What's the most depressing setting aside from 40K?

What's the most depressing setting aside from 40K?

The one we're living in.

kill puppies for satan

>40k
>depressing

Uh 40k is goofball comedy dude

Doctor Who games always make me want to die. Not quite the way you mean though.

40k isn't depressing for the same reason it isn't scary.

It's got the framework for it, but everything exists in such retarded extremes taking it seriously is pretty darn hard.

Auschwitz loses some of its edge when it takes up an entire fucking planet.

>it's TG sharing it's opinion instead of answering the fucking question episode

tell me more about your favourite color and what kind of sandwich do you like while you're at it

Not to mention that most of it focuses just on warring and spesh merines. No time to to be depressed during battles.

My favorite color is blue and my favorite sandwich is tuna with vinegar and diced onion on sourdough.

Pastrami on rye with deli mustard is a close second

MGE.

>Veeky Forums thinks the name is spam

Yea, nothing depressing about showers, a post office and a cinema.

People also forget that with an empire the size of 40k, 99% of people are not going to be dealing with the bullshit. They're too far away to interact with and just get on with their lives. Maybe they will have to send a regiment for the guard but that's about it.

Good taste.

The most depressing setting is real life.

Out of fantasy settings, Ravenloft, maybe? Honestly, I don't get depressed when playing a game, even if it is grim and dark, because playing a character with a crappier life than mine is fun. I enjoy their suffering.

Dark Sun?

AoS.

Fucking tragic. So much wasted potential.

Xeelee

Those fucking soul coins man.

Explain. I'm interested.

>I don't know wraith

FATAL

When you die, sometimes you wake up in what is essentially purgatory. You are pulled out of a pod by individuals looking for random souls like you because you have some value and might get sold into slavery at best. The worst case scenario is if your not useful in any way you get processed into a soul coin and turned into money. You are still concious and aware but you are completely incapable of doing anything.

If you escape that fate, you might get picked up by one of the few factions that exist in this purgatory and sent out to do jobs for them in whcih case you gain powers to help you do so but you also have to deal with the dark side of you that wants to see you destroyed as I think this represents the pull of oblivion and you have to deal with that every now and again as your actions may strengthen or weaken it.

If you're lucky you might be able to pass on into the actual afterlife and go on there wherever you are suppose to go which is better then being in purgatory.

My life.
;_;

Berserk probably.

I'd say majority of cyberpunk settings are worse because they tend to be where we are heading which is even more depressing than current state of world.

Does that acronym mean what I think it means.

Nah, most Cyberpunk was set in the distant future year of about ten years ago. The fact that the world didn't go entirely to hell and also we all got smart phones is kind of up lifting

Engine Heart

I love the game and its theme but the way I like to run it it's very emotionally draining.

This. Always makes me laugh to see people taking 40k seriously when the whole thing is an utter derpfest of Orks and reheated sci-fi tropes.

This is true, but I was referring to the fact that many things predicted by cyberpunk settings like disappearing middle class, poverty, mega corporations with unlimited power have become true or are close to coming true. We are not yet in the shithole state described in cyberpunk setting, but it doesn't look very bright if things keep going on as they're going.

Forgot to mention things like mass surveillance and some countries literally becaming police state like what happened to UK.

oWoD.

Metal Genesis Evansolid

Since the World of Darkness games are all co-written by goths, they have some pretty depressing things in them.

Though oWoD (atleast in it's common Vampire form) can be very campy and grimderp which makes it less depressing than it's supposed to be. No idea if the newer one is like that.