Grey Knight brotherhood creation thread

1d4chan.org/wiki/Grey_Knight_Brotherhood_Creation_Table

Who here is up for making a Grey Knight brotherhood?

First roll:
>Brotherhood Origin (d10)

Rolled 2 (1d10)

The Brotherhood was created after the 9th Astartes (Knight-Errant) picked by Malcador the Sigillite at the time of the Grey Knight's inception.

>Knight-Errant's Original Chapter (d100)

Rolled 21 (1d100)

Space Wolves

Ok we got the Wolves

>Secrecy and Inquisitorial Relationship (d10)

Rolled 9 (1d10)

They've been cut off from the Chapter, having been lost in the warp, or maybe simply become stranded somehow with no way to return. No dealings with the Inquisition.

We lone wolves! Pun intended...

>Knight's Ages (d12)

Rolled 7 (1d12)

Experienced members mainly. Veterans and older warriors make up a good bulk of the Brotherhood.

Makes sense since we are all by ourselves

>Grand Master Personality (d4)

Rolled 1 (1d4)

Extroverted. Goes by his gut feeling on things. Lead's by example and combat. The extravagant knight.

>Personal Creed? (d6)

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Faith above all - "The Emperor is with me and I shall not fear."

Can I get an amen for our lord and savior!!??

>Figure of Legend (d10)

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Amen

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Brotherhood Champion

Now what did he do?
>Deed of legend (d100)

Rolled 75 (1d100)

67-77 The Grey Knight demolished a huge amalgamation of Daemon and Metal and sent it back to the warp with it's servant daemons reeling from the repercussions

That's pretty metal!

>Fleet size? (d6)

Rolled 3 (1d6)

A couple, or a few cruisers. They also have a good amount of supporting strike craft.

>Current Terminator Size (d20)

Rolled 2 (1d20)

2 Terminator Squads (Needs reinforcing)

>Current Interceptor Size (d20)

Rolled 3 (1d20)

3 Interceptor Squads (Low but okay)

we are getting some bad rolls here. But maybe it is intended since we are a cut of brotherhood fighting by ourselves the unknowns of the void and the warp

>Current Purgation Size (d20)

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Great, a lot of these shitty guys

6 Purgation Squads (High)

>Current Strike Size (d20)

Rolled 18 (1d20)

6 Strike Squads (High)

>Current Dreadnoughts (d10)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

3 Dreadnoughts (Above Average)

>Overarching Brotherhood Strategy (d12)

Rolled 8 (1d12)

Intense Firepower - Blasting the enemies from mid range with their stormbolters, special weapons, and psychic blasts before the inevitable assault.

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

>Preferred Daemonic Enemies (d12)

Rolled 4 (1d12)

Fitting, since we pack many heawy weapon guys.

Nurgle - The rotten plague and wretched battles against the daemons of Nurgle have caused it to be the most disgusted great enemy of the Brotherhood

Ok that was the last roll. Here are a fe things in order to get the fluffing started:

Custom heraldry and paint job? (good idea to keep the base color silverish/greyish)

Grand Master name + title, and ship names.

What general mentality does this Brotherhood have towards other Organizations?

Do they prefer certain weapons, do they have any notable relics?

Areas of the galaxy they like to crusade at?

relationships with other Brotherhoods and the Paladin/Purifier orders?

Custom heraldry. Maybe instead of red as a secondary color. Green, because they fight nurgle a ton. I'd say they since they fight nurgle a lot they would also have a lot of incinerators on their strike squads and such. Maybe a good relationship with purifiers.

Since we don't deal with the Inquisition I'd say we dislike most other organizations as well. Although maybe the mechanicus gives us custom gasmasks to fight nurgle.

How the fuck can you roll up something that has been described down to the exact squad makeup of any given brotherhood in their codex? This is like rolling an Ultramarines company.

Easy. It doesn't have to be the present company. GKs have been around for ten thousand years, some things are bound to have changed.

>Green, because they fight nurgle a ton
Nah, I don't like the idea of wearing enemies' colours.

Maybe use icons of a flame and a hammer to signify our preferred strategy of blsting enemies with big guns?

Because there's no way to do a successor for grey knights using their models lorewise. Unlike space wolves or blood angels successors who can take and use those.

What about the exorcists?

Exorcists don't use Grey Knights weapons/units and use regular marines and the regular marine codex. They aren't even all psykers. They are basically a regular marine chapter with a couple cool lore things that differentiate them.

They are Grey knight successors, though, right? Surely that's justification for using their armor