SPECIAL System for Tabletop

Has anyone converted the SPECIAL system Fallout uses for tabletop? I'm interested in doing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/gk4bz35s06lpevj/Fallout PnP Core Rules.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/h43kmsdo1bmxrj3/Guns_Ammo_v1_1.pdf?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1fsNLwKTWEt0pawFWLRzBtEPfvDQGitGPh8NN3Zk0xo4/mobilebasic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's based on GURPS.

Just use GURPS.

Ok.

Looking over the Gurps rules, there are only 4 stats, not 8. Does this affect gameplay in anyway?

It affects copyright and kept Bethesda from getting sued.

This might be the first time on Veeky Forums in which GURPS is the objectively correct choice.

> Bethesda
That's black isle studios though

You are completely right and still I can't stop laughing.

Isn't there a tabletop already? Sawyer something or other?

There's an actual fallout table top game out there. It's dead but I'm sure you can score a pdf somewhere if you bother lurging about for it.

Hell I've seen a physical copy of the damn thing at MLGS before but that was years ago.

No it isn't. It was in early development but after SJ Games pulled out they reworked the whole game. If anything it's closer to BRP.

There's a Fallout D20 and a fan adaptation that ports all the mechanics from the computer game wholesale. Neither are very good.

*lurking for it

Wtf phone how is lurking not a word but lurging is?

>phoneposting
Found your problem.

My friends and I took a few of the fallout RPGs and basically gutted them from the ground to make something serviceable years ago. It was all online, which was good cause the automatic calculator on the sheet and using roll20 to roll all the d100s was a godsend.

play Exodus, the official/no longer official fallout rpg.

I've been working on a Fallout PnP for a while now. I used the skill list and generation method from New Vegas because I think it did the best job of distilling the skill list down into just things that were actually useful (no 'Gambling'). From there I took the derived stats (HP, carry weight, etc) from the first Fallout, with a few exceptions like skill point gain.

The game itself is a standard D100 roll under. For skill checks, if your skill is at a certain threshold or above you succeed automatically, otherwise you have to roll. Rolling below your Luck is a critical success.

For the purpose of combat I eliminated action points because they made Agility the god stat and made melee basically useless. Instead, you take your skill with whatever weapon type you're using and divide it by the weapon's 'attack cost' and discard the remainder to get how many attacks you can have that turn. A quick hand to hand strike has a cost of 15, meaning with an unarmed skill of 60 you can string together combos. Meanwhile bolt action rifles cost 30, meaning with the same weapon skill you can get off a couple shots. Burst fire costs more but gives you multiple shots per attack.

Lots of the game is still handled by handwaving and GM fiat, but it's slowly growing more and more complete as the campaign goes on. I might post what I have after I've polished it a little more.

GURPs has rules for adding new stats if you want to.

There's the Fallout 2.0 rules that are literally just translations of the classic Fallout games to PnP.

dropbox.com/s/gk4bz35s06lpevj/Fallout PnP Core Rules.pdf?dl=0

And also this, made by a friend, containing new content and rebalanced stats.

dropbox.com/s/h43kmsdo1bmxrj3/Guns_Ammo_v1_1.pdf?dl=0

And actually, the three most recent issues of pyramid magazine were dedicated to "After the End" aka !Fallout

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll just stick to d20 rules.

Fucking no that's a horrible idea. Computer RPG mechanics should not be directly translated into tabletop form because GMs aren't computers.

The skills listed are incredibly specific and at the same time not able to cover all the things that you could possibly do so you'd either need to keep adding skills or just have any action that isn't specifically listed under the skills not require rolls. With how math heavy all the perks + traits + attributes you have to add for each skill character creation would take fucking forever. Most perks/traits were written to be fun for a videogame not a ROLEPLAYING game, keeping them straight would just be generic stat changes. Basically you'd keep the massive amount of rules that a videogame uses without the convenience of playing a videogame. It would be GM hell.

The official Fallout PNP is shit for a reason.

You'd have to rewrite so much to make it fun that you'd be better off just taking another system and making it Fallout flavored.

>The official Fallout PNP is shit for a reason.
it never had one, Exodus was suppose to be it, but Glutton Creeper Games never got the license.
some of the old crpg's have had their games based on Table Top Games of the time.

Ohy fucking god why

That's sad

There's always Mutant Epoch, if you're willing to sort through literally hundreds of tables.

The homebrew my friends and I have been playing for the last six months uses SPECIAL.

Whats wrong with d20?

>because GMs aren't computers.

>Not having a computer-like autistic GM
it's like you don't want to have fun

Yes.
FOE
docs.google.com/document/d/1fsNLwKTWEt0pawFWLRzBtEPfvDQGitGPh8NN3Zk0xo4/mobilebasic

Is this what you wanted?

I think this sounds cool, user.

>No it isn't
Son, SPECIAL is literally PC version of butchered GURPS. Get a life
>Fallout D20
Oh, right, I forgot about you fucker with your retarded "d20 everything".
Shit's awful.