Dragonball Quest #33

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a thirteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

General Blue

>>youtube.com/watch?v=e6d3gm_upVo

Olmec, you look pretty!

you must go back!

Looking very pretty today SOM!

You trade information with Goku and Krillin, filling them in on everything that's happened, before they tell you what they've been up to.

Apparently they actually found someone matching the description Lazuli gave, despite her making the story of being attacked by him up. Coincidentally, that man apparently worked for the Red Ribbon Army, and Goku and Krillin happened upon him as he and another two soldiers were getting into a helicopter. To make a long story short, your friends managed to defeat the soldiers, but wound up crashing the helicopter in the process.

Fortunately, nobody was hurt except for the soldiers.

"So, did the soldiers in the bank tell you where the base is?" Krillin asks.

>A. No, but you can make them talk

>B. No, but you can find it on your own

>C. No, but without their leader, they shouldn't be able to cause much trouble around here

>D. Something else

>C. No, but without their leader, they shouldn't be able to cause much trouble around here

>>D. Something else
Tell goku and krillin they look pretty

user, now is not the time

When will it be the time Som, when will it ever be the time?

>B. No, but you can find it on your own

When the three of you are in college and get really drunk

>>A. No, but you can make them talk

>D. Something else

Tell Goku and Krillin that the bank looks pretty. Shame it was damaged in the fighting.

You're gonna keep this up the whole thread, aren't you?

"Tofoo, why does everything look pretty to you all of a sudden? Puberty kicking in?"
>Some of the voices in my head got upset when I called a girl pretty, so now I'm teaching them not to get so upset by gradually exposing them to the upsetting event!
"Yep, definitely puberty."

Well I'd like the whole thread to know I appreciate how pretty it is. Thread is too good to let its beauty go unappreciated.

Eventually we'll get to let people know about the voices inside of Tofoo's head

"No," you tell him. "But we can find it on our own. Besides, without their leader, they probably won't cost too much trouble around here."

"Then should we get back to looking for the Dragonballs?" Krillin asks.

"We need to get the radar fixed first," Goku reminds him. "Why won't we go see Bulma?"

>A. After you deal with the army, sure

>B. Good idea, go to West City

>C. Surely there's someone in this city who can help you

>D. Something else

>>B. Good idea, go to West City

>>B. Good idea, go to West City

>>A. After you deal with the army, sure
We can do it on our own
Tofoo is a big guy afterall

For Blue

>C. Surely there's someone in this city who can help you

>D. Something else

Ensure the criminals are properly restrained, but AREN'T lying in awkward positions where they might choke. Hand them over to the police.

If I take that hat of will you die?

It would be extremely pretty.

You tell Goku that you think he has the right idea, and that you should head to West City.

The three of you leave the bank, having to run for a bit to avoid the reporters that have begun to show up and start asking questions. In fact, you have to hide in an alley to shake the press.

But, once you're alone, Goku shouts into the sky.

"FLYING NIMBUS!"

The cloud comes flying down, and you all climb aboard, taking to the sky and setting off for Bulma's home. It's mostly a smooth trip, other than you having to tell Goku which way West is after he starts going toward South City. And, soon enough, you find yourself in a city strangely identical to North City.

You direct Goku to the Capsule Corporation, and approach the door, which is standing shut.

>A. Push the button beneath the speaker and say that it's Tofoo

>B. Knock

>C. Something else

Rolled 78 (1d100)

>C. Something else
Tell Capsule Corporation it looks pretty.

Just kidding.

>>A. Push the button beneath the speaker and say that it's Tofoo

You walk over to the buzzer and press the button beneath it, announcing that it's Tofoo.

"Voice recognized, welcome Tofoo" a voice says from the other end before the doors open, allowing you and your friends to go inside.

Capsule Corp is very much as you left it, with robots manning the desks and doing the cleaning, and the majority of the human and animal-people that are present wearing lab coats and heading in the same direction.

The doors to Doctor Brief's garden are shut, which is probably a good thing considering the incident with a t-rex the last time he forgot to shut them.

Oh well,it was just a lawyer.

"Welcome, Mr. Tofoo," one of the machines behind the desk greets. "How may I help you today?"

>A. Ask where Bulma is

>B. Ask where Doctor Briefs is

>C. Ask where Mrs Briefs is

>D. Ask where Oolong is

>E. Something else

>E. Something else
Ask to be let into Bulma's workshop.

The radar's already broken so we might as well try screwing with it ourselves.

What's the bet that it just ran out of batteries and everyone in our group is too dense to know how to replace them?

>>C. Ask where Mrs Briefs is
Let's be a pervy little brat.

>A. Ask where Bulma is
>D. Ask where Oolong is

>A. Ask where Bulma is

user, NO
MARRIED
She is MARRIED
NO

user, you have no clue how the radar works. You'd most likely make it worse

>C. Ask where Mrs Briefs is

>>A. Ask where Bulma is

Rolled 80, 17, 73, 15, 62 = 247 (5d100)

Som pls I swear to god I'll roll 100

You ask the machine where Bulma is.

"Miss Briefs is in her room," the machine tells you. "Would you like me to contact her for you?"

>A. Yes, please

>B. No need, you'll go there yourself

>C. Ask where someone else is

>D. Something else

>A. Yes, please

You just want to slip the Dragon Radar out of its case and examine its inner workings because you think it looks pretty, don't you.

That seems to be a safe bet

You tell the robot that you'll just go there yourself.

"Very well, have a wonderful day," the machine tells you as you lead Goku and Krillin toward the stairs that go up to the living area.

You can hear some loud music coming from the garden area, so you're pretty sure Doctor Briefs is working on something, and that he finally got his new stereo system installed.

Oolong's room is closed, and you've learned that just barging in is a bad idea, so you decide not to bother with that until you speak to Bulma.

Her door is shut, so you knock.

"Yeah, what?" she asks as she opens the door, surprise coming to her face as she sees what's there.

"Hi, Bulma!" Goku says happily.

"Hey guys!" Bulma replies pleasantly. "What brings you out here?"

"Our Dragon Radar got broken," Goku explains. "Can you fix it?"

"Sure," Bulma says. "Just give it here."

You hand her the device, and she heads back into her room, sitting down at her desk and grabbing the screwdriver.

"So, find any more Dragonballs?" she asks.

>A. Yeah, and you took down a big Red Ribbon base

>B. Ask what she's been doing

>C. Ask where Oolong is

>D. Ask what her dad's doing

>E. Ask what her mom's doing

>F. Something else

>>A. Yeah, and you took down a big Red Ribbon base
rip, have to go for a maths test i am unprepared for

>D. Ask what her dad's doing
>E. Ask what her mom's doing
>F. Ask what Oolong's been doing
>F. Tell her you found a cute blonde girl in North City and you think she looks pretty

You tell her that you have, and that the three of you took down a big Red Ribbon Army base.

"Been busy, haven't you?" she asks as she takes a look at the radar. "Ah, okay, there's the problem."

She puts down the screwdriver and picks up some sort of tool that you don't recognize, beginning her work to fix the issue.

"You guys really need to be more careful with this thing," she lectures. "It's a delicate instrument."

"Sorry," Krillin tells her.

"No worries," Bulma replies. "This'll just take a minute."

"So, what have you been up to?" you ask her.

"Well, I've actually been working on a new invention," she says as she continues her work. "I'll show it to you in a just a minute....there we go."

She picks up the radar and pushes the button on top of it. The familiar beeping fills your ears, and you can see the other Dragonballs on the screen.

"Do I do good work or what?" Bulma asks proudly, turning and handing the device to Goku. "Be more careful with it this time, alright?"

"Okay," Goku promises, taking the device.

Bulma turns back to her desk, and picks up what looks like a watch, which she fastens to her wrist.

"So, this is my new project," she tells you. "I call it the micro-band."

>A. Ask what it does

>B. It looks like a watch

>C. Don't say anything

>D. Something else

>A. Ask what it does

>>B. It looks like a watch
>>D. Something else
Call it Pretty.

>A. Ask what it does

>B. It looks like a watch
>D. "Someone already invented the watch Bulma."

>I call it the micro-band

>D. Something else
It's pretty big, for a micro watch. Is it just a prototype?

"It looks like a watch," you tell Bulma. "Someone already invented those."

"It's not a watch, you idiot," she tells you. "It's a micro-band."

"Looks pretty big to be micro," you tell her. "Is it just a prototype?"

Bulma groans. "Just watch."

She presses a button, and a light surrounds her as she begins to shrink before your eyes, soon becoming so small that you could easily step on her by accident.

"See? Pretty cool, huh?" she shouts from the floor.

She presses the button again, and returns to her normal size.

>A. Awesome

>B. Ask why she made it

>C. Something else

>B. Ask why she made it

>C. Something else

Does it work only on her, or can it work on other people?

It also worked on her clothes, does it work on all items?

Can you use it in combat to miniaturise an enemy?

I assume it uses the same technology that lets you fit airplanes and stuff into little capsules.

Oh, can it be reversed? A Macro band might be useful if we ever need to suplex a tower.

>C. That was pretty cool, I'm glad I was here to WATCH that.

>A. Awesome
>B. Ask why she made it

Boooo!

seconded

Thirded.

Don't lie Som, I know you love my puns.

"That was pretty cool," you tell Bulma. "I'm glad I was here to WATCH that."

Bulma and Krillin both give you irritated looks, while Goku doesn't really seem to get it. You decide to change the subject, and ask why she made it.

"So I can ride the Nimbus," she tells you. "It'll make it easier for one of you to carry me."

"Wait, I thought you said you were done looking for the Dragonballs," Krillin tells her.

"I was, but I gave it some thought, and I'm not going to let a bunch of thugs stop me from getting my perfect boyfriend," she says confidently.

She walks over to her bed, and picks up a backpack. "I just need to grab my Capsule Case, and I'll be all set to go."

>A. Ask if she's really still going to wish for a boyfriend

>B. Tell her that coming might not be such a good idea

>C. Tell her you're glad she's coming

>D. Ask if Oolong's coming

>E. Something else

>B. Tell her that coming might not be such a good idea

>D. Ask if Oolong's coming

>E. Something else
Samefagging my questions from here:

Does it work only on her, or can it work on other people?

It also worked on her clothes, does it work on all items?

Can you use it in combat to miniaturise an enemy?

I assume it uses the same technology that lets you fit airplanes and stuff into little capsules.

Oh, can it be reversed? A Macro band might be useful if we ever need to suplex a tower.

"Are you really still going to wish for a boyfriend?" you ask her.

"Of course," she says, throwing back her hair. "Beauty like mine is wasted if it isn't shared with someone perfect."

Krillin sighs. "I miss Chichi."

"Is Oolong coming?" you ask Bulma.

She scowls. "No, the little porker turned into a rocket and flew away when I tried to get him to come. He'll probably come back here as soon as we leave."

She heads for the door, flipping off the light. "Let's go."

>A. Ask Krillin if he wants you to take him to see Chichi once this is done

>B. Ask Bulma what her parents are doing

>C. Ask Goku if there's anything he wants to wish for

>D. Something else

>>A. Ask Krillin if he wants you to take him to see Chichi once this is done

>D. Something else

God damn it I want to ask about the practical applications of the micro band.

Second.

Stop ignoring the practical applications of something introduced!

As Bulma leads you and the others down the stairs, you ask Krillin if he'd like for you to take him to see Chichi once this is all done with.

"That sounds great," Krillin tells you. "Thanks."

Bulma makes her way into the garden, where Doctor Brief's new stereo seems to be working just fine. You aren't sure you get why he'd put a stereo system here, the garden's really mostly used for the animals he takes in, and they don't seem to have a particular affinity for music. But hey, it's not your house.

The doctor is watching some dogs run around, though when he sees his daughter approaching, he shifts his attention.

"Ah, Bulma," he greets. "Welcome home, dear, how was school?"

"I don't know," Bulma answers. "I skipped again."

"Well, as long as you're doing something productive," he says before looking over at you. "Tofoo, my boy, great to see you again. When did you get here?"

>A. A few minutes ago

>B. Not long ago, but you were up in Bulma's room

>C. Ask what he's doing today

>D. Something else

I like this idea that, even if we don't waifu her, we're essentially the third Brief child. Oh! Think her dad might adopt us?

>>B. Not long ago, but you were up in Bulma's room
>>C. Ask what he's doing today
>>D. Something else
Ask where his wife is, call her a fine piece of MILF.

>D. Something else
What's he been up to lately?

Bulma's invented a miniaturization band and we were about to discuss its applications

No dude.
Dr Briefs is a bro
You don't cuck bros

You tell him that you haven't been here too long, but you were up in Bulma's room most of the time.

"Ah," Briefs grins. "Not making out, were you?"

Bulma's face turns red with anger. "DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO EMBARRASS ME?"

"Yes, it's my job," her father tells her, laughing.

You ask him what he's been up to.

"Well, I just finished installing the new stereo system, and I've been tinkering with the feeding system to have it recognize each animal and deliver the right food directly to them," he explains. "But I just can't seem to get it to properly make ramen noodles."

"What animals eat ramen?" Krillin asks.

"Who doesn't eat ramen?" Doctor Briefs asks, staring at your friend. "Ah, you must be the little bald-headed boy Bulma was talking about. Nam, right?"

"Krillin..." your friend grumbles.

"Dad, I need my Capsule Case," Bulma tells her father. "Have you seen it?"

"Hmm...yes, it was around here somewhere," he tells her. "Did you leave it near the cappuccino machine?"

"I don't drink cappuccino, dad!" Bulma tells him.

"Really? Well, why not? It's delicious," he assures her. "In fact, why don't I go get us some right no-"

"Dad, focus!" Bulma snaps. "I need my Capsule Case!"

"Oh, right, right," the doctor says, thinking. "Ah, yes, I believe it's on my desk in the lab. You did ask me to replace your airship, right?"

"Yes," she tells him. "Well, I'll see you later, then. I'm going off with Tofoo, Goku, and Krillin."

"Alright, well be safe, dear," Briefs tells her. "Make sure to pack clean underwear."

Bulma groans and starts heading for the lab.

Soon, you're all on the Flying Nimbus, Krillin clinging to Goku and a tiny Bulma sitting in your shirt.

>A. Ask where the next ball is

>B. Tell Bulma that you like her parents

>C. Call Krillin Nam

>D. Something else

>>B. Tell Bulma that you like her parents
>>C. Call Krillin Nam

>D. Something else
Check the radar

>>B. Tell Bulma that you like her parents
>>C. Call Krillin Nam

"I like your parents," you tell Bulma.

"Ugh, they're so embarrassing," Bulma complains.

"Tell me about it," Krillin agrees.

"Oh, lighten up, Nam," you tell him, earning a glare.

"Goku, where's the next Dragonball?" he asks.

"Not too far," Goku assures him.

>A. Ask to see the radar

>B. Just enjoy the ride

>C. Something else

>A. Ask to see the radar

You ask for the radar, and Goku passes it back to you.

As he said, it's not far, and with how fast the Nimbus can travel, it'll probably only be a few minutes before you reach that destination. A closer look seems to suggest that the destination is actually near Kame House. Perhaps you can stop by and visit Master Roshi while you're in the neighborhood.

You find yourself flying over some island, but soon pass over them, flying over a long stretch of ocean, which, according to the radar, is where the ball is located.

>A. Jump into the water and search for it

>B. Land on the nearby island and plant your next move

>C. Ask Bulma if she has a submarine capsule

>D. Something else

>>C. Ask Bulma if she has a submarine capsule

>B. Land on the nearby island and plant your next move

You ask Bulma if she has a submarine Capsule.

"I should," she says. "Land on that island so I can get it ready."

Goku directs the Nimbus to a nearby island, and Bulma hops out of your shirt, activating the micro-band and returning to normal size.

"Okay, now let's see what we have," she says as she opens the case.

Her eyes go wide, and she lets out an anguished cry.

"What's wrong?" Goku asks, looking worried.

"This is my father's Capsule Case," she tells him, looking ready to cry.

"What's the big deal?" Krillin asks. "Wouldn't he have a lot of the same stuff in his?"

"I wish," Bulma says, taking out a Capsule. "Knowing him, this thing's full of cat-food or a cappuccino machine."

She throws the capsule to the ground, and you see that it's neither one of those things. Instead, what greets your eyes is a stack of dirty magazines like the ones Krillin gave to Master Roshi.

Bulma's face turns red, and she looks ready to bite someone's head off.

>A. Ask Krillin and Goku if they think Master Roshi would have a submarine

>B. Tell Bulma you like her better than the girls in those magazines

>C. Suggest going back to Capsule Corp to get her case

>D. Try diving for the ball without a submarine

>E. Something else

>A. Ask Krillin and Goku if they think Master Roshi would have a submarine

>>A. Ask Krillin and Goku if they think Master Roshi would have a submarine

>D. Try diving for the ball without a submarine
Yo Bulma. You can breathe air while you're miniature, right?

Well if we had some way of swapping who's wearing the band underwater, two of us could go underwater, with the larger one holding air and the smaller one breathing it, swapping when needed.