Memorial Thread for one of the good Boros Commanders out there

Memorial Thread for one of the good Boros Commanders out there.

R.I.P. Gisela. May you deal double damage in the afterlife.

Brunabros can Mourn in here too.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises-2016-06-20
youtube.com/watch?v=BncJ1yX-BgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But it's like a threeway with tentacle~

>She died so the superfriends can eanter the spotlight and save Innistrad
Fuck this gay earth.

Emmyfags get out. We're here to mourn.

The worst part is she didn't even go down fighting. She got completely fucking punked off handedly and fused with Bruna.

YOU SAID YOU'D LOVE ME FOREVER
COME BACK BABY
JOIN ME
JOINMEJOINMEJOINME

No, having more than one waifu will ruin your laifu

No no no no no.

I can't do body horror. I can't do abominations pleading for love. I can't.

A rabid dog is not a man's best friend.

I just wanted a pure battle waifu whom went down fighting

This is too retarded for words.

Sorry if anyone in the thread was an angel fan. They're getting more slaughtered than Tarkir's dragons.

Again, I think alot of us wouldn't have minded if she had been actually slaughtered in a fight. We're more mad that she just got punked off screen and fused with bruna without a whimper.

>Eldrazi Conscription on Bruna is actually canon

My new waif is clearly Taito
>cute ears
>porcelain skin
>selflessly devoted to knowledge
>able to crack mysteries that transcend her planar experience and codes made by old walkers
>able to defy Memerakul, even protects Baby Jace's mind when he isn't strong enough to do it

She guards the realms of men. Too bad she is almost certainly going to meet as grisly a fate as the angels. Gotta add more pathos to the Jacetice League's endeavor. Can we get a petition to keep her alive pretending to be concerned about women being used as victims? #nomoremtgwomeninrefridgerators

I was greatly upset with what happened to Avacyn but I told myself at least if the Sisters survive I can be happy. I wish they'd died.

Wow it hurts to like angels in this game.

Dude, even Jace fucking Beleren needed help to not get mindraped by Emrakul.

It's OK, baby steps.

Start by meeting your new waifu. She has a beautiful world of soft and pleasant things to show you, far from the harshness that you think is reality.

Waifufags please remove yourself from life

I told you when avacyn died
You didn't belived
But if avacyn died, no waifu was safe. rest sweet princesess, we will never forget our powerpuff girls

butthurt waifufags are the only good thing that has come of this new set thus far

So I dont fucking get it. Emrakul pops up to Innistrad and INSTANTLY these two just melt together? What? How? Why? Just because Avacyn was bonkers at that one point?

I wish they made a fucking story that actually explains what happened before they just spontaniously melted.

They're running out of mono-white waifus to kill, the two-color white waifus are next.

The way they wrote the story makes it obvious that when the Jacetice league comes back, Tamiyo is either already corrupted or dead.

They did it on purpose.

>Wow it hurts to like angels in this game
To like anything "good" you mean. It's cheap drama to fuck over powerful agents of good, and Wizards keeps going back to that tired strategy.

If WotC was a DM I'd have left the table a decade ago.

Nahiri builds the cryptoliths to draw Emrakul closer.
Avacyn gets affected by creepy Emrakul vibes and she passes those on to other angels, including Bruna and Gisela.
Avacyn gets crushed while Bruna and Gisela fall deeper into madness and mutation.
By the time Emrakul arrives, they've mutated so massively that they have fused together into an awful, Emrakul-looking thing and have lost any trace of their former self.

Where's Sigarda?

It's not when Angels are literally lower than dirt when compared to Emrakul, even more retarded are the ones who wanted a fight when even fucking Jace needs help to not get mindraped by Emrakul.

MFW I have a Gisela & a Bruna EDH that I've gotten bored of

based green angel will save us.

Unless she fused with a flock a herons.

That would actually be hilarious, I sorta want to see it.

>horrible things happening to angels for *reasons* isn't cheap drama
The reasons don't change the fact that it's free dramatic tension to show horrible mutations and mind control happening to the one-time stalwart guardians of order and good. And that they've done so to the same characters in two different ways during the same fucking block, without any evidence of a struggle.

So did someone in WotC offices get forced to come to church as a child or something? I'm noticing a bit of spite towards angels, specifically, and White Mana in general.

At least ol' Gideon is in tact.

I get the impression this melding together has been happening for some time. Last we saw them, they were finishing each others sentences and making creepy Join Us comments, and since then they've been completely out of the picture for some time.

They're beings of pure mana who've been clinging to each other through some vague idea of sisterhood that was the only remnant of their sanity they had left. I think they've probably been a mindless mutant blob of agonized limbs for days/weeks now, and Emrakul arriving and assuming direct control suddenly gave them purpose.

Wait, for real? I can't bring myself to read it. Where and how?

Is that the latest story? Or do you mean the sorta hivemind thing they both ended up with?

Well, the creative team has a writer that seems devoted to including his mindrape/identity-death fetish in whatever he writes. That could be having an impact.

When Jace goes to grab the team and asks Tamiyo if she'll still be here when he comes back, she makes an intentionally vague comment about how everybody will be right where they need to be.

She does seem committed to saving Innistrad, so her reluctance to just say "yeah dude let's meet back up" to her only ally is kind of concerning. Seems like she may be taking a dangerous route that she does not want Jace to follow, which hopefully does not include self-sacrifice.

I think Avacyn got the better end of the deal.

Her only hope is being so fucking based that she defies the literary trope of "Gon on without me" equalling "I'm going to die"

Also

>Tamiyo looked into Jace's face
>"You actually killed two of them, you absolute madman"
Can she just tell when a telepath who has like half of his mind fucked up is lying or not?

;_;
RIP

>WotC doesn't tell its resident "that guy" to fuck off
>instead they department-shuffle him around and he ends up in creative where EVERYONE has weird ideas
Suddenly it makes sense.

She just chose to believe.

Why wasn't sigarda effected

She also cleansed Jace's mind of Emrakul's influence just by looking at him in a mothering way.

I think Tamiyo is actually an incredibly strong planeswalker. I hope her story doesn't end here.

>Last we saw them, they were finishing each others sentences and making creepy Join Us comments
When was that? I haven't been keeping up as much with the lore

Greeeeen is best.

who says she wasnt

Thalia lives yet

When they went to confront Sigarda. Way back near the start of Shadows.

>new Emrakul takes control of target opponent on their next turn
>Sigarda gives you hexproof
Sigarda confirmed for saving the day, bro.

I really hope this ends up as a RUW legendary creature.
I want it to be a litteral combination of both Bruna and Gisela, mechanically speaking.

Just look out for any articles written by Ken Troop in the future. He's a good writer but mind-rape really has become an obvious theme in anything he writes.

>She loses hexproof to give you hexproof

Sigarda confirmed for saccing herself to save you

>She died so the superfriends can eanter the spotlight and save Innistrad
Yeah, nah.

It's made clear that she's always had a more independent mind compared to her two sisters, who have pretty much just fallen in line with Avacyn since she's appeared.

Bruna and Gisela probably felt themselves slipping, but weren't as worried when the saw Avacyn was starting to act the same way. Sigarda was immediately put off and thought something was fucked up about Avacyn when she started acting nutso, rather than just accepting it.

Sigarda is probably on the edge of madness by this point, though.

Were cards spoiled or was a new story put out?

I've been out of the loop for a few weeks.

Sigarda will fly into Emmy's eye and blow it up

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises-2016-06-20

Sorin made avacyn, but how did the other angels happen

Confirmed BRW

They were created by the all mighty planeswalker known as Wotc.

Sigarda has always had a mechanical theme centered around for lack of a better word "purity", in the sense of protecting against corrupting influences rather than the result of a purge. It's her shtick.

Well, that was really stupid and incredibly disappointing. Thanks anyway.

>"Emrakul, whats the next step of your master plan?"
>"Crashing this plane...with no survivors!"

>Spooky equals B

Man, even WOTC dosen't understand the colorwherl.

Sigarda is green
green is life
Emrakul twists life
Sigarda protects life
Emrakul is the opposite of Sigarda

Sigarda VS Emrakul when?

Nobody. They're like demons. Just extreme concentrations of mana that gain sentience.

When the Gatewatch stops being printed.

If they wanted to do this story correctly, it would be Sigarda + The Order of Saint Traft vs. Emrakul, not the fucking superfriends.

Sigarda will probably fight Double Waifu, not Emrakul directly.

Never because the modern MtG branding focuses on placing planeswalkers on the center spot.

If you expect anything but Jacetice League vs Emrakul, you are retarded.

>Emrakul twists life
explain this

enrakul and kozilek had their powersets swapped between rise and bfz. actual retcon.

Silly user. If people were capable of dealing with their own shit we wouldn't have a reason to show off the badass Superfriends.

Silly user.

Retcon.

What, you expected a genuine explanation?

I'm in agreement, I'm just salty about it. Especially since the worst planeswalkers are the ones composing the Gatewatch.

>implying Chandra isn't the best

Chandra's literally the worst. She's Jaya Ballard's humorous obsession with fire, removing the humor and adding a psychotic 'muh freedom' aspect that doesn't really work because the people on her home plane that were going to execute her were 100% in the right.

youtube.com/watch?v=BncJ1yX-BgQ

When did this happen?

I want Nissa to show saved Zendikar to Nahiri, for her to realize dooming a plane just because Sorin basically doomed hers isn't right, and for everyone to work together to seal Emrakul in Innistrad's moon like a gigantic Helvault. Emrakul's presence will still pollute Innistrad somewhat, and she will still be worshiped by cultists. Sorin and Nahiri remain bitter enemies, but their conflict is put to a halt as both decide to rebuild their planes.

What I expect to happen is Sorin to kill Nahiri in a poorly described anime battle, then the Gatewatch easily kills Emrakul with the power of friendship again, except also Liliana is there this time. Tamiyo dies because Jace is the blue one and branding doesn't want to confuse consumers. It is treated as a victory in which Innistrad has been saved despite nearly the entire plane dying and everybody just fucks off to Kaladesh for Contrived Plot Reason.

i think the fatpack guide or something? there were descriptions of emrakul having grvity distorting powers in rise, but those were all attributed to kozilek in bfz/ogw

>anime
Just wanted to throw it out there that adding the word "anime" as a descriptor to a fight doesn't make any sense because anime is more of a medium than a genre. "Shonen" would have been more descriptive and made more sense in this context.

There are no hedrons on Inistrad though. Jaceleague can't do it this time.

Everyone is yelling and bitching about Innistrad being ruined and I'm just like yeah I love this Bloodborne clone plane

Screencap this mad prophet

i agree with everything you said and it makes me sad.

except kaladesh, I inagine whatever the ending some kind of fallout drives chandra to go back home (maybe seeing sorin and nahiri protecting/rebuilding their homes? please wotc?) which is why kaladesh. There's no strong reason for her to drag the rest of the gatewatch after her, unless it's a second set thing like jace did in today's story.

At least I can fap to the idea for Brungarda tentacle-fucking Sigarda.

but there are all these weird cryptoliths that are clearly driving innistrad's leylines.

Brunsela*

Instead of Nissa channeling her love for Ashaya through the hedrons, Sorin will channel his love for Avacyn through the cryptoliths. And instead of Chandra killing the most powerful beings in the entire multiverse with some fire, this time Liliana will kill the most powerful being in the entire multiverse with some black necro-fire.

Moving innistrad's mana. There's been no reference to leylines on innistrad

make them lose and have to retreat from Innistrad and then they have to go back in a few sets after Emrakul starts leaking all over other planes. And when they go back it's just a clusterfuck tentacle hellscape

Kill yourself.

do you know what leylines are?

>sorin and nahiri set aside their differences
>nahiri is taken to zendikar and shown that its fucked up its still there
>sorin cant into metal magic but he can use silver
>he drags the moon down
>nahiri makes a giant helvault out of the moon
>sorin puts Emeril Lagasse in there
And thats when the Fire nation attacked.

It does work as a term.
All anime even outside of shounen have the same kind of fighting, unsurprising considering hiw incestuous anime really is.

You first.

Fuck you Wizards.

Why do you hate White so much?

Can you kill other Waifu too?

No you had to fuck White Waifu and make that cold bitch of a Jew that is Liliana the new Heroine of EM.

Fuck you Wizards.

I think we can go ahead and settle on Innistrad definitely coming out the other side of this still being the Spooky Plane. It is one of if not the most popular plane in the game. WotC isn't going to make it unrecognizable.

That said, I really do hope they seal Emrakul away instead of killing her. Her lovecraftian essence still being present on the plane would fit snugly into Innistrad's existing flavor, while providing a permanent consequence to this block.

But fuck, the way they dispatched Kozilek and Ulamog made me lose all hope in the creative department. Emrakul's plot line being closed off seems much more convenient and would once again show the power of the Gatewatch coming together, so I can't imagine the writers not going with it.

the one reason they said the gatewatch brfo the eldrazi was because they didn't want to form a team just to have them lose their first match, if liliana hooks up with the gatewatch even more reason for emrakul not to survive this fight