything to do with fedora tipping?

You typed something he didn't agree with.

Therefore, fedora. It's the ultimate argument with no rebuttal possible. It covers rock. It resists scissors. It has gay mixed-race atheist sex with paper.

Fedora wins, no matter what.

Aliens made them by hyper-evolving apes with magic.

They are tiny giants. Like ogres, but more docile and physically gracile.

Milenias ago, the 'gods' where pushed together in art-class and where tasked with creating the world over the next few thousand years. They worked hard on it but still only managed to get a D when they finished.

>each race has a patron god that created them
>now i have to explain where the gods came from
>it goes on and on

Well, I assume the biggest and strongest gods "existed" before time and space. They have no "beginning".

Mistake that has an unknown end result.

Like it's 50/50 if humanity will destroy themselves in brutality, or be the leaders of a glorious new peaceful world/universe.

Like in reality...

I get the feeling that the Dark Elves didn't actually count as a separate race, meaning that humans were the real seventh race and the non-human lands starting to run dry are the first stage of this apocalypse that's going to wipe out all of the races BUT humans, as well as magic.

You're actually wrong. Most everything wants to kill the people, travelling outside of cities is highly lethal, and there's a major disaster looming on the horizon, but the setting is mainly optimistic and everything is fine on a cosmic level. What makes a race in the setting is very clearly defined, and the dark elves are distinct from elves. The ritual they performed was meant to transform a group of them into other races so that they would be able to escape laws of a certain tyrant that only applied to elves. They ended up as something new, and aside appearance they're not very much like elves.

I assume they had a beginning and once they were strong enough rewrote history so that they always existed.

Only a few hallowed places and secret histories escaped the rewrite, and bringing them to light could possibly change history back (or not).

Thoughts on interracial breeding? A lot of setting have half-whatevers, I assume it is mostly just a fetish of the game creator, but logically races should not be able to breed.

>I assume it is mostly just a fetish of the game creator
Don't take this personally, but you're beyond saving.

What do you mean by this?

I don't like it either. It adds to little to a setting , undermines the races and creates more questions.

Call me a nazi, but I just handwave it by saying that the gods don't want their creations getting breed out and fear that a new race might bring to the world.

You'll get Bretons and Imperials.

>and fear that a new race might bring to the world.
*And fear what a new race might bring to the world.
My post is a mess, I need sleep. Sorry.

They're a result of post-humans going to the past and creating ancestral pre-humans

God came in his mistress' eye and the cummy tear she shed fell upon the earth and from it sprung man, in God's image.

My setting has no half races, but every race can interbreed. It's a defining aspect of what makes them count as people. The children as always the race of one parent with a few traits from the other parent's race if it's different, and these secondary traits can never be passed on to their own children. I hate it when people try to bring real world science or biology into magical beings, so I wanted to make an outright statement that genetics don't work like in the real world.

Humans arrived through a rupture in time and space, as in this small, magical universe of a setting, occasionally the stars and forces align to allow convergence with other dimensions, be they similar to its own, a parallel timeline, or even a hellish plane like the typical Hell. Humans are among a number of races who managed to come en masse to this world using technology one might expect from the Halo universe, sort of slipspacey, but more meant to take advantage of these convergences. The humans who arrived ended up thinking of the current inhabitants (vampiric, beast-like men, dragons and the like) as little more than violent creatures and went to war with them with their small, ragged fleet of small ships that had barely survived the convergence. Naturally, all three societies ended up nearly destroying each other, and the ruins of all three civilizations can be found around the world today.

Unlike Dragons and these vampire creatures however, humans managed to bring themselves back from the brink rather quickly and are a dominant people on one of the three major continents that remained after their war.

I do weird interracial things. Most races can interbreed (shared genetic ancestor millions of years ago)
For example, in my setting, Elves can breed with any other race, the offspring will be mostly elven in appearance, but with some traits from the other parent. Like mules IRL, half-elves cannot reproduce. In Drow communities, non-drow are purpose-bred to produce these mules to perform menial tasks more effectively than a Drow could.
In other races, the offspring takes after the mother, except in the case of Orcs, where the father dictates the prominent racial traits of half-orcs. Hallf-orc children almost always kill their non-orc mothers in childbirth, also.
As female dwarves in my setting are bearded, most female half-dwarves have a strong proclivity towards slight or heavy facial hair as well.
Halflings and Gnomes cannot successfully carry the child of a larger race, but can unfortunately become impregnated with one.

They were originally huge fuckers built by the god of greed and carnage to be perfect warriors. They turned on him, locked him in a cell, and went to live on Earth. Over time, the molten power instilled in them dissipated and ebbed away until they got less huge and more pink/squishy, and there you have humans.

Wizard did it.
More specifically, a Wizard did it and a Dragon helped.

What species was the Jizzard?

Omnipotent shapeshifting super-being, like all Wizards.
A Red Dragon watched, got envious and made Pig Orcs.

>Thoughts on interracial breeding?
It never produces offspring, and while interspecies romance happens occasionally most people view it as akin to bestiality.

There's no human-elf-dwarf shenanigans going on where sapient species look mostly alike, so any attraction between them is rather rare.

Originally created by the gods as a soulless obedient servant and solider race, the trickster god gave each human a piece of his own soul to give them free will their own thought. Even though they were denied their servants by the act, the gods could not bring themselves to destroy what remained of their brother, so they let humans survive, though they started as wanderers without a homeland until with their wits and guile founded a place for themselves on the plains and beaches of the world.

>Tell me about the origin of humans in your setting, Veeky Forums.

To make a long story short:

The two precursor species to Humans (Yotunn) & Centaurs (Magnataurs) simply would NOT stop fucking one another.

After the course of about 10,000 years of giant interracial fucking the two precursor species stopped being distinct entities to one another and they eventually became something bordering the line between "sub-species" & "ethnicity" producing modern day Humans & Centaurs.

So this wizard and dragon cucked a Red Dragon into masturbating orcs into existence?

I like the tilt you have going here. It's an interesting mindset and dynamic

I really like the way this story cones together. It feels selfcontained and is darn cool. So are the remains of the first fire near the end of the universe?

The Wizard made Elves and Beastmen.
The Silver Dragon squished some Elves and Apefolk together into Humies.
The Red Dragon got grumpy and uplifted Orcs into raging, bacon-flavored killing machines.

that's not nearly as arousing

Esh made a strange beast one day.
Devoid of much hair, and standing fully upright, she endowed it with a larger mind with which to understand the world she had made. However this mind sparked realisation, and a desire to be more, which congealed into a soul, a yearning which drew up power from the Eternal Sea.

In a fit of jealousy, Enn snatched this new being from her hands and at its touch its life came to a close, its burgeoning soul cut down in the prime, and returning to Well of All. Shocked at the concept of mortality, they both immediately realised the Well was more full than it had been when the being was made.

Thus lived and died the first man, his fleeting existence, the joy of life, and the terror of death breaching the barrier of the world, and filling his soul with the energy of the universe.

As then Esh set about filling the world with her newfound and much beloved children, who felt so intensely and enriched the world with their ambition, love and fear. Meanwhile in his grief, Enn, knowing that he must one day bring his each of his Children to an end, set about constructing within his own realm a realm to which he would safely carry their minds, once their souls had fled their bodies. An afterlife where they would rest forever in a state of contentness, beyond mortality, beyond pain, and would eventually fade and become one with the world-soul.

Then, from the stock of mankind, the other growing Gods and Forces formed their own favoured sons and daughters, bestowed with a special conncection to a fundamental force. But none were ever so truly loved by Esh (Beginning) and Enn (Ending) as their first children, mankind.

>Separate races are actually separate species
>GM it so half-elves, half-orcs and so on don't exist

There you go.

>Separate races are actually separate species
Interspecies reproduction exists IRL.
>What is a Mule?
>What is a Liger?
>What is a Zedonk?
>What is a Hinny?
> lijagulep
>Wholphin
Even Killer Bees are a hybrid of two different species.
As long as 2 species are similar in overall structure and number of chromosomes they can reproduce

Their offspring cant reproduce and for many species the offspring actually die before maturity.

But they exist. That's enough to justify some interbreeding
See

>Thoughts on interracial breeding? A lot of setting have half-whatevers, I assume it is mostly just a fetish of the game creator, but logically races should not be able to breed.

Here's how I've been doing it so far: >Humans & Centaurs
-Mothers give birth 75% of the time to babies of their own morphology (Centaur or Human), but 25% of the time they'll birth the opposite (Human or Centaur).
-Human & Centaur communities try to keep it an even 50/50 split between the morphologies and if one becomes rarer or less common instinct will drive them to find the less-common type more attractive.

>Everyone else within the Taxonomy "Races of Men": Humans & Centaurs, Giants, Ettins, Dwarves.
-"Can" theoretically have sex, but physical differences cause complications.
-Can produce cross-breeds, but the vast majority of them are infertile.

>Orcs & Ogres
-Can have sex with one another with only a few complications.
-Can produce cross-breeds, majority are infertile, but fertile hybrids are not unheard of.

>Everyone else: Animal people, Dragons, Changelings, Goblins, Trolls, Cyclopes, etc.. etc.. Too many to list.
-Can have sex with one another, but mileage varies wildly.
-Cannot produced cross-breeds.

Basically I just subscribe to the "Your Race is usually your 'species' and not an ethnicity."

Everyone in-setting, including the humans themselves, assume they were made by some crazy lich who Meddled In Things He Was Not Meant To Know. They think that's why humans have no capacity for magic, have hefty magic resistance, and don't register for many spells such as the local Detect Evil variant - they think they're made to be anti-mage assassins.

Actually they're bio-weapons created by Elder Gods From Outside Reality, designed to erode the magic of the setting until the Elder Gods can come in and eat everything. Only a few gods and elder dragons and the like actually know this, but pretty much everyone hates humans because of it thanks to the gods inciting religious war against them. They're kinda screwed - everyone hates them and tries to kill them, and if they manage to survive as a species long enough then they'll be eaten by Cthulhu along with the rest.

Ive been looking for something that makes humans look larger than life but not god-tier. Can I use this!?

I think the best way is to use some ridiculous creation myths that couldn't have possibly have happened like the ancient greeks had.

Make God(s) go all "Nope,it wasn't a mistake,i meant to do that!"

Most human faiths, like all others, believe that they came into being via some sort of divine miracle perpetrated by God or gods.

Those who follow the teachings of Vida believe that they crawled from the ashes left behind when Vida burned away the evil created by her brother ViƱa. Humans were born of the brightest embers; all others are cut from the same cinder, only duller.

Gracites believe that all races have simply always been, just as the world has always been, and everything always will be. Time is an infinite circle, not an infinite line.

Of course, the highest of secular scholars devote their lives to finding the "true" origin of the world and species, but are largely viewed as quacks at best and heretics at worst by the folk at large. And for good reason: in hundreds of years of research not one scrap of progress has been made in any direction.

In short, humanity, sentience, and the world itself have no known "true" origin.

Probably made by the Sun. Seems like something she would do, the bitch.

This.
Gods never admit mistakes. The creator of humanity must continue forever as though he planned for an wanted everything humans do, no matter how it makes the other gods feel, because being wrong is ungodly.

Interesting...

Wouldn't a typically human response be to eventually turn on and destroy the elder gods themselves (somehow). That could be an interesting "solution"

The classical force of good and force of evil got to talking, and they set about proving each other wrong, by crafting races with 'potential' and seeing the world with them.

The good god of lightled humans directly for a time as king, but was usurped by men brought low by jealousy and pride. He left the mortal world in shame, and the evil gods run rampant in the street now.

Humanity really being a first try, and the others being experiments. The beastmen are just dark God playthings with a touch of light gods grace.

Well my fantasy setting is based on "Christian" medieval Europe so pretty much humanity was holy, but has long since fallen from grace and is fairly depraved.

Awww. I know that it's definitely a fetish thing, but that image is super cute. Makes me want to include centaurs in my setting, now.

Only question is, are they just horse people, or are they total party hooligans like in the original Greek myth?

>Only question is, are they just horse people, or are they total party hooligans like in the original Greek myth?

It depends entirely on culture and personality, but funny you should mention that since I've spent a bit of time rationalizing a lot of what their most prominent culture/society has to think about "sin".

-Centaurs & Humans have a rich, terrible history mired by constant war, conflict, rape and pillage: against themselves but ESPECIALLY against other species.

-Time and time again Centaurs & Humans have been the generic mook race throughout history- on par with Orcs.

-Their distaste for this dishonorable past has accumulated into a 'modern' culture that respects and cherishes more self controlled values as well as a number of fables and folktales around sin being punished and virtue being rewarded.

-Horses are non-kosher/haram. They are a symbol of pure, unclean, bestial impulse and debauchery as a Horse is often seen as a Centaur that has had his 'humanity' stripped of him and all that remains is a beast.

-Likewise The "Equataur" (Chalicothere) is seen as something perhaps even MORE debauch: The head of a horse and the body of a man, all sense has left this cursed person, but their human bodies have remained to do about evil, selfish and malicious things.

Slave race to aliens, crash land on planet with the other races. Genetic experiments are the reason for so many half-humans like mermaids and werewolves. Also brought dogs, so very few wild dogs and other races don't know how to deal with dogs

Humans are believed to be accidents, that's why they're so diverse. An orc and an elf and a dwarf KNOW what they're supposed to be. Humans don't, which makes them unstable and hard to predict. It also makes other races easy to read, because they ARE their stereotypes

oshit, stealing this

"Humans" in my setting are the descendants of actual pseudo-futuristic humans that survived the apocalypse and eventualy mutated and evolved "magic".
Pure humans are believed to be gods by these people.
Also, orcs/elves/goblins/whatev are just mutated/genetically modified humans.
What they don't know is that pure humans still exist in underground complexes and orbital space stations.

The Allfather created his children: two of stone, one of clay, one of wood and two of iron. When the children of iron betrayed the rest, he shattered them with his hammer and the pieces were doomed to live like beasts.

Rolled 3 (1d3)

test

When the Demiurge fled the Tyrant Godhead's dreadful gaze, it took with it Seven Archons and a host of spirits from the stagnant chaos of the Spiritual Realm.

The Demiurge became the Material World and some of the spirits incarnated upon the world as humans.

I pity your poor human women who have to give birth to foals

They were accidentally created along with elves when the voice of the Mystery (the overgod of the setting) vibrated the cords of the universe at just the right frequency while s/he was telling off the lesser gods s/he had tasked with creating the world for fucking up his/her perfect vision.

Humans were imbued with spirits dominated by Heat and Motion, while elves are dominated by Cold and Stillness, which is why they often don't get along, and why humans are hot-headed and adventuresome while elves are long-lived and inscrutable.

i like that

no, im not user but the way you typed it was sorta pretentious

Orcs & Elves are all Earth humans kidnapped by nth dimensional beings and bred in a hyperbolic time dimension to be useful for their "games". Elves believe they were the chosen of the gods and are generally Noldorian with the ego to match. Orcs believe they created as warrior-servants for the upcoming War in Heaven, that their god pantheon will uplift them to paradise and therefore they honed themselves on this mundane realm.

Humans are from the 25th century. One of the ark fleets that were kidnapped and crash landed in this dimension. The survivors tried to rebuild and restore communications but were immediately raided by both Orcs and Elves. After a thousand years of internecine warfare, the humans have managed to carved out their own existence on this dimension and have forgotten their own origins

Bump for more stories.

Humans are one of the descendants of the a 'forerunner' race on the Earth known as the Alessians. After a gigantic civil war and global catastrophe (mainly at the hands of corrupt demi gods) several races evolved rapidly thanks to the magical fallout of the global catastrophe. Humans were one of them.

bam