Debunk me... please :(

>company in 1-5 years
>“oh nice you can improve our business with your blockchain technology? Wow we want to buy that software!“
>the token company:
>“we dont sell the technology“
>“okay we will pay you millions, just let us use it or work for us“
>“naaah you have to buy this token on etherdelta to run our software“
>“that doesn't make sense, why arent you selling your actual software or let us pay you for working with us"
>"hmmm... nah just buy those tokens"
>"well ok sell them to us"
>"naaah we don't have them, you have to buy them from random neets on the internet, they will sell them to you for 25x of the original price"
>"oh ok then, thanks we will do that"

How is this shit realistic? Even if an ICO has a great product/software behind it, why would companies buy our overpriced tokens to run their business?
Debunk me please... I hold some tokens.

>please :(
>:(
no.

Well thats the thing
Its one big bubble about to pop
You can still earn some money on retarded neets but know when to exit

:(

makes perfect sense. this is why all these shitutilitytokens flooding the market are worthless.

i work in corporate finance. if i went to my boss with this shit he'd fucking laugh in my face.

currency based coins are worthwhile as they solve a need of being able to bet against FIAT/traditional currency and all that other cool shit like feeless, user, etc.

no company is going to take any utility coin serious. if they want block chain validation..
ready for it?....
THEYLL JUST MAKE THEIR FUCKING OWN BECAUSE ITS OPEN SOURCE AND THEY HAVE A MARKET CAP OF 100BILLION

Why do people trade Apple stocks? A bunch of basement dwellers were trading them for 100 times less then the current price some decades ago.

share in a company != a token for some shitty technology you're trying to license

The thing is that I really believe in some of the projects (for example INS) but I see no reason in creating tokens for the service.
It seems more and more like a scam and an investing bubble and if a project really makes it they will just work for fiat, sell their tokens and drop their original support base.

You don’t need an Apple share to play a song on your iTunes you absolute retard.

Exactly my thoughts...

This:

this is exactly the analogy that knocks the knees out from utility token projects.

>be apple
>open itunes
>want to buy a song?
>40 APPL TOKENS
but why cant i just pay $1?
>SORRY WE ONLY TAKE APPL TOKENS
uhhh i just want to listen to music? how much are 40 APPL TOKENS?
>40 APPL TOKENS ARE CURRENTLY $1
okay cool i'll just buy 40 APPL tokens from you and download the song, where do i buy them?
>SORRY CANT BUY THEM HERE, GOTTA BUY THEM FROM INVESTORS
okay cool whats the investor website to buy the 40 APPL TOKENS?
>sorry you actually need to setup an exchange account, prove your identity and purchase 40 APPL TOKENS at market price, theyre all already sold to people
uhhhh okay maybe ill just listen to the radio.

Holy fuck I never thought of this. SELL SELL SELL!!!!

And the biggest problem is that the reason why people invest right now is they hope the company makes it big and they become rich. Meanwhile only two scenarios are possible:
>company doesn't make it, investors lose money
>company makes it and sells out to fiat or even bitcoin, investors lose all their money

The only way to make money here is on the way to the top and you drop your bags on the way.

You don't get it the original price is irrelevant. You're not saving any money by creating a new token with the exact same technology as the old one. Even if you shake of all the people holding the original.

the only way i dont see this as 100% exactly true is for a token like SALT

SALT is creating their own product that utilizes their shittoken
SALT is going to give you a discount on their platform for using this shittoken

>incentive created to utilize shit token and not fiat

still risky and 100% agree with buying low and just trying to drop bags at the top, but at least theres some fucking semblance of an end game.

>what is standardization

You non-engineers have no idea how important and stressed standards are in any industry...

Explain to dummy autists please

This
They will hire some neck beard to run their own subchain
Muh partnerships

>he's betting that certain industries will utilize X project as a standard instead of all coming together and just forming their own standard based on the tech. its so naive its cute.

idk why i greentexted. point stands

>wow cool company. I want to buy a part ownership!
>ok itll be about 100k for 1% ownership
>heres my money
>naahhhh you have to buy stocks in the company
>so sell me some stocks
>nahhhh we are not selling our shares, you have to buy them from a stock exchange where random other people are selling them for 25x their initial price
>oh okay then thanks I will do that

How is this shit realistic?

extremely realistic

market sets price of what they think the companys past, current and future worth will be by buying and selling portions of it.

doesn't relate to crypto at all, because we arent buying a portion of the project, we're buying some shitty little token that will be USED in the project you dense fucking autist.

you work in finance but you fail to realize that a company rather outsources and goes to buy those tokens instead of trying to invent their own shit. cause usually, inventing your own version of something is a fuckin waste of time when it's already been professionally done.

Also, utility tier tokens will actually moon next year.

you are just some office pleb you have no idea about how retarded you and your bosses actually are.

You also have no idea how hard it is to build something like this on your own being some company. it's a lot more easy to buy stuff than to build stuff.

Something to add:
When a competitor to SALT does the same thing but accepts every currency equally, most people will just use that service because they don't have to go through the ass pain of getting a buying a token you can only use for one thing.
Also it would be automatically cheaper because they would have a constant discount from the perspective of salt.

I agree with 99% of this, but I still think that some looney libertarian-types will pick an arbitrary coin that they can use because "decentralization" and "muh goberment", etc etc.

> i work in corporate finance. if i went to my boss with this shit he'd fucking laugh in my face.
Jesus and you're still this clueless on how adoption works? This is why you'll spend the rest of your life doing what your boss tells you to like some office drone.

>he's running a company
>he's talking to some dude about blockchains without knowing what blockchains are or how they work even remotely, but he's willing to pay millions of dollars for it. ok
>this company owner doesn't have an it guy he can trust to talk to him about blockchain. large enough company and he's got an entire department to handle this shit

how do you think the world works op? is it just a bunch of morons running around shouting at each other and bumbling into things? nothing planned, no experts consulted, just a total free for all. sounds fun, but thats not how it works.

But you will have to completely rely on the project bosses to be consistent and keep the token value up.
Isn't that the same problem fiat has? If the gov decides to print dollars you're fucked, if it says dollars aren't the official currency your fucked.
How are those tokens different from that?

normie will just press BUY APPL TOKENS and then a bot will purchase from you, kinda like you can buy tokens on changelly with a credit card.

i work in corporate finance, not finance. big difference you fucking faggot.

>you work in finance but you fail to realize that a company rather outsources and goes to buy those tokens instead of trying to invent their own shit. cause usually, inventing your own version of something is a fuckin waste of time when it's already been professionally done.

outsourcing happens when the following conditions are met:
1. cost efficiency
not cost efficient to buy this shit on the open market - would take corporate dev/BA team a few months to make their own.
2. reward outweighing risk
the possibility of any negative impact being small in that area. (we see this with entry level stuff, as well as coding [because its cheaper to just QA it])

so let's take millions of dollars, dump it into some weird project in an area that has literally formed in the past few years, buy tokens on an open market at a massive upside, all to solve a problem we've been bandaiding for 10+ yrs.

OR

lets just put our internal dev team on top of it, outsource the coding to india for pennies on the dollar and solution our own problems.

do you know why in house software is used in corporate america? because it's cheaper to just make what you want by yourself rather than having someone tailor their already created product to fit your needs.

>wage cuck you make 150k a year sitting in a office working 3 hrs a day while you trade crypto and watch netflix waaaaaah my tokens will make me rich some day

You are an idiot. I work in corporate finance tech and we only adopt open source technology OOTB. Simple upgrades when new releases come. Maintaining a company specific implementation of an open source app is too expensive.

of course I know its realistic idiot
thats why I wrote it

lets assume a company doesnt pay any dividends. what gives its stock any value? The people buying the stock are generally not trying to assume majority control over the company right? but the fact that a majority share of the stocks is required in order to have a majority share in the company and thus "own" the company is what gives them value. Someone trying to take over the company will have to buy the shares from current holders.

So its the same thing with the crypto market. You want to use some DApp that requires ETH to run. You need to buy ETH. The majority of poeple holding ETH are not trying to run any applications, they are just holding them because there is some theoretical value based on demand for the ETH.

its the same fuckin thing you dense fucking autist

Reading topic list for 70% of this thread:
Smart Contracts
Protocols
Automatic Currency Conversion Services and Liquidity Pools (can enable end users to as far as they are concerned only pay in their local fiat currency).

If you still don't understand, exit crypto. Pure currencycoins is the most useless fad in crypto and basically you're too fucking retarded to know what is going to moon based on its fundamentals or not once it goes live.

FUCK. DELETE THIS

ive been wondering about this aswell considering i hold lots of link
i think the thing with link tho is that companies will be given link at a discounted rate tho so that wont be an issue
so i think its a non issue for chainlink in particular but i do wonder about other companies doing similar things with their tokens
i dont think some of these faggots thought their shit thru to execution desu

bumping for an elite explanation

I know everything except protocols... what do they have to do with it?

>Smart Contracts
>Protocols
>Automatic Currency Conversion Services and Liquidity Pools (can enable end users to as far as they are concerned only pay in their local fiat currency).

none of those need a utility token though
i love the idea of decentralized exchanges btw. but I dont see why they couldnt just use bitcoin instead of some shitty utility token.

>implying most token's don't have stashes set aside for corporate use
>implying most developer's aren't creating platforms and software that allows for simple integration with partners
>implying that this software won't be designed to be insanely simple for the companies using the tokens

Even if they DID have to buy from the market, most companies have enough buying power to push the price insanely low before they buy any

Do you realize how the blockchain technology works right? If there is no shitokens, then there is no incentive for random nobodies to host a node for that platform.

You would have to pay for a centralized server in which at that point stops being blockchain technology and becomes a fucking regular software with regular servers. Of course discarding all the benefits from blockchain.

Im answering you because I truly think you are mentally challenged and not just baiting me.

The fun part about that is crypto kids think it's the only way for a project to have value.
Modum will use fiat with their customers then share the profit with holders but that's what every one is FUDing and why they don't invest and it's still 5x smaller than walton.

Things will change.

>inventing
it's open source

No I understand what blockchain is. The thing is most ICO projects use blockchain not as currency but for other forms of transaction and somehow shove the token into the system for pajeets to buy.

Your angle is confusing me OP, this is like a company buying the internet to use it... they can make their own private network, but sometimes they need shit on the publics network, like if they need to send an email to a different company

>100BILLION
That’s peanuts compared to where crypto is going. Grow a brain before you start caps-locking all over my board.

Terrible comeback. He destroyed you utterly with his reply and this is the best you can come back with? Brainlet.

Blockchain is currently only useful if you need trustless ledgers and smart contracts. On the one hand it opens up a lot of transactions people wouldn't normally otherwise engage in. On the other, it's not like this is going to replace the international banking system or contracts as they currently exist.

We've still got like a decade before smart contracts catch on, but we could see some currency adopted on a corporate level at some point just so the world can stop worrying about what the US is doing as far as their monetary/fiscal policy.

This is what is already happening. Google blockchain as a service. U'll get ibm, microsoft etc offering custom blockchain solutions to customers' needs. That's where the real business will happen. Maybe iota as a universal iot platform and some anonymous currency like monero will survive

thats not how it will be.
it will still say 1USD but in the backround it will be converted to apple coins and they will do the transaction in the backround.

>outsource the coding to india for pennies on the dollar
and the pajeets have access to the open sourced code making it 100x easier to build

wow, the brainlett finally figured out it was all a cash grab

>shove the token into the system for pajeets to buy.
Yes fucktard, thats what makes possible to have a several thousands nodes to sustain the blockchain. If not it wouldnt be decentralized or secure

is it just me or did this thread prove that Veeky Forums is actually more retarded than anyone ever though?

this does happen sometimes actually! and those are failed businesses
the ones that succeed are the ones where renting via the shittoken is a better deal than building it yourself
the better your moat, the more realistic this is