How do I get one of my player's Paladin to fall?

How do I get one of my player's Paladin to fall?

Trapdoor right under his feet.

setup a trap where either he kills a priestess of his faith inside a temple of his god or a city of downtrodden gets killed

Go through daily routine till the leaves turn orange and everyone suddenly has a heightened disguise stats

Put a decent size stick in the spokes of his front bike wheel while they're going by.

But actually, most paladins take care of this themselves eventually.

You hand his player a weapon with which to kill you, causing his alignment to shift to Chaotic Good.

Step One: Kill yourself

Tripwire

By being That DM.

And if you're not, then you don't make them fall. Accidental fall is not a thing, and there isn't any reason why you should force a fall on their Paladin.

Contrive situations where the paly always has to choose between loved ones and greater good.

open the oven too early

Climb checks, combat during a climb.

>One of my players says he wants to play a paladin
>Immediately begin conspiring to make him fall

Put a big rope around the bad guy's fortress with a sign that says "No paladins allowed beyond this point"

Trap them in a school or island resort with 14 other peers and force them to kill each other until they fall into despair.

Why?

These solutions always misunderstand the reason Paladins fall, since neither of these would cause him to.

A Paladin falls when he chooses to break the vows he made when he became a Paladin.

When you give him situations like this, you are no longer giving him a choice. If every option, including not taking an option, causes him to break his vows, then he never had a choice not to. If he's literally unable to not break his vows, he never had a choice to and doesn't fall.

>Contrive situations where the paly always has to choose between loved ones and greater good.
The paladin then prays to his god to give him the strength to save both and does just that, if he fails to save one or both, then it's not grounds for him to fall, as he has tried to achieve the best possible outcome. Just as a paladin will not fall if an evildoer escapes his grasp, he will not fall if he tries the best he is physically able to do.

Suck his dick.

That'll show that chaste faggot.

Piss him off, memorise his oath and do everything you can to make him go against it. Make him give in to his chaotic desires, go full Joker mind games on him.

It's not like the GMs who put their paladins in such situations care about that.

Bull Rush him over s cliff.

Pit trap, works every time.

If you have that much of a hate-on for paladins, why even allow them to play one in the first place?

I have to agree with this user. If you are actively out to try to force your player's paladin to fall, you are trash and should not be DMing. Dying for it might seem extreme, but I figure it helps cleanse the hobby a bit more.

So yeah. Might I suggest laying down on some train tracks and going out in style?

Chaotic acts don't make a paladin fall.

Have his god gift him a special helmet but it's actually a helmet of inverse alignment and it was an evil god all along, too. There.

Alternatively make him super attracted to a woman but it turns out it was his long lost sister and also she was 14 but had magic breast enhancements.

Indeed, paladins don't have to follow the law to the letter, especially when it's laid out by evil people. Good always trumps law, and entering the BBEG's fortress to defeat them is a good act.

The "Law" part of "Lawful Good" doesn't literally refer to following the law. It means the character has a code they follow over their own moral judgement. For a Paladin that code is their oath, not the creed of any particular nation.

>Step 1: Ask the player if they'd like to have a "Fall" plotline during the adventure.
>Step 2: Determine how far they'd be willing to take it for a good story.
>Step 3: Do it.
>Step 4: Regardless of outcome, reward player appropriately for roleplaying and working with you to enhance the RP of the group as a whole.

This shit isn't hard.

Use the helm of opposing alignment. Other ways basically require him to give up on his vows in character, and the player basically gets free reign to act like his own evil twin for a while

Battlemaster with a Polearm Master feet. Trips them and makes them fall every time.

MYAAAH HAAAH HAAA!

You're the kind of man I could appreciate! A dead man, ha ha! Posts like these are unnoticed masterpieces, dare I say, much like trapdoors?

>Hey guys, I'm too stupid to set up moral dilemmas so I posted on Veeky Forums.
>Someone else run why my worker cleans me.

orcs turn out to be misunderstood noble savages after he has massacred tons of them

Tell him his shoes are untied

This.

>look mom I posted it again

Why stop there. Construct the whole dungeon sitting on a giant trap door. Then, when the Joes come to stop us, we retreat and drop the entire structure with them inside!

Typically no.

The one time I got forced into that situation, I just ignored the "lel you fall" bit and just kept going on Paladining. Smited Evil to his screaming at me that I'm not getting bonus damage, using Lay on Hands while he spergs out that I can't use it(while everyone else added my heal to their health, because even they knew it was bullshit), and Detecting Evil anyways, even if I never got results.

He tried to kick me out after three sessions of this, but the group almost kicked HIM out because this was far from the dumbest shit he's pulled and was already on thin ice. So he half-assed an excuse as to why I didn't really fall at all and we carried on.

/thread

Paladins don't fall from LE ORC BABBY WUT DO? They fall when they knowingly and willingly break their oath to their god.

>all these assmad pally babbies

If you didn't want your vows tested you shouldn't have made a character that was bound to them

1/10, put some effort into it.

You play dwarf fortress... I recognize that logic.

Step it up, senpai. My dick ain't even hard yet.

Intentionally setting out to make a paladin fall is usually a dick move. Especially if it's done under the guise of the paladin doing an action that is late revealed to have caused his fall like unknowingly killing a priestess of his faith, or putting him in a situation where it is loved ones vs. morals or whatever.

However there is one way to create opportunities for a paladin to fall but it requires a player who is a good role player and a consistent and fleshed out story. If you have those 2 things causing a paladin to fall is very doable. By consistent and fleshed out story, the villains, or the world should have the same tone, the party should grow attachment to npc's and cities/regions and feel like they belong in the world.

The way to make the paladin fall is to slowly chip away at their moral rightousness. Present scenarios that pushes him/her to their limit as they try to grapple with the depravity/merciless nature of their foe. Make it so the paladin wants to kill bad guys, and anyone who can link as a bad guy. Make it personal for the paladin. Make him tortured over the knowledge that even though her is saving the world one soul at a time there are people/creatures out their destroying the world villages at a time. Confront the paladin with the horrors of humanity, greed, anger, lust and let that play on his mind. Make him quick to react, vengeful when carrying out his duties and too devoted to one cause as opposed to following his morals and creed equally then the fall will come naturally if there is a moment where his rashness causes him to act out of anger.

Distract him by using a lovely maiden and pull his pants down to embarrass him

Smug loli is the perfect image for this. You sound exactly like an idiot kid who thinks they're clever, but lacks the brain development to even comprehend how stupid what you just said is.

Curse plague and test him like Job. If he falls he falls and if he remains true reward him somehow

Why is this fucking baby associated with shitty paladin falls threads?

>If every option, including not taking an option
I would argue that that could make him fall
If he Chose an Option, even a bad one, he was at least Trying to do the right thing.
If he couldn't choose to do anything, he let his Fear over take him.

Dumbasses.

If you play paladins, cease doing so immediately.m You obviously cannot handle it.

Uh huh. Sure thing, kid. Whatever you say.

Keep offering situations where the Fall path is the easy way to do good, and Vows path is the hard way to do good.

That's the only non-dick way, because the Fall has to be because the player made an informed choice to have the Paladin Fall.

If the paladins of the setting are devoted to a god or gods, have them demand the paladin do something in the name of their good which drastically conflicts with his own ethics

>Fuck off m8
>You want me to do wot?
>I swear on me mum I'll smack ya roit in tha gob