>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Favorite deck?
>Your local Meta?
>Next MTG Purchase?

The updated Modern Metagame is below.

Other urls found in this thread:

modernnexus.com/topdecks/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hunted-thing-in-the-ice/
youtube.com/watch?v=70cbNJrs2Xw
mtggoldfish.com/deck/432479#paper
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-eldrazi-taxes#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grixis-griselvengeance-no-shoal/
sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/deckshow.php?event_ID=36&t[event]=28&start_date=2016-06-18&end_date=2016-06-19&city=&order_1=finish&limit=8&t_num=1&action=Show Decks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The overall Modern Metagame.

Information on Tiers and how they're calculated:
modernnexus.com/topdecks/

Direct link to the spreadsheet:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml

Emrakul new Tron staple meme.

The paper Modern Metagame.

Let come the autists saying that new emrakul is good for modern

We tron now.

newrakul is the best card in modern that allows you to lose the game by wasting 13 fucking mana on a shitty mindslaver

>mind slaver is a 13/13 flyer with trample and protection from instants

Veeky Forums retards, everyone

That can actually cost ~5 mana.

>Can be countered
>is useless with RiP
>Mindslaver is better and sees 0 play
Did you bought ou TiTi's at 25 dollars each?

what do i need to do to this deck to make it viable in a casual/slightly competitive setting?
not expecting to win every game, i would be happy with 1/3
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hunted-thing-in-the-ice/

How good now is Skred? I think to buy this deck, only expensive cards are blood moons. What do u think?

Wait, people still play this trash format? Just play legacy of you want something that is actually skill-testing, fun, and competitive

>doesn't require anus mana

SASUGA WIZARDS

I assume you're not going to accept that it's garbage an you shouldn't be playing this in modern.

The manabase looks awful. Get some shocks and fetches to replace those terrible Choked Estuaries.Sign in blood would probably be better off as Read the Bones even. Also replace the Deprives with Remands. Maybe add Tasigur and Gurmag Angler.

Honestly, just scrap this shit and build a deck that has put up tournament results. There is no way this could ever be considered "viable".

Asshole mana actually makes me upset, every card just needed the line "at least x needs to be paid in colorless mana". No erratas, no new special rules. There's literally no reason why you wouldn't do it that way.

Read the bones is pretty good in the right deck desu.

>it's the same shitter from the other thread

Lol, what a mongoloid.

Because that would be ugly as fuck and take up space on dozens of cards. Its not that hard to understand.

I want to get started in modern, never played the format before and have been away from magic for a long time, would be a burn deck a good idea to start with?

It seems like it isn't extremely expensive yet powerful enough, I also like red.

Would a card based on well known people in the MTG community be balanced?

Kill yourself.

As awful as this post is, a UU costed planeswalker looks fucking T A S T Y.
Would even settle for a colorshifted Tibalt.

Yes it would. I don't know how budget naya burn even is anymore, but you could probably make a cheaper list that would be alright for a new player.

I was looking at some lists and while I don't mind dishing money for a deck have to pay 300€ of lands alone is pretty annoying, how much of an impact do these dual lands have in modern? I can understand need untapped mana t1 in legacy, but it seems that it could work fine even with taplands in modern.

Burn is a fast deck. It's retarded to do nothing on turn one

I know, but with some tuning chances of having taplands turn 1&2 are slim, turn 3&4 however I would have to play them.

>mongoloid
I'm not the one saying this will be playable, shitter. go play limited with your garbage

With burn you either play fetches and shocks or go monored. Dont play taplands.

Fuck off.

This. If you're too poor for shocklands, just go monored.

>How good now is Skred? I think to buy this deck, only expensive cards are blood moons. What do u think?
Bump

Guess I'll go for that then, thanks.

I 4-0 with my list but I've been playing it for awhile.
It has good matchups against creature decks and jund.

Wilted abzan and ad nauseum are it's worst matchups.

Don't run mind stone. You only need 3 moons. Reckoner is boss. Skin invasion is super secret tech.

May I see your list?

As a long time Standard player I want to get into modern but I'm really torn about what deck to build.

The pricetag of a competitive deck is so much higher than in Standard that I really just can't decide what to pick. I fear to be desapointed or get bored with my deck after only a few games.

As a Modern veteran, what deck would you advise for someone that looks for a fun yet strong deck requiring some good thinking.

I like Mardu but it's not really high tier... I was thinking maybe Kiki-Chord. Idk, what do you think ?

Answer these first:

>Are you alone or do you have a playgroup?
>Do you plan to play in sanctioned events?>What are your favorite Standard decks?
>How much are you ready to pay?
>Have you seen some Modern matches before? Paper and/or online, streams, YouTube, etc.
>What decks among interest you?

"skill testing"
decks in legacy winning on turn 1

do you even?

>Are you alone or do you have a playgroup?

I have a playgroup

>Do you plan to play in sanctioned events?

Only FNM for now.

>What are your favorite Standard decks?

In current Standard I play Sultai Seasons Past but my favourite deck is Green Aurora

>How much are you ready to pay?

Money isn't an issue

>Have you seen some Modern matches before? Paper and/or online, streams, YouTube, etc.

I've spectated some matches at FNMs and seen plenty of videos online, mainly tourneys on WOTC's youtube channel

>>What decks among interest you?

Summoning Trap, Grixis Delvers and Kiki Chord. I also like Mardu which isn't on this list but is very similar to Jund.

I will post later when I'm home

What a retarded shitter you are, you're probably one of these scrubs who despite having a top tier overcostly deck still get BTFO by everyone for how shit they are kek

>Pick up 4 of this
youtube.com/watch?v=70cbNJrs2Xw
>Get all the decks

You are one of these who bought TiTi at 25 bucks, and aslo one of those who tought myth realized would break vintage

Stop crying about getting BTFO by Slivers with your Jund deck and git gud shitter.

I'd rather not. I don't want to risk getting banned from my lgs even if the chance I get caught is really slim. Also I don't trust chinaman to deliver either.

I just one one fun deck to play.

>I have a playgroup
If you have a playgroup, then the best advice I can give you is for you and your group to print out a few competitive decks and try stuff. Once you find the deck you like the most, start building it. Try to grab a deck that has staples that go in multiple decks, like Kiki Chord's Noble Hierarch and Restoration Angel.

>Only FNM for now.
FNM level depends on the store. Some local metas are pretty hardcore, and some are fairly easy. Mardu definitely has a fighting chance there.

>In current Standard I play Sultai Seasons Past but my favourite deck is Green Aurora
Based on your Standard preferences, try looking for Devotion Green.
>mtggoldfish.com/deck/432479#paper
It's around Tier 3, it's an alright deck. Proxy that deck before buying it if it really interests you.

>Money isn't an issue
Money not an issue? That's great. I heavily encourage buying a deck that can easily be transformed into something else if you are bored. Like Kiki Chord becoming an Abzan Company deck, or something. Just because it's not an issue doesn't mean you should spend big whenever you want to build a new deck. Not having to play a budget deck really helps though.

>I've spectated some matches at FNMs and seen plenty of videos online, mainly tourneys on WOTC's youtube channel
Okay, so I assume the format interests you enough for it to be worthwhile. At this point, I suggest you watch Modern streams whenever you can and see if a deck catches your eye so you can try it out before maybe buying it. Also helps make you a better player, as commentary usually explains why a play is more optimal than another.

>Summoning Trap, Grixis Delvers and Kiki Chord. I also like Mardu which isn't on this list but is very similar to Jund.
Kiki Chord is probably the strongest in that list. Mardu is also good, it's just an awkward Jund and Jeskai hybrid though. Consider proxying both of these decks before trying Mardu out.

TL;DR print whole decks and play

>I don't have arguments, i'm gonna insult you
go play your janky 5 color tier 9 shitbrew, sure you always go 4-0 on your casualfag tourney

Thank you man, that really helps. Will definitely try out green devotion.

Any good streams you would recommend watching ?

Mindslaver can be setup for an infinite loop with Academy Ruins and a whole heap of tron lands. Doesn't need a 13/13 body.

How much does this guy charge ?

To be fair, Mindslaver does get played in U-tron.

I don't think it's THAT bad. But def not as good as everyone thinks

Can anyone rate this budget creatureless UW deck based off of Floch's Azorius deck? I've been playing around with it all weekend, trying to keep the main deck below $100, but I don't know if what's ended up is playable.

4x Azorius Charm
4x Condescend
1x Elixir of Immortality
2x Elspeth, Sun's Champion
4x Flooded Strand
5x Island
2x Jace, Architect of Thought
3x Mana Leak
4x Meandering River
2x Path to Exile
4x Plains
4x Quicken
2x Spell Snare
2x Sphinx's Revelation
2x Spreading Seas
2x Supreme Verdict
4x Temple of Enlightenment
3x Think Twice
4x Tranquil Cove
2x Wrath of God

Sideboard :
2x Celestial Purge
2x Disenchant
2x Dispel
1x Jace, Memory Adept
2x Negate
2x Path to Exile
2x Planar Cleansing
2x Syncopate

Any suggestions/advice?

>thinks his tier 4 deck is good because it beats tier 5 decks

Here's your (you)

dont be a dumbass, by the time you would even be able to play newrakul, you could prob play it for 9/10 mana and thats atleast a couple turns in.
>play new emmy for 10 mana
>take control of opponents turn
>look at hand
>use all the spells
>attack with their creatures (by this time, you should atleast have some board presence with creatures)
>block with your creatures and emmy
>your turn rolls around
>attack with emmy and others

you prob played all their spells, and if not, you know whats in their hand.
but if you did, they are top decking for their next 2 turns and cant do shit cuz you still have a 13/13

>another tournament where Nahiri memes doesn't make top 16

Do people still think the deck is good?

Infect didn't do anything there either, and that deck remains pretty fucking powerful.

How the fuck is abzan a bad matchup for blood moons and removal the deck?

The only deck that could possibly cast newrakul in modern is Tron and I think they have better options. Ulamog seems like a more consistent game winner and if you're gonna play a wincon that costs more than that you might as well play old emrakul.

Seems like a fun commander but I don't think it will be better than the other Eldrazi that tron can already choose from.

100% total casual here, but I think I've found out an interesting combo.

Use creatures that exile things as long as they are in play, process the things in exile, and then flicker to exile more things and/or process more things.

Has anyone else dabbled in this concept? I feel like this idea could really flourish with the proper person building and playing a deck.

Check out Eldrazi Taxes. The deck is very, very similar and it has legs.

>mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-eldrazi-taxes#paper

Thank you for the information, I guess the big problem with the deck I whipped up was how it only focused on that one combo and nothing else.

I'm not entirely certain what you mean when you say it "has legs" though.

So I'd like to get back into MtG, but how should I progress?
Buy some cards in bulk, to get my deck building up again?
Buy some of these new starter packs?
Build some decks online and buy the cards each?
Any advice is appreciated.

It means the deck can compete. It is not "just a random list", it's a real threat.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks again.

Got 3rd dude, and it's still a strong Tier one deck.

So I can't decide between running read the bones and pieces of the puzzle in this. Each of them have their upsides, but i'm leaning more towards read the bones. Been running it for a while and it works great. Like looking at the extra card and not loosing life with pieces, although you can't keep an any creatures or planeswalkers with it.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grixis-griselvengeance-no-shoal/

That's weird, that list doesn't show up on SCGs official results list:

sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/deckshow.php?event_ID=36&t[event]=28&start_date=2016-06-18&end_date=2016-06-19&city=&order_1=finish&limit=8&t_num=1&action=Show Decks

SCG fucked up man.

Is RG werewolves good/fun/viable?

I assume painful truths it out of the question?

Or something like a DQ happened.

Yeah, I tried it but I like the card selection of read the bones better. Also that one life can be relevant sometimes.

good point well my vote is for pieces of the puzzle. 1 in ten times you lose lili but I feel like every other time you want creatures in the yard anyways. Plus digging through the top 5 is just more efficient for finding vengeance/through the breach than scry 2

I haven't played with/against any in a long time but werewolves are probably the most technically interesting tribe MTG has to offer.

Looking at Ulrich, there might be some baller werewolves to play with from the new set.

Im not that guy but I fucking love that picture.

try reddit m8
people here are dicks and will just tell you your deck is shit but not help

>tfw I really wanted myth realized to be good

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on MTG Lion?

Is he based?

>esper zur 6th

Joke tournaments don't count.

His channel is a bunch of worthless memeshit.

Even fucking AznEyes is a better gook card channel.

Alright boys I'm building Dredge in legacy, so the question is: Original border or new boarder?

>dredge

Why play a deck that gets completely shit on by a single low cost card?

>Ulamog seems like a more consistent game winner
It seems right versus control and still a certain colored control (mindslave a grixis is sweet, an esper is shit)

They might be fun but they definitely aren't viable in modern.

Old border, it's not like dredge's pile of bulk isnt expensive once you have LEDs, go foil while you're at it, the busted commons from RAV aren't too pricey.

Also make sure you get Future Sight Bridges. It sounds like one of those stupid spergy "pro tips," but it is legitimately nice to be able to quickly and accurately count your Bridges when there's a cardboard equivalent of a dumpster fire spread out in front of you.

Before you make any other changes...
>-2 Swamp
>-2 Plains
>+4 Eldrazi Temple

But it is good in vintage

So my local meta is literally 90% memes. Fucking name it, someone plays it.

>Melira
>Jeskai
>Zoo
>Eldrazi
>Fishfucks
>Goblins
>All of the meme flavors of Tron, not RG tho
>Storm
>Sisters
>Fucking Skred
>That one guy that bakes a brew every week
>Holy shit theres a guy that plays Eggs somehow
>People currently building Ad Naus and Dredgevine

Here I am on BGx flavors, trying to dodge Tron and figure out what the fuck my opponents deck is trying to meme me with each round before there's 50 goblins up my ass or the combo players start stroking.

Its a blast, and playing to grind and race every game works fairly well, but what kind of build/sideboard should I run for meme.meta?

Should I go the GP route and play with safe options that shore up what I think Ill see?

Or just load up a 15 shot revolver with silver bullets and hope I draw the right memeslayer?

How viable is this card in Modern?

>that would be ugly as fuck

What the fuck is considered "non-meme"? BGx variants?

>haha I will just call everything a meme then maybe I'm funny
nice meme you memelord memes

Your meta sounds fuckin' swell. I myself am brewing all sorts of dank memedecks. I play Esper Spirits tribal, Gitrog Loam Dredgevine and a Bant Planeswalker / Enchantment based deck named Oathkeepers after the Oath cycle in OGW.

That said, to survive in the meme jungle of the meme meta, you gotta single out the alpha memes, the ones that consistently top at FNM. Those are the ones you are most likely to go against at later rounds if you win your matches.

Its also important to sideboard specifically for the decks yours is at a disadvantage with, doubly so if they are dominant too. You don't sideboard for the decks your deck can take on by itself after all.

It's important to have a failsafe in your sideboard that constitutes a general answer to a variety of threats. Since I don't have to worry about neither control nor aggro I have a couple answers for Affinity, Lantern Control and Tron specifically and answers to combo and midrange in particular.

So yeah, it's neither approach, but a mix of both.

>Melira
>Jeskai
>Zoo
>Eldrazi
>Fishfucks

So T1/T2 decks are memes?