Did I do this wrong?

>Be DM, having the characters undercover within a lawless merchant port used by purates, scum, etc. Looking for the leader of a revolution in their home country, who is looking for allies.
>The resident Retard Bard, or Tard for short, is your typical fuck everything in sight. He has attempted to lay every woman NPC I send their way, with little success.
>Decide that enough is enough, and test just how much of a thirdty idiot he is, and throw a obvious trap for his character as the party goes to their Inn for the night.
>"As all of you turn in for the night, Tard notices a beautiful, raven haired woman beckons to to him."
>Reminder, this is a outlaw city filled with Thieves and cut throats, and the players are expecting a assassin to strike at any time.
>Yet, beyond all reason, he follows the lady into a ally and than into another room. The only one who tries to stop him is the LG Cleric, but the Tard flips him off
>I explain that yes, the Tard finally does get lay'd, and they have ball busting sex all night long, fade to black.
>The party finds the dead corpse of the bard laying in a pool of blood, stripped of all his valuables and money, with around 5 to 10 stab wounds his back. He had fallen for a obvious honeypot scheme. They dont even know if it was the BBEG's doing or what.

Was it bad of me to take advantage of a characters flaw like that?

The right to fuck anything and indeed everything that moves is one that can not and should not be robbed.

Probably the worst meme of all time

Kill yourself

>Probably the worst meme of all time

What started the "Lusty Bard" meme? Was it those series of comics that used to be posted here all the time?

You know the ones, featuring that girl elf always getting angry at the bard knocking up *yet another* woman.

Did you give the Bard the chance to make any mind of waves against the seductress' assassination attempt, or did you just declare that the character was dead once the story resumed the next morning? If you gave the Bard the chance to defend himself then I'd say you didn't do anything wrong, but if you just killed the character without letting the player so anything about it, I'd say you in fact wrong.

"Make any kind of saves"

I hate this phone's keyboard.

Better than death by syphillis, I guess.

Just having one of the PCs straight-up die without any chance to notice what's happening and try to avoid/stop it once the actual thievery/murder scheme happens is pretty bullshit.

If the Bard was an NPC, then sure.

If the woman drugged him, and then he legitimately rolled and failed a Constitution check and she robbed and murdered him after he was unconscious, sure.

But just having the PC go with the woman making it an automatic successful assassination completely "offscreen" is pretty much bullshit. There are lots of ways for a robbery/assassination to go wrong after the last point where you gave the Bard an actual choice.

Sort of. The way it played out, was that the sedductress wasnt the one doing the killing. I gave him three seperate spot checks to use, and he passed three of them. The first two telled him that the sedductress was unarmed, and the room was empty besides the two of them. His third, to see if there was anybody nearby, showed him three guys that they passed exiting the inn, drinking and armed with swords who gave the girl a whistle as she passed by. I also made the distinction of asking if he had with held any items while having sex.

The way it went was the bard gets lured in by girl, strips to have sex. The men would make sure they were inside, and when they were done having sex, they'd go in and kill him while he was unarmed. I didnt really give him any "Roll or Die" saves, because it seemed like it was a pretty shut and done situation.

That does not sound properly handled, especially if he had class levels. If he was conscious at the time, he should have had the chance to fight back.

Fighting off a trio of would-be murderers while buck naked is ENTIRELY the sort of thing an adventuring bard might end up doing.

it wasn't bad. However, you should've played out the combat, instead of just saying "u ded"

Assassins have the death strike ability [which they can even use unarmed].

Whilst I agree with these two guys, I can appreciate when a player can really grate on you as a GM. If the player never saw the possibility of it being a trap then you could've made them roll an int/wisdom roll to realise he's being played.

what woman would have sex she knew she didn't have to? shenanigans.

>What started the "Lusty Bard" meme? Was it those series of comics that used to be posted here all the time?
How about chicks banging musicians like mad since music was invented?
Naw, you're right, the meme was probably started by a comic a few years old.

Funny how the lustful bard meme is usually seen with those images, rather than a handsome young man or woman.

There is clearly an association, one typically comes with the other.

This.
Never assume a PC can't survive a battle.
Dice are there for a reason.

Nope not handled well

You engineered the situation purely to fuck him. up. You assumed he would stay the night, you didn't give him an encounter or a chance(even without items he could have made a fuss, fought back with whatever was to hand, escaped through the window etc etc.)

There were ways to punish him for that behavior without killing the character. It would have been perfectly acceptable to steal his gear(if he failed a hard perception/spot check) or poison him and give him problems to roleplay out(poison isn't always fatal but it can fuck up your insides)

Well, yeah. They're a perfect representation of the meme.

>what woman would have sex she knew she didn't have to?
Well, an actual woman that enjoys sex might.
You know, the kind you'll never interact with or even be able to conceive of?

I support OP's view - if you do something irredeemably stupid that would almost certainly get you killed, and you are warned against it, and you do it, you deserve to be killed, and it is right and just.

The scene is set as "expect assassination, muggings, trickery and scumbaggery, with a good chance of death at every turn" and the player opted for "I walk off alone lol".

If dived into a lava flow would people be shouting "but he should have got a Fort save!"?

Yep, that sounds heavy-handed. "Bad guys come while you're sleeping and murder you" is one of the cheapest ways to off PCs. Remember, the default procedure is bad judgement, opportunity to escape, failure.

Here, it looks like he made a bad judgement, but gave him no opportunity to escape, essentially killing him in a cutscene. So from the player's perspective, it definitely looks like
>u ded lol
making having a system of rules (and remember, PCs in D&D are pretty badarse simply by virtue of having PC class levels) entirely pointless.

Also, sounds like you did way too much meaningless rolling. Only
>three guys that they passed exiting the inn, drinking and armed with swords who gave the girl a whistle as she passed by
seems at all relevant. I may also have asked for an insight or sense motive or whatever roll to see if there was anything suspicious about the girl.
Off-topic technical question while I'm here: I've been getting "connection error" if I try to post from the floaty thingy the last couple of days. Firefox. What did I break and how do I fix it?

DnD having rules for lava burns aside, he didn't 'dive into a lava flow' but was buck naked in a room with three armed guys.
That's an encounter with odds stack against him, but far from a auto-die scenario.
The DM has fucked up, in a massive way. Pure and simple.

I used to play bard and this was sort of imposed on my character, I just never fought it, later just going with it and fucking a couple of NPCs. Everytime he fucked someone, something bad happened either to him or to the girl. Dick of Doom.