Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

roleplaygateway.com/jak-vitharn-t7154.html
archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Hybridization Funnel
archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Focusing Flask
archivesofnethys.com/MagicWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Alchemist's Bullet
d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances#TOC-Fungal-Stun-Vial)
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/full-pouch)
dungeonsmaster.com/2010/11/27-questions/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

With Automatic Bonus Progression giving you +Xs on your armor and weapons, are you allowed to trade some of those +Xs in for special abilities? Flaming, etc?

Spirit Whisperer Wizard 5 / Cleric 1 / Mystic Theurge 10.

Then 2 more level of Wizard and 2 more of Cleric.

Is this a good plan? The end result is 9th-level Wizard spell and 7th-level Cleric spell. But I don't have early level weakness of normal MT.

How do I necromancer? Is the best option just to roll cleric? Dirge Bard seemed neat and i really like the whole dancing the dead to life thing but waiting until level 10 to duplicate a 2nd-level spell by spending performance seems not great.

No.

No. The whole point is that ABP frees you up to spend cash on weapon abilities rather than enhancements. Keep in mind that attuning to a weapon doesn't make enchanting it cost more. It's just an enhancement bonus you can slap onto any one (or two) weapon

>To be as physically capable as he is while being a proper old-ass man, he must have had some hefty physical stats in his prime.
You don't even know the half of it

Pic related, what Scrooge was able to do in one small afternoon when someone made him mad. He's done more, like defeat the entirety of Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders SINGLE HANDEDLY!

McDuck is a top level Primal Disciple for sure

SCROOGE OF NATURE

Indeed. You think Scrooge was joking about having to work hard for his wealth? He earned his money bath by making the Wild West, Yukon, Africa, and Australia his bitch.

Don't Fuck
With McDuck

McDuck is what happens when the DM decides to take 'pity' on the guy playing a Fighter, and gives him a disproportionate point buy.

It's actually better to multiclass for necromancer.
Since you get multiple caster level that way. Which means you get multiple pool of undead HD cap limit.

He really did mellow out in his old age, didn't he?

[freebird intensifies]

Finally fulfilling his goal of having enough money for himself and his family, being rich, and old age, meant he didn't really have much a reason to keep fighting and and scrapping anymore. Plus I'm guessing as he got old and had to learn to interact with his younger relatives, he probably began to lose that temper a well.

Why would you need to wrestle lions or out-shoot Wyatt Earp when you can just sit back and make around $20K an hour just by sitting around?

>pointing Captain America.png

Well, mellowed or not, he hardly gave up the treasure-hunting life.

After all, adventure is the mother of industry.

Amen. Once an adventurer, always an adventurer

Best option is Oracle, Voodoo. Become an Elf or Half Elf. Pick up Arcane Chronicler Racial Class, and get Blood Money. Your necromancy is free and you have 6HD of Undead per level instead of 4. You can then go Battle Oracle and either go martial or ranged and work with your undead.

How do I run pic related?

What the heck is Arcane Chronicler?
How the hell do you have 2 Revelation?

Either Cthullu, or that one giant thing the Aboleths made in the Occult bestiary

The little tentacle men look a lot like some alternate form of sinspawn

Where the frag is this wonderful art from?

It says Wizards of the Coast on the bottom, so I'd imagine it was made by the Druids of the Mountain

It's a new MTG card. It's shit.

GM fiat, use abberations as the spawn.

Would I be gimping myself if I play a low RP race like Grippli?

A princely Grippli urban druid to be exact. So I can transform into human whenever someone kiss me.

Best character ever
roleplaygateway.com/jak-vitharn-t7154.html

Ancient Lorekeeper, and Warsighted I mean.

So tonight I managed to befriend a giant octopus that was attacking our ships with its gargantuan tentacles and have it act as guard for our fortress. Then in the same session my friend grabs me while I'm in bat form and puts me into a bag of holding II. I stop my wildshape and cut myself out with my scimitar. I forgot the ramifications of this, and was not warned by the DM, so now I'm stuck in extradimensional space. Help

Trying to get into this game. Have a few questions about some really simple stuff the core rulebook doesn't make very clear.

When talking about Skill Ranks per level, it usually falls within the 8-9 area. Since each rank in a skill gives an extra 4 to skill checks, does that really mean that players get 8-9 free skill ranks every single time they level up? Because that seems really broken balance wise.

Do class skills start out at rank 1 (with the 4+ check) or at rank 0?

On the tables showing what each class recieves when they level up, why does the "Base Attack Bonus" column divide into seperate numbers (e.g. +14/+8/+3)?

What is the purpose of Hit Dice? And how is it used to calculate HP?

This might just be because I had a few last night, but I just can't find where this is explained.

Still can't take Warsighted if you are already a Juju Oracle. You can't even abuse Ring of Revelation anymore.

1: What class are you looking at? Because if you're looking at a rogue it's because they don't have int as their main stat. Classes with High int get less skill points because they're expected to make it up with Int and focus on knowledges/spellcraft.

2. Class skills start out at 0 unless otherwise stated, you have to put one point in them to have them work.

3. The slashes determine extra attacks. You get one at +14 to hit, then another at +8, then another at +3 to hit. When you take a full round action to attack someone you can attack with these multiple attacks.

4. Hit dice is one per level, and depending on the class you choose, you start out with Max for the first level then roll for every other level, then add you con modifier and whether or not your bonus is health or a skill point. ((PS, don't get Toughness, it's shit.))

Warsighted is an Archetype that's stackable with Ancient Lorekeeper. It allows you versatility while having access to a spontaneous arcane spell list, giving you access to Blood Money and Control Undead.

> Since each rank in a skill gives an extra 4 to skill checks
What?

You seems to misunderstand something.... something huge....

Each rank only gives +1 to skill check.

Class skill give +3 bonus to skill check if you have 1 rank in it (and that only happen once).

Everything start at 0 rank. You have to put skill point point into it first.

I don't even know where your "get 8-9 free skill ranks" came from. Player get X+INT skill point depending on their class (and 1 more if they are human).

>When talking about Skill Ranks per level, it usually falls within the 8-9 area. Since each rank in a skill gives an extra 4 to skill checks, does that really mean that players get 8-9 free skill ranks every single time they level up? Because that seems really broken balance wise.
Most classes get 2+int ranks per level, or 3+int if you're a human. Each rank gives +1 to skill checks, with the exception of the first one which gives +4 if the skill is a class skill.

>Do class skills start out at rank 1 (with the 4+ check) or at rank 0?

>On the tables showing what each class recieves when they level up, why does the "Base Attack Bonus" column divide into seperate numbers (e.g. +14/+8/+3)?
Iterative attacks. So if your BAB is +13, on full attack(that is, if you just attack and don't do anything else*) you get to make 3 attacks at +13, +8 and +3.

>What is the purpose of Hit Dice? And how is it used to calculate HP?
HD is what you roll to determine hit points. So if a class has d10 HD, you roll 1d10+constitution bonus each time you level up and add that to your max HP.

Hit Dice is "your character level". It's useful to know when someone decide to go full retard with multiclass like 1 Inquisitor / 3 Magus / 2 Rogue.

You knew he still has 6HD.

I see, I'm using the Roll20 Pathfinder Character sheet, and when you change the rank of a class skill from 0 to 1 the total goes from 0 to 4.

>I don't even know where your "get 8-9 free skill ranks" came from.

I was just looking at Bards as an example, and they get 6 + Int Modifier, which seems like a lot compared to the others.

Cheers. WHFRP is childs play compared to all the numbers in Pathfinder.

That's because +3 bonus from class skill.
1 + 3 = 4.

Oh wow, now I feel like an idiot.

That clears it up, thanks.

Use Myth-weavers instead

>Blood Money
>a spell so broken and powerful only Runelord Karzoug knew of it
>giving it to PCs

Yea... no.

> trying to find Gnome art
> only found Halfling labeled as Gnome
Why..

I know your pain. I'm looking for half-elves and I keep getting humans and elves.

What disciplines that arent mithral current let you target flat footed AC?

Well.. to be fair, it was also recorded in the Anathema Archive.

Broken Blade has one iirc

Fool's Bullshit

Veiled Moon has sseveral

Time to roll a new character then.

Well, I found something that's uh. Interesting.

Be an Alchemist. This nets you +Int to the damage of any splash weapons you use.

Acquire this: Alchemist's Fire, Long-Burning: This substance has all
the standard qualities of alchemist's fire except that it burns
for 2 additional rounds after a direct hit instead of 1. The DC
to extinguish long-burning alchemist's fire is 17.
Dragon Magazine #: 334 (The Fires of Alchemy –
Alchemist’s Fire Explored)

Combine it with this: Flame Clove: A favorite with travelers, flame clove is a
garlic-like herb imbued with energy from the Elemental
Plane of Fire.
Raw flame clove contains a mild but unpleasant poison
(ingested; Fort DC 13; initial damage 1d6 fire, secondary
damage 1 Dex). When boiled in salt water and crushed and
blended into food, however, flame clove has a taste similar to
garlic and keeps hot food hot for 1d4 days without drying out
and with no outside heat source.
Adding a sprig of flame clove to alchemist's fire (which
must be done when crafting the alchemist's fire originally)
makes for a more potent batch. This enhanced alchemist's
fire deals double the damage of normal alchemist's fire and
burns for twice as long.
Flame clove is remarkably easy to grow and reaches
maturity a mere five weeks after planting and remains viable
for three weeks after that.
A single healthy mature bulb sells for 20 gp.
Note: This is a magical plant, meaning this plant was
created with magical properties, it is not naturally occurring.
See the “Arcane Botanica” sidebar on page 55 for more
information on this and other plants.
Dragon Magazine #: 357 (Arcane Botanica – Saplings,
Sprouts, Spells, and Seeds)

Now, acquire a caster capable of casting Full Pouch. This allows you to set the DC of any alchemical item to 10+Int+Spell Level. Heighten lets you get this up to 9th level, and feats and other increasers apply as normal. There's other ways to do it, but this works just as well.

Continued.

You have, at this point, a thing of Alchemist's Fire that does 1d6+Int, with 1+Int splash, and burns for 4 rounds of 1d6(MAYBE +Int, but debatable).

Then add this:
Alchemical Goad: An alchemical goad is
a thin liquid catalyst that can be mixed with
or injected into any other alchemical material
that normally creates an effect that forces its
target to make a saving throw. The result of
this combination is an increase to the saving
throw’s DC. The increase is in the form of a
+2 alchemical bonus for a standard alchemical
goad, a +4 alchemical bonus for a greater
alchemical goad, and a +6 alchemical bonus for
a sovereign alchemical goad.

For price references, Goad is 350gp, the Clove is 20gp, and the Long Burning Fire is 30gp and DC 25 to create. The Clove can, as stated in the description, be grown.

Now, grab yourself a Hybridization Funnel. Fuck being a Half-Elf, you don't need that shitty bonus.

archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Hybridization Funnel

Combine your single-item of Flame Clove and Alchemical Goad-modified Long-Burning Alchemists Fire with... well, basically whatever the fuck you want. If you really want to be a jackass, use a Fungal Stun Vial that was also combined with Alchemical Goad.

Now, make three doses of that in total.

Put THAT into this: archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Focusing Flask

This lets you stack three of them at once, BUT they can ignore them all with just one save. But between Alchemical Goad and Full Pouch, AND the +4 DC from three of the same item being shoved into it, you're unlikely to have enemies succeed on it.

Then, put THAT into this: archivesofnethys.com/MagicWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Alchemist's Bullet

Continued.

What if I want to remove weapons and armor attunement from the ABP, but still have other things like the bonus to saves progress normally? Assuming I adjust the amount of WBL given accordingly, that's not going to break anything, is it?

So at this point you have an Alchemist's Bullet loaded with a Focusing Flask, which itself is loaded up with three doses of a combination of Fungal Stun Vial (d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances#TOC-Fungal-Stun-Vial) and a Flame Clove/Sovreign Alchemical Goad modified Long-Burning Alchemist's Fire. It does three instances of 1d6+Int Fire damage, burns for 4 rounds of 1d6 fire 4 seperate times, Stuns enemies within 10ft for 2 rounds on a failed save, Confuses those outside of it, has a total of +10 to all DCs, has a DC of 10+Spell Level+Int (From the Full Pouch spell, d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/full-pouch)

Now put it in a Bolt version of an Alchemist's Bullet. Get an Autoloader Magazine from Steelforge 1. Getting a Least version is entirely acceptable, since it still gives you all the shit you need.

You've now got a crossbow that will infinitely produce your deathbolts at 1/round, still does normal damage, and can be used with a Bolt Ace.

>having a DM dumb enough to allow all of this

Oh, and to note, you can have multiple Autoloader Magazines loaded up with whatever combination of things you need.

Need crowd control? Get a low-damage bolt or one that doesn't do damage, and stick a Stun Vial and Tanglefoot Bag into it.

Need varying energy types? Use Alchemist's Frost/Shock/Acid.

Of course nobody is going to allow someone to actually do that. Shit, I'm the person who found it and I'm not using it, and I'd disallow it at my table. But it's fun to have came up with.

>Using Dragon Magazine
>Using Shitforge

What are some really, really cheap magical items that may be worth purchasing at level 2? I've got about 700 gold.

Potions of cure light wounds? Lesser restoration?

Depends on what kind of character you are. If you're a non-caster with UMD, Wand of Prestidigitation is 375 GP for 50 casts of a spell with a lot of clever uses.

This image makes me wonder; do your characters wear anything cute or casual when they're not all decked out in armor?

>her quests don't end in invitations to the royal ball

Yes, you can. If you have a +1 weapon then you can remove the +1 and replace it with Flaming, so you can have the benefit of the Flaming without the mandatory +1 enhancement like in normal rules.

Light armor can stay under your outerwear and I'm sure everyone here put glamered on their heavy armor

Glamered and comfort.

I would imagine that my sorcerer doesn't need to wear casual attire since robes and shit aren't full blown armor.

>I'm sure everyone here put glamered on their heavy armor
I doubt anybody would question the metallic clanging sound coming from your clothes.

> not wearing Djezet skin underneath.

>covering up your Diplomacy bonus

I played a princely grippli rogue once and I had a +30 to Stealth by level 4 and was doing 1d8+2d6+5+a few other bonuses every single round
[/spoiler] I didn't optimize at all, it was my first game

I don't actually need armor since im mythic.

>reverse trap landsknecht (Warlord)
nope, but the armor is pretty damn fabulous on its own

Who care? as long as it look cute.

Anyone know any good resources for helping put together a character, storywise?

All I really have is this: dungeonsmaster.com/2010/11/27-questions/

>Alchemist is working on shit when we have downtime, so it's either stay adventuring gear or stripped to a plain shirt and trousers when he's crafting
>Sorcerer has Djezet Skin. But he also has a gorrillion tattoos he insists on showing off, so he walks around shirtless a lot. Doesn't take off his goddamn sleeves of many garments though, so he usually looks like a jackass foreigner.
>Magus doesn't know what casual is. He's a defender of the weak, he has to be ready! He's totally a cool guy like those paladins, stop laughing!

Anyway I can initiate strikes with Vital strike?

>Mfw level 5 Trapper Ranger
>Have a flask crossbow
>Shooting Alchemical Fire with a beartrap attached
>Every round
>Throw a net with 10 beartraps on it if an enemy gets too close
Its just getting more and more ridiculous every session
Anyone got some ideas for dumber stuff?

Question for DSP here.

In Monster Classes - Undead, there is an interesting little feat called Selective Tangibility that requires you to have the Insubstantial subtype or Ectoplasmic form. Does this include the power Ectoplasmic Form, and by extension, the Dread's Nightmare Form ability?

I hope not.

Nope. Initiating a Strike is a Standard Action, and an Attack Action is a special type of Standard Action too.

So, nope.avi

The only way to make them interact is either by boosting your Vital Strike, or to use Seize the Opportunity alongside something like Eternal Guardian to make punishing opportunity vital strikes.

A Boost isn't a Strike, user. pls.

Greatsword Battler and Martial Charge.

It is the closest you are going to get.

Does taking a full-round action stop you from making attacks of opportunity?

I'm curious for the the general answer but the specific case I'm asking for, in case it changes something, is the PoW Myrmidon Fighter archetype, when it takes its defensive form to recover maneuvers.

>In order for the myrmidon to recover maneuvers, he must take on a defensive form as a full-round action, resetting his rhythm to continue the battle. When he does so, he recovers a number of maneuvers equal to his myrmidon initiation modifier (minimum 2) and until the start of his next turn, attacks made against him provoke an attack of opportunity and he can take a 5-foot step each time he is attacked (even if he has already taken one this round). In addition, he gains the benefit of the Combat Reflexes feat, and can us myrmidon initiation modifier instead of his Dexterity modifier for determining how many additional attacks of opportunity he can make.

>Greatsword
You will initiate a Strike after a Charge OR make the Charge attack with Vital Strike, but not BOTH. Stop giving wrong advice.

>Want to play a Kobold Myrmidon
>Find a picture I really like
>Check Kobolds on the SRD
I... uh...
Guess I won't.

Nope, even if you do a full-round action, you can still slap people if they try to get past you.

Read the feats, nigger.

Greatsword Battler

Your god teaches devastating greatsword techniques.

Optional Replacement: A chaotic neutral barbarian or fighter who worships such a god can replace a bonus feat or rage power with the following initial benefit.

Initial Benefit(s): If you have the Vital Strike feat, you can apply its effect to an attack you make with a greatsword at the end of a charge. If you don't have the Vital Strike feat, that attack deals 1 additional point of damage instead. The first time you make an attack of opportunity with a greatsword after using Vital Strike with a greatsword on your turn, you can apply Vital Strike to that attack of opportunity.

Advanced Prerequisite(s): Str 13, Cleave, Power Attack, Vital Strike, base attack bonus +10.

Optional Replacement: A chaotic neutral barbarian or fighter of at least 10th level who worships such a god can replace a bonus feat or rage power with the following advanced benefit, even if she doesn't meet the prerequisites.

Advanced Benefit(s): When you use Vital Strike, Improved Vital Strike, or Greater Vital Strike with a greatsword, the damage counts as continuous damage from an injury for the purpose of determining whether a target must attempt a concentration check to cast spells.

It doesn't say "You can take the specific action to take a Vital Strike", it says "You can apply it's effects at the end of a charge", which means that it is a conditional "If Charge, Then Vital Strike".

Martial Charge (Combat)

You have learned how to initiate a martial strike on the move, delivering them at the end of a charge attack.

Prerequisite(s): Base attack bonus +3, ability to initiate a martial strike.

Benefit(s): You may initiate a strike instead of making an attack at the end of a charge.

You can initiate a strike at the end. That strike, for the base weapon damage (And modifiers that ARE NOT from the strike or Boosts, if you have Mythic Vital Strike), will be multiplied by Vital Strike.

It doesn't stop you from making an AoO, though I don't even know how you got that idea from the Myrmidon text.

I don't think THIS works, but aren't there strikes themselves that make you do a charge, which you could then apply Greatsword Battler to?

Breastplate when she's fighting, she slips into an armored coat when she's relaxing thanks to a mix of Endurance, comfort, and well-placed paranoia that "something could pop out and attack any time, better to have something than nothing protecting me".

That likely would work, yes.

As long as there's nothing to show off the size of the kobold, you can use the art and play a lizardfolk myrmidon instead, since they basically look like bigger and better kobolds.

Post the art?

Read the explanation.

By RAW you are right, but RAI, I really doubt it. PoW is not first party, so a lot of GMs will outright ban this bad worded bullshit.

Sometimes I wonder who writes the rules worse: Paizo or DSP.

Don't Trapper Ranger has a limited trap per day??

Thanks!

It was mostly because when I read "Taking on defensive form as a full-round action" my mind immediately went to the total defense action, which doesn't allow you to AoO, though I quickly realised no, that's dumb, it's not related at all.

Then I read it some more, and realised I didn't actually have any idea about whether or not full-rounds in general work with AoO, since, for example, if you're casting a spell as a full round action that can be interrupted by an attack against you, stopping that spell for a bit to shank a dude who tried to slip past you didn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Something about this picture really appeals to me. I'm not sure what it is. Generally I try to pick out colored images for my characters, but I just really like this one for some reason.

Dunno if I could pass this off as a Lizardfolk, though. Not bulky enough, I think.

>Badly worded
It isn't badly worded? It's explicitly said that it works like that. It's only applicable on a charge, and requires you worship Gorum.

This feat came after the DSP published the PoW, where the Martial Charge came. It's not really their fault.

I just stick normal traps on and use the special traps for other stuff
GM gives no fucks