Warhammer 40k General

Orks are the best army in the game - edition

> Codexes
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCghttps://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQ
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCghttps://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's start this thread off with some Bingo.

Also, mega link got broken, here's the proper link for codexes:

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

Would an 1850 point list comprised entirely of 2-3 Start Collecting! Tau Empire and the rest with Start Collecting! Eldar boxes do well?

First for Orks are a strong codex.

How many Imperial Knights is acceptable at 2000 points? I don't plan on using them, but my opponent wants to use some.

How many cultists should get?

2 groups of 10, with no upgrades

then 3 heldrakes, 1 sorceror, a chaos knight, and four daemon princes for that formation

As many as you can bear to see slain, heretic.

They do better than how Veeky Forums treats them, but I wouldn't say they are strong.

the emperor reigned for 200 years, yet his empire lasted 10,000 years...

how is this even possible?

New Bingo here, 3 new tiles.

Repostan for new general:

#
It counts wounds rather than models, so it works with any and all non-grot infantry. I'd love an alternative, if you've one to suggest, that emphasizes the "strength in numbers" approach.

I considered just making it D3 S3 hits for an auto-pass, because the GW chart is pants-on-head retarded.

>post yfw FW will never stop making HH stuff and Knight/Riptide variants

I'm getting pretty butthurt using a trip.

I'm just trying to contribute but all they do is tear you down.

How do you do it?

The High Lords of Terra, Imperial Cult, and Astartes honor his memory.

HH stuff is cool though. Honestly, I'm starting to prefer 30k over 40k. No Tau hate, no ridiculous Eldar units, Chaos/Traitor marines are no longer underpowered, etc.

Though, I don't really care about Knights.

You don't do anything noteworthy.

who.ru

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Which would be the best rule set for representing gangs that inhabit a junkyard?

Skiitari?
Genestealer Cult?
Astra Militarum?

and please don't suggest the extra expensive print only internationally shipped version of AM that isn't even significantly different

IG pretty much the fuck you think a bunch of peasents living in a junkyard would get themselves up to to get the kind of rules skiitari and/or genestealer cults have

In close combat, do you choose which weapon to attack with? Like if I charged in with my Captain I'd get 5 attacks I believe, can I just say all 5 are from his power fist?

Only 20? I was under the impression that I wanted a lot

Actually I'm not that central va. I go to game vault in fredericksburg. I just consider it central because it's half way between Richmond and DC.

You have to actually. No mix and matching weapons when attacking.

can we add these nasty BA models to the general bingo

Mostly because I just want to help people have fun. Assholes are everywhere, & really, nothing spergonaut permavirgins who don't even lift can shit out of their keyboards will mean anything in the long run.

I want to play 40k but my friends don't like Marines and they don't want to work with resin (I can understand the latter).

You're a prick.

at least I program catalogues and write fanfiction. What the fuck have you contributed?

Fucking...

I mean 30k.

>Which would be the best rule set for representing gangs that inhabit a junkyard?
While Genestealer Cult has pretty nice rules, I think Renegades & Heretics would be more fitting

This has been a year without any major releases, and rumors are saying there aren't any major releases planned for the next six months.

What happened?

Reminder that if you want change you have to play SM.

>at least I write fanfiction.
This fucking guy.

Age of Sigmar

Age of sigmar happened.

>GW will never stop making unfluffy Tau battlesuits and Knight equivalents

I want it to end

I remember when I used a secure tripcode.

It was nearly ten years ago and I was underage. What's wrong with you? Just post as user. Tripcodes are actually useful on Veeky Forums, but not for attention-getting, unless you're a faggot. Tripcodes should be used in threads where the OP or players need to keep their identities clear. That's it. There is no other reason.

Why would they neglect their popular IP for a full 12 months in order to shit out a "new" IP based on a dead one?

Then show us some fucking fanfiction, here you fucking go. I'm going to write one right the fuck now, for this general.
> Gazhkull stared at a mirror on the wall of his Space Hulk, the mirror stared back
> He stiffened his back and loudly proclaimed to the Magik mirrur, "MIRRUR MIRRUR ON DA WAAAL, WHOZ DA KILLIEST OV DEM ALL"
> A grot stuck his head out from a hole in the mirror, replying, "Youz Boss iz da Killiest ov dem all! But Gazzie, dere iz one ova who will sumday becum killer den youz."

Can't even keep them out of my DoW 3

>And then Ghazghkull died because he didn't have an invuln save.

Because they want AoS to succeed and be popular? 40k players aren't really going anywhere. But if AoS doesn't launch well then it will be dead in the dirt.

because they thought people would buy their stormcast eternals in space marine numbers but that failed miserably and they don't sell any better than any old WHFB race

>GW being logical
>Ever

kek. They're probably taking the time to decide what to call their Bloodcannon Rapefister Stormelites Oathbreakersworn Notniceguys in the next pointless supplement codex with 1 troop option and 1 HQ.

Cool story, faggot.

Age of Sigmar is a good game though and their models have character.

Is there somewhere I can buy old White Dwarf issues?

I'd like to have the one that has the rules for War Convocation in case I want to play at the new GW that opened in my state.

Thanks, should I tell it again?

>sigmarines
>have character

The AOS shills have arrived

No, it would probably be better if you stopped posting.

> "WHOZ GUNNA BECUM KILLER DEN ME? TELL ME YAZ STOOPID GIT" Gazhkull bellowed at the mirror and the grot behind it.
> The grot, nearly pissing himself, spoke back. "Gazzie, Dere is one! He iz a wite ork who calls hizzelf Speshul Snowflake. 'E lives on a planet da hummiez call Catachan, wiff a mob of seven short humiez."
> Gazhkull krumped the mirror and its grot with his mighty power klaw. After a short snack of the grot, he spat out to his fellow Kaptainz.
> "ALRIGH' GITZ, SET WARP FER CATACHAN, WEZ GUNNA KRUMP A FOOL WHO FINK'S HE'Z BIGGA DEN DA PROFIT"

>The new Orruks don't have character
Right....

>conceded the sigmarine point

No, you fucking retard, he said Age of Sigmar, you went straight for one specific line of models, so I did too.

Are you really this retarded?

Fantasy marines
The new Orcs have Ogre back fat.

Ah, thank you
Like a "Getting Triggered By Newb Models"?

>thinks le golden clone men models have character
>calls others retarded

lovin' every laff

fantasy/sigmar is one of those things that has never held even an ounce of appeal to me for reasons I don't understand

Nominations for most badass model?

I vote DE Archon (with helm)

CSM Daemon Prince

Getting together my army to sell. What's the best way to do it? Craigslist? Ebay? that one subreddit?

Most of the marines are completely custom built units. I bought the bits individually and built them up. Same with the Terminators I turned into obliterators (infront of the rhinos)

I'll be sad to see it go, but there's no way I can finish this, and I have never won a game with this army. Ever.

>have never won a game with this army. Ever.

Unpainted Models Syndrome

>mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCghttps://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

all the codex names are missing, how do I know what is what?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only Frank.

Dis.

Nah m8 I'm just shit at this game and I went up against dudes who actually played the meta, so my army I built for fluff and fun just got trounced every time

Nice conversions and stuff. Too bad you care more about the gaming side than the hobbiest side.

List it on forums if wanna quick sell, ebay if you want more.

Link 1 got fucked up during copying, correct link is in the bingo post immediately below it. Here as well if you're not willing to look

>using kroot one instead of chicken, making it much harder to give it a frank face
>not making the knights, techpriest and regular scion have franks faces
>Not editing the text to say "in the grim frankness of far frankture, there is only frank"
>no ferrus manus what so ever
Shit/10. You fail frank, Dillon and life. Suicide is your only option

I like Orks with beards.

I remember an old White Dwarf that had a mek with beard and pipe.

>there are people in this chat who do not even lift
The Emperor would be ashamed.

The other thread ended, so I will post here.

What are the opinions on dual wielding Daemon Blades for Inquisition? The cost is steep but it looks cool.

Bio-Titans
Talos
Also Reaver Jetbikes are pretty cool

I also love the hellchicken but I'm aware that's a minority opinion

Neckbeard orks are my weakness.

It is a game, after all.

Honestly I think the helmeted Scions are the coolest model out there and I like them way more than Marines (they almost look how I feel Marines SHOULD look).

I REALLY love Cataphractii captains 2bh

>that tau and eldar in the back

Seconding Scions as coolest infantry
(Kabalite Warriors with Reaver globe helmet heads would be my other choice, but that's not stock...)

Thanks. I'm particularly proud of how a few of them turned out. I had a friend do the painting after I did the building.

I had a few rules going into this. Mostly "No faces" and "No flesh" So I had to think of an alternate way to do obliterators. I like the concept, but the execution leaves something to be desired.

God, the mould lines. Fuck. Why didn't I see that before I spray painted.

you might have considered using base models other than terminator lord

>yfw scions have a shit codex

Does anyone have that picture of the old space marine statue shoved under the stairs behind an AoS thing.

Oh well, I'll just buy some and use them as allies for my other Imperial armies or something.

I'll buy them tho

thank you sir

user we both know nobody on Veeky Forums can be trusted

Man, I'm really liking this model. Is it converted? If so, what from? I know absolutely fuck all about Chaos.

Same for this guy in the front middle with the power sword, actually,

I kinda want to start a second army and think Scions look cool. Are they fun to paint? What about using on tabletop?

Don't be a faggot and let your opponent field what he wants. Then customise your list and fuck his bleeding asshole with some hard counters.

(On a serious note, it's really up to you. Knights aren't generally too effective, not compared to what most people would consider cheese. If you know he's bringing them and can make a list to match that, with lascannons or railguns or whatever your guys field, then you will probably get the upper hand.)

The user is implying that you should use cultists to get your troops tax out of the way and then just spam more effective shit.

That's actually built using the Daemon Prince box parts, and then I put some.. Gryphon wings on him, I think it was? And added a mask from the old Defiler kit and Tzeentch symbol on his shoulder pad (It fell off when I moved states, apparently). He also has a book of some kind hanging off his belt from the backside.

If you take some allies they are hella fun. A command squad with plasma weapons giving itself preferred enemy will melt its points in heavy infantry back on the first turn it fires, the tauroxes are awesome, and the whole thing is fragile as heck.

If you have ever seen Deldar played, it is the same thing but with less internal options and slightly better. Grab Inquisition.