>Jumpchain IRC Chat

client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA

kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jumpers are there any jumps that you feel should have had a soundtrack perk, but unfortunately did not? I can not help but feel a great sadness that there is no soundtrack option in the FFXIV, Star Wars, and LoZ jumps.

Too many to count sadley.

Just get the soundtrack perk from Aquaria.
>Additionally, you will discover that, while the Verse itself may not be a part of these worlds, they have their own songs, and your newfound talents will work just as well in conjunction with those songs as they would before your departure.

Kamen Rider
Any of them

Speaking of. These are Core Medals I'm thinking of Creating, and making into Combos.
Thoughts Jumpers?

Kamen Rider Core Medals Combos-
Yeerks/Gou'auld/Las Plagas
Cazador/Death Claw/Rad Scorpian
Hungarian Horntail/Monster Hunter Dragon/Familiar of Zero Dragon(Not a Song Dragon)
Alpha Centauri Mind Worms/Xenofungus/Locusts from Chaeron
Salamander/Kraken/Golem?

Sounds neat. What are you thinking of for powers and Combo bonuses?

That I have not figured out yet.
The first Combo is all Parasites, maybe it would let me take over the enemy's body?
Second Combo would likely make me stupidly fast, and able to rip through the enemy
Dragon Combo is pretty obvious
Not sure for the fourth combo
And Elemental Combo would hopefully let me control the Elements

Bubblegum Crisis. It's been over a decade since i last saw that but i still remember the soundtrack.

Also anything with music by Nobuo Uematsu.

Okami definitely.

New Combo. God knows what it does
Lolith Born Spiders/Rom Born Spiders/Ungoliant Born Spiders

Needs more GIFTS.

It makes me very happy. Probably spawn lots of eldritch darkness spiders who are very very hungry?

GIFTS are both Sapient and non-evil.
Maybe their Evil Cousins who like Magic could replace one of them. But the three I chose are not only Giant Spiders, but born from a god-like being.

Although, Tommy, I have a question
You wouldn't mind terribly if I use a Basilisk to make a One-Off Medal? That doesn't fit into a combo.
Or maybe it'll fit into a combo I make later

As the guy who proposed the Centauri combo my general plan was Xenofungus head boosts intelligence slightly and allows slight manipulation of plant matter, Locust arms have wings and telekinesis, and Mind Worm legs burrow and are serpentine in joints. Combo would probably be forming a full on horde of energy Centauri life forms for bullet hell mode. I'm considering handing the Medals to Jormangandr, god knows he already has enough insanity perks that becoming a Greeed isn't likely to make him too much worse.

Basilisks aren't unique to Harry Potter, they're a known quantity in mythology.

Yes. But Basilisks vary from source to source. Like the giant chicken ones from D&D.
I like the Snake ones the most, and HP is the easiest place to get them.

>Centauri life forms for bullet hell mode
This is just beautiful Merchant

Can I get some help with finding a list of anti-mind/soul corruption perks?

Dream Power from Kirby, immunity to mind control and possession.

I kind of need anti-corruption perks, not anti-control perks.

Dream Power gives anti-corruption, too, actually. That user just didn't mention it.

Black-Hearted Bastard from Once Upon A Time, stops corruption through you actions, use of magic, or outside influence.

Corruption Adept from Spyro, still has the outside effects of corruption but no mental effects, letting you get benefits without downsides. Except for appearances.

Power of Dominance from Castlevania, means your soul can't be harmed without your consent.

Index from A Certain Magical Index, vastly increased resistance to mental poisoning, and nigh-complete immunity to the form of mental poisoning a grimoire uses.

Ah sorry I read that as control.
It doesn't say anything about anti-corruption, or even imply it really. I'd copy and paste it but I can't seem to copy it for some reason.

Kingdom Hearts has a few.
Don't Ever Change, Battle at the Centre of the Heart and Light My Way all work to one degree or another against mind control/possession/corruption.
The black coat you can buy in the same jump outright blocks corruption and taint.

Alright, thanks everyone.

Where can I get shapeshifting clothes/armor?

Drive Clothes from Kingdom Hearts. You can also import a set of clothes you already have.

D&D has various shapeshifting outfits. Vestment of Many Styles is one i remember and they're pretty cheap as far as magical items go in-setting.

If you just want to stay clothed Darkstalkers has a perk that lets you magically create clothes and accessories whenever you want to.

Symbiote has those things which can create armor and clothing so long they got matterials.
Ah.
Well I cannot remember anything more, but perhaps something like finding Venom and making such armor based on him (Tony fucking Stark did make an armor based on the symbiotes from Marvel this...it was quite the cool armor).

Thats about all I remember.

Two more Combos

Xenomorhph/Chryssilid/Botfly
Zerg/Tyranid/Rachni

Also, I propose a change to Parasite Combo. Rather than Las Plagas, why not The Flood?

Add whatever Duke's dear Freja is.
For fun.
What are we talking about?

There's probably some Marvel combo with the unstable molecule outfit that should meet your needs.

In the Animal crossing jump it says all companions get a house does that include future companions as well?

Young Justice has a Bio-Suit that can do that.

The OOO Driver in Kamen Rider needs three "Core Medals" made from Animals.
I have the ability to make my own Core Medals.
If you make them right, and the animals are connected in some way. you can make a "set" of Medals. Which Combo together in the OOO Driver.

Combos not only have the "base" ability of each Medal, but also something extra for using them together.

chickens? you're thinking cockatrice's. D&D basilisks are more crocodiles with too many legs and a mean gaze.

Right, sorry, my mistake. I would swear there is SOME setting that has them as Chickens.
Maybe Adventure Quest?

shadowrun has clothes that can change styles and colors.

hell, I dunno. Some myths conflate cockatrices and basilisks so it's quite likely.

What is more useful 3X Potential in Nanoha or Book of Darkness ??

So /jc/, how Veeky Forums are you? Do you even train anymore?

Speaking of symbiote, what other Jumps let you have voices inside your heart?

Incredibly Veeky Forums. But not a Body-builder's build. More lean muscle.
I don't train super often, since I prefer to work in my Lab when I have free time.
But I do it just to keep up my improvements, since I have a perk that makes sure my skills/abilities don't backslide from not using them.

I don't see the point. What's scarier than a tiny cute creature defeating colossus with a slap?

Vanity, Vanity is the point. It's the only point really, when you can look however you want and still have the same power.

Blody roar has a machine that makes your clothes always fit you.

Inside your head.

I should stop writing from my phone.

Dresden Files, pick yourself up a Blackened Denarius, you can thank me later.

Halo has Smart A.I which with the right armor/neural interface can become a voice in your head.

Soul eater has BlackBlood Weapon which due to wavelength communication and being your blood now basically adds another voice to your head.

Portal
Naruto

I'm usually using three different bodies, for variety.
One is Veeky Forums, through not bodybuilder-esque.
One is decidedly not fit at all, just being cute and cuddly instead.
And one is just skin and bones. without the skin, because skeletons best.

And no, I don't work out. There's no point. The Veeky Forums doesn't deteriorate and I'm too lazy to train for physical strength.

Some of us are vain in how adorably cute we are.

Other than trolling velmas fragile mind by shoving magic down her throat at every chance what is there to do in scooby do?

Wtf captcha

Solve mysteries.

And that's an acceptable option. All options are acceptable.

>shoving magic down her throat at every chance

Implant a GPS chip in Scooby.

So they stop asking where the fuck is Scooby

That moment when you Jump and you look at the Perks/Items/Gear, and realise "...I don't need that or that or that..." until you have like only one Perk.

No beef to the Jump Makers tho.

Yes.

I'd like a second opinion on an idea I have for the Arcanum Jump I'm making before I sink a lot of time into it.

Initially, I was going to have the Backgrounds be mostly fluff, but a number of them really should give boosts and penalties to certain Stats. It was pointed out to me a while ago that if I leave it vague and don't assign some kind of values to things, most Jumpers would be inclined to ignore the text or simply fanwank it as far more powerful than it is.

Example:
Super Model – You are a stunning gorgeous person and have been pampered and coddled all your life as a result. You gain a tremendous bonus to your beauty, but your willpower is weakened, your physical strength significantly reduced, and your intelligence... well, let's just say blonde is a good color for you.

I know I can't just use the +numbers and -numbers the game itself uses, so I was thinking of turning them into a percentage based thing. +10% Strength, -10% Charisma, that kind of thing.

Example:
For Super Model: -20% Strength, -10% Willpower, -30% Intelligence, +60% Beauty.

However, I'm unsure if the board in general would find this an acceptable solution, or if I should just assign "Base Stats" with each Race and establish what the highs and lows of Stats mean in terms of the world at large. Just to be clear, the percentages would /not/ count towards your out of Jump powers. You don't get to go Barbarian Half-Orc and get something like a 80% Strength boost. Unless, you know, that's what everyone wants.

Personally, I think that might make this Jump a bit too much of a power grab, and I don't want that.

If something gives you a permanent drawback nobody is going to take it.

Perhaps I was unclear. The percentages I'm talking about are only to illustrate how much better or worse that option is compared to the standard being in the world. It's not something that would follow you out of the Jump,

So if someone takes a Barbarian Half-Orc, they're going to have a lot of trouble thinking for the duration of the Jump, but not for the rest of their Chain.

But will it let me find Scooby?

>I don't need that or that or that
>Need
Who cares about Need? I want stuff.
Do I need Yet Another Speed boosting Perk, or Yet Another Super Mode like the 8-Gates? No, but I want them

It get a resounding meh from me. Do the benefits stay after the jump if the downside leaves?

I like it as it is. I hate when people put fixed numbers on things, and I think most of us are... Mature is the wrong word, but let's just say mature anyway... enough to handle those backgrounds. I'd just make it clear that you either keep or lose the positives and the negatives. Otherwise people will wank that they get to keep the good stuff and lose the bad stuff.

I don't think you need hard numbers. Most jumps do quite well without those, and it's not like you can quantify being "60% more beautiful" anyway.

As you can see you're already getting whining about the negatives, so i'd do away with those altogether or make them drawbacks.
Just have each background get a bonus to their iconic attribute and be done with it.

Bump

I'm more of:
"Do I need this? Yes or No? No? Cool. Do I want it? Yes or No?" At that point, the answer's usually no.

Well, that, and I like being efficient too.

Pretty sure it's just the companions you import that get houses.

There's a whole Divination school that I think you'll enjoy.

I'm really leery about doing that. I'm not charging any CP for Races or Backgrounds, so I'm trying not to hand a ton of power out for free.

Specifically though, why is it meh?

I can see I will need to make some kind of note to that effect, yes. That's a good idea about making it an all or nothing affair though. Thank you.

See, that's exactly the opposite of what was pointed out to me when I posted an early form of the WIP with no stats assigned to anything. As it is now, the backgrounds make mention of certain "stats" going up and down by vague amounts, but it was suggested I make them something more concrete.

>Specifically though, why is it meh?
Twofold. First, you said it only affect in-jump base stats, which means practically any perk blows the bonus/penalty out of the water.

Second, I'm ambivalent about fixed numbers.

HA! My ruse was successful! By asking you how to find Scooby, I can find Magatama from Nocturne in SMT jump, to become a Demi Fiend. SMT user said that one can do it without perk, it's just hard.

Question.
If you take Demon race, can you take the Demon Fusion perk? If so, how does it work.

Is the Nocturne Magatama different in any way? Can't you just make one with sacrificial bestowment or have someone make it, then proceed to take it into you?

I mean, the Demon fusion that makes you into a weaker Demi fiend. Didn't it require you to be human?

I... think you've misunderstood. I'm not that Jumpmaker. I was merely responding to your question in jest.

Perhaps I will just toss the numbers aside and work on something more productive then. It seems to be fairly meh across the board. I'll just stick with generic descriptions and let people do what they want with it.

Does it really work that way?

I am aware you are not that jumpmaker. I was also making a joke, followed by legitimate questions

Fuck if I know, but that's how I'm interpreting it.

I really need a picture of Buzz Killington to post for when I fail to recognize humor in such an epic fashion. I'll google one up later.

I tend to keep myself soft and cute, but my wife generally goes about built like the contents of a Hammerfell armoury.

Cook for a couple groovy dudes, open a professional prosthetic make up company, and entertainingly lucrative abandoned property realty.
Captcha once gave me a picture of the moon landing flag for "street signs."

11. Generic Sugar Bowl

- Background: Drop-In
- Perks: Lets's Get Going {Discount, 800}, Let's Get Down To Business {Discount, 700}, Who's a Good Kitty? {500}, Sharing is Caring {300}
- Items: Lucky Charm {200}, Picture Book Of Secrets {0}
- Future: Move On

>"Aдмиpaл, пocмoтpитe! Oни нacтoлькo мaл!"

>"Please, Armenia, you know I can't speak Russian very well."

>"Sorry, sorry. I mean to say, 'Admiral, look! They are so tiny!' Can we keep one?"

>"These are people!"

>"Oh! That would explain why they are babbling in fear. I am sorry, little people!"

We need a new Slot 7 again.

Kirby

Rolled 1 (1d8)

>1. Jade Cocoon
>2. Wakfu
>3. Cardcaptor Sakura
>4. Fairy Tail
>5. FFTA
>6. Teen Titans
>7. Kirby
>8. Aion

Moar Kamen Rider for the list

So if I use Plug N Play to use Switches with the OOOs Driver does that make me Kamen Rider 444s?

Maybe. But given that OOO is pronounced "Oze" (like you'd say the plural of O), 444 would be pronounced..."Fourze". So I'm not sure anyone would notice your word play.

Not gonna lie, it took me a moment to get the joke.
Then I laughed.

u cheeky fookin' nando's

You, and a demon of the Race chosen for the Perk's effects, fused with a human. Whether the demon you were became the dominant personality, or your in-jump self becomes the human, is something I'm letting you fanwank.

They're made from tougher demons. Also, they literally don't exist without a shitton of time travel and universe hopping to get you to the Nocturne era. I do not approve of this, and if you try to say you become just as powerful as Demi-Fiend and gain the power to blow up universes by flexing (even though that's not how it works), I will laugh at you.

You can use Sacrificial Bestowment on yourself, but the Magatama does nothing for you, because it is you. But yes, you can go human and have a demon companion make a Magatama for you, and get your magic glowy tattoos on. Just, keep in mind that the Demi-Fiend's Magatama was hand picked by Lucifer. You'll likely surpass the donor in time, but don't expect to become THAT powerful.

If you mean the Boosted version, then you start the jump from the perspective of the human, seeing as the demon you were before is now a horrible parasitic worm.

2 years to get all the power in it, then one more decade on top to attain mastery.

I'm 99,99% certain someone else asked me something last thread, but I can't find it anymore. Please speak up if you're here, mysterious asky person.

...Thank you for reminding me of that Semblance. Now I know where I'm going after Xena/Hercules.

cardfight! vanguard

Rolled 4 (1d8)

27 Viscera Cleanup Detail
Age 36
Aerospace Sanitation Inc. Janitor
Cleanup Detail 101, Dr. Janitor, If You Would(Particle Physics)-300, Sanitized Earth -100, What Kinda Party Was This? -100, Nerves of Steel -100,
A-Series Space-Mop, MuckGyver Sniffer, R2 High Energy Plasma Laser Welder -50, Rooks Keep Figurines/Ballistic Weapon Toys -50,
Import(Terra[Human, Aerospace Sanitation Inc. Janitor, Cleanup Detail 101, Nerves of Steel -100, A-Series Space-Mop, MuckGyver Sniffer, Slosh-O-Matic Bucket Dispenser/What-A-Load Disposal Bins Bin Dispenser -200], Kameko[Human, Aerospace Sanitation Inc. Janitor, Cleanup Detail 101, A-Series Space-Mop, MuckGyver Sniffer, X-Butanateor Incinerator/Fireplace/Woodchipper -300], Aurelia[Human, Aerospace Sanitation Inc. Janitor, Cleanup Detail 101, Hacking? -150, Nerves of Steel -100, A-Series Space-Mop, MuckGyver Sniffer, R2 High Energy Plasma Laser Welder -50], Yukiko[Human, Polar Sanitation Co., Sanitized Earth, Christmas Crisis Averted -150, Cleanup Detail 101 -100, A-Series Space-Mop, Rooks Keep Figurines/Ballistic Weapon Toys, MuckGyver Sniffer -50], Morgan[Human, Dark Pact Estate Agency, Nerves of Steel, The Cask of Amontillado -300, A-Series Space-Mop, A taxidermied Deer Head], Glacia[Human, Polar Sanitation Co., Sanitized Earth, A-Series Space-Mop, Rooks Keep Figurines/Ballistic Weapon Toys, The Office -300], Li[Human, Dark Pact Estate Agency, Nerves of Steel, House of Honor -150, Cleanup Detail 101 -100, A-Series Space-Mop, A taxidermied Deer Head, Evil Book -50], Aine[Human, Zilla Enterprize, What Kinda Party Was This?, Ka-Ching -150, Cleanup Detail 101 -100, A-Series Space-Mop, Mr. Two Million Dollars, MuckGyver Sniffer -50])-300,
Well, we're kept busy, but not too busy for spending time at the bar. Really, that seems all there is to do here.
Continue
1 Changeling the Lost
2 Teen Titans
3 Madoka
4 Bleach
5 Johnny Test
6 Final Fantasy XIV
7 Innistrad
8 Squirrel and Hedgehog

Welp, time to completely derail the final arc before the first one. Need a new 4.

Weird Wild West?

God of War
A certain magical index

queued
saved and saved.

>built like the contents of a Hammerfell armoury.
Alright. It made me giggle.

Who are the best snipers in the chain?

also what are the best mind control emotion/control perks.

Would people like jak and daxter, crash or zendikar next week?

Zendikar, please.

Zendikar sounds fun
you just want to be there when the eldraazi arrive don't you?

Zendikar.
I must give Zendikar an Avacyn Tier Angel
Let Sorin figure THAT one out

What Jumps are good to start?

>Who are the best snipers in the chain?
I dunno, The End?