New Tabletop Roleplaying Game

Hi fa/tg/uys.

I haven't been on here in a really long time, and I don't know if Veeky Forums still gets things done, but I was inspired 5 years ago to write a game of my own.

The character sheet for the game is attached. Let me know if you'd like to see more. I'll be posting a few other things. I need feedback on the game, and I've sort of started a patreon for it, but I'm probably not going to link to it here.

Everything about this game was personally written or made by me.

Epic bait. Gilgamesh is looking at that and thinking to himself
>Damn, I could only top that on a good day.

I'm not sure how this is bait. I just want people to play my game. Posting some rules in this and the next few posts.

This probably isn't formatted particularly well, and it's not in anything like a book format, so I'd like to know if this is intelligible to anyone else.

Sell me on it. Why should I play your system instead of someone else's?

I have about 40 pages of rules written for the game, not including stuff I'm still working on.

I've worked really hard on balancing the game's numbers.

The combat system is active and engaging, using Action and Movement points instead of rolling Initiative and taking turns.

The game is High Fantasy with the intent to make character's grow ridiculously powerful and be playable for as long as you want to play them. I haven't quite gotten the playable forever part down, but the ridiculously powerful part seems to be coming along nicely.

I'm trying to design the game and the rules to be fairly simple to get into and use, but complex and rewarding if you invest time into learning and exploiting them.

Anywhere I can make synergy within the system, I try to.

I've played it a couple times with some people to get preliminary feedback and gotten extremely positive and constructive feedback, but they had me there to explain the rules and keep everything in order, so that information may be baised.

My eyes are glazing over just by looking at that character sheet.

Keep It Simple, Stupid

Nice to see someone decided to make a sequel to F.A.T.A.L. Good work OP, I hope you get the money you're looking for!

I'm not much of a writer, but I love me some game mechanics. I'm usually the GM for my groups, no matter what we play, so I figured I'd make something that's much more robust and flexible than what I've seen in other systems.

I'm trying to make anything possible through the game, but I'm only one person so It's taken 5 years to get this far.

This all looks mighty complicated, OP

That looks waaay too crunchy. The more crunch you have, the harder it is to balance everything well, and the more often the GM will have to tweak results or improvise in order to avoid silly, unrealistic results (which defeats the entire purpose of having all those extra rules in the first place). A crunchier system is also going to slow down gameplay and make things less cinematic. But even if you absolutely nailed everything, getting shit dawn near perfect, it would still require a substantial investment of time and effort before somebody would be familiar enough with the game to make that judgment.

Mind you, that's other people learning and playing your game. Games that organically become crunchier and more involved through play can function with a much higher level of complexity. The same thing is true of campaigns where the game's designer is running things.

Of course, I'm basing all of this off of what the character sheet looks like. Maybe shit is simpler and more straightforward than it looks, and the character sheet just makes everything look overly complicated. As it is though, it looks significantly more complicated than D&D 3.5, which is, itself, in the "complete bullisht" range of complexity.

This is all you actually need to play the game. I have just realized it isn't written anywhere how to navigate the sheet, but there are basically only two rules:

Circles are original appearances of a number, and boxes are drawn from somewhere else.

Colors are linked to attributes. The colors a box has indicates the attribute bonus it uses. If a box has more than one color, it uses the highest of those attributes.

OP, I'm only 2 pages in and I'm cracking the fuck up. Holy shit I hope this is really yours this is amazingly convoluted.

>All this random shit then suddenly DnD stats

Im guessing you're a big 3.5 fan but kudos for not just making a 3.5 mod. I can't stop laughing, great stuff

If that's all you need, then why ISN'T THAT ALL THAT THERE IS.

Because he's trolling, idiot.

Magic and Abilities can get a bit complicated, but you can hand-wave items and the system is very solid. There's just a lot of fluff on the two character pages, and some of it doesn't even have rules yet.

That's a nice opinion. What specifically are you confused about?

>me playing DnD
>rogue is my class
>oh look at my char sheet, it's half empty
>I don't use magic anyway

So what's wrong with it if you not using everything?

>If all you need is a group of people and your imagination, then why ISN'T THAT ALL THERE IS.

Because people like having characters with more to them than "He hits real good and takes a long time to die." I'm making rules that cover many of the possibilities of combat. If you'd rather just wing it, you don't have to use those rules.

To be fair, this is my idea of how complicated a character sheet should be.

Is there a unified document for this system? Does it have a name?

I like those character sheets, too, but for different kinds of games. Being freeform is nice when that's what you want, but sometimes you need balanced rules for everything from walking 5 feet to calling thunder and acid from the skies. Different needs for different games.

I have the two page character sheet and a 40 page document with all the rules I've posted and more. I don't know if it will all upload at once, so I'm uploading it piecemeal.

To be fair, even for the paired down version, a third of the sheet might be blank for any given character, especially when not using Magic, since it's such a large block.

The real reason those are extraneous is that they have either incomplete or unnecessary rules or both, which add details to things you might otherwise just add as descriptors, like weapons. They can also add some minor stats to smooth out the game for very low essence characters as they build up.

This is the biggest part: the 19 pages of Abilities, which are a huge chunk of the game.

I'll post the 40 page complete document in a bit, if it will upload. If it won't I'll upload somewhere else and link.

File wasn't as big as I thought.

This is all 40 pages of rules. It doesn't include the character sheets.

And is there fluff for the Hubris system yet?

I think $1 every update is $2 too much, David.