"Emrakul Rises"

I fly on the wings of angel...

"Dear Archangel Avacyn. Mother told me that if I get scared, I should pray. I'm scared now."

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises-2016-06-20

What do you think about the lore/story for the next magic set?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx10MYrh4MY&start1=&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amzNAON0Fc4&start2=15&authorName=Sirgupp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it was emrakul the whole time
I'm not surprized, just disappointed
>liliana saves everyone
that trailer really makes me dubious, if they're trying to bill the biggest bitch in magic as the hero I'm gonna lose all faith in magic creative. i didn't have much but damn
>all that art, mutant freaks, basically turning people into eldrazi instead of having spawn squirreling ariund
actually pretty neat, the art and concepts seem to be doing the absolute best possible with a predictable premise.

Fuckin shit writing. Had to make an actual effort to finish it.

>Lilliana sends wave after wave of zombies to no avail
>Raven man tells her how to win but it requires an ancient ritual from a plane long dead
>She does it
>Raven man is revived
>Raven man turns out to be Mishra

I think the theme for Lili will actually be

>ELDRITCH GOD GET OUT
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>WHY DON'T YOU GE OUT?
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>WAIT LEMME USE THE VEIL

(jace chimes in)

>No, Lili, don't do the thing

>liliana does the thing

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>things go horribly wrong, jacetice league saves the day, sorin acts aloof, lili either dies or has a change of heart

*ALTERNATIVELY*

>suddenly bolas
>all according to keiakku

I mean, don't get me wrong. Lilliana fighting Eldrazi with an army of zombies is fucking metal. But everything else is too gay for words.

What don't you like about the rest? The Eldrazi as Mastermind? The corruption? Jace?

Their try at Lovecraftian speak is very bad. New Phyrexian was a lot better with the weird sounds and writing with subtitles in the Scars trailer. But fuck me if the arts aren't baller as fuck, pure The Thing horror. We need a card with someone opening in a mouth like the defibrillator scene.

this game got really gay

Yeah, there's too many neigh-sayers around here.

Have we started the memes?

Yes, brother....M'emerakul rises!

it ends with oath of liliana. this is going to be the weakest heel face turn in the history of media.

whatever happens with the chain veil garruk is going to be straight up the bad guy, fuck. I'm really starting to hate lili more than nissa, what a fucking bitch.

What is this, the 90s

There's a thread already

>
>
>

>they just put 'mrakul after everything

Dr Pavel, I'm CIA'mrakul

Meme'mrakul

Emrakul's real name is Carl, and they're jut trying to shame her into leaving the plane.

YOU'RE A BIG'RAKUL

The Eldrazi Rises, brother!

It's hard to take Emrakul seriously when her idea of an entrance chant is mom-joke wordplay.

Seriously, how many aeons has she torn asunder, and the best she's got is jank like

>"I'AMRAKUL"
>"ME'MRAKUL"
>"BE'MRAKUL"
>"COME'RAKUL"

Doesn't Hasbro own WotC?
Why couldn't they appropriate "UNTIL ALL ARE ONE."

yes

I knew it, I'm surrounded by 'Mrakuls!

Keep firing, 'Mrakuls!

FOR EVERYONE

if this was the 90's we would still have urza and friends

I read "me'mrakul" as "Mememrakul".
It's funny.

But she says exactly that in the lore story when Jace sees her mind.

She's a lot more grandiose about it when mindraping Jace, and it's actually cool and intimidating there.

But She makes Her cultists say the dumbest shit.

I love magic, and I love narratives, but christ almighty mtg has shit lore. I play because I love cardboard, the plot is completely irrelevant to me as long as interesting cards keep coming out.

>Remember, they came as three
You don't get to bring friends
>Nahiri has to chant and make an effort to summon Emrakul
Flight an filed with the Blind Eternities, listing me, Sorin, but only one of you
>Jace couldn't believe how colossal the titan was
Emrakul confirmed big guy
>Nahiri felt the last defenses of the plane falling off, like armor
Removing Innistrad's mask is extremely painful
>What's the next part of your plan?
"As Zendikar was crashed, so shall Innistrad, with no survivors"

meme magic'mrakul

this meme is four years old

I fucking love it

Actually imagine the plot twist, if the other 2 eldrazi came back to life or something just because one of them lived.

Or maybe we get 2 new eldrazi?

>>She makes Her cultists say the dumbest shit.
>Implying that if you became a horrible eldritch horror with mind rape powers, you wouldn't have your cultists spouting Veeky Forums memes 24/7

See, emmy just wants to have fun and hug people after all. No reason to be worried about, folks!

>Crashing this plane. With no survivors.

>"First for Emrakul is love!"
>"tfw no Eldrazi-girl gf!"
>"I want to lick Emrakul's feet!"
>"2016! Not liking Emrakul! I sure hope you cathars don't do this!"
>"Name a flaw of Emrakul! Protip: you can't!"

>cultists wandering around mumbling about how they don't get to bring friends

>Cathars are just normalfags
>Cultists are NEETS whose waifu is emrakul

>Veeky Forums

Kek

>Jace
Fucking WHY

Dr. Erakul, I am J.A.C.E!

Is there no secret service in the magic universe?

>REEEE
>do the thing
>jacetice league
>keiakku[sic]
The sheer density of memes in this post physically discomforts me. I wonder if this poster is still capable of independent thought.

It's kinda impressive how hard they're trying to make me care about the lore in these sets lately and how hard they're failing at it.

I thought it was pretty good, Angels fags sound incredibly butthurt

Nothing they can do about your retardation.

Calling it now.
Sigarda will save the kid and the lesbian Hunters and become Avacyn 2.0 after Tamiyo traps her in the moon as someone has said in here.
Lilliana will be the one to smash Emmy in the face, and Tamiyo will be killed because please stop asking Maro about Kamigawa.

>Independent thought
>Meme card game
Choose
Pretty much this, however it's done I'm sure it won't be anything other than pure shit as usual

>>meme card game
What the fuck does that even mean?

I bet Emmy just gets fucking destroyed. It's not indestructible after all.

>someone gets paid to write this

I mean the gatewatch could rekt two eldrazi titans, a single eldrazi titan is nothing, besides they've got liliana on their side. RIP Emmy

>Mtg lore
You can't seriously give a fuck about this, right? Nobody actually takes any of this shit even remotely serious in an even slightly unironic way, right?

It's a card game.

>>>/modern general/

I like Emmys card name. The Promised End ties into everything the religion in Innistrad preached.

So Chandra's just going to kill Emrakul with fire, too. That's lame.

>that pic
youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

So did they actually had this planned in original INN?

About time.

The name is the only decent thing about it. Dies to a lot of removal and doesn't even get to attack before your opponent untaps. Sure, you can Mindslaver their removal at something else, but yeesh.

Are you stupid? She's only affected by sorceries and you're gonna use them on their turn on their monsters plus ramming one into Emrakul. You basically won the game.

Anything someone doesn't like is a meme. Neighbor's dog barking all night keeping you awake? Fucking meme dog.

The difference being that Lili is supposed to be a selfish bitch.
God I hope they don't turn her into a "hero" this expansion.

We can, and should have black heroes but Lili isn't it.

Technically, if it's a shiba inu, it's a meme dog.

Stasis snare

Probably more a case of a stopped clock being right twice a day. If you live in the MTG multiverse and you predict some kind of apocalypse, you are very likely to be correct by accident. Apocalypses are very common. Remember the apocalypse that Dominaria had as a side effect of having too many other apocalypses?

>stasis snare is in every deck and available at all times meme
>implying you can't just stasis snare one of your own monsters as your opponent

Fucking retards.

>What are creatures, enchantments, artifacts and planeswalker

Because obviously there is no removal outside of instants and sorceries.

Stasis Snare has flash, stupid. You flash it in on THEIR turn. Sure they still get a mindslaver, but their 13/13 endgame just ate shit

No they don't. They control you, they can just target something else with stasis snare you imbecile.

You control their NEXT turn. On THIS turn, they cast stasis snare.

No, you imbecile, they cast Stasis Snare after Emmy hits the board, before the end of turn, because it's a non-instant removal that happens to have flash.

Trailer?

Also clip wings

oh okay. you don't have to be that aggressive anyways

>Gisela and Bruna

Damn, Avacyn got off light. I wonder if it's going to be WUR Eldrazi.

>average mtg player base today

:24 reply
So, bitch nigger, this game is trash and you eat shit out of a cows ass. Kill yourself.

Magic lore a shit. Shit!

It's lesbians overcome the tentacle monsters. They know nothing about good world building.

>Tricks Lili into activating a new Golgothian Sylex

Nice.

>Acts like an arrogant cunt
>oh okay. you don't have to be that aggressive anyways
Fuck off, you started it.

>Eldritch Moon: wherein an entire lore is literally tentacle raped.

the SoI story handled her very well in a protagonistic light. She was still her selfish self, but it helped to show some of Black's positives (namely, independent individuals don't let other independent individuals that they have feelings for do stupid selfless acts that'd get themselves killed because that's just stupid and dumb and a waste of one's life and one's life is the most important thing about being Black).

Sometimes it's lonely at the top and you want someone else you can call an equal, y'know? But never someone to subordinate to, because that's bullshit in Black's eyes.

Kill yourself

Living is important to red. Black is all about power. Black will gladly give up life for power.

>Veeky Forums

What use is power if you're dead? (As in non-existent, not some lich bs).

Black doesn't mind licking boots in a ploy for power. Like corrupt official or a demon worshipping cultist, they seek power through calculated acts of subservience.

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx10MYrh4MY&start1=&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amzNAON0Fc4&start2=15&authorName=Sirgupp

Enjoying power is a red attribute. Black only cares about obtaining the power. What it does with the power is irrelevant because they don't yet have it.

you don't know that for sure, could be intern

Power is meaningless if you aren't there to use it.

Semantically speaking it's more along the lines of "the preservation of one's self" and that the cessation of self, or death, is one of those things Black is absolutely terrified of; seeing death around every corner, being terrified of it, and acting to avoid it, this is the fundamental nature of Black.

In a ploy for power, yes to an extent. Black's ideal is to answer to no one, to let nothing have control over them, to essentially maximize their agency at any cost. Deals with devils are made with the intent to screw them out of the contract when the time comes, or if not that then because it ultimately maximizes their well being for the time. It's a complex series of cost-benefit assessments, focused on gathering power so that the self is maintained.

Actually it's very relevant, Black's quest for power is all to solve the persisting dilemma it faces, the preservation of one's self in a world where everyone is expected to do whatever it takes to preserve their own self.

Which is worse? Somebody getting paid to produce this dreck or Wizards leaving their primary means of conveying storylines in the hands of unpaid interns?

Not going to lie, this makes me want to return to magic.

This? Why? You an edgelord?

No, he's Urza. Seeing the Eldrazi makes him want to fight apocalypses like he did in ye olde times.

Pure black wants power just for the sake of having it. Think of the card Greed. The Paladin lying in the mountain of gold, scoffing at the mere notion of there being such a thing as "enough". Obtaining power as a means to an end is color bleed.

no joke if this happened it would seriously be the best thing written since time spiral where teferis dumb ass brought bolas back.

What would his goals even be? He wouldn't be a walker.