Warhammer 40k General

Someone forgot to make a new general thread edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.tauonline.org/enclave-talk/62963-autism-awareness-curiosity.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

inb4 thread inevitable dies because you used the wrong image

Does anyone have that one image where it's an user talking about how he worships the Emperor because all religions are bullshit, but Big E talks about how badass humans are?

>wrong image
No such thing.

At least he actually put 40k in the OP unlike last time.

Post Dreadnoughts.

Which is the most autistic 40k Forum?

Besides Veeky Forums.

So I made the horrible choice of deciding to buy some IG. Tips?

About?

Warseer.

Crush your enemies beneath waves of bodies, armoured behemoths, and the best artillery in the game.

Buy moar IG. I don't see what the problem is.

When are Riptides going to get buffed?

Modelling: Dryfit everything don't assume anything fits untill you do.
Painting: Try different techniques
Game: Don't break the plastic wrap

GW's official forums.
Portent.

There's a reason both got nuked.

What I should buy? Not looking to min-max or anything, just don't want to waste more money than I need too.

forums.tauonline.org/enclave-talk/62963-autism-awareness-curiosity.html

Wrong army then

There's no noob traps?

As soon as Orks and CSM get nerfed again

Buy priests instead of commissars and you'll struggle to fit ogryn into anything, other than that there's not much else that's strictly bad to buy for IG.

post self-painted dreadnoughts

loyalists get out

Theres only two sorts of IG armies: 10.000 point unplayable shelf decoration and 1850 point diamond hard cheese.

That is no dreadnought. That's an abortion of what could have been a proper dreadnought.

Ogryns are pretty rubbish, Heavy Weapon squads are too fragile without ablative wounds to keep them safe, and Tempestus Scions, while cool as hell, don't do enough to justify their increased cost over Veterans. But on the whole IG have pretty decent internal balance. There isn't much that is so god-awful that it'll genuinely harm your army to include it.

Oh there's a third kind: permanently for sale on ebay

not sure if loyalist banter or shitting on my painting skills

either way

LOYALISTS

FUCKING

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this is now a chaos thread

>13 skulls visible on armor in this picture alone
>not even Khornate

lol, Chaos

I wasn't insulting your painting skills. I was insulting the Hellbrute. Be a civilized heretic and use a true Chaos Dreadnought.

If I started off playing IG now I would have bought the start collecting box for Astra Militarum and Militarum Tempestus. Both formations is enough points to throw into about a 500 point game and sounds way more fun than what I first bought.

I wouldn't mess with that guy, he's killed two humans, an ork and picked up the helmet of a marine that was shot through the eye lense by someone else, all over a 10,000 year period. Pretty hardcore bro!

What are you hoping for in the Start collecting: Dark Angels set?

I'm hoping for something other than ravenwing, maybe a greenwing formation that does something cool with an Interrogator Chaplain

I like the new helbrute kit pretty well although I can see why people don't like being forced into fielding a squishy half-flesh abomination, they should have included alternate back/legs encased in armor

I would like to get me one of those old chaos dreads though. I think I'll use one of those old ones, the new one I posted, plus a dark vengeance brute to give me a nice diverse mayhem pack formation

>Been an Helbrute plebs
>Not joining the Chaos Dreadnought master race

*astartes skull

>he doesn't know one of those human skulls was a chapter master

prove me wrong

Khorne, you should. You'd be using a true metal box.
This Word Bear gets it.

>greenwing

It'll be Terminators and Bikes and you know it.

desu the Dark Vengeance box is pretty baller for Dark Angels

and it is also better for chaos because you get cultists instead of useless chaos marines and a terminator lord

it sure looks like it painted itself

You also get Melee Chosen.

Honestly while the FW Chaos Dreadnoughts were nice, aesthetically they pretty much summed up everything that was wrong with the CSM aesthetic. Namely that the designers just took SM units, threw some spikes and scary faces on them, and called it a day.

Now that kind of aesthetic is fine for Renegades who've only recently fallen or CSM without much exposure to the Warp, but I can't believe that for a majority of the Traitor Legion warbands who hang out in an area of space where the Warp and reality overlap that the barrier between man and machine hasn't completely and utterly broken down. That to me is what is good about the new aesthetic heralded by Dark Vengeance, there is clear line between man and machine/armor. You can have power cables right next to intestines or even some combination of the two.

If Chosen got the discount on melee weapons Vanguard Veterans have, would they become usable?

No, because they're still a melee unit with no reliable way of reaching melee alive, which means they're trash in 7th edition.

Nah there's no way they would put that in the box, clearly those models were made to be sweet squad sergeants and a dark apostle.

looking for feedback for an anti-psyker tau army, most of my LGS has WAAC eldar

1000 pts - Farsight enclaves

HQ - 200 pts
Commander - Fusion blades, Stim, Talisman of Arthas Moloch, Iridium suit

Troops - 342 pts
Drone sentry turret - Deepstrike, missile pod, disruption pod
Drone sentry turret - Deepstrike, missile pod, disruption pod
2x Double plasma rifle crisis suit - bkr
2x Double plasma rifle crisis suit - bkr

FA - 120 pts
10x pathfinders - bkr

HA - 198 pts
3x railsides - sms, bkr

Assasinorum detatchment - 140pts
Culexus assassin

i'm aware of the faily obvious weakness that the pathfinders have low leadership and if they run, my broadsides will have no markerlights to work with, i'm not sure if trading 2x pathfinders for 1x shas'ui is worth or not

how good/fun are Space Wolves and Dark Angels?Thinking about starting w40k with one of these factions.
Space Wolves is horrible name tho. So fucking cringy

Chaos manifests differently than some cases, and the Chaos Gods are fickle with their gifts.

Break the Pathfinders down into two squads. You can spread your Markerlights out a bit more and the opponent will have to work harder to kill them or shut them all down.

DV is best for CSM because you can convert literally everything to Chaos, I've done it with multiple boxes. You get a chaos force that includes:

>chosen, which can be converted to other chaos units easily
>cultists
>a chaos lord
>helbrute, which can be fielded as is or converted into a better version like the FW ferrum infernus, sonic dread etc.
>a librarian to be converted into a sorcerer (pic related, shit phone cam s-sorry)
>a captain who can also be made into a sorcerer or other HQ
>10 marines who can easily be made into chaos MEQ or fallen angels
>bikes to make some sweet nurgle bikers or whatever you want, or as a mount for HQs
>terminators to be converted into chaos termis, obliterators, mutliators etc.

It really is by far the best deal for a chaos player who isn't afraid to put in some conversion work. I guess for newer players it might be better to play it safe until you've modeled up some basic stuff and have a big enough existing bits box to truly go wild though.

ah sweet thats a good alternative to not having the shas'ui, cheers

they are working on SC: Dark Angels?

wait why are cultists good and chaos marines bad?

As fun as you make them woyld be the standard answer, but in the case of the Sons of Russ probably not very fun for you.

Dangles are very cookie cutter.
You can use bikers, tacticals and Terminators or a combination theroff with a bit of air support on top.

>sweet squad sergeants
They look too different from the rest of the army.
They make everything look cheap.

>dark apostle
That's true though.

>they are working on SC: Dark Angels?
every other major army got one, why shouldn't Dangles

Has anyone here ever made a Gue'vesa force? Never really worked with Tau models before, but I'm thinking of fluffing it out as a mostly Gue'vesa force mixed with ally guardsmen (since I already have them) and the Tau heavy support.

How hard are Fire Warrior models to work with relative to Guard/how easy are they to switch heads? I also don't want to be an OP dick, but I hear that's not possible with Tau.

>wait why are cultists good and chaos marines bad?
Cultists are cheap mandatory Troop tax units, CSM are expensive mandatory Troop tax units.

10 CSM cost exactly the same as 10 tactical marines, but

>chaos can be swept because no ATSKNF or fearless, get fucked hard by morale
>most of their upgrades to attempt to fix this cost absurd points/don't even work well
>no chapter tactics
>no transports besides rhinos
>can't combat squad
>in an overall shit codex to begin with so don't have support elements to make up for these deficiencies

one of the great ironies of my main list is that I run fearless cultists in a helcult and chaos space marines who run away when shit gets too real. apparently cultists are more badass than ancient transhuman superwarriors.

>but in the case of the Sons of Russ probably not very fun for you.

why not? They are not for new guys?
I really like DA models

>I hear that's not possible with Tau.

It's actually not that hard if you play an old-fashioned Tau army. Focus on their Infantry, tanks, and regular Crisis suits instead of spamming the retarded Gundams. Bring along some Kroot and Vespid and steer clear of their Formations and you'll have a playable army that won't make people want to punch you.

Gue'vesa are literally just IG with IG equipment. There's no conversion necessary. Either take Tau with allied IG or use the FW Gue'Vesa infantry squad rules for a stupid cheap Troops tax.

No, but if space wolves name is enough to make you cringe then the long fangs, blood claws, wolf belt, wolf guard and whatnot inside the dex will probably trigger you untill you get a seizure.

That's actually exactly what I was thinking of, I love the Kroots. I originally wanted to try and make an only Kroot army till I found out it was impossible rules-wise.

>FW rules
I might do that, though I might use the fire warrior bodies still if the head swap isn't too hard. A lot of the comps near where I play don't allow forgeworld full stop.

to be honest i never really consider the tau troops as a tax, sniper kroot are fairly effective outflankers, strike/breacher teams can do a decent amount of fun shit with most HQ choices or you can be farsight enclaves to just have crisis suits there instead

I originally thought that sentry turrets counted towards the tax and wanted to just deepstrike 3 or 4 of them into cover near objectives for 3+ cover on AV11/11/11

I think these are ok. But space wolves? come on

I run Ld10/Zealot cultists, of which d6 respawn every game turn because they so badass they don't care about dying.

CSM, step up your game please.

>if the head swap isn't too hard.

I think you'll need to trim down the Cadian's neck a little bit, but other than that they should fit on fine. But as the other user said, fluffwise, Gue'vesa aren't running around with Tau equipment. You might be better off taking a small detachment of Tau as your Primary Detachment, to represent the army's overseers and leaders, then heavily invest in IG allies - be it a couple of large Infantry Platoons or some Carapace-armoured Veterans.

>. I originally wanted to try and make an only Kroot army till I found out it was impossible rules-wise.

if you can find yourself an old Anhgor Prok model then you can, good luck finding one though

>dark apostle

: ^ )

anyway, how do we fix the 2 wound HQs in the CSM dex?

I just saw one on ebay. I might pick it up if it's there later.

> don't run around with Tau equipment

40k wikia mentioned that in times of war, the Tau gave them stuff like pulse rifles as well as incorporating them in the fire caste. I'm still shitty on Tau lore, but that's just what I was going off.

So my SM playing friend asked why I only play some units as Chaos. "Why not terminators man? You have the models and they cost the same as my terminators!" Told him that we don't have the same wargear. He spent the better part of half an hour telling me how Chaos has it as good as SM and that there's nothing special about SM over Chaos, then he saw the terminators only come with power weapons.. Then he laughed out loud for a good five min.

So tell me gents, is there anyway to run chaos termies that is worthwhile?

>the only one of his kind to be extended this honour
>honour

typos in rule books fucking trigger me

>40k wikia

40k wikia is a famously bad source of fluff. It's absolutely crammed full of fanon and head-canon. Until recently people would enter their homebrew army fluff alongside estabished factions. Lexicanum is much, much better for this sort of thing.

Gue'vesa are never brought into the Fire Caste, just like Kroot aren't. Some of them are occasionally given Tau weapons as a reward for loyal service, but mechanically, that just means you'll see a few members of a squad with Pulse Rifles instead of lasguns.

Combi-meltas and a chainfist.

That's the British way of spelling it, you idiot. GW is a British company, what do you expect?

Get out of here burger, this is a britbong game!

Honour, armour, colour.

How long will it be before we get a definitive split between colonial babble and English?

Both the Mexicans and Spaniards, Portuguese and South americas managed to do it and they aren't that much older.

Has anyone seen this yet

Does this make DC dreads not as awful as they where?

8 attacks on the charge with shred seems pretty good

>Has anyone seen this yet
Nope, you're the first one.

Not him but it's a figure of speech, autist.

Not him but it's a joke, autist.

Should this count for chaos things like Maulerfiends and helbrutes?

it only states that it should apply to SM codexes, not CSM, so for now the answer is no

I am him so Poe's law friend : ^)

its not important anyway, just wanted to see what tg thought about this

GeeDubs is changing so fast and its scaring me

Should have known.

God fucking damn it.

No, it only applies to SM Dreadnoughts. Personally I feel it *should* apply to Hellbrutes, and Ork Dreadz, but it doesn't.

Maulerfiends get a 12" move, IMO that's already enough to make them semi-playable. Dreadnoughts are slow and liable to be tarpitted, so they're screwed on both fronts.

i agree that hellbrutes should be buffed, maybe not maulers because they have double the move speed

maybe this means CSM codex soon though don't count on it

I run both a Mauler and a helbrute so I'm well aware of that, however Maulerfiends get pitted just as easily, it's just wishlisting from my part.

Won't fix the problem with Grav making walkers stranded in the middle of nowhere which is the real killer but a small boost would be nice.

Don't worry I'm not holding out any hope, but perhaps we'll get a bit of mecy in the FAQ when the chaos one rolls around.

>I was just pretending to be retarded
Sure, buddy

Question about deny the witch

I've been watching tabletop tactics and when they roll to dispel warp charges, they only count a roll of 6 as a success

I'm looking in the rule book right now and i can't see anywhere that says the dispel rolls have to be 6, am i missing something?

>mercy
>for traitors

HaHa.
No.

Yeah you are right Dark Angels clearly need a update aswell.

edit: i'm blind and found where it says 6+

For each individual result of 6+, one Warp Charge point has been successfully
nullified. If the total number of nullified Warp Charge points is equal to or
greater than the number of harnessed Warp Charge points, the Deny the
Witch test has been passed and the psychic power does not manifest.

Yes, the paragraph that says you need a 6 to deny. I'm at work so don't have my book with me, but they're playing correctly.

Been in every thread for near on three days

Do you think we'll ever see newer versions of the more niche guard regiments? Some of these models are really cool, but I don't want to work with metal.