Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

Battle beetle is cute edition

Dracoths, gryph-hounds, star-eagles, battle beetles... AoS introduce adorable pet companion, and no, magmadroth ain't cute at all.

Old thread

Remove Archaon

Okay, guys, I need some help.
As you might remember, there'll be a campaign at the FLGS, with teams of heroes trying to fight their way out of the realm of Shysh.
For this reason, every participant makes up a number of custom heroes; either 6 regular heroes, 4 mounted/flying/ogre-sized heroes or 1 monster hero.
>cont.

As a special rule, all heroes can use their Command Abilities, but only one Command Ability can be used per turn between them all.
In addition, all heroes gain the Command Ability 'Second Wind', which restores d3 wounds lost earlier in battle.
As you see, I plan on using Stormcast.

The idea here is to have the Lords-Celestant of my stormhost being wisked away to Shysh.
Now, I am a little stumped at why they wouldn't just accept a reforging and off themselves past a certain point.

Furthermore, there is the idea of having a second, shared Comamnd Ability dependent on the chosen factions, but I have no idea what to make up there.

So what is the most accepted points system for this game?

Thinking about going into a dracoth cavallry army fluffed/modeled as bretts and want to know how many knights I'll need before i have a good sized army. Like if I spend 260 for the thunder and lighting formations (4 lances, 4 Bolters, 4 hammers, 4 axes), and then one last box for an extra lancer and celestiant lord I'd be pretty set since these dracoth knights hit hard and have quite a few wounds

How well would this play? would my band be ok when I start with just the lightening formation?

I've asked a few times but haven't gotten any real anwers

Lastly, do you have any ideas for Stormcast objective markers? Specifically, *heroic* markers? I need some distinct ones for that campaign.

if your store has those golden spacemarine terrian statues use those.

Lets stop pretending Sigmarites as is aren't just fantasy Spacemarines

shouldn't he have the hero keyword?

I'm really mad that this week we're gonna get flyers for 40k and YET no feet goddess.

whoops miscounted that

Lets just say just a lightening formation and a lord box

Lets say 5 lancers, Lord Celestiant with Lance and 4 pew-pews

Would that be a viable and playable army? Any tips?

Why does a self-titled deathseeker have a shield? How is he wearing said shield while wielding a massive hammer? It'd get in the way of everything.

Oh, and here is the last hero I made up. Tentative rules:

Wounds 5
Move 5"
Save3+
Bravery 9

Missile Weapon
Thundersurge Crossbow 24" A1 4+ 3+ R-1 Dd3
Melee Weapon
Runic Broadsword 1" A3 4+ 3+ R-2 D1

Special Rules
Inescapable Vengance: Add +1 to rolls made to hit rolls for the Runic Broadsword during any turn when this model has made a charge move.
Thundersurge: When targeting a Monster, the Damage value of the Thundersurge Crossbow is d6 instead of d3.

Any ideas for a fititng Command Ability?

He totally should have. Thanks for pointing that out.
He's basically meant to be Vandrek Crom, Stormcast Edition. It's an idea blatantly stolen from another user, who made a gorgeous feral Sigvald

All of the Extremis stuff is tremendously powerful, but be aware that the Lord-Celestant on Dracoth is kinda superfluous, as his command ability is less interesting for the incredibly beefy Dracothian Guard.
That said, anything short of super-tanky deathstars will be ripped to shreds by one charge here. The Desolators are the most underwhelming of the bunch, but they are still very powerful.

Thanks I want a charge based army
What General would you recommend? A big ass star drake? cuz that think looks like it can ruin a greater daemons day

Any word on when the Aelf release is happening? I want that beetle

so, you'd expect them to keep supporting the old game, keep producing tons of army books and rule books, etc. when it wouldn't be making them any money compared to AoS?

Also, so what if they "killed it". What's stopping you from playing? You can just go to your LGS and play a game of WHFB, no? If you used to play it, obviously there were people you regularly played with. Why not call them up and start playing 8th edition or that fan-project 9th or whatever?

People act like just because GW isn't continuing the game anymore that it's like it suddenly doesn't exist. Don't worry, the police aren't coming to confiscate your 8th edition rulebook and all your square bases.

I'd bet anything that AoS will be a good thing for them. They will get more new players, and it will revitalize the game. Sure, they made some neckbeard grognards mad, but those guys will still play AoS anyways, and they weren't spending much money on new shit anyways because they already had their big armies.

WFB was dying anyways. It's long been lagging behind 40k in popularity, and its death was long coming. And I'm glad GW had the balls to actually advance the plot and finish the story line.

I hope 40k gets Age of Sigmarred. I'd start playing again.

The Lord-Celestant on Stardrake has a fairly meh Command Ability that only really shines when taken with nothing but Dracoths and Stardrakes, i.e. what you plan on doing. He's also vomiting mortal wounds in every direction, but he's not that hot at tackling bigger stuff; which is totally fine, since Dracothian Guard excel at that. Instead, have the LC clear up the chaff that would otherwise tie down your cavalry for ages.
Basically, he's a troubleshooter.
The best actual command ability for them would be the LC on foot, but he can't keep pace, so it'd be wasted most of the time.

Sylvaneth, not Aelf.
And I have no idea, I expected it a couple of weeks ago, but we got 2 weeks of 40k. It has been nearly a month since the last AoS issue of White Dwarf, so I am hoping this week is the start of their release.

Afraid it's not this Saturday. This weekend's preorders are a flier game for 40k, so at least another week to wait for treelves/beetles/thighs.

Hints from this WD is "war in the Mortal Realms", so we'll have to wait next monday for blurry pics.
It could be the Sylvaneth or the General's Handbook (or the realm of battle lel)

We are ordering the actual store campaign kit this week.

Tthe handbook is a seperate release that will come out after the campaign starts. You do not need the general handbook for the campaign.

Any idea what is in the store campaign kit?

>Stormcast on square bases
>OC heroes as if they don't have enough
>Shilling Sigmarines this hard in every thread period.

Hard to believe these people exist unironically, but it's right here.

At least the guy is contributing productively to the thread fampai. He's doing pretty cool conversions, and discussing rules and obviously actually playing the game...

>obviously actually playing the game...

Ah cool you're one of these idiots. Yes, because any negative post is obviously coming from someone who has never played the game.

Also this isn't a WIP thread. There is no 'contribution' expected of anyone but nice try :^)

When they are reforged they "Lose" a little piece of their soul to Nagash since he's constantly clawing at their souls since technically they belong to him.

The fluff says that each time they come back they lose a little piece of themselves; a memory, feeling or even an ideal. Allowing oneself to die to be reforged is not a lightly made choice.

Ah, you're up early. Good 10am to you :D

Probably some sort of shooty buff? Maybe allow 1 unit within X-range to fire in the hero phase?

It's been a while since the last time I had to use this image in aosg

Seems like the WHFB shitposters are starting to stir up as we get closer to the generals handbook. Is this just pre-emptive damage control because they realize they will soon be blown the fuck out? Or is this just the last pathetic attempt at trolling before they realize their shitty game isn't coming back?

Wish I could share it bro. I'm staring at the email with the content list right now.

>sunblood still sold out

did anyone comment on the latest finiacial news that the only profits for GW came from licensing their IPs?

seems to put to rest the lies that TheInsider put forth (and continues to put forth anonymously) that AoS is doing extremely well.

It seems even with the new CEO, GW thinking they can get away with selling single characters for $40 and 3 calvary for $100 isn't getting them very far

Interesting spin on your part.
>Over the year, sales have been largely the same as the prior year across all channels.
That would suggest that AoS is probably doing just as well as WHFB before it was canned and would presume to do much better once the general handbook comes out.

>There is no 'contribution' expected of anyone but nice try :^)

My bad, I thought that posting on a Macedonian snail mucus harvesting forum was personal choice.

>would presume to do much better once the general handbook comes out.

Talking about spin... :^)

Sure, but if the other option is to be lost in Nagash's realm, possibly forever, I know what my choice would be.

Reminder that in business/finance reports "channels" means ways of buying things (GW brick and mortar stores/GW webstore/3rd party LGS/3rd party webstore) NOT product lines (AOS/40k/FW/LOTR/paints/scenery). It's entirely possible for what TheInsider was saying (that AOS was whatever %age of GW sales) to be true because that minireport said nothing about what was going on with specific product lines. We just don't have the data at this stage.

Incidentally, the fact that user's posted this "news" here but not in the 40k general or the HHG general or any other GW-related thread makes me pretty sure he's baiting.

40k general already discussed it as its not just 1 or 2 people throwing shit at each other like this general

Hey, it's cool, if my stuff isn't welcome I'll stop posting it. No sweat of my back.

That said, I don't see how I'm shilling sigmarines, if I'm honest. Outside of owning them, I guess?
Now, Square bases are a legit criticism, and I'm actually considering rebasing my stuff now that there are more AoS armies with round bases than square ones in the store. It'd be a lot of work, so I'm still hesitant.
Also, Stormcast have like one named character, and even that is an edge case. Wouldn't you want individual heroes for your army?

Let me fire off a guess:
A story book of some kind detailing the campaigns backstory.
A rule book detailing scenarios and how to score games, along with some special rules for new terrain.
Some form of Realm of Battle board with terrain
Some models for display purposes (If I had to guess I would say Nurgle vs Sylvaneth)
Some stupid silly thing for players to show what team they "represent" like badges or something.

>AoS is doing just as well as 8th edition WHFB with discounted starting boxes, panic buys, the promise for balanced play, a huge number of books, promise of player driven campaigns and community contact.

>isn't AoS great?

>It's been a while since the last time I had to use this image in aosg
>Implying

Don't flatter yourself son, you hugbox faggots wheel this tried fucking image out every time any AoS criticism rears it's dreaded head!

>muh 10am shitposting XD
Well meme'd sir

Wait I thought the 10am shitposter was just a meme? It's actually a real person coming to this thread every day at the same time to shitpost? What the fuck dude, get a life

>It's actually a real person coming to this thread every day at the same time to shitpost?
Perahps, it was, but the meme was forced at every possibility losing any credibility or meaning.
>it's 10am somewhere in the world ;^D

Hey guys I'm thinking about making a board for my Blightking army when it comes in. I've got a few things that I could do for it, but I don't know if I want to go with diseased trees or a ruined/ sinking belltower. I'm not sure I could fit both on the board, so which would you guys go with?

Also I really dislike the chaos warshrine what would be a good way to kitbash a good nurgle looking one?

>nurgle warshrine
Two boxes of nurglings on one base carrying a rough, rotten-looking platform made from balsawood. and leftover blightking bitz. On the platform stands a filthy altar and some appropriate nurgle sorcerer or something.

Not bad kid. Maybe I could get some of the plague furnace bits and use those as well.

Nice idea. The lesser plague censers and the coal pans would certainly fit well.
Maybe get some sort of pot or cauldron from a third party source, too.

found the 10am shitposter

Don't you dare touch the scared furnace of the Great Corrupter you rot-brain Chaos-thing.

Also someone said 10 high-elf spearmen cost 100 pts in the last thread. any source on this?

a forced meme that due to the low activity of these threads is pushed at every opportunity. others include "archaon anime" and "insert lizardman unit here is sold out"

If I liked rats I would run the plague furnace with my nurgle stuff. Unfortunately I don't, so it exists only the be cannibalized in my head.

I liek seeing your stuff

Ignore him. He's an idiot. I enjoy seeing your projects.

>low activity of these threads
I mean compare the activity to say 2 months ago, it's picking up. Also whenever there's a new release then it goes super fast.

So when are we supposed to be getting proper points values?

14th july is the release

Sweet

How good are beastmen? I want to start a AoS army and I think they are the coolest faction. But I know next to nothing about them.

Which is best of the Legion of Death or Deathrattle legion battallion scrolls?
Legion of Death has return 1 slain model to a unit in the hero phase if within 9" of the WK and auto 4" run move, and Deathrattle legion has reroll 1's to save if your unit is within 6" of another from the battallion and the same run move.

Fodder. Lets just say they are better of for now being able to be taken with Chaos instead of being it's own faction.

What about warherds then? Are they any good or are they just fodder as well?

>What about warherds then? Are they any good or are they just fodder as well?
Beastmen are pretty darn fast, and pretty killy but kinda fragile. They are a reasonable army in their own right.

Bullgors are great, ungors are surprisingly good as they are the only ranged unit chaos actually gets outside of tzeentch daemons. Bestigors are nice too.

Also minotaurs are gooood. Dragon ogres too.

Thanks for the input guys! I think I'll start a beastmen army probably sometime this week. Now I just need to make their fluff and background, is there anything of note that the beastmen are involved with?

Eating shit and making stuff out of shit. That and rape.

If you're going pure beastmen make sure to run the legacy list. Oh and get a big gribbly or two to summon.

Legacy list? Please explain what that is.

They were updated in the Chaos book, but the original Beastmen when AoS first came out were stronger.

On that note, High Elves: Legacy list, or new list? We're using SCGT points.

I mean the initial beastmen pdf that was released on the gw website before they culled a bunch of models.

It has gorthor, the bsb and better formations for both a brayherd or warherd list.

You do know you can still take the old stuff, right?
I mean, let's be honest here, if you play Brayherd and don't use the Legacy BSB, you're intentionally gimping yourself.

As for High Elves, definitely Legacy. They split the faction apart so hard you barely have any synergies left. I mean, Dragon-Lord only buffs Dragon Princes, no vanilla High Elf Lord that buffs everything... No Sea Guard, I mean what the fuck, those guys would have fit the Swifthawk Agents perfectly.

Legacy refers to the Warscroll Compendiums, as they have rules for all the discontinued models and characters that died in End Times. Basically so that you can still play a campaign in the Old World but using the new system.

So, this is what's at stake this summer.

>Dragon-Lord only buffs Dragon Princes
Dragon-lord also buffs himself, which is how I've been using him. Rerolling to hit with everything a Dragon does is kind of a big fucking deal.

That was me and sauce is a leaked pic of the book from when we first heard about it.

>sold out not soul'd out

Dude, we knew about the multiple Nagashes thing 11 months ago.

plastic sunblood when

I want new saurus heroes.

>lookguysiposteditagain.jpeg

Thinking about it now, What do you think about a large rusted cage with prisoners inside to be sacrificed or worse?

Don't worry, he's just out of stock until they release his new $55 plastic model with more fitting proportions.

Yes, but he doesn't buff Phoenix Guard or White Lions or the other elite infantry the High Elves are so proud of, whereas the Legacy version buffs all HIGHBORN, which all of them used to be.

if he's anything like the oldblood from the carnosaur, I'll gladly get jewed.

Wow, what completely original jibes at AoS. You're on a roll, sempai!

The Legacy Dragon didn't buff anything. The Legacy Prince buffed people, but he was pretty shit compared to, you know, Dragon.

Why do you keep feeding him?

If we don't confront the shitposters they win

Makes me wonder if the Sylvaneth will be antagonistic toward the forces of Sigmar for this campaign. They've made it pretty clear that the Realm of Life is their turf.

No you boob, if you DO confront them they win. The whole point for them is to elicit a response.

That's been relatively solved. Alarielle and the Sylvaneth are still kind of upset that Sigmar locked the gates and said fuck everyone not in Azyr, but they understand they have to work together and Alarielle has first hand experience with the Signarines helping her and the Sylvaneth out. I'm more interested if the Wanderers are brought up, they're the Aelves who feel super guilty for jumping ship on Ghyran and fleeing to Azyr.

the response will drive them out

Email them about it.

Wow.
So Sigmar send his floating cities from Azyr drop pod style to colonize the other realms. Fuck. Yes.

Probably the case. Shame though, dissent and hostility within the Order Alliance because Sigmar paved over some forest for his celestial parking lots would make for an interesting hook.

It's not as if Chaos or Death are always on the same page either.

The Khorne Bullgor (Minotaur) Fprmation is pretty nice if you have/want the models for it.

Sounds cool. I'm in but still unsure if I go Stormcast, Bloodbound or Flesh Eaters..

Let's face it, we know GW is going to excuse chaos out of ghyran one way or another. So why not be on the winning side? Play stormcast eternals.

Is massing sorcs frowned upon? kinda feeling like rolling with some nurgle rotbringers for the campaign (never played AoS before) and this is the army i own

Glottkin
Bloab Rotspawned
3 Rotbringer Sorcs
15 Blightkings

Probably alot of pts in the new system but I'd say go for it and would play against.
I field an elite army as well and they certainly have exploitable weaknesses in my experience. Maybe add some Nurglings or Plaguebringers to contest more ground.