He is a big guy

He is a big guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/innistrad-frequently-asked-questions-2011-09-16
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For Xenagos.

When double faced cards get flickered they come back as their sun side, correct?

Front side, yes.

TELL ME ABOUT ULRICH, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE PENDANT?

His mum gave it to him.

Cool, so if you had Vildin-Pack Alpha out, then flickered Ulrich, he'd come into play Human, and you have have him give himself +4/+4, then Transform him and have him fight something for 10 damage, then do it over again as many times as you can pay for, right?

No. Transforming is different from getting flickered; he only transforms if his own Transform effect triggers or if something Transforms him

>front side doesn't have haste
>back side doesn't have trample

WHY?

>Uncontested Alpha
>can't even fight other werewolves

I would have been mad at that if the overall card wasn't trash anyway.

That's where Vildin-Pack Alpha comes in.

Do you know what uncontested means?

>Wanting a 5 mana 8/8 haste
The fuck you smoking boy?

I think that would work, yeah.

Yeah it means that you can't fight other werewolves even if you want to.

Oh wait.

It means you don't fight werewolves cause they puss out the second you show up. Also how is a werewolf that fights other werewolves useful at all?

It's not a constant buff you retard. Only when he etb or flips to the front. The way he's now he's absolute garbage. Reducing the buff to +3/+3 and giving him haste would be perfect.

No one cared who I was until I put on the pendant.

711.7 Transformations don't become new objects, so it checks out.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/innistrad-frequently-asked-questions-2011-09-16

Except when your opponent also runs werewolves and you'd like to show him who's alpha but you can't because uncontested means that he's now useless.

LITERALLY BRAVO

Calm your tits user. I never implied the buff was permanent. All I said was a 5 drop hitting the field and swinging for 8 was too strong.

Quick question, has tg ever been right predicting what cards will be good and what won't?

A broken clock is right twice a day

>when your opponent runs werewolves
Which instantly makes him a sideboard card at best. gg

Ball Lightning (trample, haste) hits for 6 and costs 3.
Blitz Hellion (trample, haste) hits for 7 and costs 5.

The guy wouldn't be a constant 8/8.

We were better than brad nelson

Which doesn't really remedy this flavor fail.

Yeah and what are the chances you will be looking at it during those times

.0014%

It's a minor fail at best. If you are uncontested you don't need to prove yourself against every 3/2 runt that passes your vision

Neat

Both of those creatures leave the battlefield at end of turn. They're closer to burn spells than creatures. Horrible examples.

You don't need to but you still should have the option to just in case.

It's funny, when Delver of Secrets was first spoiled, I immediately thought it would be great in Canadian Thresh.

And then Veeky Forums told me I was an idiot and that it would never replace nimble mongoose.

The point is that their incredible power disappears after a short time just like Ulrich's buff. After that you can't even realiably do it again and him being a legend makes it even more difficult. Sorry you fail to see this very simple concept.

Looking at it from a different angle, maybe he doesn't because he's uncontested for so long and just assumes those werewolves are with him

>so if you had Vildin-Pack Alpha out, then flickered Ulrich, he'd come into play Human, and you have have him give himself +4/+4, then Transform him and have him fight something for 10 damage
Yes you can.

> then do it over again as many times as you can pay for
Pay for what exactly? It's not returning to your hand.

If you are using something like Eldrazi Displacer to flicker it.

wait i dont get it, people are unironically thinking this card is good?
jesus christ what is with Veeky Forums timmies thinking random green creatures that dont do anything are good
you guys remember when i had to call you all retards for thinking outland colossus was anything other than a 2 cent rare?

This is Veeky Forums, we think every card is literal garbage. At least until players who are actually good at the game figure out which cards are good, at which point we become convinced that those cards are the most broken in fun shit ever and should be banned.

So what else can you tell us oh wise master?

Ah sure, go ahead then. Smash as many creatures as you can pay for.

>jesus christ what is with Veeky Forums timmies thinking random green creatures that dont do anything are good
It has the words "Whenever", "fight", "target", and "creature" on it, which could in theory make for a decent 5 drop. They're just not on the right side of the fucking card.

This bugs me alot
>Fuck WotC give us more power, these cards are garbage
>Fuck WotC what were you thinking these cards are too stong

>They're just not on the right side of the fucking card.
INDEED
get good?

>multiple eternal format worthy card in a set
Fuck you wijjews, SCJew pandering, money grubbing, magic is deeeeeeddddd, RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>no strong card for eternal format
fuck you wijjews, set is the same as stealing our monies, SCJew pandering to increase old card price, magic is deeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddd, RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe not everyone who posts with the name "Anonymous" is the same person? It could even be possible for two people to have two different opinions.

>4/4 for 5
>big

>play expedite
>becomes an 8/8 attacker until end of turn

I write it off as players just not realizing that power-level reached the high-water mark a long time ago.

We're never going to get creatures better than Clique, Bob, or nut cards like Bloodbraid Elf (Collected Company kinda comes close). On the other end of the mana cost spectrum they've caught up recently and it's really hard to imagine them printing something better than Emrakul (target player sacrifices 6 of their worst permanents) and Gristlebrand (if you have 15+ life draw 14 cards). And spells aren't going to get crazier than Bolt, Thoughtseize, Force/Daze/Mana Leak, and Abrupt Decay.

Personally I'm no longer interested in power levels anymore; I can't get excited when they (re)print a Doom Blade variant like some people get. If they reprinted Bolt again for Standard I wish we could kill all the people who get excited; because they're the worst people in the game and give Wizards permission to take the easy way out to make those idiots happy.

I want Wizards to be a company that is allowed to admit it made mistakes and take action to rectify those mistakes. They always apologize for shit that doesn't fucking matter. I want them to say, "Birthing Pod was too cheap, we're errataing that shit for Modern - it now costs 4G.

He is a below average guy.

>2 card combo to make a 6 mana 8/8... for 1 turn
this, ladies and gentlemen, is the face of Veeky Forums

Immerwolf makes a better werewolf tribal general than this dude. WTF Wizards?

I find it amazing that a tribe with two lords in standard failed so utterly.

Newsflash.

Colorless non-artifact non-land cards come first in a set. For example, Bane of Bala Ged was 001 for Battle For Zendikar and Deceiver of Form was 001 for Oath of the Gatewatch.

Emrakul, the Promised End, is 006 for Eldritch Moon. This means there at least 5 other non-artifact non-land colorless cards. And considering that E is the fifth letter of the alphabet, expect a hell of a lot more - probably as many as thirty in the worst case scenario.

>tl;dr
It's not just Emrakul. Get ready for more Eldrazi.

It's a hivemind mentality that is rarely deviated from. I don't care what people's opinions are, I care that there is no pleasing tg and no one to argue against that mentality

In Standard, it's not about some critical mass of Lords. It's about surviving the 4-5 mana wrath.

Mono-black and mono-blue were more or less tribal in the time of Theros. They were good because even if you murdered all their creatures it could still bounce back.

no shit, retard

A'mrakul
B'mrakul
C'mrakul
D'mrakul

>Elspeth
>Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
>Nissa Vastwood Seer
>Rhino

no

Wizards very coyly promised a Legendary werewolf for commander players. This generated a bit of hype. The card itself is very underwhelming, and terrible in the EDH format. Then again werewolves are a pretty bad tribe. The transform mechanic was a neat idea, but poorly executed. Werewolves are not powerful enough to justify the transform downsides.

He's fine for french, casual multiplayer pleb

>thinking this card is playable in french
>calling people plebs
bwahahaahah

underrated

>Vildin-Pack Alpha
Yes, but you have to be careful how you stack it. Make sure to put the Vildin-pack Alpha's transform trigger on the stack first, so he gets the +4/+4 before he transforms and fights.

Now I know my ABC'mrakuls!

kek

kek

Werewolves are a Limited mechanic, which is rather unfortunate for them.

Next time won't you sing with me'mrakul

>TFW there will never be Famrakul

This is like every druids ever

Werewolves aren't playable outside of modern, and even that is debatable. In a singleton format their support is harder to come by. It does not matter if it is French or multiplayer. Werewolves are a terrible tribe for EDH.

Speaking of modern werewolves, what are some staple cards to use for a deck like that?

Fap'mrakul? Rule 34 with Esh Norn?

Fem'rakul
ability : destroy all men and burn bras or some shit

Moonmist, full-moons rise, immerwolf, the mayor, moonlight hunt, ulrich's kindred. Moonlight hunt is my favorite of the new cards.

I thought Em'rakul was a Fem'rakul.

Maro'markul.

Maro'markul's power and toughness is equal to number of cards in your hand, minus the number of cards in your opponent's hand.

Skulk, first strike, defender

"What? You thought we were going to make this playable?" -Maro.

Good one

Hang on now, you made a card encouraging emptying your opponent's hand and keeping your's full. You'll force mass discard, that's almost as badwrongfun as land destruction!

Alright, let's try this again.

Maro'markul.

Maro'markul's power and toughness is equal to the number of cards in your hand, minus the number of permanents you control.

Skulk, rampage 1, defender, protection from contraptions

"Failure is the new evergreen." - Maro

"

It has both ETB effect and good effects on both transformations, it gives value for your investment like Swagtusk, except it's better because you can control through careful play when the effects trigger. Not necessarily a 4-of card, but definitely a staple of play.

>how to fix this huge disappointment

Ulrich Human 3RG
Haste
Whenever this creature enters the battlefield or transforms into ~, target creature gets +2/+2 and gains trample until end of turn.
(standard flip condition)
4/3
---------
Ulrich Werewolf
Trample
Whenever this creature transforms into ~ or attacks, you may have it fight...
(standard flip condition)
6/5

>want to make a tribal werewolf edh deck
>oh boy, finally a legendary werewolf
>it's generic as fuck
Fuuuuuuuck.

Here's a prediction for you: Emrakul will be good in standard because you can force your opponent to play all of their spells that could remove Emrakul, leaving you with a 13/13 flying trampler that can only be touched by topdecks. Emrakul will also see play in Tron sideboards in Modern because making a Scapeshift player cast Scapeshift, sac their land, then fail to find, is a game winner.

>Uncontested Alpha
>The fight is a MAY trigger
Nigger he should just be fighting fucking everything that comes his way.

But tron can already do that, it's called mindslaver, and it's cheaper and more recurrable.

Mindslaver can be countered.

So can this. Protection only works on the battlefield.

Stealing their turn is a cast trigger, so they can't stop you casting their Scapeshifting and fucking their shit up. The problem is that huge mana cost. Tron will get it down to 11 at best by cycling a star and Sylvan Scrying.

And that this only has one small advantage over mindslaver, which is only relevant in some matchups, and many many downsides compared to mindslaver, such as the prohibitive cost, the fact that you can't recur it, the fact that it can't go infinite, and the fact that you give them another turn which you don't control. Your scapeshift example is the absolute best case. What do you do when you can't do anything with their turn, and you just paid 11 mana to draw them a card?

not that guy, but it's only 11 mana to draw them a card if they have no creatures out and are hellbent. You're in a pretty good position already if those two things are true.

Still not sure if it's playable, tho. Think you'd rather just have the Original'mrakul

Or if they have no creatures out and a hand full of removal spells. Assuming that you use this on a control deck for example, it's not a stretch to assume that you were casting it onto an empty board with them holding removal.

Nigger he's suggesting it as a 1-of in the sideboard specifically for the Scapeshift matchup, why the fuck would you draw it against a control deck?

>which is only relevant in some matchups
Nigger I'm talking about 1 copy of it in your sideboard holy shit. It's also relevant against just about any combo deck since you can go off and whiff it.

Why are you running a sideboard card for only one match up in modern when you have a maindeck card that does that job very comparably? Are you that scared of scapeshift after tron got Warping Wail?