PATHFINDER GENERAL /pfg/

PATHFINDER GENERAL /pfg/

PRETTY FUCKING PRINCESS EDITION: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A NOBLE PC OR NPC?

WHEN ASKING FOR BUILD ADVICE, REMEMBER TO SPECIFY IF 3PP IS ALLOWED

UNIFIED /pfg/ LINK REPOSITORY: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

PLEASE SEARCH FOR UNERRATA'D CONTENT HERE:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

OLD THREAD:

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/
docs.google.com/document/d/14DZ9-pXlB340Y-iEjPERaX0yFG6llTUm66-rIGnH5mM/edit?usp=sharing
sendspace.com/file/qb3cft
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/warp-metal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Experiences not found.

What should my party of 6 lvl 8 doods fight while in a swamp?

>PRETTY FUCKING PRINCESS EDITION: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A NOBLE PC OR NPC?

Literally the most banned backstory ever because every motherfucker who does it just wants to sneak in benefits to their PC.

Fuck everyone who does this.

Literally none. Every single noble NPC I've encountered has just been a face to give a quest, and every noble PC I've played with has used it as an excuse to be a raging douche.

You wanna know what the benefits for being a princess are in Pathfinder?

>You gain a +1 trait bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks, and one of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.

Reposting from dead thread: Anybody played/DM'ed Hell's Rebels that can offer advice on what classes would probably be most fun to play? With all the intrigue I can imagine skillmonkeys having a good place, but I wouldn't want to feel shit in combat.

Bard has crossed my mind a few times.

My best experience with a noble PC was in Dark Heresy.

My best experience with a noble NPC has been the ArchBaron Fex in Hell's Vengeance. Dude's pretty chill.

Every shitlord who does this tries to sneak in "story benefits" into their character.

I'm currently running a counterfeit blood beguiler. While he was actually born on the streets, he plays a prince on TV.

/pfg/ if I'm going to be pretty much the entire front-line in a 4-person party, what's a better option: Synthesist Summoner or Melee (possibly Mounted) Hunter?

Also it's 15 point buy so 'Barbarian' isn't a great option.

A Black Dragon that harasses them constantly while they're in the swamp but never gives them a fair fight. If you play it right, the Dragon can become more of an environmental hazard than an enemy

15pb? Synth, definitely, since it obviates the need to actually put any points into your physical stats. Don't dump Con, though.

>PRETTY FUCKING PRINCESS EDITION::WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A NOBLE PC OR NPC?

Becoming the pretty fucking princess.
Final design still pending.

Being the princess is not always as great as it's cracked up to be. Especially when your parents die and it's up to you to make the hard decisions.

We married a crazy elven princess to our dwarf, without him finding out until midway through the ceremony.

Noblesse oblige, user.

Princess. My rogue character touched the princess, pickpocketting her. He was caught and thrown into the prison. He ended up being picked to fight in the arena. He won three fights before getting his left arm cut off. He was sent to the wizard's tower as a research slave and was transmuted into a half lizard half man thing. Was sent back to arena and managed to win two more fights, before he was purchased as a home guard for a city nobleman. This led him to frequent parties, initially on display for being an oddity, but later as a bodyguard. He was given to an adventuring group as a gift for their hard work in saving the princess (the same one from before, before the character entered play). Since, the princess has gotten in trouble again, and the party now serves as her personal guard.

Does anyone have the page of the Magic Tactics Toolbox with the Bloodline Mutations? Particularly Blooded Havok?

I like it. I'm worried about throwing dragons at the party head on, but as an asshole bugging the group, it works.

It can stay underwater indefinitely, and it's definitely smart enough not to ever show itself.

It can just spam Summon Swarms and maybe a nice acid breath every once in a while.

Mage-Hating Warblade (I did the storytime awhile back) was part of a mercenary company in royal employ because of a war with the drow. Generally positive experiences with the crown, but that was because he got tongue-tied and shy around his own king.

The elven king, on the other hand...

(Plus, y'know, the princess in pic related but I've never actually /played/ her.)

One warning: Do NOT have the plot rely on that dragon necessarily getting away.

He may have intended to piss them off, but doing so is never wise.

Not only might you find yourself blindsided by the tactics players tend only to be capable of developing once tossed over the enrage-cliff, but you might even find the dragon used against their enemies before you realize it, turned against itself...

... or turned into a bonus above and beyond their current expected wealth.

Because there's always someone to go "okay, well, in that case I'll just use the Oxygen Destroyer"
>The what?
>It'll suck the moisture right out his swamp when we ignite the atmosphere over the continent
>Don't worry we prepped some scrolls so it won't hurt us

Garetthhhh Is the book going to be on Gplay books?

Since user is in love with the princess today, I banged this out for you in like ten seconds. It's super basic but it's a set of rules to refer to. I know you guys can do better.

What stats should I focus on if I'm playing a Skald?

Strength, Con, and just enough Charisma to keep your spells going

Is Steelforge in the trove yet?

Have you tried looking

Damn, your layout work is like a dozen times better than DDS'. You should see if they want to hire you.

Royal is a low tier 3 shit class.

Is that like

A template or something there?

Cuz that's slick.

>low tier 3
>shit
???

Ahaha no man it's just a web tool

The fact that good layout is trivial to achieve just makes them all the more unforgivable

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/

Uses a modified markdown

Meant for 5e but uh who gives a shit it looks nice

Thus far we have the following:
>drop massive stone block on the Rakshasa's palace
>two PCs are doing a performance atop the block, performing what we now refer to as "Iron Dragon's Flight"
>these two PCs are the distraction, they stay behind while the other three run in
>Bull headed Rajadhiraja appears and challenges the two PCs (mine and a friend's character's)
>wields vorpal hammer & has this strange incorporeal fire titan with him
>we fight him, the titan (which ends up cutting in half several more parts of the palace during the fight)
>rest of the party follows trail of mind controlled dwarves (we're in the dwarven capital taken over by Rakshasa)
>find furnace dwarves are walking into
>turns out dwarves sacrificing themselves
>other PCs stops to try and stop it, Snake headed Rajadhiraja comes out, he starts fighting it
>other two players continue deeper to try and find artifact lantern the Rakshasa use to infinitely respawn
>one PC has to stop as Spider headed Rajadhiraja appears
>last PC, a goblin dwarfaboo has to go alone to the artifact while the rest of the party is locked in combat with demi-gods and things

It's a hell of a ride, my character is about to do the nuclear option and use the Monkey's Paw if he thinks it is the only option.

Christ, this is neat as fuck.

Hey Gareth ya Jabroni let me write for DSP. I swear it'll make money. 100%, trust me brotha.

Oh shit, I love the homebrewery! The 5e homebrew forum I visit basically requires you to use it these days, because they got sick of ugly plaintext and amateur layouts.

When I say "requires", I mean "they no longer accept 'But I'm just a hobbyist!' as a reason for an ugly layout, and will heartily dock the shit out of your points if your page doesn't look nice", so you're welcome to do it however you like, but if you're not real confident in your layout skills, you're better off just using the brewery.

I'm a fan.

>vorpal hammer
Only slashing weapons can be vorpal.

Yes, and I didn't find it, but also I'm terrible at navigating MEGA, so I figure it's possible it's totally there and I just missed it.

So, again, do we have it?

I PLAYED A PRETTY PRINCESS ONCE. SHE WAS A SORCERESS AND GOOD TIMES WERE HAD BY ALL, ESPECIALLY ME AS I CAN ONLY GET OFF BY DROPPING FISTFULLS OF D6S ON THE TABLE AND ADDING THEM UP WHICH SHE WAS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF DOING.

The nobility thing mostly came up in the form of bluff checks. The GM liked to do an intrigue of the week to keep things above ground as interesting as the things below it, so her and the group's fighter developed a "good noble, bad noble" strategy to lie and intimidate people into doing what they wanted.

Later in the game we encountered an artifact that gave her an ungodly bonus to knowledge (tactics) rolls. By the time she had parlayed her earnings into a military to conquer the world with however, her extensive knowledge of military strategy told her that it would be easier to fireball her enemies personally than to conquer them the hard way.

He gave it vorpal and called it "Crushing", like Vox that Maphistal has except requiring a 20 instead of just a crit.

>except requiring a 20 instead of just a crit
That is how vorpal works, though.

Yes, Maphistal's weapon has Crushing which is like SUPER vorpal.

I believe the 'instead of' was in reference to that special weapon, not Vorpal.

A character in a campaign I'm in is a minor noble. He was given the option under the condition that the entirety of his noble house was destroyed because of a rival noble.

Gives both me and that character a reason for why we want to build up an army and go apeshit.

What do we say when we want something, user?

I actually spit my drink. Holy shit, that's hilarious.

...Was there a submission somewhere in there?

I. Have no idea, lemme ask the boss.

That's Yuru Yuri isn't it. Shame on you

Finesse weapons or weapon finesse /pfg/?

Not the same user, but Gareth, thoughts on this?
docs.google.com/document/d/14DZ9-pXlB340Y-iEjPERaX0yFG6llTUm66-rIGnH5mM/edit?usp=sharing

>What do we say when we want something, user?

And why would I want it?

I mean, when someone asks if something is available, it's.. usually because they want it?

Only if there is no charge for it.

Critiques please

Weapon Finesse (Combat Proficiency)

Choose one weapon group from the following: light blades, close weapons, and natural weapons.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls.
Upon reaching base attack bonus +3, you may add your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to damage rolls.

Special: You can gain this proficiency as a feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new weapon group.

Martial* classes begin play with this Proficiency and need not have the prerequisite normally required. This Proficiency stacks with Finesse Training and Weapon Training. A full caster may purchase this Proficiency as a feat.

*martial includes full BAB classes as well as martial partial casting classes (ie, hunter, magus, inquisitor etc)

Finesse

With a finesse weapon you may use your Dex modifier instead of your Str modifier to attack rolls.
A finesse weapon is from the light blade, natural and close weapon groups.

Which Paizo class would pic related be?
Shaman? Druid? Cleric? Oracle?

leaning toward Lore Shaman atm.

This does not actually apply to a weapon group. The way you have it, it just gives you Dex to hit/damage for everything.

bard

Any class able to afford 50 gp worth of fancy clothes. So all of them.

Why would he be a bard though? Daoist magic come from Nature/Harmony right?

Because he's a hunk with an instrument. Though otherwise is correct, they could be any class.

Sorry user, from now on, all books will require a monthly contribution to Qanon's Patreon. Don't look at me, I don't make the rules.

Here is Steelforge: Book I:
sendspace.com/file/qb3cft

Does patreon accept sylph pictures now?

Assuming you want Dynasty Warriors Zhuge Liang, and not his historical counterpart...

I feel like a Spherecaster of some kind would do the job rightly. Plus, a Spheres Ritual takes a while to cast, which matches the long-ass time he takes at Chi Bi.

Maybe just Incanter? Or go middle of the road and say Hedgewitch.

Could roll with the Combat and Spiritualism traditions, which I feel fits him fairly nicely. He's referred to the spirits at least once, if I recall.

Why would it be free for 6 lvl casters but not rogues and ninjas?
What about bards?

Yup. Dynasty Warrior version. I want to slap shit with fan and shoot lightning and stuff....

Too bad my table only allow Paizo content, so that leave me with only little choice..

Yeah but I hear the exchange rate is pretty bad

On a brief skim: kind of a letdown actually. I was pretty excited, but book 1 managed to consist of mostly the items I don't care about, save gravity slimes and warsong instruments.

so /pfg/ I'm going to be going into a PF game, and according to the DM, this is the current group:
>Summoner
saw him building his character, really focused on spells that "summon" things, like black tentacles, or wall spells in addition to the normal monsters
>Cleric
(only one I asked about directly, apprently more of a war cleric, but still a healer)
>slayer
going to be played as a a rogue, AFAIK
>ranger
pretty sure it's a drizzt clone, just normal elf instead of drow.
Twin swords, big cat animal companion, the works.
>Swash
literally know nothing about the class/character

And myself, as inquisitor.
Any idea what type of deal I'm getting into? I don't know enough about these classes to know if it's a balanced party, or if we're too much towards "kill"
"kill everything, and as fast as possible"

Maybe Magus might be your best bet then?

And if I recall, War-fans are in pathfinder. Might be exotic though.

Slayer, Ranger and Inquisitor have enough skills to do stuff other than kill.

> spell called warp metal
> target : wooden object

SASAUGE PAIZO

But... there is no Warp Metal spell?

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/warp-metal

Fighting fan is the item. They're from Ultimate Combat because Eastern weapons. Exotic, Light, 1d4 (medium) damage w/ 3x crit, Distraction and Monk qualities. Has no listed weight.

Don't ask me why I know this without looking at the book.

so i've been invited to a cheese grinder and it has been ok'd to use Brew fleshcraft poison.

What is the biggest "i win" set up with this feat? (lvl 10 wizard btw)

Feat for relavence

Prerequisites: Caster level 10th, 5 or more ranks in Craft (alchemy).

Benefit: You can create a fleshcrafting poison capable of mimicking one monster ability. Brewing a poison takes 1 day. When you create a fleshcrafting poison, you set the caster level, which can be no higher than your own level. The base price of a temporary fleshcrafting poison is its caster level × the CR of the creature used in the fleshcrafting × 50 gp. To brew a poison, you must use up raw materials costing 1/2 this base price.

The base price of a permanent fleshcrafting poison is its caster level × the CR of the creature used in the fleshcrafting × 1000 gp. To brew a poison, you must use up raw materials costing 1/2 this base price.

Note: If the fleshcrafting is an original creation, use the nearest equivalent monster that possesses a similar body part or ability.

If you were going to have a princess NPC get a few levels in Blackblade magus, what sort of personality would you give the sword for the most fun?

THE PFG TROVE IS UPDATED! A LITTLE BIT, ANYWAY! ONLY A MONTH AND A HALF BEHIND SCHEDULE. QANON IS GETTING THE HANG OF THIS SHIT!

BOOKS YOU'VE ALL DEFINITELY FOUND ELSEWHERE BY NOW BUT CAN NOW FIND HERE INCLUDE:

HELL'S GRUMPOUT 4

INNER SEA INTEREST

MEGUCA TACTICS TOOLBOX

A DECENT PILE OF DSP MONSTER CLASSES; DEVAS, SAVAGE RACES, UNDEADS, ERINEYES. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE JELLO CUBE? APRIL AUGMENTED IN TROVE WHEN?

A DSP ADVENTURE CALLED "THE OPENED MIND" WHICH SOMEHOW QANON HAS LITERALLY NEVER HEARD OF?

THE LATEST VERSIONS OF SPHERES OF POWER + EXPANDED

A DROP DEAD STUDIOS CLASS CALLED THE VAUNTGUARD, SOME KIND OF SPYMASTER TYPE?

A DROP DEAD STUDIOS ROGUE SUPPLEMENT WHOSE LAYOUT IS SO FUCKING GHASTLY IT MAKES QANON WANT TO GIVE HERSELF A LOBOTOMY WITH SOME SORT OF SHOTGUN-CHAINSAW COMBINATION, BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THE KNOWLEDGE OF ITS EXISTENCE WON'T TORMENT HER FOREVER

NOT ACTUALLY IN YET: LIKE TWO OR THREE MONTHS WORTH OF 3PP QANON NEEDS TO SPEND A FEW DAYS SLOWLY CRAMMING INTO THE RIGHT FOLDERS. THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST PART. DOES ANYONE EVEN LOOK AT HALF OF IT? SOMETIMES QANON WONDERS IF SHE JUST REPLACED THE FILES WITH HENTAI, HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE SOMEONE TO EVEN COMMENT ON THAT FACT. MAYBE JUST FOR FUN SHE'LL HIDE ONE OR TWO AND SEE IF IT EVER COMES UP..

Oh shit, you're right
Thanks heaps brah, will get to editing

That is an excellent point, thanks heaps brah, will get to editing

Overprotective Maid/Butler Sword

Friend's trying to optimize a level 5 gestalt Barbarian/Brawler for max unarmed damage, what should he do?

KEEP BEING FUCKING AMAZING
AND YES PLEASE DO REPLACE SOME FOLDERS WITH HENTAI, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING

How about you just make a folder full of henties?

NOT KIDDING ABOUT ROGUE GLORY BY THE WAY

THE RULES MIGHT BE PERFECTLY GOOD BUT JUST LOOKING AT IT GIVES QANON A HEADACHE LIKE HER BRAINSTEM IS THE OUTLET OF THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE AND EVERY SHIP EVER LOST IS TRYING TO BLOW THEIR WAY OUT WITH FLARES

The feat has no rules to the point of actually being non functional.

You've made my eyes bleed, I hope you're happy.

You're kinda dumb, aren't you?

>FILE NAME
>PICKS LITERALLY THE ONLY PAGE IN THE BOOK THAT ISN'T IN THREE COLUMN

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

WHOA THERE LAD OR LASS YOU'RE A BIT TOO EAGER FOR THAT

I don't see a folder for Drop Dead Studios? Where is the book?

It's top level, just like Paizo and DSP products.

You're kinda blind, aren't you?

Have you looked at the feat? There are no rules to determine what CL the poison should be. There are no requirements. No rules for what qualifies as a monster ability and what doesn't. What spells are needed to craft it. What the DCs to craft them are. It lacks any kind of structure.

It doesn't actually fiction as a feat.

Oh hurr. I thought it was in with the other 3pp.

NAH

QANON IS THE VERY PICTURE OF SUBTLETY WHEN IT COMES TO HER FAVOURITES

Psychotic but super low ego so there's literally no chance it does anything other than yell and occasionally thrash around on its own.

There are a lot more rules then what was posted. For a minor sum of the rules here is the cut and dry

Any under the effects of a fleshcrafting poison suffers a –5 penalty on Charisma-based checks to influence drow.
Those who miss their Fortitude save by 10 or more at the time of the procedure suffer from a –3 penalty on all Fortitude saves.
Each body slot can have one modification via fleshcrafting; any additional fleshcrafting that affects the same body slot replaces the previous modification. Fleshcrafting transformations do not prevent the character from using magic items that occupy the same body slot, unless the modification alters the body slot in such a way as to prevent the item from being worn or manipulated.

There is no spells needed to craft it. That can be gathered from the exampled listed under their cost. The rules for the CL is what the person with the feat wants to make them at (to a max of their own caster lvl) it says it right there in the feat
>>When you create a fleshcrafting poison, you set the caster level, which can be no higher than your own level."

>No rules for what qualifies as a monster ability

Alright, so.

You take a monster.

You look at the statblock.

Does it have a SLA, EX, or SU ability listed?

Yes?

Then that is a monster ability for that monster.