Shinobi Quest #17

Shinobi Quest #17

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime and her team began the process of taking out the bandits plaguing Reisui Village and the Land of Hot Springs at large. After a somewhat embarrassing first showing in combat, Tsuki reaffirmed to herself her commitment to be shinobi. The teams split up, and began systematically dismantling the bandit hideout. Guy-sensei was left behind to guard the entrance from any returning patrols, and the remainder headed in. Halfway through the complex, the team split up to handle two groups of enemies, with Sasuke, Nori, Hinata, Sakura, and a Tsuki clone armed with a kunai launcher headed towards the larger group, and Itachi-sensei, Lee, and Tsuki herself heading towards the smaller group of three enemies- ones that had chakra signatures.

Itachi’s fears were confirmed when the small group reached the lowest layers of the hideout- Samurai. By using a diversion tactic with Lee, Tsuki and Itachi were able to take out the samurai with a student-teacher double Great Fireball Technique. Proceeding inside the last room, they found both Reisui’s captured mayor, and the leader of the bandits- a horned samurai in blue-tinted armor, wielding two chakra-infused katana....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_9CeXhZaxVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Itachi pushes through the double doors, into a large room- filled with bunks, crates, and food, with a desk on the far end, covered in maps. A man sits at the desk, with similar armor as the others- although his armor has a horned helmet, and a fine blue sheen you recognize from somewhere…

You also see the mayor, bound and gagged, over to one side.

The man stands up, donning his helmet, and draws two blades, which immediately flicker awake with chakra.

“So, they finally sent someone after me? Near-sighted fools! Very well then, intruders, have at thee!”

You have no idea what he’s talking about.

However, as this is happening, a familiar sensation pricks the back your mind.

The feeling of your clone’s chakra returning….

Wargle a couple anons on Akuns useless ninja quest chat were calling your quest edgy for what happened last time. Any thoughts? Shitpost them to hell?

Who gives a fuck?

Fuck'em anons gonna bitch they aint OP as hell they can bugger off we don't need'em

user really?

What are we grade schoolers who gives a shit what they think

The memories play back in your mind-

The sound of heavy machinery roars in the distance- and the sound of heavy launcher fire. You look around to see a few corpses about- all enemies, thankfully. On the far side of the room, separated by a bridge, are 10 bandits, 9 of which wielding kunai launchers, keeping suppressing fire on your group. One of them is behind some sort of bunker, with a larger, floor mounted launcher of some kind- the source of all the noise.

It begins to become louder, firing off hundreds of shots, possibly through some sort of feeding mechanism you cannot see. Your group of five is pinned down- you volunteer to go back for either Itachi or Guy, and the others nod. Waiting for a lull within the fire, you bolt- only for the roar to come again. You try to outrun it, but cannot seem to manage. Your clone’s last thought is being pierced by several small launcher-sized kunai.

“The others are in trouble, sensei.” you report, fighting off the memory daze.

“Tch. Well, we cannot just leave this one untended. How bad is it?” he responds while eying the enemy leader.

“Bad enough that they are trapped if we don’t help them.” you utter.

You see him close his eyes and think….

You...

1. Volunteer to head back to get Guy, leaving Itachi and Lee to fight the Samurai.
2. Suggest Lee go get Guy, leaving you and Itachi to fight the Samurai.
3. Suggest Itachi go save the group, leaving you and Lee to fight the Samurai.
>Write-in/Other

1. Volunteer to head back to get Guy, leaving Itachi and Lee to fight the Samurai.

Lee doesn't use chakra, and he's fast. So he'd be relatively okay

>1. Volunteer to head back to get Guy, leaving Itachi and Lee to fight the Samurai.

>2. Suggest Lee go get Guy, leaving you and Itachi to fight the Samurai.

>3 Suggest Itachi go save the group, leaving you and Lee to fight the Samurai.

Itachi is the big gun, and we can at least hold thie guy off at worst. Also, us and Lee are a good team. We can back each other up.

Lee is fastest

>1. Volunteer to head back to get Guy, leaving Itachi and Lee to fight the Samurai.

lol I really couldn't care less. If exactly one thread is enough for it to be edgy, crown me shadow the edgehog.

Naruto is at it's best when it deals with political intrigue and murder and assassination happen all the time in a world like this- at the end of the day, they are child soldiers being trained to be elite warriors.

At least, that's what I think. If you want straight shonen with no violence and the ability for everything to end in sunshine and rainbows, this quest probably isn't for you. I like to think I keep the darker moments contrasted with the lighter ones and humor.

>Other
Itachi send a clone of some kind to ask Guy to back up the others, it's fucking Itachi he'll be fine.

That way the three of us can deal with this guy.

Wait a moment, yeah. This

Changing to this.

It would be interesting and promising if you do address and have scenes that focus on the fact that Tsuki is a near teenager who has been trained to kill people, and has done it at least twice.

This is good actually, I mean there's no way itachi doesn't know some kind of clone jutsu.

Sounds like people want Itachi to send a clone of some kind to get guy- this is doable.

Writing.

“Sensei, can you send one of your clones to get Guy?” you ask.

“Yes, although crow-clones, unlike shadow clones, don’t really have a mind of their own. I’ll need to have it guide him. It shouldn’t provide too much of a distraction…” he answers.

He quickly throws up the signs for what you assume is his crow clone technique- his shadow quickly elongates, and from it, a large black bird bursts forth.

The bird wastes no time, flying up the passageway, back towards the fork.

“If you little shinobi are done with your meeting, I suggest we get back to matters at hand.” the samurai’s raspy, somewhat tinny voice coming through his rebreather.

“You face Yojimbo! Former Kenin of the Land of Iron! You dishonorable shinobi will fall to my blades!”

He assumes a battle stance you aren’t familiar with- and you can tell Itachi is focused on guiding the clone, at least subconsciously.

You…
1. Wait for Itachi’s direction.
2. Spread out, to surround him!
3. Try to distract him with ranged weapons (Bow, Kunai, Launcher)
4. Use a Jutsu to get his attention! (Choose a technique!)

>3. Try to distract him with ranged weapons
Launcher

>4. Use a Jutsu to get his attention!

Time for Phoenix Flower jutsu to get him in the position for Lee to attack

>1. Wait for Itachi’s direction.

>3. Try to distract him with ranged weapons (Bow)
Bow might actually have more piercing capability that the launcher

Whoops Fire Dragon Bullet not Phoenix Flower

3. Try to distract him with ranged weapons (Bow,

>3. Try to distract him with ranged weapons (Bow, Kunai, Launcher)
Bow, aim for the eye's or armpits.

>3. Try to distract him with ranged weapons
Hurl a handful of Kunai and while they fly through the air launch "Fire Dragon Bullets" Keep him suppressed or on the defensive.

Lee engage only when you see an opening.

These, what the fuck are you faggots doing just sitting there waiting, Itachi is busy and unless he says do something directly we do things ourselves.

This but I assume you mean Dragon Bullets.

>3. Try to distract him with ranged weapons (Bow, Kunai, Launcher)

Use the launcher with Fire Dragon Bullet to create flaming kunai.

Don't work that way homie. Both the jutsu and launcher need two hands to operate.

Distraction no Jutsu!

Writing.

Seriously why are people voting 1? If Itachi wants us to do something he will say, right now he's steering a clone. Do the obvious and get to work not sit there like a fool and wait for sensei to order us around, use your fucking heads.

Then either do the hand signs first and quickly grab the launcher or have a shadow clone shoot the launcher.

youtube.com/watch?v=_9CeXhZaxVw

You to distract this guy- just long enough for Itachi-sensei to guide Guy, anyway.

“Lee! Don’t engage until sensei says so! I’m going to stay at a distance and attack that way!” you yell, pulling out your bow.

“Right!” Lee responds, pulling out some kunai.

The three of you move as one unit, trying to stay at range. You try taking a few shots, and Lee throws a few kunai in conjunction- but Yojimbo simply deflects them with his blades.

“Cowardly shinobi! Too afraid to face me in close combat? This is why the Samurai is superior! Mifune and the others are fools!” Yojimbo yells, taunting you.

“Fine! Don’t think my skills are limited to personal combat! Sabre Technique! Flash!”

Yojimbo cuts the air in a broad x shape- firing large crescents of chakra at you!

Roll to dodge!
(1d100, first 5)

Rolled 28 (1d100)

Rolled 1 (1d100)

ohoho

Rolled 2 (1d100)

oh dear.

Oh oh oh...
Tsuki truely is cursed to be shit at combat

Rolled 92 (1d100)

Rolling

Rolled 72 (1d100)

Rolled 39 (1d100)

Time to save the day

It's because you guys are rushing to roll.

Well, hopefully we don't do crit fails.

Please don't count as anything special.

No crits, please.

We do!

AREN'T CRITS JUST THE BEST

THANK fuck. RNG esus

its RNG rushing has nothing to do with anything

brah, scroll

I rolled a one brah

Failure is a character building experience.

Maybe we won't fail at a combat some day.

Not when it kills us

the dice roller forms it's results from the post time, people rolling within seconds of each other tend to get similar results.

Can we please ditch this damned bow, gadgets and stuff, cool. Bows suck shit and don't suit the character an ounce.

Need to git gud at basic shit instead of dreaming about fancy stuff like puppets or summons or somet 3rd thing.

lift some weights damn it!

This quest sure does love dead senseis huh

Bows have been part of the character before the special release. Suck a fat one.

7 second post time difference

How would "getting gud" fix a homicidal dice bot?

I mean we're playing a spoiled 12 year old heiress who passed her exam because her dad bribed the teachers.

>Overconfident ninja kid
>Gets knocked the fuck out
>Humbled
>Recuperates after mission, perhaps acquiring badass scar or something.
>Rocky training montage
>Returns with a vengeance.

>Ebisu died to protect this whelp of a ninja

What a senseless waste of human life

Don't mean it has to stay and secondly we have used in in exactly 1 mission before this so no..its not established. Bows such shit, fuck the puppets. Go gear and gadgets to support our release.

>Returns with a vengeance.

>rolls a 1
>dies

I don't know the formula it uses, just that it is based on post time. still 3 low rolls in a 40 second period

I mean, we could lose a limb then get a fancy gadget arm.
He died for Hinata actually.

You move to dodge- DC:45

PASS! No crits? That’s fine. It’s the first true one of the quest, anyway.

Writing.

Fuck that. Our Tsuki ain't becoming no handicap fetish.

He died protecting all of us anons

Praise Wargle.
Shitstorm for nothing.

So... if we actually get to do anything else this combat do we just fry the asshole with stellar or do we stick to regular stuff.

Thank you, Wargle.

Regular. No need to expose ourself.

>Shitstorm for nothing.
that's your average shitstorm

no because we are hiding the Stallar release until the exams at the earliest.

Oh thank god, i'm fine with no crits d100. we've been fine without crits for 17 threads.

Between this thread and the next, I'm going to refine the dice system I use, I think.

I'll take suggestions via twitter and in thread after it's over.

Well yeah, more like a shit drizzle.

take a d20
put it up your butt
shoot it out
write down the number
best of 3

Dice are fine as is, we've just had extremely bad luck in this quest.

and anons always fucking go apeshit whenever they roll badly and then start blaming everything but simple bad luck for it.

The dice are fine. Everyone is just exaggerating.

If anything just put a note in the Pastebin or something that crits and crit fails aren't a thing and all is good.

I personally like 3d10 with a dc. If all three in one roll are over dc, it's a crit. if only 2 are over it's a pass. Only 1 of 3 over is a failure and the crit fail on noNE of the 3 are over. Still only take best of 3 or 5 or whatever. I know some people don't like it.

I've been trying to think of a way of working something like Fantasy flight's star wars thematic dice in. Best I can say is if 3 or or more first 5 rolls are in ascending order, there is some saving grace even if none pass the roll. Say the DC is 40 but we only roll 2, 14, 33 in a row. It would fail the check but something would happen to help in a later roll or give hints to a better way to go. I dunno, just saying shit.

The three of you dodge out of the way- with a large crash as the attack connects where you were once standing.

Itachi is next to you- Lee dodged the other way. As you land, Yojimbo is already chaining into his next attack.

“Sabre Technique: Rupture!” he shouts, following with a vertical slice. A single blade of chakra flies towards you, with you and Itachi dodging forward just in time.

“Rupture!”
“Rupture!”
“Rupture!”
“Rupture!”

He keeps firing them off in what almost seems like a dance. You have to keep moving to avoid them, making getting in attack difficult. In this distance, you can see Lee trying to ponder his next move, as his ranged attacks have proved ineffective.

Itachi is more than self sufficient, but you can see he’s still guiding the clone. He’s dodging these attacks with his eyes closed.

Blows are being rained down upon you from a distance. How should you proceed?

1. Just try to keep distracting him until Itachi-sensei is finished.
2. Try to attack him with a Technique (Dragon Bullet or Great Fireball)
3. Try a technique whilst Lee distracts him.
4. Have Lee engage. (Pick another option with this)
5. Use a Stellar Chakra technique (Which one?)
>Write-in

I'm quite partial to 3d6 with circumstantial bonuses and penalties. It means the rolls tend towards the average, and bonuses for good/poor conditions or for using a technique/tactic that we're particularly good at make a big difference. A +1 or +2 bonus in situations like that makes a way bigger difference than it would rolling a d100 or even a d20.

>2. Try to attack him with a Technique (Great Fireball)

>1. Just try to keep distracting him until Itachi-sensei is finished.

Gee bill that sure is small.

Here's a bigger image.

1. Just try to keep distracting him until Itachi-sensei is finished.

>4. Have Lee engage. (Pick another option with this)
>2. Try to attack him with a Technique
Ok, Lee dive in for a faint attack, im gonna use Dragon Bullet, your faint will draw him in and ill hit him, I know I can trust you and you can pull this off.

>2. Try to attack him with a Technique (Dragon Bullet)

>2. Try to attack him with a Technique (Dragon Bullet or Great Fireball)
Dragon Bullet