/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

i'm an always !bullish! faggot edition
*National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Intro to Stocks
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/stock-and-bonds

Other urls found in this thread:

investing.com/news/stock-market-news/stocks-us-futures-mixed-after-tech-selloff-952973
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe the bears will get their dues today.

So..........

yes?

baba already down 5 dollar in premarket.

Fuck I gotta sell it. Hot potato.

so did is tax bill already pass?

or does it need more burocracy , or something?

investing.com/news/stock-market-news/stocks-us-futures-mixed-after-tech-selloff-952973

>Senate Republicans narrowly passed a bill in the early hours of Saturday morning, with 51 to 49 in favor of the tax overhaul. Retailers and banks are seen as benefiting more from the expected corporate tax cuts, which lead to a tech selloff on Monday. Congress still faces obstacles before the bill can become law and now must create a joint House and Senate bill, which will then be sent to President Donald Trump.

thanks.
I hate this abnormal volatility.

It's easy to become comfortable with a certain type of market condition, all of us fall for it. But be careful not to become too complacent.

> be greedy when others a fearful!

Brazilian indices are up.

Why are you so smug these past two days?

kys shill

nobody likes you and everybody here knows you're a brainlet. You're not a genius just because you gamble on UVXY all the time

To be fair I am bearish on the S&P. It's in the middle of correcting back to 2600

I'm bearish on tech in 2018 also. Looking to start moving out of it Q1. I own a lot of VOO and PYPL. Some AMD too.

Rest of my stocks are banking or emerging markets. Not sure how to stay diversified yet when I move out of tech.

When you mean tech stocks, do you also refer to the whole semi sector, AI and automation as well ?

BAC making me hard, I think we can get $30 today

Too bad about my SQ tho

is today a buy day for DNR? they look like they've hit their support (i think?)

All tech will be effected by the senate bill.
Mass exodus incoming.

No, I think AI and automation will take a hit short run but still perform. It also depends on the specific ETFs and what those are made up of - if they have a lot of companies that aren't mostly automation, then I'd be less likely to be holding those. Also specific stocks could do well through that, look at Amazon through the 08 correction.

I also remember in 07/08, despite being mostly just concerned with college and not the stock market, that the market kinda went sideways for a while before correcting.

My biggest concern with tech right now is that for a while tech was well liked, now it's becoming a bit of the bad guy. Tax evasion, impending monopolies, and simply being on top puts a big target on its back. I think it will be the 21st Century equivalent of the antitrust era, with tech giants vilified and monopolistic and destroying jobs. On the tax front, the EU is already hammering them. Politically, after the Russian-election clusterfuck, government might put some kind of requirement to reveal who is buying ads starting a chain of broader transparency. Maybe that won't happen next year, but the start of it will.

And tech is expensive right now, only half the gain in the S&P 500 since Trump’s election has come from higher earnings. The rest is from price/earnings growth.

This was a big block of text that doesnt address the alternative minimum tax for tech companies.

Can someone redpill me on what the fuck is happening to the tech sector now/next year?

All the old rich people are taking their money and putting it in financials/retail because "muh taxes"

next year maybe down probably up

over 20 years up more than you could imagine

I was trying to be generic (putting that under "tax evasion") rather than specific since I was already wordy, but, yeah that's a big one absolutely.

Read above posts, but, I think right now there was a pretty big selloff of people waiting to see how the tax reform goes, and transfer into financials/retail as said.

which means its great to buy now since old boomers are functionally retarded and can't see the future I guess

Thank you for your insight.

I am in BOTZ (for AI and automation) with 50% of its holdings in Japan and I believe most of them are really automation oriented.

I am also holding BAKA (semi) and this ETF is literally making me do what its name says. I may probably sell it.

1.60's. It got downgraded yesterday. Honestly I may get back in today, I'd wait till the end of the day to make the decision plus crude is down again.

Reminder that buying DXR and holding 2 more months will get you laid and cure your depression

dgaz is the best fucking stock ive ever played

such reliable dips and peaks. why the fuck are you not making easy money with dgaz?

>BAKA
I mean S M H

Because we aren't faggots. Dem spikes doee

>dgaz is the best fucking stock ive ever played
>dgaz
>stock

you must not have been playing for too long now imo

this shit is so goddamned volatile, i cant imagine anyone putting anything significant into this stock

pls tell me tech is recovering and this isn't just the dead cat meme

srra. 100% gains every 3 months.
next 3 years.

A stock is a type of security that signifies ownership in a corporation and represents a claim on part of the corporation's assets and earnings

The sell off will probably continue till the end of the week. It'll come back, the same people selling are buying on the dip

Maybe. I picked up a few tech shares during this little dip, but I don't plan to hold them for long.

I'd say pick a number where you sell off. You should have that for all your stocks. When it hits that, you sell. Might go up the next day, and you'll miss out on those gains, but that's what separates gamblers from investors.

and you think DGAZ is a stock?

what would you call it? is velocityshares not the company you are buying stock from?

3x leveraged products are generally for rubes

its an ETN

what company are you buying a part of when you buy it?

an etn of velocityshares. so by extension arent you putting your faith in velocityshares? is the thing you are buyig not representative of velocityshares llc? isnt putting monetary faith in a company stock?

i dont understand, are reliable peaks and supports lame or something? do you dummies like losing money and gambling on memes?

Getting too old for meme gambling. Bought a bunch of etfs/index trackers. Hello slow babby gainz.

NICE. Adding to my HIMX for swings.

You might like the BRZU game too.

its an inverse etn tracking gas bro... those reliable spikes aren't going to be reliable at some point.

You are having begginers luck on it. Some people trade those all the time, but they aren't stocks, they track a commodity

they seem to be reliable longer than they are unreliable. i dont call looking at reliable supports "beginners luck"

Lost so much in dwti and uwti back then. Fml. Anybody know some good stocks? Breaking even would be fking nice.

if you really want to understand them read the white papers on how they are actually structured, the decay will generally kill you

i'd recommend if you want to mess with that trash only daytrade never overnight

how long have you been playing those spikes?

Im in the green on SQ!

maybe I didnt fuck up falling for the dip meme

I want to buy, but my butt is afraid

yeah its kind of scary right now

i bought in on Friday and I was down like $400 yesterday on it

since about mid september

The timing would be right, but there is just so much uncertainty in the market atm.

Across the market though, the stocks that got hit the hardest all bounced back today. SO idk...

EKSO!!!

and how long have you been trading?

> they didn't buy the tech dip

I'm tempted to buy back but under an hour of market activity isn't enough for a clear picture. Maybe let's see what things are like on Monday.

>being down 12% on a large sum of portfolio that's tech
>being hesitant to buy more

Fuck off.

it probably won't last and will get rekt again tommorow that's why you make your 5% and gtfo

nigger so you were sitting there yesterday looking at something like MU being down 6% and your brain didn't go hmm.. rly makes me think or looking at TTWO being down fucking 9%

Get in on UGAZ. Natural gas hit the bottom of its range again. Hold for a couple days until we hit $9

Where are the 5% gains?

Hell yeah I did but there isn't enough trend for me personally to make a sound decision. No need to get all bent out of shape because people don't think the exact way you do breh.

I got MU, EA, TTWO, ATVI, AMAT and FNSR

I was too busy shopping for rope to look at my portfolio yesterday

FNKO buy this

Projected for $12

>FNKO
how do you know tho

Funkos are just another toy fad

since about mid september

like investing in pic related

You want to get in after the bull trap.
Lots of people will buy back in and people will sell at the new higher price.
People arent going to buy back in until the joint tax reform changes are hashed out.

But dem gainzzzzzz, look at the last month

Shouldn't we be watching companies that have had bad news? Like this GE company had some bad news, and now it's low. So couldn't we just buy after the bad news and wait for the good news to bump it so we can sell instead of buying after the good news, and then watching it go down after the hype wears off?

it talks about doing that exact same thing in intelligent investor.. have you read it?

crazy talk that could never work

I don't read. Did they make a movie?

> GE
> good news
wait till it breaches it's 15 dollar minimum price target

BLRX is rated for $3-4, thoughts?

still holding RAD from 1.99 HURRRRNNRNRNRHASDOPJFA

I don't want to buy some baby boomer meme stock

So far everyone that has bought the "dip" on that has gotten rekt, like that guy that was calling us pussies for not buying it back at the $18s

na, but you should read it sometime it gave me a different view of the market. I haven't finished it yet i just pick it up here and there and read a few pages whenever i have time.

Im sure they have an audio book

ya dun gottsa sells low now der boy

Hows that "10x as much debt as equity" stock treating ya, huh?

Some chad that bought the real dip likd a month ago gave you his bags :^)

good luck lol

Bought at 1.70, sold at 2.10 :^)

>"I was forced to confront a lot of sort of deeper questions about this company," says General Electric's new CEO John Flannery. "Why do we exist?"

LMAO

This. Bought when everyone on Veeky Forums was shilling it before it jumped, then sold when it stopped jumping

I was one of those shills, it had a great setup and I remember when it finally broke that 1.69 resistance, it was a huge rush to buy.

Hey I was the AMRS faggot newbie here that dumped some $ into AMRS.

I want to continue the dilution talk...

i wrote this yesterday night time.

>Yo, I am that dumb shit dude from earlier.

>I looked through the annual 2016 and looked >at the major risk factors, and looked at the >convertible shares. Honestly, this is getting so >confusing, you need to spend an entire day to >really grasp WTF is going on with their debt >financing.

>Overall, I went back to their quarterly >reporting, and they reported on the debt >financing.

>Many of it is actually paid back in cash, or >PIK. Only one debt instrument is convertible >to common shares.

>I am a Cad CPA, and I forgot quite a bit of my >accounting stuff, as I mainly do regulation >work.

>But they provide a diluted EPS, and it isn't far >off from the non-diluted.

>Hence, might be some dilution, but we won't >know for sure until maturity. and it doesn't >seem to be very significant.

>I would definitely monitor the year over year >common shares outstanding to see how >much dilution occurred.

>All in all, I think the business strategy for this >company is quite good. and i kind of liking it. I >wish I had more time digging into the >financials and reading it all, it is such a >complex company.

i was shilling it too. Some trades are just so fucking obvious and some reason people miss them and then buy after it already made its run

Since you're a CPA, could you give an analysis of AXTI's fundamentals?