Turning a huge powerful showstopper that decks are built around into an average trample flyer that summons with goyf...

>Turning a huge powerful showstopper that decks are built around into an average trample flyer that summons with goyf magic
>Not using any of the new colourless mechanics they awkwardly implemented an expansion ago and have since ignored
>This on top of everything else that happened last block
Does wizards just hate eldrazi now?

> 13/13 flying trample
>Protection from most removal
>Mindslaver

>average

I knew Veeky Forums was terrible at magic but I never realized it had gotten this bad.

I know this is gonna make me sound like one of those faggots who come out of the woodworks to justify shit Wizards does, but did we really need another card on par with old Emrakul?

I mean it's already the nuclear bomb of creatures. It hits the board and you win most of the time. Did we really need another on that level?

>Protection from most removal
lol

>take over their turn
>use their removal on their own creatures
>"go"
>attack them for 13 in the air next turn

:^)

>counter it
>problem solved

If you control the actions of your opponent, what's to stop you from having them concede?

The rules

You can't do that. You control player's game actions, conceding is meta-game action.
Also it was clarified in Mindslaver ruling.

I want you two to notice that you gain control of target OPPONENT, which means you could literally set on fire his whole deck on his behalf.

>not making your opponent do something that gets them disqualified from Magic for the next few years

Step up your game.

So you can literally force them to have sex with you. Now this is interesting. MTG become lot more interesting

>what is Declaration in stone
>journey to nowhere
>bonfire of the damned
>any counterspell or discard spell
>kek quicken+sorcery even

Compared to OG emracool this is a bullshit card. It's lowest CMC is 6. That means you need to create a shitty deck to make 1 card playable. It'll be cute in standard for a bit. If this card ever had any impact on the modern or legacy metas then people would literally just run more counterspells and discard.

>mfw it doesn't even have the shuffle into library from graveyard clause
>literally unplayable trash

Your heading down a ruinous path.

You're thinking too small.
Why make your opponent suck you off when you can make him suck off the entire shop?
Why not the whole town? Country? World?
This is the most powerful card ever printed.
>Wizards: No sense of right or wrong

Somehow i missed that it's not at all indestructible. So any wrath as well.

Neither was the original Emrakul

>giant fatass with mindslaver on a stick
>its only got halfassed protected
0/10 uninspired shit would not play in eternal.

>no annihilator
>goes down like a complete bitch
>can't even shuffle back into its own deck
>way overcosted to shit
>to use one of its abilities is damn near impossible
i agree.

Wait, is this real and in the next expansion? Card is a letdown but it's going to be hilarious watching all those "nuh uh, it's totally not going to be emrakul!" morons eat their words... except now every one of them is just going to claim they were arguing for the other side back then.

She is weak but you missed something, not having the shuffle into library clause is actually a benefit. That effect was always meant as a drawback to prevent reanimating these giant creatures, by not putting it on that allows you to have some reasonable outlet for getting this onto the board without having to actually cast it.

But he was uncounterable and had pro all colors and gave you a TRUE extra turn and discarding him just put it back in your deck.
IMO the reprints of the lesser 2 eldrazi were cool and flavorful. Wizards tried too hard to complete the trifecta here and dropped the ball.
Ok they had to nerf him a little i understand but why not just come up with a different balanced threat instead of ruining its identity.
>emracool is not the all powerful god-being it once was
>nahiri's housepet now
>will probably be destroyed anti climacticly by jace and company
I can keep going on as to why this just doesn't work lore wise, how he's not accurately represented card-wise but the best thing to do is be happy we have a 13/13 for potentially 6 mana in standard, because that's all it will really be.

True i did miss reanimation. Congrats you have shown me 1 upside to this card.

yeah but reanimating it just gets you a fatty, doesn't let you go full lolmindslaver so thats not hitting reanimator any time soon.

I will forgive WotC for this disappointing card if they make Geralf and Ludevic team up to create their own Lovecraftian frankenstein horror that fights Emrakul Pacific Rim style.

You still control your opponent's next turn. It isn't ETB it is casting that triggers its affect.

Who else is taking a break from this game for a while?

please this, i would cum buckets

What's up with that flavor text?

>be anyone
>see a 300-foot-tall tentacled fungus casually destroying the whole world
>"Oh, my, what a vexing enigma!"

I stopped buying cards years ago, don't know why anyone would when you can just play for free and the product has been such garbage.

pretty much this, I play goryo's vengeance in modern and tin fins in legacy if our deck got more consistency wotc would ban it into the ground.

I now want to run this with that card that makes people skip extra turns for extra shenanigans.

I cast stasis snare. You can use my turn to fuck me over if you want, but you're not getting that 13/13 flyer.

I cast infinite obliteration. I name Emrakul.

If you don't have it, that's fine. But if you do, congrats your wincon can fuck off.

>Why make your opponent suck you off when you can make him suck off the entire shop?

>Opponent is gagging, has only sucked off you and 4 other neckbeards
>Still has 20 more to go
>Can't finish them all off in time, game goes to turns
>Gets a warning for slow play

Fuck off namefag

For the time you can do that, you would be dredged like 40 times

The first Emrakul is absolute cancer and never should have been printed, let alone designed. It's okay to have more powerful creatures as the game progresses, but Oldrakul was bear YGO levels of power creep.

>Putting cards from exile into hand

I fucking hate eldrazi so fucking much. I'm actually happy Emrakul shows up in this set so the Jacetice league can kill her and end this shitty tribe once and for all. Ugin can go blow his dad.

I agree with you fully.

The main problem was Annihilator. Nothing should of had more than Annihilator 2. Aeon's Torn 6 was just adding insult to death.

Ugin's going to make an Eldrazi zoo or something to protect them.

He's going to put them on your favorite plane before you get there.

You make an interesting point. What if Ugin's plan was not just contain the Eldrazi Titans, but to study, and control them. Or even worse become one. Drana was able to kill that Eldrazi mini boss and absorb it's power. What if Ugin did that to all three of the Titans?

>Eldrazi on Lorwyn

>Get in the zombie, Shinji

>he

Why would you play if it's been garbage for years?

>It's another tg fails to predict magics meta thread
Remember if you say everything sucks and is terrible you're bound to be right some of the time

They can still counter it in response to you casting it. Its not like it instantly becomes their turn as soon as you cast it and they lose control. They still have multiple opportunities to cast instants during the rest of your turn.

>tfw nothing will ever have protection from clip wings

good feel.

Fuck you vendilion clique, fuck you emrakul(s)

It's a great feeling when your opponent realizes he can't do shit against clip fucking wings

>implying this didn't work on original Emrakul
this one is also a possible reanimator target, though losing the on cast effect is big here.

>declaration
controlling the next turn helps a lot here. Same with journey
>bonfire
For 13?
>any counterspell or discard spell
worked against old Emrakul just as well. And most everything else. This is worse than 'dies to removal'.
>quicken mentioned as card people actually play.

Getting it to CMC 8 is much more reasonable, and that means it's easier to cast without access to tron than original Emrakul. It also stays in the yard, so it's open to reanimator strategies if you just want to win with a 13/13 flying trampler.

just rain on my parade don't you

Why does everyone forget best angel?
Also the fact that her new form fucks up emrakul is neat.

You do realize they get the their 'normal turn' after you minds leaver them right?

Don't get me wrong, minds leaver is a good effect, but part of what makes it so good is that you effectively not only make your opponent waste a turn and make bad plays for them, but also 'gain' a turn after that. With how new-Emmy is worded, you lost what can easily be seen as the best effect of the mindslaver which is that "extra" turn.

Also if they have a wrath in hand there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. You effectively discard their targeted removal and play their creatures, then they get the turn to wrath and still have a chance to come back.

*mindslaver* holy fuck phone.

if you put it as "mind's lever", it actually makes sense.

Are we going to be stuck with anus mana for the rest of magic history just for the sake of ~20 card in oath of the gatewatch?

Emerakul gave innistrad pro blue, making all blue things except snapcaster suck. Snappy moved to tarkir anyways.

I don't honestly know what the issue people have with anus mana is. It differentiates colorless mana specifically from 'any color' mana. It seems like a reasonable thing to do overall.

>you are the zombies, Shinji.

They haven't used it anywhere else and we're going to have anus producing land for ever without new card to use it

>Greasy neckbeards suking themselves off

You really don't want to see it happen mate.

So like most mechanics and keywords they've ever done?

It doesn't compare to anything I can think of.
It's like if they kept printing spell with arcane subtype and no new split onto arcane cards.

Are they still printing Wastes?

So? (1) = () now, why do you care? It's literally the same as before, but with added clarity just in case.

Only reason I can see that this would be a problem, is when you get or require a lot of colorless mana for something, but even then it's better to write "()()()()()()" than "(6), only use mana from colorless cards to use this".

There are eight card types. Tribal isn't that bad, it's got Lignify, Bitterblossom, Eyeblight's Ending, All Is Dust, Elvish Promenade, Nameless Inversion, and Boggart Shenanigans.

eight? I know only about seven.

The card types are artifact, conspiracy, creature, enchantment, instant, land, phenomenon, plane, planeswalker, scheme, sorcery, tribal, and vanguard.

As I said in my first post, my gripe is that it only matter for some card of one set.
It would've be fine if kept using it from then onward.

Who says they won't? As I said, this is them keeping their options open just in case.

I mean, it's theoretically hard castable on turn 4 if you can play some mana dorks and dump your library into the graveyard, but I somehow suspect that is not a practical scenario.

1: Forest, BoP
2: Forest, Bop, Lightning Greaves
3: Forest, Traumatize
4: Forest, Emrakul, Equip Emrakul

I present the worst combo in Modern history

also I don't know why I wrote combo

Even in Standard you can hard cast her on turn 6 without even much effort.

Problem is that it's far better to cast her against a strong enemy board to make sure you can use their removal on their own creatures.

>I'm retarded

Are you stupid? Or maybe I am. Original cant be countered.

>they have clip wings in hand
=(
>they get a second fucking turn and top deck ruinous path or any of the million sorcery or envhantment removals
=(
>he gets countered
=(
>their hand is empty
=(

He's fucking shit you limp cuckold. Take another round in the ass from wizards.

>can be cast for as low as 6 (but realistically gonna be something like 7-9
>offs something like 2-3 enemy cards on cast, including those sorceries he might have had to kill it or enchantments
>cant be dealt with the turn it comes in since pro inst
>is probably gonna be shit on t2 for a while since stasis snare exists, but will probably see modern play anyway

But you still cast it regardless if she resolves.

Any more spoilers today or do we have to wait until the 27th or whatever?

It matches with Ulamog and Kozilek

All three of them are dumb, though. Three dumbs don't make a smart.

>Much enigma. Very vexing. Wow.

I am into that, yes. I would play Tribal Zombies just for that.

>has no style
>has no grace
>this Eldrazi will be killed by Jace

>let's make shit cards forever so modern/vintage faggots never have to update their metagame and can play the same decks against the same people forever and ever and ever!

powercreep arguments make me want to kill myself.

>game 2 only
>top deck 1 card for their now fucked up hand and board
>still get mindslaver eff
>they have no cards and this is somehow a bad thing
lmao

Dropping this for 8 on turn 4 in most ramp decks is game. And now they're forced to run otherwise shitty removal just for the offchance I may have a 13/13 8 drop in my deck.

Ha! Hahahaha! HAHAHA
nah man

All the people complaining that a ~10 mana 13/13 flyer trample isn't an I WIN NOW card is rather pathetic.

Back in my day, cards, good/almost broken cards for their time had draw backs; now the game has turned into all upside all the time. It feels almost gutted in the level of skill required.

Fuck off back to the early 90's, oldfag. It has nothing to do with skill. In fact, the powerlevel of cards has been slowly decreasing since Return to Ravnica. I'm sure, eventually, WotC will send us back into a shit hole with cards that gives us barely anything good for 6 mana or above.

It's going to be so much fun when, in a few months time, Emrakul becomes the baddest top end threat in a ramp deck that drops her turn 5 or 6 and decks start boarding in clip wings to deal with her, then everyone on tg can do their usual 180 "duh it's great you limp cuckold, anyone with a brain could have seen how good it was from the moment it was spoiled".

nah, they'll start mainboarding clip wings because everyone's big threats happen to be flying so it's never a dead card

odyssey was so fucking good, in a number of ways

Trust me I dont forget her.

She's my go to EDH voltron.

You want to target her? Too bad hexproof.
You want to force me too sac? TOO BAD.

Salty tears from players who have to wrath the board to make her stop

If that happens I will publicly apologize and quit my Veeky Forums hobbies forever.

But it won't because the card is trash. Chase rare at best.

13/13 trample flying is all it has going for it. That is admittedly pretty good.

Protection from instants is meh. There are so many removal cards that are sorceries it isn't even funny.

Way way worse than mindslaver.