Shinobi Quest #16

Shinobi Quest #16

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime and friends set out from the Valley of the End towards the Land of Hot Springs. Along the way, they discovered a village under attack by frightening monsters that nobody present had ever seen. The creatures cut a bloody swathe through the village, seemingly killing the peasants at random; all while exulting their master- someone called Lord Orochimaru. Opting to not get involved, the shinobi party fled towards Yugakure, the stop for the night. Tsuki and Hinata both seemed to suffer from horrible dreams….

The next day, the team headed towards Reisui Village, home of the client and the victims of the bandits you were to hunt. Reaching the village without incident, Tsuki was able to gather information from a fruit merchant, at the price of a pouch full of fruit. Returning to the others, a plan was formed to lure out the bandits-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wSAp991JIVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

“Forward, peasants! Onward towards Yugakure! The Norihime Family doesn’t pay you to simply idle around!”

Lee and Guy immediately begin to pull the cart. Guy seems like he’s enjoying himself, while Lee is loudly huffing and puffing as he struggles to keep pace with his sensei.

“Faster! Faster! 10,000 Ryo for you both if we make it there before nightfall! Ohohohohohohoho!~”

The speed at which Lee and Guy are pulling increases, and you begin thundering down the southern road….

------------------------------------

The plan seems to be going well- at least, you’re having fun. You haven’t run into any bandits, but you’re sure the plan is foolproof. How could they resist?
Sakura and Hinata seem to be enjoying themselves, playing at being your “ladies-in-waiting”, and taking a moment now and again to tease Sasuke as he drives the carriage- you join in as well. He deserves it for grumbling.

Nori is peering out the window; she doesn’t seem particularly interested in the fun. Maybe she’s focused on the mission, or maybe it’s something else?

You…

1. Ask Nori what’s on her mind
2. Leave her be, be on alert.
3. Continue to tease Sasuke with Hinata and Sakura

>1. Ask Nori what’s on her mind

Occasionally tease the sauce.

>2. Leave her be, be on alert

Chatting up the Nori.

Writing.

>3. Continue to tease Sasuke with Hinata and Sakura

Bully him for Danzo.

You decide to leave Hinata and Sakure to it- they’ve got him under control.

You shuffle around a bit so you’re sitting on Nori’s side of the carriage.

“Hey, what’s up? You usually love teasing people. I figured you’d jump at the chance to take Sensei’s brother down a notch.” you say with a smile.

“Hm? Oh, yeah. Normally I would. I’m just kinda pondering over what you and Hinata were talking about. I didn’t see it, but I can’t help but thinking, was it the right thing to do? Just leaving those people to die like that? I’m sure my dad would’ve rushed in to save them, acting the hero. That would be very like him.”

You respond…

1. We aren’t exactly on the Fourth’s level…
2. We had a mission to complete.
3. It wouldn’t have mattered- not against what you saw.
4. You’re right, maybe we should tried to help…
>Write-In

> We aren't exactly on the Fourth's level...
> And we have a mission to complete...
> But maybe you're right

>2. We had a mission to complete.
But
>3. It wouldn’t have mattered- not against what you saw.

Village comes first Nori

>1. We aren’t exactly on the Fourth’s level…

>5.We'd only have been a liability out there.

>We're Genin. If we'd jumped in, we'd be forcing our Sensei to try and win the fight...we can't save everyone. I...don't want to lose another Sensei...

>1. We aren’t exactly on the Fourth’s level…>2. We had a mission to complete.

This order, deadpan.

>Write-In
"Right? I don't know. I didn't like leaving those people, but we wouldn't have stood a chance against those creatures as we are now. Just got to get stronger right?"

Mixture of 1, 2 & 3

Writing.

"It was a shitty situation. If we went in there not all us were going to make it back. That's why we are getting stronger yeah?"

Nori's Hot Dad list:
Shikaku
Inoichi
Our dad

Way too formal:
Fugaku
Hiashi

Lol:
Chōza

“You didn’t see those things, Nori. I’m sure Itachi-sensei and Guy could’ve beaten some of them- but there were so many… we would’ve been a liability. I won’t ever be one again, Nori. Besides, if any of us got hurt, we wouldn’t have been able to complete our mission. Maybe if we were the Fourth’s level, we could run in and play hero- but I’m more worried about our survival. That includes you too, Nori.” You explain.

She frowns.

“Yeah, I know. I shouldn’t have doubted what Itachi-sensei said. You’re all about the mission, at any rate. I get it, they’re important, but we should try to help folks to, you know? That’s being human. That’s what Naruto says anyway.”

You can’t say you agree with that philosophy- you just hope that her brother’s propensity towards action over caution doesn’t get him killed one day.

“They’re here” Sasuke growls from the front of the carriage- this causes both you and Nori to snap out of your dreary conversation.

“Hold there, travelers! If you’re coming along the southern road, surely you know of the toll that must be paid?” You hear a voice say outside.

You…

1. Let Sasuke handle the talking
2. Step out of the carriage to talk to the ruffians.

>2. Step out of the carriage to talk to the ruffians.

Like were not going to play this character every chance we get

2. Step out of the carriage to talk to the ruffians.

Maximum Ohohoho, but send a clone not actually ourselves just in case they take a cheap shot

>2
Ask Sauske if he want's to burn some of that stress he's been building and Follow our Clone to talk with the bandit.

>3. Send out a clone to talk to the Ruffians

> A toll? What toll? Ew, Tai, someone, get a blanket, I don't want to get my shoes muddy. Oh, and prep the tea, I want tea. You were saying about the toll?
Make us seem cushy as possible and then we can kick their asses.

Seconding this. We are weak and adorable. Bathe in their blood later

I hope we are wearing a glove so if they kiss our hand in an attempt to smooth talk us we can take it off and burn it, filthy, disgusting, unclean peasants.

Time for ohohohoho

Writing

But using a Shadow Clone right?

We'll be fine. If anything, they're going to kidnap us for ransom, not randomly shoot us.

I don't want to be a hostage. Besides, they might be missing nin.

We already found out they're regular dudes, just well-armed with our dad's tech

backing

Let me rephrase. They're going to TRY and kidnap us for ransom, then fail utterly because we're a ninja surrounded by a bunch of other ninja.

Remember what happened on the last 'Easy' mission?

Don't be a paranoid schizophrenic, user. The statistical likelihood of that happening is next to none. Guy and Itchie are right next to us in or on the carriage, so there should not be a problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=wSAp991JIVs

Before Sasuke has time to speak, the act takes over.

“Oh dear, Ko, have we been waylaid? Whatever is the matter?” You say, pouring it on as thick as you dare.

“Yes, Milady. They say there is a toll.” Sasuke responds somewhat in-character, to his credit.

“A toll? Oh my. Put the tea on, Ko. I shall speak to these men- ladies, if you would.”

Sakura, Hinata and Nori all exit the carriage, spreading a large sheet on the bare earth.

It’s Sakura that announces you- good girl.

“Make way for her ladyship, the heiress of the glorious Norihime Conglomerate! Bow your heads, peasants, you stand before royalty! Mistress Tsuki, we await thee.”

“Not before my tea, dear. Ohohohohoho!~” you retort. You’re probably enjoying this a little too much.

Sasuke appears nearby the door, holding a teacup you bought from the inn. Surprisingly, there’s actual tea in the cup, and it looks hot.

Might as well get this show going…

You wrap a furry scarf around yourself, and don a pair of sheer black gloves- again, bought using your travel funds- and take a step down off the carriage. Sasuke offers up the tea, and you take the cup. The girls all kneel before you, and Sasuke bows.

“Now, I understand you folks mentioned some toll?” you say haughtily. Looking at them, they definitely look the part of highwaymen- and you can see some of the kunai launchers strapped to their backs.

“Why yes ma’am, we-”

“Ah-ah, peasant. Not before I’ve had a drink to soothe my aching throat. Very uncouth, making a lady come all this way.” you say, holding up a single finger.

The men seem totally confused- good.

>You’re probably enjoying this a little too much.

NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!

You take a drink of the tea- it tastes utterly vile. He’ll need to work on that. But a lady doesn’t spit.

You swallow the liquid, then look at the men expectantly.

“Well, come on then. I don’t have all day. Out with it!” you say, turning up the heat.

“W-well you see, we’re here collecting the toll for the upkeep of the southern road….” the man in front starts- you tune him out. Looking around, you see about 10 other men, in various positions around the carriage. Not enough.

“Upkeep? Surely you don’t mean to charge me for using this track of dirt! Look at my poor manservants!” you say, pointing to Guy and Lee, who are both shirtless. When did that happen?

“Ko, you were right! These northern folk, they have very odd senses of humor! Ohohohohohoho!~” you laugh.

You see Itachi-sensei circling overhead.

The men look to each other, obviously still flummoxed about what to do.

What to do…

1. Extend the act. Give more time for everyone to get in position.
2. Order the attack! You tire of these games.
>Write-in

>1. Extend the act. Give more time for everyone to get in position.
Too funny.

1. Extend the act. Give more time for everyone to get in position.

Actually, what we're doing is seeing how long we can milk it before someone just calls bullshit. A test in acting ability!

Also
>That fucking star & blue fire coat

The best!

Is there really even a choice?

The answer is obviously

>1. Extend the act. Give more time for everyone to get in position

We don't get to Ohohoho~! nearly enough for an Ojousama of our fine breeding, so we must relish this opportunity.

> Extend it a little longer. Ask him where they got those lovely little spike-flingers on their backs - oh, kunai, you say? I could have sworn they were called spikeys, I'm so sorry. Ko, are they really called kunai? Oh, dear me. Anyways, my family does a great deal of business with gentlemen such as yourselves, with our spike-flingers, and I'd like to make you an offer you can't refuse...
Just act like we think he's part of the official guard around these parts or something. Get up close and do lots of hand gestures like Billy Mays and such. When the time's right stab him or kick him in the balls.

Get ready to catch a kunai thats gonna get launched at us or our boy servent saus....Ko. Wink at our comrades, we got this shit down

Extending~

By the way, whats our play here... I propose We hold wad of cash out with a few explosive tags in it. As they set away blow'em sky high then start attacking as burning money rains from the sky...No price can be put on style.

I was thinking we'd just shiv him when we got close and then everyone could jump the rest.

Might as well have some more fun at these idiots’ expense.

“A-all the same miss-” the front man starts.

“Tut! Manners, you ruffian! Did your mother never teach how to address one so far above yourself? You may address me as Norihime-sama, or Heiress, if you prefer.” you say whilst scowling, casting your gaze down the bridge of your nose to these men.

“Heiress, then. All the same, heiress, the toll is mandated by the Land of Hot Springs- 25% of all material wealth carried with intent to do business.” a different, larger man says, stepping forward.

You see Lee and Guy have freed themselves from the carriage, and are stretching.

Only a little more.

“Ohohohohohohohohohoho!~” you laugh, only partially feigning the laughter.

“That is a really bad deal, you cretins. Here, let the prodigy of the Norihime Conglomerate show you how business is done!”

You make an act of looking over your carriage, very slowly. As you do, you make eye contact with each member of your entourage, and wink- Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata… and Nori, who’s barely holding in her laughter.

You see Itachi-sensei land in the distance- none of the men seem to notice.

Finally, you appear before the men again- you can tell at this point they’re really bristling.

“I’ve decided what I’m going to pay you lot…..” you say, holding the silence for effect.

“Nothing! Ohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho!~”

The men stand there for a moment, dumbstruck.

Now is your chance!

How do you wish to press the attack?

1. Up close for a surprise attack!
2. Stay mid-range to support with your fan and kunai!
3. Stay back and use jutsu and kunai to attack!
4. Play support and go where needed!

>2. Stay mid-range to support with your fan and kunai!

>4. Play support and go where needed!

Best we can do right now

> Play support
Feels like what Tsuki would do, being team mom and all. And after what our last few encounters have entailed.

>2. Stay mid-range to support with your fan and kunai!

3. Stay back and use jutsu and kunai to attack!
4. Play support and go where needed!

Playing Support.

Writing.

Roll For Personal Combat Effectiveness!
(1d100, first 5)

Rolled 20 (1d100)

You know I kinda like the idea that, only Sauske and Utachi really see's through our act, that we may indeed be as proper as they come, but he can see behind it all, its an exuberant act to throw people off.

Rolled 10 (1d100)

Rolled 5 (1d100)

Rolled 25 (1d100)

Rolled 30 (1d100)

Holy shit these rolls....

That's kind of impressive actually.

Rolled 16 (1d100)

Is there such thing as fate points...we really need fate points.

Going to be completely honest here, if one roll decides that we fuck this up... That's kind of dumb for exactly this reason.

We won another dead sensei!

This is personal when facing regular dudes with gear. Hopefully they don't need that much support.

No we don't. I hate whenever user fails in a best of 3/5 on d100s where the odds are always in your favor someone says we need fucking fate points. We win a majority of our rolls.

Don't be a little bitch.

Except we haven't. Our rolls are fucking awful.

Averages nigger. Are you dumb? Shit happens.

This set is awful. A huge number of other rolls are just fine, because the average of best of 3 on d100 is 78 or something.

Tell that to Ebisu.

Confirmation bias. You conveniently forget the times we get 80+ cause its a simple 'We pass yay!' but you remember the bad ones more cause those have lingering negative effects.

Exactly. You only remember Ebisu. So now you want an easier mode for our already easy-ish mode.

Its naruto... obviously we don't get fate points, we get flashback points where we get to describe how the fuckup was actually the intended outcome

No news is good news, and vice versa

Gai is here
Lee is here
Sauceman is here
Nori is like at least half a jinchuuriki

the enemies are fuckwit bandits in the asshole of the world

worst case scenario Tsuki's self esteem take a hit from not being helpful enough.

Worst case Tsuki trips and falls on her own kunai and dies.