Warhammer 40k General

Inquisitorial approved underpants™ edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
1d4chan.org/wiki/Love_Can_Bloom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for generals are stupid

Second for stay in your fucking lane then, faggot.

>there's literally no 40k threads on the board except for 3 generals and an adeptus retardes thread

>Ref_V7.pdf

Here is the updated link

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

We don't need 40,000 threads on warhammer that last about 10 posts.

I'm sure we need all these other dozens of random threads with 0-1 responses though, and questfags who refuse to use the quest board.

very nice

>and questfags who refuse to use the quest board.

Mods need to stop pandering to them and just force them to use the other board. There are third party websites that archive as well.

First for daemon players are everything 40k players should be, any insult to their characters are by asshurt tau players that had their riptides murdered.

>but muh CSM

Anyone have any games planned soon? Whats the armies and point values? Got any tactics for the match?

Me and a friend will be doing a 2.5k match testing out 30k tomorrow. He is going to be playing solar auxilia and I will be playing mechanicus.

>plays marines: the game
>picks the two non-marine factions

>plays marines: the game

Marines and friends:The game
ftfy*

I'm starting up my first 30k army (IF + Knights) list at 2500 points this week. what are you bringing with your mechanicus? have any pics? I secretly wish I could afford mechanicus but buying plastic makes me feel less guilty.

Wait. A Styrix can make it into 40k without Volkite if it uses the Rad gun.
>you will never shoot beams of radiation at filthy treacherous peasants, guardsmen, marines, or aliens

I'm teaming up with my friend's Sisters to fight a buddy's Marine collection at 2k. Still haven't decided what to bring myself (I have Knights, Marines like everyone else, Chaos and Eldar) but it'll be fun regardless.

I don't have much 30k models other then three thallax and two castellax I picked up for 30 bucks from a lot. Most of the army will just be proxy models from admech, necrons, and guard vehicles.

+ HQ +

Anacharis Scoria [Xanathite Abeyant]

+ Elites +

Tech-Priest Auxillia [2x Flamer, 5x Rotor Cannon, 7x Servo-automata]
··Adept [Cortex Controller, Cyber-familiar, Enginseer, Magos Auxilia]
··Adept [Nuncio-vox, Reductor, Volkite Charger]
··Triaros Armoured Conveyor [Blessed Autosimulacra, Extra Armour, Hunter-killer Missile]

+ Troops +

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple [Enhanced Targeting Array]
··Castellax class Battle-automata [Darkfire Cannon, Two Power Blades]
··Castellax class Battle-automata [Darkfire Cannon, Siege Wrecker]

Thallax Cohort [Ferrox, 9x Heavy Chainblade, Melta bombs, Phase Plasma-fusil, 2x Photon Thruster, 9x Thallax, Triaros Armoured Conveyor]

+ Fast Attack +

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple [Bio-corrosive ammunition, Enhanced Targeting Array, Frag Grenades, 5x Vorax]

+ Heavy Support +

Thanatar-Calix Class Siege-Automata [Enhanced Targeting Array, Paragon of Metal]

+ Legion +

Legio [Taghmata Omnissiah]

Warhammer is warhammer, no need to be so anal about it.

they're more likely to get actually helpful answers there, the only one being anal is you

oh man. Scoria is to Primarchs what LeBron is to Steph Curry.

What aspect warrior should I get /w40kg/?

You should get Banshees.

3rd to 7th guy again. Digging the idea of blob platoon guard backed by arty. When taking regular infantry squads is it worth it to take anything BUT flamer for the special weapon? I hate the low range but BS3 seems like a waste for anything else. Should I mass my one special weapon per squad or put one of each in the two 20 man blobs Im planning on? Also how do people feel about Heavy Weapon teams? Again BS3 seems chump but I feel like Heavy Bolters or Missile Launchers could mitigate that.

Knights and Sisters work great together

Not asking for answers, just trying to spark talk.

2nd that. Be hardcore. If not though Scorpions.

>questfags who refuse to use the quest board.

I dont understand why they dont want to use the quest board. And if you go in one of their threads and ask them that question, you get a 3 day ban. Happened to me, and another user in a recent /40kg/ said it happened to him too. I dont get it.

Really? I just picked an HQ at random.

You randomly selected the most OP character in the game.

1850 tournament at the FLGS Saturday.

My list is Eldar and DE. I'm bring a wraithknight and scat bikes as well as reaver jetbikes. Should be fun.

Lists I'm watching for are my buddy's SW(wulfen are strong) and a dudes Dark Angel Ravenwing. Also, there are going to be folks I've never played showing up so I'm stoked for it.

Hmm, I'll give them a go and see how it works out, though since he and I split the points equally I'll have two at most. I suppose I'll throw in some Inquisitorial shit and call it a list. Cheers user.

What is the proof chicken meme?

I honestly have no goddamn idea, and I've been browsing Veeky Forums, /v/, /k/, /pol/, and Veeky Forums daily for years now

It bothers me that I am not fully educated in the lieu of this mysterious spicy meme

Should I replace him with one of the other named characters?

As far as I know it's just /pol/shit, and is only spammed here by faggots because of one time they and Carnac shit up an entire thread being retarded together.

its actually a rooster. It comes from russia from the Ukrainian takeover. Media was telling lies about the event so the urban youth were going around spraypainting roosters with the word proof underneath.

In russia the term rooster is our equivalent to faggot so bascially, chicken+proof= "Where's the proof, faggot."

Does anyone know when FW is going to release a Lion El'jonson miniature? I want to own the most badass primarch that isn't a drunken space viking mutant.

Let's make WHFB stuff here too then huh retard? If you're going to have retarded generals then at least use them, especially when it's so ironic that just earlier some faggot was talking about how generals were better than having actual threads, yet you morons can't even use the generals properly.

Good to know there are some slavs who aren't swallowing Putin's cock so hard they're shitting it back out again, but that's not really Veeky Forums related. What's the proof rooster doing in our OP images?

Sci-fi =/= fantasy

GW retconned fantasy being the same universe long ago user-kun.

Flamers feel like the best option unless you want to toss 24" grenades, I normally don't spend much on upgrades for standard blob infantry. I'd rather give special weapons to Veterans, since they're basically BS4 special weapon squads. Using psykers (Primaris or pic related) to twin-link your heavy weapons can help deal with BS3. I personally keep Lasguns separate from my heavy weapons so I use HWS over teams attached to squads so they can shoot other more important things.

I'm riding on hope I can get decent rolls with Divination and orders to make the most out of IG platoons, since I can't just spend points to upgrade units to BS4.

Forcing an unfunny and non spicy meme makes YOU the faggot user

HH and 40k are closely related enough

>tfw your plasma dev squad wipes out an entire enemy tac squad in one round of shooting

>Forcing an unfunny and non spicy meme makes YOU the faggot user
>post picture of angry marines

What's next, lamenters being a non-meme army?

>tfw I really enjoy the Lamenters
>tfw any discussion about them will always be ruined by fanboys and edgelords

Post one of your models or some manz, /40kg/.
My first attempt an an HoR Kill Team so far. Still to paint - 6 more Stormtroopers w/specials and a Sentinel, then it's complete.

Not really. In Liber Chaotica, a fantasy scholar has visions of the 40K universe. He sees the War in Heaven and witnesses Abaddon's Black Crusades.

Also one of the Khornate fantasy weapons shown in the book is a bloody Chainsword.

Furthermore, the End Times has plenty of 40K easter eggs. Even before that a Draigo short story has him seeing the Warhammer world.

Further-furthermore, AoS reconfirms the existence of the warhammer multiverse (first mentioned in WHFB 6th ED). While the setting was forming, Archaon invaded and destroyed universes as a warm up.

Basically a shiter came around and started wanking off the tau and it started a small flame war between some anons and Carnac, the name fag.

Basically, the flames got dumped a bunch of gasoline when Carnac made some clames about the fluff that some people didn't believe.

Thats when slavposter happened.
He started spamming carnac with pictures of ms paint roosters asking for proofs and carnac kept only referencing books without actually giving any solid sources. Then, some other anons got in on the slavposting and started spamming theads with roosters asking for proof from carnac and carnac continues to wank off the tau.

In the end, the rooster was added to the general image some time shorty after and had its own little niche carved into 40k.

Honestly, I don't get why people don't like it. I see it as a reminder that if you are going to make a claim, you better have evidence.

Then again, most faggots on here just do the tumblr thing now where instead of focusing on the problem, they just shit on eachother and creating strawmen user posts to an armies playerbase look like shit.

Nah you're good.

Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Bandwagons have only so many seats before the wagon starts breaking down.

Nice, those look awesome. Very clean, and I like the simple, but straightforward bases. Working on my second dreadknight this week.

Chickenposters are responsible for just as much spam as Carnac at this point. The fucking general image has been a point of contention ever since it was added to the point where we are now using different images in threads that aren't this one.

Even back then, the ebin chickenspam was just as bad as Carnac's faggotry, because the lot of you are just retards shitposting instead of having actual discussions.

I now find out after an hour that EpicRoster is a piece of shit and I have no way of sharing my list with you guys for feedback. I cant highlight anything on here or share it in any meaningful way. Im afraid to save it too since I lost the whole list that way last time. Is there a half decent free web based builder to use thats not Battlescribe?

Where should someone who knows little about Warhammer start with regards to the novels?

Damn those guys look great

>make a variant game just for marinefags
>start adding non-marine factions before all of the marine factions are implemented
>the non-marine factions are hilariously overpowered compared to the marine factions

>dem scions
>dem towel heads
Allot ah snackba indeed

>carnac kept only referencing books without actually giving any solid sources.

You history rewriting bastard.

I copypasted text from the books. I screencapped from the books and gave page numbers. You know what you shitposters said? "LAWL BIASED SOURCES. POST PROOFS". Don't pretend to have the high ground. Don't pretend that roaster is about anything but shitposting. It's not about demanding proofs as you say it's just about being spammed by shitposters.

Thanks man. Your work is pretty clean and crisp, I really like it. A+ on the bases too. It would be a pleasure to play vs. your models.

Thanks, but god damn, those sixes quints. Now my GK have to play you.

why are you still here? Nobody likes you.

That's for proving my point for me.

Anyone got a leak of that new Dark Eldar getting started formation.
I kind of want to buy it.

I don't get it. Are you too stupid to just type it out? What's your issue with Battlescribe?

>Archaon can now lay waste whole universes easily
>Shitmar and his merry band of useless chucklefucks from the old world are apparently holding their own against him
This is some hilariously bad writing.

>A bunch of gods can hold their own versus a single god.

>this is ridiculous.

I don't care if you don't like me. I have a duty here to up hold.

And I don't frequent /40/ generals. Have long has it been since an interesting release? /Aos/ is much more comfier. However, when I rarely decide to click and check what's going on in these threads, I find you guys talking about meh! It's uncanny. Everytime. You guys starved of topics that you just have to talk about chickens and little old me.

Avatar of Cocaine: +1 Initiative to formation models within 12" of the Archon.

Damn, is Scionbro also SuperSatan?

>I have a duty here to up hold

Sounding dangerously like Barneyfag here. You gonna start reverse-image-searching things that pop up on your RSS feed to see if there are chickens?

>making an army composed of gods
>thinking customers will connect with this, and become invested

Super bad writing indeed.

You

what this guy said. The Mortal Realms span realities and within lays the key to final defeat Chaos or so the Slaan believe. Anyways, they are not actually holding him off. He BTFO all of them in his invasion and defeated the Pantheon of Order and scattered them to the eight winds. Then Chaos being Chaos, decided to turn on itself instead of finishing off what they started giving the good guys a tiny breathing room to reorganize.

People connect to Space Marine who are suppose to be demigods.

you need to provide the facts which you never gave. Your sources were bad.

What facts?

Space Marines arent 'supposed to be demi-gods'. Humans in the fiction refer to them that way, but only to get a point across. They dont actually believe they are deities.

Except Kaldor Draigo helped elves get through the garden of Nurgle in ET: Glottkin and the Warp is the same Realm of Chaos as Fantasy, you fucking retard.

BL Fanfiction doesn't count as canon.

eldar gfs: plausible?

People in the Imperium practically worship them and fall to their knees in awe and respect whenever they see them. They are the bloody Angels of the Emperor, the God of Mankind. That's ignoring the fact that they literally have the blood of LIVING GODS (primarchs) in their bodies.

The creation of space marines and their sires is marriage of science and magic.

And this, is why you don't bring up the fucking rooster in this general full of autists.

>Draigo helped Elves in the Garden of Nurgle
Just shut the fuck up. clearly you are the retard here.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Love_Can_Bloom
confirmed

Shoo, retard, shoo.

Well I disagree with your literal interpretations, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it would be pointless to argue with you.

No, they will be worst wives. 400 year arguments after you have died, will offer no emotional reciprocation, will expect you to do nothing less then perfection, constant judging for everything that you do, secrets near impossible to hide, will constantly think herself better then you, will complain that your living space is horrible and wish she was back on a craftworld, will probably leave you for some corsair riding a Har'lay Q'uin Davi'dison, jet chopper

I love playing against my friend who is literally the only daemon player I've ever met. Every other army that's more than a year old I've met one or two players. But him, he's the black sheep. He loves playing cheesy, sure, but he still brings bloodletting when daemonettes would do him better. He brings nurglings and doesn't just objective camp with them. But when competitive play is mentioned, he'll go full screamerstar and a daemon knight of tzeentch within range of a grimorie and cursed earth. He also plays sisters and 30k word bearers. Overall he's a cool guy.

Not him but....

A silvered giant knight who is a legend in the warp appears out of nowhere to help some dudes in the Realm of Chaos. Who could this be?

A few years back, Draigo sees a world that's suspiciously similar to the warhammer world while in the Realm of Chaos and decides to check it out.

Sometimes I think people pick fights just to keep threads from sliding.

Its probably just a silver Sigmar who's gold leaf got scraped off.

Also, in the warp there are some places which aren't complete hell landscapes. There was a comic where some spacemarines go on a dante's inferno type of quest.

Any further news on the Tau v Mechanicus/Red Scorpions Imperial armor? Or when it's coming out, anyway, I never payed attention to those past Siege of Vraks.

>Its probably just a silver Sigmar who's gold leaf got scraped off.

At that point of time Sigmar was inhabiting the corpse of Karl Franz.

>There was a comic where some spacemarines go on a dante's inferno type of quest.

You mean the Blood Quest comic.

It wasn't the warp, it was a daemon world.

no

Later this year, think Q3/4. Featuring updated rules for Imperial Titans, 30k Mechanicum in 40k and Culln in a Leviathan if you care at all.

This is how /Halo General/ stays alive. Though I do not think that this thread is the same case.

>I see an old world beyond the next horizon – a world that likely never was, where sorcery blew in the very winds and a self-made god-king was all that stood against the Ruinous Powers.

>Mayhap I would find the answer there, if I could find it at all.

-Advent-Draigo (short story)

Here is the bit from the short story.

"where sorcery blew in the very winds" = Winds of Magic/Chaos that flow through the Warhammer world.

"self-made god-king was all that stood against the Ruinous Powers" = Sigmar probably during the End Times or the Time of Legend.

"Mayhap I would find the answer there, if I could find it at all" = I am going make a cameo there and be awesome.