Girls und Panzer: Lafayette Girls Academy Quest 2: #28

> Sunday, July 5th, 2015

SITUATION: pastebin.com/ziMsX6th
MECHANICS: pastebin.com/49M2eE8Z
THE RULES: pastebin.com/BEsprkBZ
THE TANK: pastebin.com/sJsgig6B
THE DIVISIONS: pastebin.com/xCQZAdqU
THE SHOP: pastebin.com/v6xeDRXj

“Okay, everybody, okay!” Griselda tries to get all your attention, but everyone is more or less pooped from all the fireworks from last night and the night before, not to mention the surprisingly close match yesterday. All of you sit on benches in a makeshift briefing room in a tent set up for precisely that purpose. “Yesterday’s match was very close, I don’t want that to happen this time. This time, we’re all going to stick together, and force our way into their lines and nail their flag tank. And today’s flag will be…” She opens up an envelope. “… Serafina.”

“What!?” Serafina yells out, now suddenly surprised. All the Poles groan and shout in frustration, in Polish of course. “Can’t we make someone else the Flag!?”

“It’s random, Serafina,” says Iris.

“Hmph!” Serafina folds her arms. “Random my-“

“Okay…” She holds up a hand, silencing them. “It will be Ellie’s responsibility to keep you safe. We’re now starting on the opposite side of the field this time, which means that GWMA will get the benefit of the village. So today, let’s not get ahead of ourselves, okay? We have a simple plan, let’s make it happen in…” She rolls her sleeve up to check her watch. “Five hours.”

Everyone grumbles a little, tired. “Come on, wake yourselves up,” says Iris. Everybody stands up and starts filing out. Griselda sighs in frustration, rubbing her forehead a bit.

> Stay with Griselda a bit, make sure everything’s squared away.
> Head out with your crew
> Talk to one of the crews (Which?)
> Other

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/BEsprkBZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>> Stay with Griselda a bit, make sure everything’s squared away.

>> Stay with Griselda a bit, make sure everything’s squared away.

Great, the Leroy Jenkins is our flag AGAIN!

>> Talk to one of the crews (Which?)
Serafina.

> M24 Chaffee x 6
> M5A1 Stuart x 20
> M8 Scott x 15
> M18 Hellcat x 20
> Panzer II Ausf. L x 5
> Panzer I Ausf. F x 5
> SOMUA S35 x 7
> Hotchkiss H35 x 10
>Panzerkampfwagen 35H(f) mit 28/32 cm Wurfrahmen x 5
> AMC 35 x 10
>BT-5 Model 1933

Remember this is what they have left

Plus whatever they've managed to repair (I wouldn't really be surprised if at least the Elite Chaffee has been repaired)

>Talk to one of the crews (Serafina)
Your orders are; don't die.

I doubt it past matches had no one bringing back damaged tanks since there is some penalty or risk of them not working as well.

Not to mention the over abundance of spare tanks

You and Griselda look over the map a bit. “So I’m thinking, we do what they did, maybe try and split them up once we see them. Fast tanks will try to lure out what they can, big tanks will try and draw the major amount of damage.” She sighs. “It’s a shame that our flag is the Pershing again. I really wish I could find the Poles something that more fit their particular er… quirk.”

“Yeah, they’re pretty impatient,” you say.

“Mhm.” Griselda rubs her chin a bit. “Other than that, I’m banking on Iris being a miracle again with her kills. She could reach 30 this round you know. That’s the fastest anybody in NATO has ever reached 30 kills in a single season,” she explains. You smile a bit, as does Griselda. The both of you are proud, that’s for sure. “Are you okay with taking care of the Poles for now?”

“I am,” you say. “It’s nothing I can’t handle.”

“Well, alright then.” Griselda sighs, rubbing at her eyes. “Augh, last night was heck of a thing.” She snaps her fingers, looking at you.

“Yeah, fireworks are always nice,” you say. “Think we can get them today?”

“If they don’t deploy the Hellcats, yes,” says Griselda. Oh? Is she not confident? “I’ve made a horrible mistake, I thought GWMA would be a pretty easy team to put away but this…”

> “We can do it, we did it yesterday.”
> “Let’s just not do anything stupid.”
> “Yeah, it was kind of cutting it close yesterday.”
> Other

>> “Let’s just not do anything stupid.”

> “We can do it, we did it yesterday.”

We warned her not to underestimate her opponents

> “Yeah, it was kind of cutting it close yesterday.”

>“We can do it, we did it yesterday.”
But only after devolving to a CLUTCH OR KICK situation. Nobody wants that.

> “Let’s just not do anything stupid.”

“You’re right,” says Griselda. “Today we’re going to stick together as one group. If they try to spread us out or herd us into a kill zone, we can definitely fight our way out of it. We’ve got the better tanks.” You nod, that’s the Griselda you want to see. She smiles happily, rubbing her hands. “Alright, well, get outta here. I’ll look after our tanks.”

“Alright, Griselda.” You start walking over to the tent flap. “Good luck, okay?” She nods, giving you a thumbs up.

-

-

Denise, Serafina, Winona, Ingrid, Josephina, and Stack were all crowded around last night’s reward, Lang the cream-colored draft horse. He neighs a bit, definitely docile. “Aw, he’s such a darling!” Denise holds his reins, gently petting his head. “Does anybody know how to ride him?”

“I rode a pony once,” says Stack. “This ain’t no pony though.”

Ingrid scoffs. “Pony’s would still be too big for you.”

Stack fumes a bit. “Why, I oughta beat you like a rented ass, Ingrid!”

Winona folds her arms. “He’s not like Cuddles though. I can see why girls like horses though, they’re so pretty!” She looks over at you. “Oh, oh, Elodie! Want to try and ride him before the match?”

> “Are you nuts? I don’t know how to ride a horse!”
> “Um. I can try I guess.”
> Other

>I can see why girls like horses though, they’re so pretty!
Don't say that in earshot of the tanks it will hurt their feelings.

Let's not get too hoarse with the horse puns

>> “Are you nuts? I don’t know how to ride a horse!”
Maybe phrase it a bit nicer, but... yeah, this

>> “Are you nuts? I don’t know how to ride a horse!”

>“Are you nuts? I don’t know how to ride a horse!”
Horses are like bikes. If you get on a bike without knowing how to drive it, you could get killed.

Now, with this particular bike you have no controls of any kind.

>> “Are you nuts? I don’t know how to ride a horse
Don't want to break something before the match

>“Are you nuts? I don’t know how to ride a horse!”
Stick shift and tracks I can make sense of! Tanks make sense! A horse is not a tank!

Where does the ammo go?

Except, you know, a horse instead of a donkey.

No Winona, we're not going to get hurt before the match.

“Aww.” Winona folds her arms, puffing her cheeks out. “But I wanna see you ride a horse.”

“Look, I have very good transportation in my assistant, Denise. Her Kettenkrad gets me everywhere and I-“ You blink, and see that Denise is trying to climb up onto the saddle with some great difficulty. “Denise, get down from there!” She gasps, then drops down, ashamed. “You’re going to get hurt!” Lang huffs, hanging his head low. “Oh, don’t you start!” Wait, you’re talking to a horse!

Serafina smiles. “Boy, what I would give to get a horse of my own! I’d ride him everywhere! And adorn upon his flank some wings and be like the heroic Polish Hussars of old!”

“Well, technically, the horse belongs to LGA,” you say. “Anyway, are you all prepared for the match today?” They all nod, except for Serafina. “Serafina.”

Serafina grumbles a bit. “I hate being important. I just want to charge in and destroy them! Can’t we do that this match!?”

“Serafina, you’re the flag tank,” you say. “You can’t.”

“Why not?” Serafina pouts a bit. “It’s not like this is the 2013 ITL. There’s nothing at stake!” That-… that is very true. Still, you have to convince her to be a bit more… cautious. How?

> “Think of Griselda.”
> “I’d be very unhappy.”
> “Just, don’t.”
> Other

> “I’d be very unhappy.”

>“I’d be very unhappy.”

> “Just, don’t.”

> “Think of Griselda.”

>Other
>If we win I'll see about letting you ride the horse.

>> “Think of Griselda.”

>> Other
this

And remember what happened when you charged in? You lost to tanks that should have been a cake walk because you went out of formation. Do you want to cause as much damage as Iris? Then sometimes waiting is the best part of valor.

The carrot
The stick

Here:

Change my vote to

> EVERYTHING

“1. I’d be very unhappy. 2. Griselda will be very unhappy.” Serafina grumbles, holding her arms. “But 3. If we win, I’ll let you ride the horse.” She gasps, grinning happily. “Got that?” She nods quickly. “Alright. Get outta here.” She pumps her fist, running off to join her crew.

You and your crew watch as Serafina leaves. “To be frank,” says Winona. “She’s right. There really isn’t too much at stake for us. It’s not like we’re fighting for our school’s survival.”

“Well-“ You sigh. “Fight as if you are, okay?” To be frank, it’s kind of disappointing that you’re not. It would really motivate the teams into doing more. It may even get the sportscasters to stop projecting LGA as dead last with the likes of say… what team did Ingrid always bash, the Braves? Ah, forget it.

-

-

All of you commanders have assembled on stage in front of the huge crowd. The Judges were still making preliminary preparations. That left some time to talk casually. You and Griselda were striking up conversation with Carolina “Swamp Fox” Greene. “So, Carolina. What tanks you bringing today?” asks Griselda.

“Hm, the brave horses I intend to bring are a secret for the next five minutes.” You look out to the bleachers, folding your arms. “Oh, Elodie? See someone you know out there?”

You-…

You gasp. Oh no.

“Whoooo! Ellie!” IT’S YOUR PARENTS! WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING!? Dad is sucking on a bottle of beer, jostling the unfortunate guy next to him. “THAT’S MY KID DOWN THERE! HEY, ELLIE! ELLIE!” Mom as well is waving her arms, trying to get your attention.

Griselda looks over. “Is something wrong? Do you see somebody out there?”

> “No. Nobody.”
> “Um, it’s just my parents.”
> Remain silent
> Other

> “No. Nobody.”

>“Um, it’s just my parents.”

Awww Ellie is embarassed.

>> “Um, it’s just my parents.”
"doing embarrassing thing that only parents can do."

Brace for parental foolishness, be ready for evasive maneuvers.

Don't worry Ellie, it's just your parents. No pressure to look good infront of them or anything.

“It’s um…” You look over again. May as well face the music. “They’re my parents.” Carolina and Griselda all gasp, looking over.

“ELLIE! ELLIE!” Mom screams to you, waving her arms up and bouncing up and down. “HI! ELLIE!” You gently wave back to them, trying to smile. “SHE WAVED AT US!”

“SHE NOTICED US! WOOOOOO!” They chestbump each other, waving their beers and hands around in excitement as if it were a football game and not a much more refined Tankery match. You slowly bring the lip of your helmet over your eyes and over your cheeks, trying to hide your blush. Ooooh, what are they doing in Ohio!? They must have driven hours to see you! “HEY ELLIE! ELLIE!” You wave to them again. “ELLIE, KICK THEIR ASSES! YOU GOT THE BIGGER BOOBS, ELLIE!” AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Griselda giggles a little. “They’re charming.” Oh shut up.

The Judges step up between you and GWMA. “The Flag Match between George Washington Military Academy and Lafayette Girls Academy will now begin. The objective of this match is to eliminate the opposing team’s flag tank!”

> LAFAYETTE GIRLS ACADEMY
> Hometown: Norfolk, Virginia
> Motto: “Dum vivimus, vivamus”
> March: Lafayette Girls Academy March
> Commander: Griselda Pool

> **GRISELDA POOL (M4 Sherman – 75mm M3 “Janus”)
> *ELODIE R. ZUMWALT (Cromwell III – QF 6-Pounder “Oliver”)
> *IRIS BLACKBOURNE (Churchill IV – QF 6-Pounder “James)
> “SUVOROV” (Panzer III Ausf. J – 50mm KwK 38 L/42 “Frederick”)
> **FLAG** SERAFINA MACZEK (M26 Pershing – 90mm M3 “Sokol”)
> REGINA TANEY (IS-2m – D-25T 122mm “David”)
> DALIA EARNHARDT (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Mifune”)

> GEORGE WASHINGTON MILITARY ACADEMY
> Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
> Motto: “Virtus Repulsae Nescia”
> March: Yankee Doodle
> Commander: Carolina “Swamp Fox” Greene

[1/2]

[2/2]

> **1. CAROLINA “SWAMP FOX” GREENE (M24 Chaffee – 75mm Gun M6 “Traveller”)
> *2. HILDA “CLAUSEWITZ” BLASKOWITZ (M24 Chaffee – 75mm Gun M6 “Albatross”)
> 3. DIANA “NAPOLEON” LASORDA (M24 Chaffee – 75mm M6 “Cincinnatti”)
> 4. VERONICA MARQUEZ (M24 Chaffee – 75mm M6 “Chetak”)
> 5. JULIANA HARCOURT (M24 Chaffee – 75mm M6 “Radium”)
> *6. BRUNHILDE KOWALSKI (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Assault”)
> 7. FRANCISCA ROSETTA (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Black Caviar”)
> 8. SERENA SKARSGAARD (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Crisp”)
> 9. PAULINE PATTERSON(M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “John Henry”)
> **FLAG** 10. AKO MATSUZAKA (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Lady Suffolk”)
> *11. HAILEY WINSTON (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Man o’ War”)
> 12. TERESA STRONG (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Thunder”)
> 13. DIEDRE JANKOWITZ (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Incitatus”
> 14. SABRINE O’HARE (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Gun Rock”)
> 15. SAMANTHA O’HARE (M18 Hellcat – 76mm M1A2 “Jim”)
> *16. VERA ZACHARY (M8 Scott – 75mm M3 Howitzer “Marocco”)
> 17. HEIDI SMITH (M8 Scott – 75mm M3 Howitzer “Mister Ed”)
> 18. JEANNIE RICKETTS (M8 Scott – 75mm M3 Howitzer “Red Hare”)
> 19. JANE DESOTO (M8 Scott – 75mm M3 Howitzer “Sampson”)
> 20. MEGAN THIRD (M8 Scott – 75mm M3 Howitzer “Champion”)

-

-

“Alright, everyone,” you say. “Let’s exercise a bit of caution this time. The Hellcat’s armor is paper thin, but it has excellent range and blinding speed. I have a hunch they’ll be using the dust again to their advantage, so let’s try and keep our heads.”

The Pershing rumbles next to you, twitching forward and backwards periodically. “Right!” says Serafina.

Griselda in the Sherman next to you nods. “Elodie, you have point.”

> Note: You are now starting in GWMA's beginning position from yesterday.

> Move down the center
> Move northwards
> Move southwards
> Other

>Move down the center

>> Move northwards

Here comes the Hellcats. I have a feeling they don't like us no more.

> Move northwards

>Move northwards
I'd rather not got down an open road when our opponents could have the speed to get into a favorable position before we got there.

>Move northwards

>> Move northwards

> Move southwards

> Move northwards

“We’ll move north first. Iris, Regina, get on either side of Serafina. Suvorov, Earnhardt, and Griselda will bring up the rear.” Everyone shouts affirmatively. “Alright, let’s go!” Your tanks start advancing, kicking up a fair bit of dust, but not so much that you’re blinded. It’s still dry out here it seems. You’re lucky no wildfires have happened.

“I see dust!” yells Griselda. “To the southwest, moving east!” You pick up your binoculars and peer through. That dustcloud is indeed expanding eastward.

Hm. Maybe they’re intending to flank you? Strange though, that cloud is a lot smaller than the last one.

> COMMAND POINTS: 12 CP
> INTUITION: - 2 CP
> EXECUTE TACTICAL MANEUVER (Which?)
> Deploy Smoke (3/3)
> APDS Shot (5/5)
> Keep moving along the northern border
> Start moving southwards
> Hold position and start digging in
> Other

The cavalry is on our tail, Geronimo!

>Start moving southwards
Or there's less tanks in there, or there's MORE tanks in there.

>Head to Boweswille and dig in.

Would going south leave us exposed to the the dreaded hellcats? If yes, then its a feint and we proceed, if no, head south.

Oh shit, Schteel hinting at Willy Pete tactics

>Start moving southwards

That Hellcat blob is a bit scary. We definitely don't want to end up in that killzone.

But they will be able to catch up to our tail considering the speed difference.

I suggest we head to some cover in the town nearby and start digging in.

If the dust cloud is smaller than before I'd imagine their plan is to force us away from the approaching forces into an ambush and then crush us from both sides.
So it would be better to meet their charge and crush them before they can put their plan into action.

But wouldn't moving Southwards mean that that is not the big tank group and their baiting us into a kill zone in the first place.

>> Start moving southwards

Well they can see our cloud assuredly. With numbers and speed, they might be sending an arm to the north with the biggest detachment going up the gut.

if that's the case wouldn't digging in near the town be best?

They're closer to the town than we are.

They don't have any staying power. Iris alone could take the town.

user, they traded in any spec of armor they had for 76mm guns and speed. The Churchill cannot just waddle in there again without getting fucked up.

No, Iris would get fucked three ways to sunday by Hellcats.

If a brawl favors us, and fighting in town forces a brawl, then we obviously should go for town.

“Let’s get on the bounce and start moving southwards. We’ll move down the Bowersville road.”

“Got it,” says Iris.

“Yeah,” says Serafina idly.

You look down into your turret to see Stack and Winona kicking back in the turret, reading some Crimson Skies comics. “Hey!” They all yelp, flinching. “Stop goofing off! We’re in the middle of a match!” They immediately resume ready positions. “Ingrid, Josephina, how are you two?”

“We’re fine,” they both say.

Hm. You turn out again, then look out your binoculars. The dust is still moving east. You take another look. You do see a Chaffee, or at least the shape of a Chaffee in the cloud way out of your range. But you can’t ascertain their numbers. You take a look at the trees to the far west. Nothing you can see at least.

Ugh.

> COMMAND POINTS: 12 CP
> Deploy Smoke (3/3)
> APDS Shot (5/5)
> Continue moving southwards
> Start moving west
> Other

>> Hold position and start digging in

Continue South.

Probably an ambush out west. That's the only place they can set up stealthily.

>You do see a Chaffee, or at least the shape of a Chaffee in the cloud way out of your range. But you can’t ascertain their numbers
I am increasingly sure that its a feint
>Hold position and start digging in

>> INTUITION: - 2 CP

Are there any forests in the area?

There's a town to take cover and some small foliage.

Do the M18s count as open topped vehicles still? If they did they would be pretty susceptible to shrapnel and debris coming off tall objects like trees and buildings. That was one of the big points in the last quest to use the Hellcat as a scout.

Well, there are rules saying that custom enclosed turrets can be allowed on a case by case basis.

Not a lot of lot of foliage unfortunately

> 6. For vehicles which were historically open-cabin, armored compartments will be allowed to make them safe to use. Self-propelled artillery vehicles such as the M7 Priest, the Hummel, and other examples will be eligible for armored cabins.
> a. The armored cabins will be only 5 millimeters thick, to make sure performance is not in any way affected.

Refer to: pastebin.com/BEsprkBZ

>image
>last line

>> Start moving west
Start moving west and pop them they start storming across the fields.

>> 6. For vehicles which were historically open-cabin, armored compartments will be allowed to make them safe to use. Self-propelled artillery vehicles such as the M7 Priest, the Hummel, and other examples will be eligible for armored cabins.
>>such as the M7 Priest, the Hummel, and other examples
>>OTHER EXAMPLES.

Actually no. I'm gonna go with

“Wait, stop, stop!” The tanks all stop up. Except for Earnhardt’s Hellcat, which rams into the back of the Pershing.

“Hey, watch it!” yells Serafina.

“Sorry, the brakes on this thing are mad!” yells Earnhardt.

Griselda rolls up alongside you. “What’s wrong?”

“I think they’re baiting us.” You point to the dustcloud still continually moving eastward. “They want us to move towards that dust cloud. I think they might be moving other tanks along the western border behind that foliage.” Griselda pulls up her binoculars, squinting through them. After a minute or two, Griselda nods.

“Alright, we’ll hold position and start digging ourselves in. Bowersville will be our fallback position. Serafina!” She looks back to the Pershing, and finds Serafina idly drumming her fingers on the cupola hatch. “Serafina! Roll back about fifty meters! We’ll do a loose elliptical formation around Serafina!”

Everyone stares at Griselda.

“…” Griselda sighs. “Look, let’s just start digging ourselves in. Grab your shovels.” Everyone starts dismounting, grabbing shovels and pickaxes.

Stack turns out. “What do you want us to do?”

> COMMAND POINTS: 10 CP
> Deploy Smoke (3/3)
> APDS Shot (5/5)
> Continue moving southwards
> Start moving west
> Other

S T O P
T