Force of Will

Figured they were going to change it at some point.

Also, spoilers soon for the Valkyria Chronicles Vingolf set.

Other urls found in this thread:

force-of-will-tcg.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Play
twitter.com/AnonBabble

right one is hotter anyway

this desu

>Flashing Mage Warrior
>literally a girl in a sun dress

lol wanky ass jap games

Not to mention the old classic
>game uses hundreds as common units

She's flashing her bubble ass.

>literally a girl in a sun dress

She'd actually look better in that than the swimsuit.

Also, she seems to be getting quite a bit of love in BoA.

>complaining about hundreds

It's a Japanese game. I hate having to explain this every time. Americans use dollars, and are used to small, simple numbers. How much does a candy bar cost? How much does a loaf of bread cost? It's normal for us to think in low numbers, which is reflected in MtG and other such games, which use small, simple numbers. Meanwhile, how much does a candy bar in Japan cost? How much does a loaf of bread? They're used to thinking in hundreds of yen, so it's natural for their cards, such as Force of Will or Yugioh, to use hundreds.

Is the Japanese version still the same? Left looks way better desu senpai.

No, it was changed for their version. I really don't mind either way, but I really figured it'd get changed regardless of Japan doing it first or the West retouching it.

Still waiting on Athena to get one, but probably not since I think she's technically dead? Maybe?

Where are all the lolis?

Just need to look harder.

Huh. In Japan, do price tags usually end in 00? Even though the West uses small numbers of dollars for stuff like milk or a candy ba, everything's listed with cents, too, so isn't the difference basically the presence or absence of a dot/comma for those last two digits?

People still play this trash game?

Please calm down.

Not really. The inevitable Japanese CCG Decay has set in and now it's just a matter of when the next waifugame will crop up to put the final nail in the coffin.

>Labor Day limited edition playmat
I'm gonna be fucking pissed if I don't get one. Ultra Pro already made me mad with the really nice Pricia promo that was limited to 500 being made for some weeaboo convention costing like 250 dollarydoos.

Do we have the full spoiler list for BFA yet?

>Do we have the full spoiler list for BFA yet?

Not full, but we have a good portion of the cards revealed in Blog posts they've been posting over the past few weeks.

More Knights of the Round Table love is always nice.

I'm just hoping for more beast support because I enjoy mono-green stompy no matter what game.

>tfw their queen will never return

Can i get the art of the left one yet?

The game looks fun, but the art and the fan base turns me off. Everyone at my LGS that plays it is a cringeworthy autist drooling over half-naked anime girls. Not saying everyone that plays the game is like that, just the ones near where I live.

I'm pretty sure the full set (or close to it) has been spoiled if you look hard enough on facebook etc. for people posting Quest Clear cards. There's also already a booster box opening on youtube.

I don't think she's dead, but the "story" lacks details and is told almost more thoroughly through the cards than the official site in most cases. I mean, Sylvia hasn't been around since TTW and people are just now finding out she was written off.

She's one of Gil's twelve apostles, so that puts her in the same league as Valentina, though obviously not as relevant.

>Sylvia was written off.
Fucking really? Why?

Tell me about this card game
Is it any good?

It's like MTG meets Hearthstone.

It's in the newest story article on the main site. As to why, I dunno.

I like it. The heavy Japanese design is a big turnoff for some, but cards like these are pretty far and few in between (it's just a summer promo). It has a mix of heavy anime influence along with stuff like Eldritch Horrors, Vampires, Elves, Fairy Tales, etc. to keep it diverse.

In terms of gameplay, it feels sort of like early MtG I suppose. The game designers are starting to figure out how to keep things a bit better balanced. Stones (mana) are in a separate deck so no mana flood/screw issues. Each deck utilizes a 'ruler' which is essentially your commander card that your deck tends to be built around. Matches are usually pretty quick. There's a Valkyria Chronicles crossover set coming at the end of July and a new cluster releasing in September, which would be some good chances to get some friends interested or check out things at your LGS if they run it.

Yes, they do.
In case you hadn't heard, Japan has been in a massive ongoing economic recession since the early 1990's, which they began to pull out of in the 00's until the '08 Global Recession slumped down again and they lost whatever progress they made and worse.
Yen regularly comes in 100's for basic expenditures thanks to inflation and currency devaluation, and currently Yen is worth 0.0096 to the US dollar.

This really sorry state of affairs is kind of the explanation for nearly every problem modern Japan currently has.

Could you perhaps spoonfeed me some more information about this game? Like turn structures, number of cards etc etc

Keeping this thread alive because of potentional

Minimum 40 card deck size, magic stones deck minimum 10 cards, maximum 4 card limit in either deck of any card that isn't a basic magic stone. Starting hand is 5 cards, hand size max is 7.

Turn structure is Draw // Recover // Main phase (play minions, battle, call a stone, flip Ruler to Judgment side, cast non-instant spell chants, etc. all things in this phase), then an End phase where damage on minions gets cleared amongst other things.

force-of-will-tcg.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Play

Has some good reading without being slapped with the giant PDF of comprehensive rules, just ignore anything that mentions Valhalla rules.

So bets on whats gonna be tier one once new set drops ? My money is on machine or reflect aggro still.
Also whats your reason for not having a Valhalla deck ?

Necrolance. A4 helps most of Reflect's decks more than it hurts them. Shion will stay competitive. Matchstick girl builds are going to take a dive with A4 and 'Down the Drain', which is unfortunate because I like Kaguya 3.0 (who gets hit harder by Moonbeam than R/R and Shion) and it is one of the only things she has going for her right now.

I don't have a Valhalla deck because they are hard to find and I haven't really tried looking.

the italian trading page on Fb is best bet, got my Arthur and English Valhalla stuff dirt cheap

Does this game have foils/chase mythics? Just curious. Seems like it popping up in every card name now cause of MTG.

Every card available in booster packs/boxes have a foil variant. Rares and Super rares have a Full Art foil variant. As of the last two releases, a select few cards also have a chrome uber rare variant or alternate art variant. The fact that there are 3 different versions of rare/SR cards is most of the reason why this game has a pretty cheap second hand market, so getting into it is pretty affordable.

Yeah, any card can be foil, and super rare cards can also have a gold foil stamp for added bling. Certain rulers can also show up as monochrome foil versions that are incredibly rare, at the cost of looking like shit.

I'm not a Priciafag nor do I give a rats ass about this fanfic tier story, so why does seeing Valentina win and posses Pricia makes me so fucking mad?

Is there an online version of this game, like MTGO or cockatrice? I'd like to get a feel for it at home before I play it at the store.

I think its on otcgn but they are going to release their own simulator that has all cards for free during the wgp

>own simulator that has all cards for free during the wgp
Hopefully it will be on time. I'm still waiting on that official Vanguard simulator which was supposed to be here during early spring.

>wgp
>Force of Will World Championship 2016

>Area Grand Prix → World Championship in Japan in Sep 2016

>The Area Grand Prix will be held in 10 locations in USA and 2 locations in Canada!
>The finalists from the each Area Grand Prix locations will be invited to participate in the Force of Will Championship 2015 Finals in Tokyo, Japan in September 2016!

So I have to wait until September. That sucks, but whatever, I've waited longer for other things. Good to know though, thanks.

Blue overtaking red as best splash color.

Untap has a FOW setup too. Just need an account.
I run Alisaris so to begin with I'm already lacking in support. I'm probably gonna get shit on hard because of Drain. Though Battle for Attoractia(The card) and Avatar Alisaris clearly supports me. Who would've thought? Aside from that, 4x Blood boil will be hilarious in my deck. Yes, I have indeed blasted you with this exact same card six times, and I will continue to do so.
>Captcha asks me to locate fireplaces
Well that's appropriate.

So is there any way to make slyvia work? I really want to try her out

She gets outclassed extremely hard by R/R but there is a new green card coming out that lets you flip your J-ruler back to ruler side at instant speed. Use with Sylvia to roast things for 1000 multiple times and swing with a hasty 1000 in the air.

Her deck style is pretty self-explanatory. Red/Green stompy. Flip her when you can seal lethal or you're about to lose and need a Hail Mary play (you lose all color fixing when she flips).

This is the card. Gives her the option to sneak back into ruler side, so it really opens up her game and allows you to use her flip to win back the field instead of just using it for a lethal push and also protects her from Moonbeam retaliation.

Still mad about Black Moon Beam

What rulers have you been using? It can be played around, but some rulers definitely got the short end of the stick.