WIP- Painting - Sculpting - Converting general

> agrax is love, agrax is life edition
Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate, motherfucker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

Other urls found in this thread:

cpmodelsminiatures.co.uk/CP MODELS 20MM FANTASY MINIATURES.htm
youtube.com/channel/UCTfnfIY3Kyxcv8sWck4sxvQ/featured
youtube.com/watch?v=A8YE2nt7F_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for pizzazz

Second for sassafrazz

Making some more custom deathwatch. A crimson fist (the midget), son of Antaeus ( the giant), and a black dragon.

The son of Antaeus might look a bit weird. He's got a flamer in his right hand almost like a walking cane. And he's resting his hand on the pommel of his sword with his left.. It looks a bit weird from this angle.

Anyone know a good place I can buy some ornamental doodads I can stick on the sides of buildings? I'm trying to finish up a mausoleum and I need some visual kibble.

>SoA
My brother.
How did you make him taller.

Makin' some lootas.

Any comments on my Tau pihranha ?

The drone tops are backwards.

Really ? I thought it was cool this way

looks kind of boring/unfinished as far as color goes but i like flashy high contrast stuff.

Ok ,thank you for your feedback

Is there no how to paint IG on the links? Can't find it at least

I like the color palette you've chosen, but this looks a little sloppy. some of your highlights need neatening up, and I would consider some brighter highlights (up to white?) on the greys. Your OSL or whatever that blue ink is supposed to be would look like a mistake if it wasn't symmetrical. Consider putting in more effort on that or painting it out

Go on Warhammer tv.

Ah I meant the guide books not general videos, unless I'm missing something

About 90% finished with my first sister. Primer went on a bit thick but other than that I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, though I'll probably tone down the weathering a bit

I see you applied the weathering with a brush?

Try using a sponge with a bit of the weathering color on it, dab it along the edges. Looks much cleaner.

Other than that, pretty good first miniature -- From now on it's a matter of getting better at seeing the little details and learning brush/paint control

Not my first mini, I've painted about 2k points of space marines before this, though this is my first time using resin and black primer

To from the last thread.

cpmodelsminiatures.co.uk/CP MODELS 20MM FANTASY MINIATURES.htm

Those, sorry for being retarded.

Pretty sure this dude on the left is doing windmills.

He's metal as fuck.

It's been a while since I painted anything but I decided to give him a go today.

The green on the eyes is a bit messy I would use a waywatcher glaze to give the right effect :)

It's exactly what I used, I didn't get the effect I wanted though..

Have you thined it with lamian medium ?
It keep the property of the paint while thinning it down

Link to previous thread anyone? I misplaced mine.

You could try buying some (greenstuff) molds so you can make your own or buy some easy mold and make some out of existing bits.

Maybe greenstuffworld.com can help?

just gett thhe general book from GW.

quickpainted fuhatsu
the base is crap but I'll add some basing turf as soon as I can get it

lord duncan is in trouble. the starter kit vids have been redone with emma. the end times are upon us.

Love that model. Malifaux sure does look nice, but no one plays it in my area.

Do people usually sculpt/do conversions of multiple figures at a time or just one figure?

Actually, I think he is probably doing the videos for the 3 upcoming flyer boxed sets for this saturday. They probably (and understanbly) wants him to do videos of flyers for better sales.

unfocused/10

Been working on this for my malifaux crew, i'm still unsure about how to paint the clothing and wing membranes but I think it's coming along ok.

I like the colors, and it looks like the paintjob's pretty nice and clean, but it's really hard to tell, because the picture is focused on the books instead of the model.

could you post pictures of the back ones? this gave me inspiration to start doing some of mine. what chapter is the devastator from?

Here's a better pic

>posts a picture with the EXACT same problem

Not sure if bait. But that sponge looks pretty nice.

>out of focus
>non-resized
>stuff in the background
at least you're not posting a selfie with it I guess

My phone can't focus for shit it's like a curse ,doing some cool miniature but unable to share with anyone

Don't tempt me user ...

looks great imo, very subtle and well done OSL

So I am working on a wyvern/katusha stand in, mainly because I had lots of hunter killer missiles.

I wonder should the missiles have a flat configuration like a katusha rocket truck or a round configuration like a Nebelwerfer?

5/10 simple and clean looking table model, I choose 5/10 because you lose 3 points for having tiny bait pictures.

Phone focus ain't free m8 but thank you anyway I was looking for advice on the color scheme

most phones work fine if you just tap the general area of the model and you're not too close to it.

equally proper lighting is key as well, more or less light may be needed to allow the phone to refocus.

I checked ,my phone don't have focus or if it does , it is very bad

Newbie painter who bought an eclipse here. In the last thread people were adamant that you need a good compressor. What do you guys normally recommend?

Working on my Iron Hands contemptor.

I have the materials to mold some bits... unfortunately I don't have any appropriate bits. I'm thinking of stuff like gargoyles, crests, plaques, etc.

I use Paasche D3000R 1/8 HP Compressor with Tank, Regulator and Moisture Trap. Basically you want a tank, regulator, and either attached or separate moisture trap. Then it's just one with the correct psi.

Does anyone know of any vaguely Hogwarts student looking miniatures out there? I really want to paint one because reasons.

I bought a cheap dollar store plastic figure I wanna strip the paint off and repaint. What should I use to get the paint off?

Can't quite get the picture to show the shading, it can't tell dark blue blended with purple from black. Anyone got some advice here?

Nice, but not dark enough. Looks more like an IW dread.

Just look for a tank compressor that's $100 or more.

Alright, I was slightly worried because I actually ordered a compressor already by the time I had heard the warnings.

The one I ordered is a 3liter tank, attached moisture trap and can operate between 2 and 60 psi with its regulator.

You get some sort of respirator? Acrylics aren't toxic, but the dust still isn't something you want to breathe. If you're dipping into enamels & lacquers (for clear coats, maybe) you're dealing with organic vapors and NEED a filtered respirator.

Imperial Fists

I got a 3m respirator for paint projects

You're set. Get painting.

Cool. The airbrush won't get here until Monday though.

anyone got any recomendations for a substitute glue in place of the citadel for new 40k stuff? I got gorilla gel glue that i wanted to try.

Also, any good air brushing resources? I have an iawata neo and an iawata compressor in the mail. Should i just use citadel air paints?

>Link to previous thread anyone? I misplaced mine.

How's this?

>Do people usually sculpt/do conversions of multiple figures at a time or just one figure?

It depends entirely on what they are going to be.

>what chapter is the devastator from?
>Imperial Fists

It's Rodricus Grytt. He wields the massive Deathwatch Frag Cannon as his big shoota.

Seeing as it looks like some strange looking 6-rad, it should have a circular Werfer config

>I bought a cheap dollar store plastic figure I wanna strip the paint off and repaint. What should I use to get the paint off?

You might consider scrubbing the paint off with non-acetone nail polish remover. I've had some luck with it when used on the kind of styrene Citadel makes their models out of, but I couldn't pomise you it's not gonna hurt whatever your figure is.

use your bulk to crush the model and then cut your own throat with the shards

>use your bulk to crush the model

Hammer of Wrath attacks are resolved at one's basic strength, user.

calm yourself spaztic.

You're barely keeping your paint in the lines here, much less keeping your layers opaque. Shading is like fourth or fifth down your list

youtube.com/channel/UCTfnfIY3Kyxcv8sWck4sxvQ/featured

The way this guy talks may make me want to gut him and use his entrails to choke the life out of him but all his stuff on airbrushes is good advice.

>settle for hideous models

Cool, shitbird. The world is your hugbox

Simple green. Soak it overnight, scrub the moddel with a tooth brush in the morning. Works on GW plastic, meta (but just use acetone for metal) and forge world resin.

how the hell do you get highlights like that marine? they look good

You don't have to be a dick about it

>Dear Pissybitch,

I like your model a lot, it is really pretty, except it sucks major ass. I really like how you accentuated the flatness of the model with jarring transitions and inept application of paint. Keep it up!

Your best friend,

Everyone

don't listen to either of them, super clean is superior for anything

>how the hell do you get highlights like that marine? they look good

Those aren't highlights on the blue burna boy. Their scrapes and scratches in his coat of blue paint from when he was stored haphazardly in a box with other similar models. I think I got him in an eBay lot as a freebie with something else that I actually felt like paying for and decided to try saving him with the non-acetone nail polish remover.

Gaah, I got exactly 2 seconds in, then lost

Which painters on youtube do you guys like?

>Which painters on youtube do you guys like?

Is this a trick question?

I just put some green stuff in between legs and chest piece. Then I made sure he had a gun holster on his hip so he didn't look too thin around the waist.

Sure man here you go.

I've been watching Tabletop Minions lately; he's not a super pro painter or anything, but his stuff's sound

Damn, I really like these. The flesh tones on Vael Donatus's face are especially nice!

youtube.com/watch?v=A8YE2nt7F_8
i like his tuts, it's pretty comfy that you get to see tje whole process, but as i posted a couple threads ago, he sometimes talks with his minis

Its nice to see a video of someone actually using a brush for a change.

>HEEHAW
oh what the fuck

yeah, i hate airbrush videos too

Might be opening myself up for meme exposure here, but why is Duncan getting the door?

if you think that's strange jump to the second vdeo for some high quality roleplaying

Very much depends what you're doing. I'm a 'my dudes' guy so I like to convert almost everything.

Squads I might cut and repose together. Characters I will do by themselves.

It is always worth having some minor guys standing by that need gap filling or something to make use of your spare greenstuff when you sculpt other things.

Worth getting a cheap sonic cleaner for your air gun too. Good cleaning is pretty much the most important part.

They're about $30 on ebay.

Fuck he's like some shitty MTV presenter.

Painting buddah. Decent tutes with brushes. They also seem like normal people which is nice.

Haven't been any new videos for months though.