Warmachine/Hordes

Shitty Keynot Edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
Latest Errata:
> WE MK3 BOYS
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf

First for Skorne.

anyone else been like...completely uninspired to play or spend more money on this game? idk

Yeah...

Keynote and attending L&L Germany certainly didn't help. That aside, MK3 did remove some of my big problems with Warmachine, so I'm still playing.

Try playing. It's a lot of fun. Now you can play warmachine like Everblight used to play - a rad ass battle group and some stuff to support your rad ass battlegroup.

>tfw using 2 goodstuff units then NOUNS

I'm hyped as fuck, honestly. Whole new playfield to learn, there are relatively few obvious power lists, and my main faction (Circle) didn't get nerfed as much as I was expecting.

My friend and I are playing our first MK3 games in a few days. 10 points just to get back into the game.

He's bringing
-Ragnor
--Bomber
--Mauler
-Min Krielstone

And I'm bringing

-Ossyan
--Hypnos
--Banshee
-Arcanist

and

-Rahn
--Phoenix
--Chimera
-Battle Mages

Am I gonna get spanked Veeky Forums? I'm thinking Rahn will be stronger just cause of all the problems it causes the Bomber.

You might have trouble hitting since Ragnor hands out cover, but you'll probably be fine

Is there a imgur or something with the cards out? I haven't played the game in years and I just want to see how my faction (minions) has done.

Real faction now. Some things changed but noticeably you got competitive. Hell, even Calaban got buffed.

Yeah, i've read synopsis and seen a few cards (all the gator heavies got dramatically better) but I don't really have anything to compare or look at when I'm curious.

I used to run lists with two gator posses (like everyone had too) and it looks like the possee is borderline junk status now.

Most things are borderline junk now, thats the thing in mk3. Everything is ether toned down,or stayed the same. The things that stayed the same was the stuff that was bad in mk2. The ting that was nerfed was everything that was selling better than the rest.

In truth its a battle between the hearts of the owners "This is whats right!", and the sales department saying; "this is what we do to make money".
Sadly it seems the old saying "money talks" still stands true. As most things that used to be useless, and thus not selling, was buffed. All the while, things that people had a ton of lying around, was nerfed or at best stayed the same.

>As most things that used to be useless, and thus not selling, was buffed
Yeah, Goats and Rhinodons and Crabjacks were selling so well, that had to be stopped!

hashtagDESIGNSPACE

>Most things are borderline junk now, thats the thing in mk3. Everything is ether toned down,or stayed the same. The things that stayed the same was the stuff that was bad in mk2. The ting that was nerfed was everything that was selling better than the rest

It appears that literally everything in the gatormen other than the possee and that croak unit got better.

>In truth its a battle between the hearts of the owners "This is whats right!", and the sales department saying; "this is what we do to make money".

I think if they had that sort of forethought there wouldn't have been clearly superior units in the previous edition forcing inferior units to go unpurchased. You sell more when everything is good because then everyone wants everything.

>As most things that used to be useless, and thus not selling, was buffed. All the while, things that people had a ton of lying around, was nerfed or at best stayed the same.

Isn't it, like, 10x more logical to assume that the things everyone owned they owned because they were good and everything people avoided they avoided because they were bad. Thus when they rebalance the game the things people owned get worse and the things they avoided get better..?

GW makes transparent cash grabs constantly and their game is an unworkable mess because marketing trumped design, but PP doesn't seem like it fell into that trap.

What's a crabjack? That sounds awesome. Is there a crab faction?

Rhan. Drag one heavy in and kill it, prioritize mauler. Force hammer the Bomber away.

You out threat hugely and are far safer, so it should be an easy game.

don't forget archidons

Nah its just a defensive name for a character with the name of Jack.

One of the Cryx heavy jack platform. They have four legs, skitter around, and have rounded shells that some people attribute crab like qualities to.

Helljacks are boring.

>playing cryx in mk3

All Privateer personality is in the units and solos that buff them.

Sounds like you just hate options.

General Ossrum

-Earthbreaker
-2x grundbackblaster
-8x Grundback gunner

+your choice of warcaster attachment

Thoughts on this meme army?

skreeonk

>"Skreeonk!"
>"Don't worry Deryliss I'm already on the case."
>Crabjacks fucking everywhere

Another ARM brick list I came up with to pair with Ossyan gunline:

Magister Helynna 75/75
Imperatus - 0
Discordia - 10
Chimera - 8

Arcanist - 2
Arcanist - 2
Arcanist - 2
Dawnguard Sentinel Scyir - 4
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - 3

Dawnguard Sentinels (Max) - 18
Officer and Standard - 4
Dawnguard Sentinels (Max) - 18
Officer and Standard - 4

After fighting it for so long I finally decided I had to embrace the jacks.

They look more like Garthim.

why did they have to be elves?

seriously. i'm not comfortable enough in my own sexuality to play something as faggy as an elf army. but Ret has got so not-shit this edition. and i'm just getting into the game - so it isn't like i have loyalty to any other army.

but elves. fucking elves.
>please name one thing about elves that is not massively gay

Why would you run them with Terminus? Why no Erebus for Berserk+Overtake fun?

IK elves are pretty cool tho,they're elf-qaedah
Elves in general are massively gay though

You could always clip off the ears.

Also cool aesthetics

well, if they had full-on snackbar abilities, then i'd happily martyr them ftw. would be joyous.

but no. they just have decent magiks and tasty shootings and reasonable slashy-choppers, with jank and tech on top of it.

Free charges so they keep their free focus, Berserk so I never have to cast a spell I don't want to cast and Countercharge to make people think twice about where they put shit.

But, honestly? I didn't even really think about it. I just decided I was looking at Cryx wrong and it was time to find some other way of fucking around. Got all these robot points so might as well put them to use.

Both these lists are probably pretty terrible and gimmicky, though.

Is the final ruleset verified? Are the final unit cards verified?
Does Skorne still have to bring their A game to match other factions' C game?

Yes, Yes
yes, hope you like Rasheth

As a Trollblood player I'm actually starting to warm up a bit as I get a handle on things.

Tried this list out once and did alright with it, I love the Reeves now. Still looking for potential to make alterations though. The weirdest thing is that I actually really like the Riphorn here. With Primal and Forced Evo it can one-round almost any heavy in the game due to grab and smash+horned head, while being significantly cheaper than almost every heavy.

Hungerford is streaming hearthstone. everyone go ask him annoying questions about mk3 balance

How do you handle the fury management in that list?

Mostly via beasts dying in trades.

hungerford is probably the most based guy pp has, hope he drops some sick bantz on ya

>Does Skorne still have to bring their A game to match other factions' C game?
I wouldn't say so. But knowing what works well with what will get you much further now than before. Cetrati work well with the Agonizer because it gives them pseudo +2ARM, the new solo hunter Venator Dakka works great with the Extoller Soulward because it can give him magical weapon and eyeless sight, and the Extoller can mop up the souls of the Venators he was casually giving +1RAT by standing anywhere near them. Karax, the ultimate tarpit, get dumb with the Willbreaker because it's 11pts for 10 of these 19ARM cunts who are immune to blast damage and have reach, and the Willbreaker tops it off by giving them tough from 10" away. Like nigger the support in Skorne is so good right now.

And while a lot of the warlocks look kinda meh, you have diamonds in the rough like Rasheth, Hexeris2, Zaal1, and Xerxis1 who look super solid.

Is there anywhere I can find the latest cards for cryx and circle? I'd buy them from war room but I'm waiting for the physical cards to come out

>Elves in this setting can grow beards
>Elves in this setting use grenades as arrow heads
>Elves in this setting invented mechanical boxing gloves that multiply the force of punches so much that they can knock back giant warbeasts
>Elves in this setting don't care about trees and spend a lot of their time trying to dick over and backstab political opponents

Posse is still okay, but now they need to focus specifically on what they want to do, instead of doing all three things at the same time.

what planet are you from?

>beards
>not gay
uh sure pal. whatever you say Soles, i'll believe you to hell and back.

Any one else still having War room issues?

It launches, it says downloading expansion then crashes back to desktop.

Haven't Played the game in a few months. Protectorate player, what is new in general with MKI3?

choir got nerfed but protectorate may be one of the top dogs in the new edition

you should just play them then, you're already coming across as pretty fucking gay as it is, so what do you have to lose?

my bum-virginity. my precious precious bum-virginity.

does it hurt the first time?

Someone posted a drop box link to all of the cards the other day but some of them seemed really off. Are there any other card PDFs out there? Or mention of theme books to use yet?

what is off about them?

themes come december. get your wallets ready goys.

Well some of the trollbloods specifically as they were leaks with the condiftiel' water mark all over them. Some solos had two health box rows on them, mulga attacks were fucked, but also there were a shit ton of nerds not no buffs to the models and units that needed them

the two box rows are there because that way you don't need duplicates of a card if you have more than one

because everything is being balanced against everything else, nerfing one thing is equivalent to buffing another.
and using nerfs to balance prevents power creep.

>Elves in this and every setting are better than you
>Elves in this and every setting are lamenting their lost greatness and dead gods
>Elves in this and every setting are massive assholes
Fuck elves.

>dwarves in this and every setting are better than you
>dwarves in this and every setting are lamenting their lost riches
>dwarves in this and every setting are massive assholes
Fuck dwarves

Their stats aren't the problem. The problem is that iron flesh, spiney growth, and a bunch of other unit buffs are gone AND they got nerfed. They lost their inherent strength and the faction lost almost all of its synergy with them.

They just seem like they don't serve much of a purpose now with how much better everything else has become.

A lot of our casters got turned the fuck up. Sevvy2 in particular is a beast.

Embrace the pork.

isn't kosher
is haram

where's the chicken- and fish- men army when you need it?!

They're still a solid unit just not auto include.

Never

Tell me your secrets

>isn't kosher
>is haram
you actually just have to say the first statement

really?

but my jew grandparents complain about one thing and my sunni grandma is always cursing me out for the other!

Explain further. I'm still coping that I'm stuck with the lose the mauler, lose the game situation.

You should try suicide, it'll make you feel better about being a mudblood.

The more pure the race the more inbred the person. I bet your have skin flaps on your eyes.

Dwarves in this setting are mostly gnomes.

They managed to hold out better than anyone during the Orgoth invasion and basically aided humanity in time of greatest need.

Dwarves are pretty chill in this setting. Too bad all the psychotic ones roam the human lands.

I mean, have you seen the new Harrower on the table? That thing is scary good now (but yeah, it was the best crab jack before too).

Except when it comes to Cyriss worshippers.

>Dune coon wants to talk shit
Mate, you look like you're part of Skorne and we all know what Skornes like these days.

I would put forth that Gorten is pretty normal and Ossrum is more ADD than psychotic.

So are you voting trump or voting to leave the EU? Either way please off yourself before your inbreeding causes us to lose Cygnar to the Slavs.

>I'm a mudblood
>"we"

OH HO HO

You have to go back.

ok.
what?

MAGA
A
G
A

You know whats really great? Jamming your opponent with unkillable, arm 26, tough Stormblades

knows whats better? not losing every game by playing a dogshit caster like stryker1

Remove seethers input inflictors and an Erebus. Also withershadow and Darragh, come on senpai

Can you actually make Maddox good or are they still trash. I want this in my life so badly.

If they dont work, do storm guard work?

Warmachine became MK2 Hordes and Hordes is now about infantry. I am not the happiest about this since I chose Hordes for big monsters.

>stryker1
>dogshit
You know how I know you're retarded?

Iron Zeal is fantastic and Maddox makes them p+s 17 on feat turn. They seem pretty great to me

You know what's better than that?

Shrapnel Swarm.

Hordes infantry became better but it's beasts stayed about the same. You can still run someone like Kaya2 with a large set of beasts

That's not all that hard to play around. Just spread out your dudes

How are you spreading our your dudes you're jamming into someone?

Not much of a jam at that point.

Sure, but then you're Shrapnel Swarming your own dudes. Seems bad

What, my multi wound models or my warjacks? That I can repair?

what is this shrapnel swarm you speak of?
please.
newest of fags here, so memetics are not in my knowledge base yet.

Those super slow fucking dudes? Yeah, you charge those.

When you directly hit an enemy model, after resolving the damage roll center a 4 inch aoe on the model hit. Models under the template are hit and suffer one damage.

Pretty good against single wound dudes assuming your opponent is stupid

It's a spell that Iron Mother Directx has.

It does a POW13 hit to the model hit, and if it hit an enemy model, then after you finish the hit, it centers an AOE4 on the model hit and everyone take a point of damage, regardless of armor. Really good at killing high ARM, single wound models.

SPD5 isn't that slow, especially not in a faction that can get speed buffs.

Her jacks tend to be slow, sure, but she's a gunline caster, so good luck with that.