Warhammer 40,000 general

Tanks, titan and all other veichles edition
>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>ORKZ IZ MADE FER KRUMPIN

Does that mean what I think it means? Because I am down for some ork on ork scissor-fucking.

Yes, they were made to be krump'd.

First for all vehicles are garbage and that's why no one ever used them.

5th for youre just jealous of how amazing Chimeras are.

>win games as Orks
>tell Veeky Forums
>they call you a lier
Going up against a skyhammer/libarius imperial fists army this weekend, any tips?

Sixth for you're right, I really am.

>First for all vehicles are garbage and that's why no one ever used them.

Speak for yourself.

Stretch your asshole out with a smallish dildo the morning before so it's not so rough. Also, bring plenty of lube.

Newbie so might be a dumb question but whats the cheapest way to build a jump pack HQ? Does the Space Marine Commander box come with a jump pack or do I just build one from the Vanguard box?

>lose games as orks
>tell Veeky Forums
>they call you a cuck or whatever and you just wish 40k wasn't such a shitty game

All Grav? Or can he into magnets?

I dunno, I beat this guy so many times he's resorting to this.
I'm kinda confident I'm going to win.

WHY ARE CHIMERAS SO GREAT Veeky Forums?
WHY ARE RHINOS SO SHIT IN COMPARISON?

Surround your gubbins in fodder, counter charge and kill.

Good luck boss.

how do you do it, dude?

what's your list look like? what's the plan when you start the game?

Because C.S. Goto.

All I know is this
>One squad will be grav because of the meme
>each devisator squad will have a different loadout
>assault sargents will have power axes
>he will have a vindicator and deimos pattern vindicator

>Boyz out the ass
>Killy shit behind the boyz

He will come to you, feed him boyz then charge, take cover from the vindicator.

rules wise, or fluff wise?
Rules, they have enough gun to be a nice little workhorse for their point, and guard are squishy enough that the benefit from having the extra protection is much more.

Rhinos let marines move 12" and that's all.

>using grav against Orks
I kek'd, do you spam MANZ against him or something?

A rhino is a poor man's drop pod.

So I'm building a Tau army, but I don't want to be a colossal faggot. I'd like to center the army around crisis suits and kroot, with plenty of stuff to gimp it sufficiently.

So far I've got:
>6 crisis suits, a commander, 2 broadsides, 1 riptide (won't field unless I need to fill points quick)
>30 kroot, 6 kronor hounds, 2 krootox, 3 knarloc riders
>unit of fire warriors, unit of pathfinders

Any suggestions to keep it fun yet not too weak at 1250?

They also eat up a round of shooting that the Marines would have taken otherwise.

biggest difference between a rhino and a drop pod is that I actually enjoyed building my rhinos. I converted a drop pod to a dreadclaw though...that was fun. and saved me 60 ameribucks from having to buy the forgeworld one.

Mostly by getting lucky I admit.
Warboss on a bike, Not-warboss in mega armour, weirdboy, deff dread, dakka jet and mek gunz.

I tabled him turn 4 last time I tabled his marines, time before that I shot his nids off the time, before that I stomped all over his cult mech, murdered his knight army and my deff dread ate all his thunderwolves for breakfast.

This is the last straw he says, he's going all out with the cheesiest stuff he has, I'm just going to swarm all my good stuff with grotz and boyz for cover and just hold on to my arse.

Mek gunz are safe as they're toughness 7 and armour save nothing so he's going to need lascannons to kill my grots, meganobz in a trukk and my biker boss in a big group of bikes, wish me luck.

He just wants them because he doesn't have any grav and everyone says it's a really good weapon so he's building a dev squad with 4 cannons.

I have one squad of MANZ but they do tend to ruin his day, last game the not-warboss ate two of the vindicators lasers to the face only for a weird-boy to return fire with a killbolt and blow it up.

>murdered his knight army
H O W
O
W

>Knights army tabled by Orks
>Veeky Forums still thinks Knights are overpowered
kek

>Mek gunz are safe as they're toughness 7 and armour save nothing
Aren't they 3+?

The guns are but the 10 grots manning them don't have an armour save so you go by the majority.

Doing gods work user, keep up the green fight

You go by whatever's in front. Only toughness is group majority.

eehhh, I guess it's not the whole truth to call it a 'knight army'.

It was a 1000 point game, my orks vs his grey knights with allied knight.
After a failed charge my tank bustas, deff dread, MANZ and warboss jumped on it all at once. The first squad of grey knights with grandmaster came down and got disintegrated by kustom mega kannons leaving the second squad to fight off over 40 boyz by themselves.

only a few, and an equivalent cost of marines could have taken those shots.
While an equivelent cost of guardsmen could have taken the few higher str shots that that took down the chimera, the guardsmen would have evaporated under a couple of blasts.
AV12 front also means they were likely using at least S6 shots against it. AV11 on the rhino means that a storm bolter can open it up, and a multilaser likely will.

A rhino is basically two marines standing in front of the squad who happen to let the squad move 12", but making it so only 2 of them can fire snap shots.

A chimera is an Ogryn with two big guns standing in front of the guardsmen, who lets them move 12" and still have 6 fire at BS 3.

Where does it say that in the rulebook?

Get the vanguard box, a pack of extra jump packs (from the bits section on the GW site or an ebay guy), a tactical squad, and maybe a command squad or sternguard squad.

All of that are stuff you probably need anyways but this way you can kit out a pretty nice 10 man crew to follow your Chapter Master around.

Could I get some help with making a Vostroyan regiment? I was thinking about them being sent to garrison a sector filled with rednecks in space who distrust outsiders and who make outsiders "disappear". Thoughts?
>VLADIMIR, IF YOU SEE THAT FARMER'S DAUGHTER ONE MORE TIME I SWEAR ON THE MURDER KUBE OF THE EMPEROR I WILL KILL YOU.
>Ivan, relax. You see, Ivan, when you're not a stupid hick you can't be shot by stupid hick.

Speak for yourself

The problem is Veeky Forums underrates ork, not overrates knights.

I know tyranids are shit but i like the models and lore so that's what i'm rolling with for my first army. I haven't played yet but i'm building my army and plan on playing a 2-4 person friendly game at home soon. No clue what i'm up against or what game type we're playing so i'm just trying to be well rounded. What do yall think of this list.

750 Pts Tyranids
HQ
Hive Tyrant (240 Pts) TL Devourers With Brainleech Worms(2), Electroshock Grubs, Wings, ,
Tyranid Prime (150 Pts) The Miasma Cannon, Devourers, ,
Troops
Tyranid Warrior Brood (110 Pts)
- Tyranid Warrior (3): Scything Talons(3), Deathspitter(2), Venom Cannon, ,
Tyranid Warrior Brood (100 Pts)
- Tyranid Warrior (3): Scything Talons(3), Devourers(2), Barbed Strangler, ,
Ripper Swarm Brood (45 Pts)
- Ripper Swarm (3): Deep Strike(3), ,
Ripper Swarm Brood (45 Pts)
- Ripper Swarm (3): Deep Strike(3), ,
Fast Attack
Gargoyle Brood (60 Pts)
- Gargoyle Swarm (10): Blinding Venom, Fleshborer

Discuss.

Sounds like you're bad at playing IG or you got smashed by Leman Russes.

People actually pay points for the Burning Chariot? It doesn't count if you're just summoning them.

>Vehicles are great, look at all the transports I use!
Saying undercosted transports designed to die so your units won't isn't a great argument for how vehicles aren't in a shitty place right now.

While we are on the subject, a moment of silence for the Monolith.

Whats the hull gun on all the old style Russ anyway?

I'm not a weeb so Idk who or what those cat names belong to.

I've Payed for them twice. In the first game it killed a Russ and a couple of guard squads and in the other it killed a drop-pod two dreadnoughts and some marine squads. Although, I usually just summon them.

shit, you field a weirdboy? what kind of results does it put up?

It's conspicuously not mentioned on page 36, the page after it mentions majority Toughness. It also mentions each model taking saves in turn (compared to Wounds, which are rolled all at once against a unit).

Weird ones

Lascannon

started IG, and was just not that impressed by their durability.

Though it was a small points game and they seemed like they were just immune to most guns, but then folded as soon as you go the right type of gun at them.

>Vehicles are shit because of that one time 5 years ago when my LR exploded from a laspistol

He's actually pretty good in my manz squad. Kill bolt and power vomit are insanely powerful, warpath never goes amiss and a little bit of psychic defense on my high value squad is worth it if they try to scream my nobz to death.

planning on having an IG + inquisition allies list.
I plan to bring servo skulls to form synergy with a manticore and veteran demo charge templates.

any suggestions?

Pretty much, hide them at the back with camo netting.

vehicles aren't shit, but the new rules seriously cracked down on their survivability, and things were not changed to compensate for this.

So you get shit like predators the tougher way of holding those heavy weapons compared to a devastator squad of similar cost. Land Raiders aren't reliable ways to deliver assault units. Trukks vanish before they can add more than 6 inches of mobility. etc.

vehicles that are good are transports, carry a gun you can't get outside of a vehicle, or something like that. They aren't the tougher way to mount a weapon, but they are costed like they are.

>started IG, and was just not that impressed by their durability.
Well their fluff is that they pretty much just drown their enemies in bodies.

well I wanted to get punisher pask in range to brrrt down things. But poor positioning got me. I didn't realise how easy it was for my opponent to get an angle where the ruins were only covering like 10% of my hull.
The 3+ save would likely have helped a lot.

Leman Russes are really cheap for their durability

in larger lists you can take tons of them

Does that mean Maki moves faster than the others when on the battlefield with Orks?

For the guy who posts the
>Orks are a melee race
>I2
meme, I have a question.
Do you hate Orks or GW's treatment of Orks?
Not starting shit, just curious.

Well, yeah, if someone gets lucky with a gravgun or a melta it'll blow up and be very sad.

The way I use them is setting up my army around them in such a way that they never seem like the most dangerous target -- like having 30 conscripts coming closer to an objective or something.

With IG you have to play all your strengths (cheap bodies, many shots, artillery, orders and tonks) all at once, always, to have a chance of doing something.

Anyone?

durability of the Russ.
I'm running heavy mech guard.
Escalation, working towards punish pask squad +emperor's spear+ emperor's wrath.

Get death cult assassins, they're good.
Make the inquisitor your warlord and put them in a squad.

>the new rules seriously cracked down on their survivability
Did you skip 6E or something? Vehicle survivability is way better than it was.

>grav gun.
so fucking cheesy. Immobilized is damn close to just destroying the tank. Roll one 6 to wound, ruin the vehicle.

Melta's I can deal with because they take positioning. Grav is dumb.

Not him. Originally it was an Aussie Ork player who decided to laugh at himself, but some /v/ermin or other idiot decided to take over.

meant since 5th. They learned a little in 6, not enough.

It is dumb as fuck, but I have managed to beat my drop pod grav spam mate in half our matches by just having a fuckload of dudes stopping him from deep striking too close to the tanks

Although he plays CAD cause he's too lazy to work out the formations

Overall the Leman Russ is kinda weak at the moment, what with the lackluster BS and the ordinance cannons forcing snapshots and especially the huge number of ways to counter heavy armor at the moment.

But I think they work well if you use formations and units to boost their stats.

When and how was this EVER good?
It's weapon is heavy and the flamed doesn't have the Relentless special rule.

>leman russ formation
It would work... if it didn't cost like 800 pts.

In fact the entire IG detachment would be great, if they cut 1 off of every requirement number greater than 1 for the core formations.

Pretty sure the chariot rider counts as stationary even if the chariot moves in 7th ed. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

crew shaken should only reduce you to bs1 so you can still fire blasts/flamers, stunned should be the only one that forces snap shots, y/n

do you know what armies you might be playing against?

Rider counts as stationary mate.

What kind of implants would a "Augmented Troops" Penal Legion have? and who would have it? would every penal guardsmen have a augment?

Well, really it depends.

Could be anything from loyalty protocals Admech style, to being specially roided up.

good representation for that is renegades and heretics, with the heretek magos, as well as enforcers with combat drug Injectors, fnp 6+ for 10 points a squad, and rage on the charge with a toughness test or lose d3 models

Idiot new player here, making an IG list.
Are veterans or scions a better use of points?

I misread the file name as "Canadian with plasma gun"

depends on what you need done, scions are best used for suicide deep strikes and spot removal, veterans are good for saturating with special weapons and Chimera spam

I sort of agree. For me it feels like a single IG formation should make up the core of your army, with everything else dumped into a CAD.

My 1850 and 2000 point lists right now abide by that philosophy: An emp's fist tank formation, and everything else dumped into a CAD. This works for me because I'm all about the tanks anyways and I still get objective secured on all my troops. I imagine something similar could be done with Valkyries and I know for a fact infantry blobs can do it. But for mechguard I can't think of anything better than the CAD to begin with so your vets and chimeras are sorta SOL.

veterans, always. Unless you're going for a melta suicide squad of 5 dudes deep striking (hopefully) near a tank.

Scions only get 2 special weapons per squad, right?

I just wanted to mention all guardsmen typically are right handed(hand holding their gun) and all chaos cultist seem to be left handed. Not only does this make modding difficult but also implies that my left handedness is a sign of chaos corruption.

That is all.

yep, but the command squad as part of the Platoon can take 4

>left handedness is a sign of chaos corruption
Obviously it is you Chaos worshiping mutant.

Girls only play Eldar

command squads for scions can take up to four, but I use a vox, a medic pack, a plasma pistol and 2 plasma guns.

I need that invulnerability save

Well that's a relief but it's still got Warpflame and AV 10 right?

well I have cut myself a lot while making my army, does that count as ritual bloodletting?

Khorne cares not from where the blood flows as long as it flows.

what invulnerable save? does the vox give you an invul? or maybe you're thinking of a feel no pain save?

The rider's weapon's and melee attacks have warpflame as well as the chariots hammer of wrath attacks. It is AV10 but it can jink and lets you split wounds between the chariot and rider both of which have an invuln.

Don't own any land raiders to make them survivable. Or any death cult assassin's for that matter.

As I understand the rules. I'd have to bring IG as an allied detachment with only two vets