Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Ladyknight edition. Can we have one for once? Is skimpy or full-covering armor art better?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1SeF1EF2NUNMiVRu2ITpuNDZzwyI14ahXTKFiBP97Yy0/edit?usp=sharing
misfile.com/
app.roll20.net/forum/post/3504851/to-join
d20pfsrd.com/skills/use-magic-device
d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/kingmaker/sword-scion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It depends on the character, really.

I'm using my other laptop, I have all my ladyknight art on the other one, damn.

Full-covering armor is infinitely better. Skimpy is just disappointing character and realism wise. You can be cute, ladylike or sexy in full-plate armor, it's just more nuanced.

>Is skimpy or full-covering armor art better?
I have a definite preference for covering. I like the look of relatively functional stuff, rather than metallic fetish-wear.

Full-covering armor or bust.
I even cringe at particularly breast-accented breastplates or cleavage in armor.

I feel full covering armor is better, not that I don't enjoy cheesecake.

Speaking of which Marauders/Warriors from FFXIV are great. I want more giant axe wielders in full armor

Skimpy armor is just bad in general, beyond raw titillation it's just something that makes you think "yes, this is smutty fantasy."

Full coverage? Let's be honest here, cleavage and the suggestion of form from a fat pair of chest puppies straining against a leather jerkin is better than anything you could get from a chainmail bikini.

>What are proportions

Edited the Vigilante initiating archetype.
Would anyone like to comment/critique/call me a faggot?
docs.google.com/document/d/1SeF1EF2NUNMiVRu2ITpuNDZzwyI14ahXTKFiBP97Yy0/edit?usp=sharing

Speaking of which I want more plate skirts.

faggot

I used to enjoy skimpy stuff, but I got overexposed. Now it just seems silly. If you're going to be fighting on the front lines you're not going to be wearing something with a boob window.

Agreed, it's basically the armored version of sweater puppies. Although I'm a fan of the less functional armored short skirt/shorts over armored leggings.

I think a lot of people here would even consider your pic to be too sexualized.
Obviously you need a breastplate to accommodate a dame's chest, but it has to be like or where it is integrated into the armor and doesn't curve down, creating a structural weakness on the underside by having an unnecessary groove. Also breasts should be bound in armor.

In addition, while a certain level of heel is necessary for using stirrups, those are stilletos, and far more than what is necessary to hook into a stirrup.

Also, cut your damn hair, you're begging that to get pulled in a fight, or caught in your helmet.

Lastly, her inner thigh is unprotected, there are several very major arteries that run along the inside of the thighs.

Do you think it's weird for a character in Golarion to be non-religious?
Not an atheist, mind you. Just that the character doesn't give a damn about deities and doesn't care enough to pray to something that won't answer.

enjoy being eaten by groatus

Nah, that's fine.

It's not like Faerun where if you don't have a god you go to a nightmarish hellscape when you die.

>Implying that fucker's ever coming down

You wanted skirts?

Because oh my god I love skirts.

Going to start a Kingmaker game soon. Party is a half-orc barbarian, an astral deva, and a succubus. What should I play to round out the party? Rules are 25 point buy, all Paizo and third party allowed.

No, there's an entire city of agnostics in fucking Heaven.

A wizard.

I was thinking more along these lines.

Don't worry about rounding out the party, go fucking ham with those options, user.

All third party? Be careful

What?
No, like, what?
Did you use the wrong word?

So agnostic? I can see it happening for Dirt Farmer Frank who's too busy trying to farm dirt to feed his family, although considering how the gods are not only proven to exist but will quite often act either personally or through approved agents, I can't see why you would.

Does this count as a skirt?

Because I just adore the idea of whirling skirts or dresses in the middle of battle (as long as they're wearing reasonable armor otherwise, though.)

I'm not going to pick anything retarded. We usually stick to DSP stuff, because these people are using the DSP Succubus and Astral Deva.

Retconned, doesn't apply anymore.
There's Rahadoum, which is militantly atheist, but it's heavily implied they are under divine punishment of sorts for it.

I wouldn't even say agnostic, seeing as the gods are irrefutably, factually out there.
Character just doesn't give a shit.
Like, it's a fact that the gods are out there, but this character thinks that praying to them doesn't do shit and doesn't bother.

you have damage, divine magic, a face, and control, so you have all the major stuff covered, except maybe trap stuff, which isn't really a concern in Kingmaker

So go wild and choose whatever. I'd personally go with a crafting character so the party can get the most out of their crap.

No, dear.

They're not atheists, they're just good people who didn't worship anyone.

I don't have my scans on this computer, just look up Heaven Unleashed.

Go Dhampir Medic, then. Take some unquiet grave, broken blade (fool's errand if it's in beta yet)

I've found that leather is highly overrated as an armor material. It's no better than a few layers of cloth when it's not hardened, and when it is, it's so stiff and noisy that it's not worth the hassle. I wish more fantasy would move away from the idea of leather as a staple light armor.

>What is art style choice.
>What are strong features designed to show up on a small sprite.

That falls under the Atheist umbrella I think. "Gods aren't worth praying to." In which case sure, although you want to keep them separate from the fedora tippers in Rahadoum.

There's actually a bunch of feats for being an atheist and they're pretty great.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of that art style.

>There's actually a bunch of feats for being an atheist and they're pretty great.
What are they?

Not so much those skirts, more like the length of the pants here, sans the lengthy tunic. Although honestly those are more in fashion with female light armor users like thieves.

I dunno, I always liked that kind of style.

To each their own, I think it just looks really muddy.

>I've found that leather is highly overrated as an armor material. It's no better than a few layers of cloth when it's not hardened, and when it is, it's so stiff and noisy that it's not worth the hassle. I wish more fantasy would move away from the idea of leather as a staple light armor.

I brought up leather armor not because I think it's a good material, and more because stuff like plate doesn't lend itself to showing that yes, the woman has a notably large chest, and they *are* pressing against her outfit.

That said, could always go for chainmail.

>Although honestly those are more in fashion with female light armor users like thieves.

Thieves and rogues and Rangers and all those other light-armor types, I feel, can pull off the "cleavage and slightly skimpy" look.

Mages and monks can just go whole hog and wear strips of silk.

Ladyknights need that protection, which means you won't get a lot in the way of form-fitting armor that shows off the goods... Still, that just makes it all the sweeter when they take off their cuirass after a hard day's fight and everyone's surprised to find a nice figure under all that steel.

I don't know about feats, but there's the Rahadoumi Disbeliever trait that gives you +2 on saves vs. divine spells. It forces saves when your allies try to buff you though, so it's not that great.

Faiths and Philosophies has them. The base feat is Divine Defiance (+2 saves vs divine spells and SLAs), and two of the more fun ones are Focused Disbelief (11+level SR vs divine spells) and Seed of Doubt (hexes cause target to make saves against all divine spells, including beneficial ones).

It's really just Focused Disbelief since it seems like 90% of outsiders you would fight are associated with some kind of god.

What's a good, cheap light armor?
I want a Mithral Breastplate, but it's a bit too expensive.

Is there an armor that doesn't have a max dex limit?
Bracers of armor, I guess?

Mithril chain shirt

Leather lamellar or chain shirt

I think that's about it.

Leather has more utilitarian uses for the man at arms in the field compared to jack.

Mantle of the protector.

Haramaki and armored kilt.

Silken ceremonial armour

It's really more that good cloth armor is criminally underrated.

What are some good items for a half orcs horselord/trapper ranger who wants more natural attacks, is a bounty hunter and has 5K gp to spend?Third party is on a case by case basis, but is almost universally "No"
Here's an automatic 1911 since I have no ladyknights on my phone

I agree it looks muddy, but that's part of the appeal. That picture there looks bad. I'm not sure if it's the bland colours, the highly pixelated linework (despite being a png, which makes me think it was blown up), the symbol is all out of whack, or that she has two one-handed swords and no shield, and her scabbard is over her shoulder.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to sheathe a weapon over your shoulder?

Yes I do, its fucking impossible.

I'm willing to let the over the should scabbards and artwork alone on that picture. It looks more like someone practicing and learning. Not that I enjoy the art, though, or even that I have room to talk because I'm even worse.

Also over the should scabbards are "cool." Definitely not something I'd hold against someone for trying to do in game.

That's fair, I shouldn't shut someone down if they are in their early stages and are dedicated to improving.

I've just seen people stick to a particular style their entire life well into their forties and it's terrible.

You mean like Wayne Reynolds?

Are guns available? if so, do you have a blunderbus or shotgun? if not, get one; spread shotting is excellent for helping you against swarms and hordes of smaller enemies.

Pick up some Drow poison so you can make people with low fort saves pass out for easy pickup.

Do you have a hat of disguise? That'll help you get into places where your marks are, and hide your natural weapons under an illusion.

Robe of infinite twine is also a good investment; cheap but useful, as every adventurer wants rope.

Traveler's Any-tool is in the same position as the robe.

Why aren't all-Bard marching bands a thing?

Because morale bonuses don't stack

Not that his art looks bad, it's just that every single character has like 40 fucking knives in their lulu amount of belts.

I meant the guy who draws misfile.com/

He's like 42 and been doing that comic for 10+ years

It's important for her to wear something decent for battle proper, but nothing says her 'dress uniform' can't be something... nice.

That's not necessarily them not progressing, it could just be trying to keep the art style consistent. Personally I don't think it's that bad if you're going for multiple releases a week.

I remember that comic! Helped me realize I have a gender transformation fetish.

Misfile's STILL fucking going? Jeezus H Christ.

I've watched a lot of comic artists progress their art over decades long webcomics.

Dresden Codak, Gunnerkrigg, EGS. It's always better in the long run.

I just reflexively check it along with the other two dozen webcomics I read. It'd be nice if he ever advanced the plot.

If you have a minute where you're not distracted by a fight, you can generally do it without much trouble. It's mainly just awful for drawing in combat. Over-the-shoulder scabbards are fine, but as traveling sheaths, not combat-ready ones.

That's fair. And really, my complaint wasn't so much directed at you, as it was a tangential complaint that your comment reminded me of. No worries!

>Dresden Codak, Gunnerkrigg, EGS
Don't disagree with the first two, link to the third, please. However, sometimes people value consistency for their art. Personally I don't think the art is bad, but it's definitely not as good as the first two you listed. It could also be stylization to help create a mood for the comic.

Is there a quicker way to stat up martial adept enemies? I don't want to spend so long making maneuver choices for the critter to die immediately.

Oh wow, that's literally the same art from beginning to end isn't it?

Plus I'm pretty sure that's just "learn to draw anime!" artstyle. Fuck, /I/ drew that shit back in middle school.

egscomics.com

It was...pretty weird for the first few years. It's levelled out a lot, and it's pretty evident the early plots were when he was much younger.

Still, for art progression, definitely the case.

Yeah, you can sling it over your shoulder like a rifle for marching, so it's not bumping against your leg, but you don't actually sheath it there. You normally steady a sheath with one hand, to draw it by feel or phantom coordination.

Use the same guy multiple times

The thing about Gunnerkrig is that Tom has had a lot of it planned out since the very beginning. He likely has more time to work on developing his art since he has the plot laid out.

With Misfile, Hazelton likely wasn't planning long term, so there was no need to work on his art.

Definitely, still a pain in the butt.

Some guns but I have a double hackbut mounted on my Gorthek so I can load spreadshot in that, I will get the hat but not the robe as I already have a robe of useful things with 12 fucking open pits

I mean like have 3 or 4 guys and just use them over and over again

>robe of useful things
Acceptable substitute.

>Gorthek
Best animal companion.

If someone teaches you how to use a wand, can you activate it without making a UMD check, even if you don't have that spell on your spell list?

Nope.

However, you get a +2 I think for activating an item you've activated before.

So they can aid-another you activating it the first time, and it IS easier thereafter.

i think i've found horror mode for a majority of Veeky Forums.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/3504851/to-join

What IS the DC to UMD a wand when you're, like a Fighter or whatever?
My GM has always made us roll for 25 to blindly activate it, but it doesn't make sense to me - surely after the first time you could just know how it works.

It's 20.

The UMD page has a table.

>Use a Wand: 20

Why are there people so thirsty for game they want to play that shit?

DC 20
d20pfsrd.com/skills/use-magic-device

Aren't two of those just races? Either way, Kingmaker is all about the campaign trait "Sword Scion" d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/kingmaker/sword-scion

+1 to hit from a trait with a damn good weapon is about as badass as it gets. Go half-elf, swap skill focus for EWP, and you're already on the way there. Options at that point are
> (a) ranger with favoured enemy human
> (b) Fighter
> (c) any class that would not normally have a sword but benefits from it.

Heck, if you want to be less metagame about it, go Elf and just use the bonus for the longsword - but a Finesse weapon that you can Two-Hand is pretty nice for the whole power attack deal. You wouldn't be the first elf to pull out a longsword and make the enemy hesitate.

Someone tell me what that is, if I click the link it asks me to log in and I don't remember ever making an account.

5 point buy commoner game where you have to role-play the class you're going for many levels from now. How you're supposed to roleplay a wizard/sorcerer/oracle or whatever and still contribute iunno

Bracers +2, substitute one of those points for the "Brawler" upgrade. Enjoy your +2 to unarmed strikes and grapple.

Fuck, that sounds awesome.
I want to start out as a farmer who joins the town guard and eventually becomes sheriff.

JFC

That's what we call backstory. Why not go back and require them to roleplay their birth and childhood as well?