EMN Hype/Cynicism Thread

>ITT we speculate about tomorrow's spoilers for Eldritch Moon and how the set will be amazing or fucking awful

What mechanics will return?
What do you think the new mechanics will be like?
Will Maro make a new "mistake" card?
Are Marit Lagers going to die now?

etc etc etc ecttcet

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises-2016-06-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What mechanics will return?
Madness, Investigate, maybe some new keywords for enemy dual tribes
>What do you think the new mechanics will be like?
Mediocre except for that one new one that's amazing but Maro will feel is a personal failure
>Will Maro make a new "mistake" card?
Magic was a mistake
>Are Phyrexiafags going to die now?
FTFY and also no, they're gonna cry because muh compleation

Madness will return with out question, as much as I loved Clue tokens, I am afraid they will not return, since the "mystery" is solved in this set. I do hope we have fish horror as a new sub type, like corrupted humans turn into Fish Horror. (This is me hoping it's not Emrashit)
I am hoping for Madness to get a buff, but I agree with you 100%
I think the market speculation will treat it that way, but the only Mistake is Emracool.
>Are Phyrexiafags going to die now?
I agree, the Phyrexia was 100% pants on head retarded.

What time is it starting?

10PM Central Time, knowing Maro, we are getting only one card revealed

Thalia, that is low cost (2-3 CMC) and benefits a creature heavy deck, am really cool with her being an ok card and not a legacy staple. It would be cool for her to be a flip card, but I have no idea what her flip effect would be?

Hope emrakul remains colorless, I need her to run my ulamog edh

magic is deeeeeeeaaaddddd

Intimidate maybe? It was in original Innistrad... It'd be too big to ask for Shroud, but mer...
New? Fucked if I know, I'd love something to help the ol' Tribal decks out. Vamps kinda got stunted and Zombies could see resurgence to Tier 1 maybe... Not sure. :|
Bahaha obviously.
>Are Marit Lagers going to die now?
I'd love Marit to come back desu... But we all know it's Emrakul... The Planeswalker Eldrazi... ohh boy...

Eldrazi can natrually planeswalk, since they're native to the place between planes.
Complaining about an eldrazi showing up on a different plane is like complaining that a frog can cross a river

Nay a complaint. I was just hoping to see a new face for EMN, then Emrakul as the new walker. That's all. DESU my magic hardon returned when I heard of Kaladesh as the new next block. Very much looking forward to Science: The Gathering.

So we can basically confirm Nahiri the Harbinger is using the clues and drown yard temple to harbring Emracool to the Innastrad party yes?

Also Nahiri a qt

>phyrexia fags are pants-on-head retarded
>but I'm not even though I didn't see emrakul coming the moment the name "shadows over innistrad" was leaked

Holy shit kys

Why? You said yourself you have Ulamog

What we need instead is 5-color devoid emrakul to make a deck with the many colored eldrazi cards

This. Would be amazing for EDH too.

>"phyrexia was retarded"
>"but muh marit shit wasn't because I'm a mongoloid who couldn't see Emrakul coming"

Kill yourself retard.

Nahri will spike over $100 and the new emrakul will be a $30 card with hype that eventually subsides, much like the new kozilek

The new Liliana will be a staple for years to come.

There will be some broken ass demon with hard casting conditions that can get cheated out early.

A lot of artifact hate.

MTG Salvation has this moon looking thing as the set symbol for EMN. How long has that symbol been there? Is that just a placeholder, or did they find out early? I swear to god if the symbol turns out to just be a little moon after all this secrecy and buildup I'm going to blow a gasket.

Eldrazi are not Planeswalkers.

It hasn't been there for long, that much I'm sure of.

Expansion symbol was something I was looking forward because WOTC is never this secretive with symbols (we already know Kaladesh's and Aether Revolt's).

I'll be incredibly butthurt if it ends up being a silly little moon.

Madness, Delirium, transform.

There's been word of new mechanics called Emerge, Bloodline, Heirloom and some mechanic that cares about the number of copies of the card in the 'yard. We'll have to wait and see.

Oh, definitely.

>Are Marit Lagers going to die now?
Never ever.

From the previous thread, what do you guys think?

The bloodline mechanic sounds shitty enough to be real

If that's true, I hope Emerge spells aren't overcosted just to force you to use it

I would have believed it if it exiled a creature card with the same type. As it is it sounds like bogus.

That's just Kamigawa offering stuff.

Though it wouldn't be the first time they renamed an old mechanic.

>as you cast this spell

What if a sorcery or instant has bloodline? How will it share a creature type?

>HEIRLOOM

if it's real, it will have to do with equipments, mark my fucking words

The new Kozilek sees Vintage play, and is ridiculously effective there.

No shit sherlock

Oh, does it? I knew the card advantage and countering would find a home

Which deck uses it?

Better than Megamorph.

The guy who used it against me earlier was playing Vault Key. Even if you Force it, it still draws 5-7 cards. Unrelated, I think it will be great in my Sisay EDH deck as a counter lock.

That's pretty shit desu.

god damn it

What
the
FUCK

IT'S SHIT

Emrakul > Newrakul

The promised End is a cool name, tho.

That better be a B/W Demon Angel Horror

>Set symbol is a squid

Why not a moon with tendrils?

good lord where is all this sweet art coming from?

>doesn't keep up with lore articles
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises-2016-06-20

>Gisela is dead, fused with Bruna.

FUCK EVERYTHING. GODDAMNIT WHY CAN I NOT HAVE NICE THINGS?!

I want to see this stupid game burn and die once and for all

>doesn't know an article released on monday instead of wednesday
eh

It's Gisela and Bruna.

This is horrible. I truly hate this with all of my being.

and I'm still fucking salty about it. They had to kill Avaycn, but they had to kill my Damage Doubling Angel Waifu.

But user, your waifus are better now. Just look at how close they've become. Join them, user.

more like B/U/W/R

So how come Emrakul is still around anyways? Did the Jacetice League have their hands full with Kozilek and Ulamog, or did they just not know that it was on Innistrad?

>Wanting to join the fucktoy of the literal flying spagetti monster.

I'm going to ensure I hit that fucking Promised End card with all the burn spells I have. She will burn for costing the world one of my favorite angels.

Only one that left the plane. Well Kozilek might have too, he didn't appear until Bobby hardcasted Kozilek.

No one knew where Emakrul was because you have to scour all the planes

>Protection from Instants
For literally what purpose? Why not, say, Hexproof?

Pretty funny that WotC's focus and hype on the story-line is basically avengers + lovecraft copypaste written for 15 year kids with a pinch of SJW stuff thrown around. Every block has a random minority who's entire character is based upon his/her minority/deficit/somethingsomething and the character is otherwise flat as a cardboard just like the other characters in the story they take such high pride on.

All of the planes? Seriously?
Emrakul could have been in Rath or the fucking Arabian Knights plane?

>t. assmad underage "m-muh marit shit" fag

Hahahah.

They killed off my favorite Angel (Bruna) and my favorite Boros commander. I am beyond shocked

>We are Emrakul. All are Emrak— "Gah! No." Jace pushed the swirling words from his mind with a stern swipe. "And stay out."

Uuugghhh.

The moon is a giant helavault and Tamiyo is gonna figure out how to open it. She's gonna release what was in there before which will probably be some kind of avacyn 1.0. That will help fight off whatever and then they'll trap emrakul in the moon. Calling it.

Dunno, I don't really care about the story, but I still find it pretty bad in many aspects and like to rip on it as WotC takes such pride on their storytelling and it's just mediocre garbage. It's not important to me that the 13 mana mythic is emrakul, marit lage or something else if it's a good card.

It's annoying that Jace can ward out the Eldrazi influence, yes, but it's almost funny how he keeps fucking walking into it again and again because he's literally too ADD to live. You'd think a blue mage trained by a sphinx would have a more disciplined mind.

Lovecraftian horrors tend to be better at fucking with minds than Sphinxes are at warding them.
As for Jace's ability to resist Emrakul? If any Planeswalker could do it, it'd be the one whose whole schtick is mind and mind accessories.

a blasphemous act doesn't stop the promised end.

is there a facebook page or hashtag or something to fire kimberly kreines? has she written anything actually good?

Emerge's effect already exists

It quite clearly does senpai.

It is too scary. I can't stand the creepy shit. I like Monster Mash, but horrific flesh horses aren't my bag.

So it can't have a Tragic Slip.

>Hal and Alena thrown in there to be strong lesbians
Are they gonna get cards or what?

And despite Jace being the best of the best about mind magic, he's still almost getting mindraped by Emrakul.

That's... oddly specific.

I'm not even talking about their skill at entering his mind. He's fine as long as he closes his mind and doesn't lose focus, but he keeps letting his attention drift and then the influence is back. I was saying that Jace seems like the last person who would be suffering death by ADD.

Hexproof stops slip.

So what do you think of what you've seen so far? Yea or neigh?

protection stops damage.

Yea.
I actually really like the art.

Definetely yeah.

Protection from instants won't stop damage from sorceries. Desuuuu.

>sorcery
oh, right, duh.

>more poorly apeing Lovecraft
>angels get constantly Worf'd to show how serious the new threat is
>SJW agenda in plain sight
>pushed cards spike to $50+
>throw mechanics onto shit and overcost it, that'll make fun cards
>Thalia will be overcosted by 1-2 for what she does and will be used as a vehicle to push a new mechanic
>there will be no consequences for Nahiri
>Liliana will come off as an awesome reluctant heroine somehow
These are my expectations for the set.

I like all the weird horror shit. I hate Emmy and the story in general.

>Every block has a random minority who's entire character is based upon his/her minority/deficit/somethingsomething and the character is otherwise flat as a cardboard

Refresh my memory, which character was that in the last couple blocks?

>Watches the access magic show thing
God, Mark Rosewater sounds so fucking autistic. What the actual fuuuuuuuck, this guy is designing sets? Just kill me.

Didn't know Eye of Ugin caused such an amount of buttmad before it got banned.

Alesha in Khans

Not sure about Zendikar

Tazri was black woman I think

>cards cost money
>pushing mechanics
>story is not that great

Have you considered that maybe you don't like Magic: The Gathering?

Also what's the SJW nonsense I keep hearing about?

>Liliana will come off as an awesome reluctant heroine somehow
this is honestly the one thing they are doing for 100% certain, on purpose and makes me the most mad. how do you cast an unrepentant, irredeemable bitch as a heroine? fuck you wizards.

lesbians on muh innistrad.

Narset in Khans (Autism)
Alesha in Khans (Trans)
General Tazri (strong independent woman who is passed up for promotions in favor of men)