/cyoag/ - CYOA General: En Vogue Edition

Last thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47847600/#q47847670
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/316951
designpotato.com/how-to-recover-unsaved-files-in-adobe-photoshop-cs6/
google.com/#q=photoshop cs6 recover unsaved file
blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2012/04/background-save-and-auto-save-features-in-photoshop-cs6.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm sorry I couldn't respond sooner SDA, but I was banned all day yesterday and hand to work today:( Anyway, it's sweet to hear your happiness at taking your relationship with your gf to the next step of seriousness and closeness. Don't let jealous people keep you down!

Working on Familiar now. Dunno how long the changes will take.

Don't start this up again, faggot.

Wrong one.

Well, I might as well use this as a chance to upload the latest version of page 6.

Changed the pen pal drawback into the transfer student, just made more sense to me.

Social Butterfly would be better if it gave you the girls in the picture as sex slaves.

now the rest.

Ren? You there?

I'm not starting anything! I saw in thread people were harassing SDA basically just for having a gf cuz they're jealous! I couldn't give friendly support to SDA though cuz I was banned APPARENTLY warhammer lizardmen are OFF TOPIC for Veeky Forums! >:(.So I been wanting to say something nice to SDA all day, but had to work.

HaHaHa

That's true. But if we want slaves then we can just visit the Basilisk Den

Yo.

I'm thinking about how I want to implement this "Hard Mode" that other user wants.

>Captcha "Select images with Waffles"
Well I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow.

psychometry is actually a really cool power. i know it's a "real' thing, but still, it's a neat addition to a cyoa.

Yup, gonna make a build for it later. I also may or may not embrace my inner munchkin.

This probably was already asked before, but is it possible to disguise Superhuman Body with Physical Restructuring?

You know what would be the best possible support?

More tits.

Thanks. I made a suggestion for that sort of thing about a week ago as the way it was written you can't really hang out or be with your companion besides the inter-school events. Cool change.

I have a proposal for a hard-mode difficulty setting. You are summoned to that world as an unbound familiar (e.g., you don't actually have a master), you lose your focus, and may only take 1 perk.

I am, in fact, that user. Need suggestions?

Here's a suggestion, anything but this. Seriously, ew. The whole point of the CYOA is that you're a mage's familiar, you dummy.

No SDA, you have a gf now. It wouldn't be right!

Lay em at me. I have plenty of ideas for the "events" of the hardmode stuff, I just don't know what to do for them, based off of the rest of the CYOA. Like should they have rewards? Should they replace Milestones? Should there be a dice roll to see if you survive the event?

Oh, and I have a build for this. Remember that Faun? That was me.

Ageaus "Lucky" the Faun.

>SCHOOL
St. Flares

>CLASSES
Ranged Combat II (focus on thrown weapons)
First Aid I
Unarmed Combat I (Goat kicks!)
Knowledge I (Astronomy/Geography)
Divine Arts III (Particularly focused on the god/ess of travel or stars)
Maneuvers I
Druidism I (He IS a fey, after all)

>CLASSMATES/COMPANIONS
Kit (She's exotic, like Lucky, but the relationship would be purely platonic)
Sorte (Like Kit, platonic relationship, she'd be more of a tutor and companion for romps through the forests)
3 more TBA (who wants to be friends with the Faun?)

>EVENTS
Great Tournament: Great Hunt (When fighting beasties it's imperative you bring a healer along!)
Harvest Fest.: Fundraising (he has a soft spot for them orphans, yo.)
Gathering of Life: Party Planner (He's a faun, he knows how to have a good time)

>CLUBS
Music (What? Don't look at me like that. He likes playing the pipes, sue me.)
Culture Club (He'd probably bounce around as the years passed, cooking one year, book club the next, etc.)

As far as fauns go, Lucky's a bit of an odd duck. He's not particularly capricious, doesn't seek ah... carnal pleasures, and is actually quite the gentleman when it comes to the lovely ladies. He doesn't mind wine and drinks responsibly, and is more than capable of sitting quietly in class, learning all he can, as opposed to being a social butterfly like you might expect out of a faun student.

He's stricken with an insatiable wanderlust, however, and joined St. Flares with the intent of learning everything he needs to travel the world at his own pace. He finds beauty in the stars, and peace from the sunsets. And if the academy can teach him what it takes to be a goodhearted person and hero, all the more better!

Oh. Nah, I don't think they need rewards, unless you want to fluff out your build. Think of them like, say, the clubs and events from Hero Academy. No real effect on the build, just enough to make life interesting. I mean, you can go ahead and add effects if you want, but I don't personally see a need. All I want is a plot to drive my master/mistress as she goes about the world with me now.

Ah, well that's easy then.

If this was a Visual Novel I wonder how bad the bad endings would be, and how many there would be.

this is like hentai dialogue

Dr. Spark M.D.

Origin: The Watcher
Religion: Ubermench Society
Faction: Independent
Homedistrict: Free Traveler (+500 credits because i dont need TWO motorcycles)
Hubworld: Throne of Yisun, Break Jagganoth
Companion: Sans
Panic Button: The God

+2500 credit start
Drawbacks: Falling (+1500)
Knee Breaker (+1000)
That Guy (+500)
Warped (+500)
Forever Alone x4 (+2000)
NO GOVNAS DOLLA! x14 (-5600)
2,400 Credit end

Perks: Tech understanding Advanced (3)
Adaptability (4)
Martial Training (5)
Mathematical Genius (6)
Berserker (7)
Critical (8)
Steam Adept (9)
Traveler Adept (Free)
Magnetic Adept (14)
Nuclear Adept (13)
Mechanical Adept (12)
Scavenger (11)
Educated (10)
Survivor (9)
Tech-head (8)
Pariah (7)
Forge master (6)
Experimental (5)
Memory (4)
Self-Aware (3)
Alchemist (2)
Runemaster (1)

Clothing: Travellers leathers (Free)
Nemean Lion Hide (2,050)

Weapons: Yuta Brace (Mandatory)
Seven Shot Colt Revolver (2,000)
MAD.11 Hunting Shotgun (1,800)

Knick Knacks: Pegs (Free)
Survival Kit (Free)
Basic Bag (Free)
ID Card (Free)
Alchemy Set (1,500)
Runist Kit (1,200)
Munitions Worktable (1,000)
Hacking Module (900)
Ethereal Measuring Set (760)
Whale Skin Marks (660)
Chain (650)
CIY Brain Implant (250)
Limb Replacement x2, R/L arm (50)
Organ Replacement, Emergency Revivication Pancreas (ERP) (0)

Here's the box.

Well, yes, unless you want there to be something. I would suggest adding difficulty levels and limits, so you don't get a Waif trying to take on an entire magical typhoon all by herself. I mean, it might work, but it breaks immersion over one knee with a single swift stroke. Unless they can write well enough...

(Repostin!)

Dragged from the backwaters of time and space after creative steam inventions met ruthless, frenzied attacks against large corporations and theocratic seats of power, Doctor Spark was a vigilante of his place fighting for the wonders of his age to see new breakthroughs that where often kept under lock and key of the ruling class. After his floating city block was burned to the gro- er...air, taking his life's work, his lab, and his fortune, he fled the country on his final living contacts word. Little did he understand what he was stepping into...Now a new man forged on the anvil of war tempered with progress, the quite solitary 'Doctor Spark' looks to further the mystical arts of SCIENCE and field test them on the monsters of the world.

Now, about those vile aether warp- err... 'mages'?

>So many drawbacks.
>So many points for evil acts.

I think this cyoa will give me the opportunity for the most overpowered build in all of /cyoag/ history. Will post it soon.

Name
>Bjorn Ursus
School
>St. Flares
Classes
>Martial Combat 2
>Physical Training 2
>Maneuvers 1
>Blue Magic 3
>Monster Hunting 2
>Beast Taming 2
Companions
>Sorte
>Kaerulaus
>Kit
Events
>The Great Hunt every year
>Security year 4
>Bodyguard year 5
Clubs
>Cultural club (woodworking)
>Educational club (zoology)
Drawbacks
>Exchange Program x 2

Blue mage Frontiersman / lumberjack build based around fighting monsters for profit and increasing my blue magics potency. Fight along side my trusty Bear companion whom I'll name Ben.

But that's lewd user!

>Name: Alex Sharpe
Born a mere peasant, Alex showed a remarkable magical talent along with a ruthlessness and drive for success which drew him to Lunestier.

>School: Lunestier
The student body here is sometimes atrocious, but no one can argue with the school itself. For up and coming mages and diplomats, there is no superior choice. The idea of a place so removed from the daily struggles of poverty such as Lunestier is mind blowing to Alex. Having seen the classism and air of superiority surrounding most students, Alex takes care to keep knowledge of his origins under wraps away from the school harpies.

>Classes:
Arcane Magic (3) Can never go wrong with the classics. This is the field which made Alex fall in love with magic.
Elemental Magic (3) with specialization in fire and water/ice magic. This will be the back up magic, used only when Arcane isn't enough to get the job done.
Diplomacy (3) Words are powerful, best to keep them in your arsenal.
Magic Refinement (2) Running out of mana during a battle is humiliating, as well as dangerous.
Dueling (1) Even a mage needs to know how to handle themselves in a physical confrontation.

In combat Alex uses his magic mix to keep his opponents guessing. He greatly prefers one on one confrontations, because it's much easier to keep track of a single foe. Outside of fighting Alex tries to use his words as his best weapon, ending fights before they have a chance to begin.

>Companions:
Mecherath. Having information and connections on your side is invaluable for keeping ahead of the Lunestier sharks. Making friends with the school informant is going to be a great boon.
Bathsheba. The tank of the group, brings resilience and strength. Also creates a long term ally by helping to protect her from the AI nerds.
Chandara. Every party needs a good rogue, and Chandara fits the bill perfectly.

Farhat. Without a good support, even the strongest of teams will crumble. Besides, its always a good thing to have friends with friends.

>Events:
>Year 1: Party Planner, Fund Raising
This will be a year for Alex to establish an understanding of the various schools through Party Planner, along with building some capital reserves with Fund Raising. This money will support Alex and his adventures in the coming years.

>Year 2: Research Proposal (Condensed Crystallized Arcane bombs)
Portable magic grenades, usable by anyone and everyone. Who doesn't want to see crystal fragmentation grenades? Or the equivalent of a magical flashbang?

>Year 3: The Great Hunt, Bodyguard
Building connections is half the reason people go to Lunestier. Developing a relationship with Cynthia Highking could create a very valuable ally later on. The Great Hunt is an opportunity not just to enjoy some good old fashioned adventuring but also to test the skills and relationships Alex has been developing for the past few years.

>Year 4: Party Planner, Battle Royal (4v4)
Building relationships along with some good old fashioned team fighting.

>Year 5: Battle Royal (1v1),
The final hurrah. Alex doesn't expect to win (though that would be fantastic). This event is entirely about personal satisfaction.

>Clubs
Student Government: Sounds fun, plus having a bit of extra influence is never a bad thing.

Drawbacks: Hated Prodigy x1

Alex has sought only one thing in his life: escape. Growing up poor has imbued him with a inferiority complex, one which Lunestier only worsens. But throughout it all, he is determined to rise above his origins and make something of himself. He hopes that Lunestier can be the launching pad for a successful future. But distinguishing himself among the elite of society is no easy task, and Alex still has a long way to go before his aspirations can be realized.

Parents of room-mate came over, didn't have a chance nearly all day to work on the cyoa. or play any video games. le sigh. How is everyone else's progress fairing?

I just work on the writing for my CYOA on the skytrain/bus ride on the way to and from school. It's about an hour and a half each way. Then I do a little bit of image searching in the small time I spend at home before going to bed (unless I play some video games)

I've almost finished writing out all the descriptions for the planets/races, and then I need to start writing profiles for the girls.
So ya know. Slow but steady. I probably could get it done faster if I didn't listen to podcasts at the same time, but whatever. I'm in no rush.

Goat Tier: Frigg, Isis, Nut, Shub-Niggurath
God Tier: Bastet, Freyja, Hestia, Sjofn, Chantico, Xochiquetzal
Good Tier: Athena, Demeter, Hathor, Inari, Izanami, Minerva, Nike, Amaterasu, Cybele, Nephthys
Okay Tier: Artemis, Astraea, Ba'laat Gebal, Epona, Eris, Mors, Nctos and Nctolhu, Nyx, The Triple Goddess, Tiamat, Yidrah, Chalchiuhtilcue, Itzpapalotl,
Yan Tier: Hera, Nyarlathotep, Ishtar
Rapes You Tier: Hastur, Nyalathotep, Selena
Mystery Box Tier: Yaweh

We can all agree on this listing?

This is so heretical.

you forgot the meme

I was being facetious. I just think that it may be something along the lines of unnecessary to cater to a difficulty setting in an otherwise well done cyoa.

>Implying its heretical
>Implying just because it might be heretical you still wouldn't choose Yaweh

>Tfw Italics didn't add Jesus.

Well anyway, I just wanted to say that to you SDA since you seemed upset. People were just jealous though. Have fun growing relationship with gf. And remember to be good bf too!

>Jesus loli
now this is something I can get behind!

>leave for a month and come back
>check the pasta and lurk a bit
>nothing new and decent except that gifted CYOA

What happened?

I mean, I feel very similar to you, but... people made what they wanted to make? That's what happened? What do you want me to say, everyone suddenly developed shit taste? You could have said that yourself, user.

Is Hero Academy really a month old now?

Identity: Andrew Mcman, 16
Power Source: Genetic, learned how to use most of my power, but hormones are making shit difficult, and the suits that showed up are a pain in the ass too. Changes; Emotional: Strengthened+7/hormones got agitated from powers, Physical: Deformed+10 got a bunch of burns on most of my body along with wide scar on my check and neck otherwise no change, shaving will be a bitch so I'll just burn my beard off as it get too thick, Mental: Enhanced-6, Life: while I have enough for Prime I will get Reset-5, Memory: Knowledge-5 I want to keep my personality, Spiritual: Magnet+5 someone is hunting me, don't know who but it will be a bitch to find out.
Now 36Pts for fun shit. Lets get started.
Telekinesis-4(Precision-2, Power-3), Pyrokinesis-3(Control-3, Catalyst-2, Source-5), Psychometry-1(Muscle Memory-3), Athleticism-4(Peak Human-3), and Vitality-3(Immunity-3, Painless+5, the burns damaged my senses), will be back here after curses are picked. 43 points from curses now, Charm-3(Adored-5) want to keep any ally I can gain later that I might not get to have otherwise, Friend of Nature-3(Animal Friends-3) I want to ask the neighbors dog why other animals don't like me, Mechanics-3(Inner Focus-4) I have shit aim so I want to fix that before it becomes a problem, Interference-2(Uncontrollable+5), Tongues-2(Non-verbal-1), Healing-2(Self Service-5, Miracle-3), Teleportation-4(Quick Step-4) picture it like Infamous Second Son, Barrier-3(Permanent-3, Wide-2) if I get in close I don't want the enemy to escape bubble shield and firestorm combo, Mediumship-1 because I had 1 point left and thought I would grab it for flavor.
Unsettling+5, Phobia three times for +21 and in order claustrophobia, fear of pigeons(don't know the specific name, its a big city thing), and fear of flying, Insomnia because I already got that irl so fuck it for +9P, and finally Animal foes+8, total 43P from curses. Back to power list.

I think the reason why superhuman bodies are so strong is in part because of their ×bawks huge size.

>contact
Don't get me wrong, that's, uh, flattering and all, but, why would you want to?
You can post a temporary email and I'll get at you.

That's reasonable, but I find the idea of a little schoolgirl with the ability to bend steel beams really fun.

there was actually a lot. branching heart, hero academy, hibiki's, 2 gifted cyoa's, kit made some extra, short and sweet succbus and become a waifu cyoa, short monster girl cyoa, and we have crossworlds is nearly finished.

not to mention we've had a burst of new cyoa creator's, like me and I made colors (really, really shitty quicky) and frame's (emulated quiet's mystery for that one, not half bad*)

* = citation needed

working on a monster boy, a new creator cyoa is being made, half of the other's are working and finishing their work, etc etc.

its been good actually, just quick.

I showed up, made some software and a gun cyoa

I've made my mark at least a little.

Oh my fucking god fuck me.

I accidentally hit "Do Not Save" in Photoshop. Jesus fuck there goes a few days of work. Is there any way I can recover this shit fuck?

SDA and Angelanon drama happened.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47847600/#q47847670

Oh fuck I had three cities done fuck.

It might keep a backup copy just in case like Word does

No way, you are joking... o.o

I came here to laugh at you.

No you fuckcunt i am not fuck.

I don't fucking know how to access that does anyone know to to fix that?

>going literally multiple days without saving

data recovery program?

There is only one thing to do with unashamed heretics who violate the Lords name.

Ran out of space so here is the rest of it.
Guardian: Ally, might as well get adopted.
Home: Yarrow Falls, Gravity Falls with G-men coming soon, may also include drinking with Sasquatch.
Allies: can someone clear up whether or not the adopting parent or student family takes up an ally slot? No one cleared that up for me so I don't know, I went with not but I will change the build if necessary.
Allies(Students): Kate Fox is self explanatory and she caught me practicing my Pyrokinesis and Telekinesis in the woods, Peter Blake because he found me while out hunting and we started hanging out(May or may not think I am crazy because I was yelling at a Squirrel), Danny Glass because he seems like a bro and could get some off the grid help, possibly.

wouldn't matter if he never saved any changes to disk.

Fuck i get it's on me ok.

What where when who howmuch?

well, this is how you do it on office
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/316951

This is one of the benefits of using google drive to write text before using Photoshop.

But to answer your question, I have no idea.

what program you using?

Photoshop CS6. Pls help.

now that you've been properly admonished, here's something from google:
designpotato.com/how-to-recover-unsaved-files-in-adobe-photoshop-cs6/

google.com/#q=photoshop cs6 recover unsaved file

Male
Experimental

Dulled (35)
Sickly (42)
Enhanced (36)
Leech (36)
No change (36)
Magnet (41)

Drawbacks
Unsettling (46)
Empathy (53)
Inhuman (58)
Asexual (63)
Animal Foes (71)
Insomnia (80)
Sadism (88)

Powers
Telekinesis (84)
Power (81)
Precision (79)
Pyrokinesis (76)
Control (73)
Source (68)
Mind reading (64)
Deep Dive (61)
Healing (59)
Self Service (54)
Miracle (51)
Levitation (49)
Teleportation (45)
Quick Step (41)
Indirect Sight (39)
Vitality (36)
Painless (39)
Athleticism (35)
Peak Human (32)
Raw Power (26)
Barrier (23)
Permanent (20)
Wide (18)
Tongues (16)
Nonverbal (15)
Blessing (12)
Weather Control (9)
Pain (4)
Mechanics (1)
Dowsing (0)

Guardian
Nobody

Home
Riverfront East

Allies
Students
Derek Wright
Adam Wiley
Anna Ramstead

Adults
Henry Morris
Charlie Hedden

Perks
Overcome x2 (+21)

Extra Powers
Levitation (already purchased)
Flight (16)
Efficient (12)
Mechanics (already purchased)
Inner Focus (8)
Charm (5)
Adored (0)
Story and plan in next comment.

With these new powers of mine, I have become something more than human. In fact, I’m practically a god. So here is a fun little question for you:

Why shouldn’t I rule like one? Who would stop me?

Taking the throne of the world with my power is fairly simple; first, I will have to cause a couple of droughts over farm land to occur and cause many great “accidents” on others. After that I will have to lay low for a while, draining the dregs of society of their life and causing great pain to them. In addition, I will begin the research on strengthening my powers.

Once I felt enough time has passed, I will emerge from hiding and reveal myself as a god among men. And I come with a simple deal to the mortals of this city;

Worship me, obey my every command, and I bring salvation.

Should they agree (and with my powers, only an idiot would not), I will end the droughts, heal the sick, and begin my rule as the new god king. All this time, I am using my advanced mind to try and understand the origins of my powers. With Insomnia and asexual, I should have plenty of time.

Within time, I will be able to demolish entire armies, men will tremble in my presence, and I will finally find a way to strengthen my powers. When all's said and done, I will rule a kingdom of devout worshipers, with enough willing to give years of their lives to me. After that, I will begin to expand my sights to beyond Earth; to other planets, galaxies, and possibly beyond that.

Thoughts?

OH SWEET ALLAH THANKS.

Imma post a teaser page for you this worked thank you so much you are the real hero boy user salam.

calm down quiet, we'll help you.

blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2012/04/background-save-and-auto-save-features-in-photoshop-cs6.html

also, I'm gonna post my WIP, i need to know if its blinding to the eyes, if it sears your vision and make you vomit. haven't added the monster's or words yet, font/color suggestion's?

Take the lesson to heart, man. Save obsessively.

>blinding to the eyes, if it sears your vision and make you vomit
Yes.

doesn't need to. there's an autosave program in photoshop 6.

Wow I've developed much more respect for you CYOA makers. I just spent 2 hours looking for a handful of character pictures just for builds. It's really fucking hard to find to find pictures that match what your character looks like in your head.

Desaturate. I need a darker purple.

It's not soooo bad. I mean, I've seen worse but yeah the purple should be something else...

Seconded. Don't listen to that guy. Never save until you're finished.

Personally, the only colors worse to look at than a general purple are pink, bright yellow, and stark white. Dial it back.

damn it. Knew it, but the darker purple makes the entire cyoa lose its burst of colorfulness. its make it look more grim when its suppose to be fun, little bubbly and sexy. I need a better background color. Help?