The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously:
Never forget Phyrexia. Innistrad speculation. Chandra a cute. Lots of custom cards (all of which will go in the repo). More Innistrad speculation. More flake drawings.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:
A shitty poem: REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come. Unless that's too gay. I update the repo on a bi-threadly basis anyway.
>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wnxugIyI1dc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it just me or is Wizards purposefully and forcefully making Sorin look bad so they can kill him off? His portrayal in Stone and Blood is pretty inconsistent with his established character.

Isn't it just wonderful?

>The Machine Orthodoxy was fucking horrifying.
Pretty much what this guy said.

>Could you proofread that story for me
Like I said, I've been busy most of the day. I have to go to bed now, but I will likely have more time tomorrow.

Wasn't he always an aloof asshole?

Yes, but a good guy aloof asshole. Some recent fluff has him being a massive dick for no apparent reason.

>Good guy aloof asshole
His tarkir uncharted realm was myspace poetry talking about how velvety his soul was.

Nah, he's being portrayed the same as he always has, more or less.

Which flake is most morally opposed to your own that you believe your flake would still get along with?

Any communist flakes that won't try to take his goodies
>Not linking to the Eldrazi song

am I blind? What happened to Rakkan?

Not all flakes could fit on the first sheet and it still fit within the file size limit.
The new Sheet user is currently working on Part 2, though dunno when they'll finish with it.

bump

Well, I don't really know. Maybe someone else would.

Izari is Green centered, but still grew up on pre-Conflux Grixis. She believes in helping people, but also furthering her own goals while doing so. However, killing is not beneath her. Life can bring death just as death can bring life. Such is way of a disciple of Pharika.

>Hey Nahiri
>I'm just gonna lock you way forever, but I totally feel bad about this
So is Sorin next on the character butchering?

>Sorin goes back a week later to the helvault
You know, I think I forgot to add a way to take people out of the vault
>Looks to Avacyn
You think she'll be mad? Whatever, not like it'll ever break.

Somewhat related, does that autistic namefag who was obsessed with Sorin still come here?

How have they reacted to this?

Serena? She's here all the time.
I know you mean Chandere, I just couldn't resist. She might not namefag, but she's probably shitposting about Sorin.

Isn't Chandre basicslly Beatlejuice? Say her name enough times, eventually she appears and breaks a bunch of shit?

She is the entire reason why I want Innistrad to die a tentacley death, along with its vampiric master.

>my walker got added to the official list who knows how long ago because i never visit
neat
it's kharan lol

>Hey Sorin the Eldrazi almost broke out, you know, those things that are the biggest threat to the survival of the Multiverse, did you not get my message or something

>Yeah whatever bitch I'm busy sitting in my room and moping for no reason

>Sorin I'm understandably angry with you

>I'm too autistic to defuse the situation by apologizing so I'm going to act like a dick for no reason

>Now I'm going to try to kill you for no reason

>Ahh Avacyn help

>Wait what

>Pssh nuthin personnel kid have fun in my theoretically eternal prison, wow I really hope the Eldrazi don't wake up again like she said they just did, because then not only would I have no idea, but arguably the most integral part of the imprisonment system is now stuck in my stupid rock
>OH WELL

Neither of them really came out of it looking like geniuses, but Sorin definitely got the worst of the character-butchering. The way it's written is like he thinks that Nahiri is now some kind of permanent threat to him, when during their fight at that point he was abnormally weakened, and was still able to win with Avacyn's help. Really all he needed to do was tell her to fuck off and then get back in his Dracula coffin or whatever the fuck he was doing. Is the off-chance of her maybe still being angry enough to come back and try (and fail) to kill him again really significant enough to risk letting the fucking Eldrazi out? Honestly, this is almost enough to give Sorin the 2nd-place spot on my "dumbest Planeswalker" list. It makes it seem like he never cared about the Eldrazi at all, which begs the question of why he even bothered to help imprison them in the first place.

They were both retarded but it was mostly understandle oldwalker levels of petty.

This is just awful

Didn't he also delete the memory of the eye's location from his mind at one point?

Wew.

All right, I'm going to do this via text until I'm sufficiently motivated at a time that isn't 4:30 AM. No good images for her yet.

Name: Maritana
Colors: Green
Species: Human Druid
Personality: Calm and reserved, Maritana is not exactly the most sociable or outgoing person around. Nonetheless, she does enjoy the company of others, and feels honor-bound to repay any perceived debts or favors.
Speech Quirks: Heavy Innistrad accent, but she knows more of Theros's language than she does her own native tongue. Leads to a uniquely exotic accent that's nearly impossible to understand normally.
Quote: "Alone? I am never truly alone."
Biological Sex: Female
Plane of Origin: Innistrad
Planes Visited: Zendikar, Theros, Xerex
Notable Mentions: Learned the majority of her expanded summoning ability on Zendikar, allowing her to conjure larger and more varied warriors to fight by her side. On Theros, she spent some time learning various combat tricks and began carrying a sword- she knows only basic technique with it, however. On Xerex, she pushed her summoning abilities to the limit, and believes the odd plane holds the secret to improving herself further.
Major Life Moments:
Spark Ignition: Maritana nearly died when a zealous militiaman ran her through on suspicion of being a werewolf. He wasn't entirely unjustified, given that she was practicing her recently-discovered "animation" talents near city walls.
Special Training: Less training and more an innate ability, Maritana is able to call entities from the world around her to aid her in a fight. Before her spark ignited, she was only able to summon primal spirits from the Ulvenwald wilderness, but exposure to different planes and mana have expanded her ability to work nearly anywhere there is available mana.
Goals: To further expand and control her psuedo-summoning ability, to the point where she can manifest greater, more powerful beings anywhere she goes. Wants to explore as much of the Multiverse as she can.

All right, thankfully Veeky Forumsbooru has a useable image for this. As far as describing how her ability actually works, think of it like a less shitty, Devotion-based Anthousa. Animating the land around her, getting more stuff as devotion goes up.

Favorite cards include Aspect of Hydra (this describes a lot about her fighting style), Earthen Arms (why the fuck does Green only get one Awaken spell?) Explore (A thing she enjoys doing, after all), Howl of the Night Pack (Homesick, maybe?)

Favorite decks are monogreen land animation and monogreen devotion

Equipment carried is Sword of the Animist, Adventuring Gear, Throwing Knife

Lastly, Maritana is currently spending time in Theros, trying to hone both her innate talents as well as her ability with a sword.

>I'll try to make this into an image if that's mandatory for it to go into the repo, just, sometime that isn't this stupid late. If not, I might never get around to it.

>Sword of the Animist
I think that's unique to Nazi Elf.

Rough sketch. It takes a while cause it is kinda big... Whelp, on with the ink we go.
>mfw captcha wants me to check street signs
>shows me a lantern and nothign else
>tap on lantern
>catcha is ok with this
Sure.

Not sure where the spear came from but it's pretty cool. That Eldrazi ooze is metal as fuck though, love it.

How would Murdock assist Serena in return for not being 'purified'?

>Not sure where the spear came from
Her mallet space

Teach her how to kill and burn things with extreme prejudice. If you get a look at her spells selection you'd see she is pretty good at it. Also you can use her as some sort of eldrazi radar given her supernatural tendence at freaking out when dangerous things get into a one mile radius.
The spear came out of balancing the damn thing out of the left. Also it is a clear symbol and in comics everything is about making clearly recognizable symbols.

Your flake walks to a new plane to discover themselves in the room of a small crying child. The child says that they were grounded. How do your flakes handle this?

Now I kinda want her to find the Moonsilver Spear and carry it around.

>Nishal
ask how they got grounded. Share stories and laugh with the kid about it, then skedadle so the kid doesn't get in more trouble.

>Iosha
eh, kid probably deserves it. Laugh at him and leave.

Mono W Serena would comfort the child but understand that punishments are sometimes necessary.
W/R Serena would tell the child to stop, they need to accept their punishment or they'll only get a worse one.

>Your parents are wrong
>They can't keep you here if you burn here down

angerfish is becoming one of my favourite characters in this storm, along with DIOMEDES

I know, right? Always makes me smile.

th-thank
Honestly though he probably wouldn't get as far as learning why the kid is crying, beyond the obvious reason of a 30-ish foot long fish-serpent monster materializing in their room.

This is the compete opposite reaction to my flake from the last snowstorm, so I got that going for me.

I just love comedy based on uncompromising individuals, it's honestly one of my favourite tropes.
also I always forget how big Ko'Koarm is, holy fuck

He's a big guy.

is it bad that I want to make a U/R Bane character now? I feel like Ko'Koarm kinda fits that character, but I want to do it with a human wizard.

I have the best phrasing. But I mean let's be honest, we'd all fug a human wizard.

Yeh, horror magic is like, 90% pure protein

pic related

I dunno about that, Bane's got the sound, calmness and patience about him.
Ka'koarm's far more impulsive, and far less capable/willing to run any sort of group. I'd say go for it, albeit at whever's doing the snowstorm sheet's expense

I keep forgetting to mention that Serena is pretty large. I think I had her size at like 6' 8" or something.

That's pretty dang tall, but how tall are innistrad angels usually? I recall Zendikar angels getting fuckhuge, but can't recall how big the innistrad ones get.
Ka'koarm's got more length than height, admittedly, I'd say his main torso area is similar in size to an adult horse's. It's supposed to be extremely obvious to whoever meets him that whatever he is currently isn't natural anymore, without going the "slap tentacles on it" route.

I'd fug a Ka'koarm

I'm bored.

Ignore me.

Iirc, The average angel is described as being normally about a head taller than a man, with Avacyn being about a head taller than that.

I figure Innistrad angels are like big people. My headcanon is that Avacyn is like 8 feet or something. Yeah Zendikar angels can vary massively in height I think based on power, Iona is like 100feet tall, you could probably build a house in her cleavage.

Anyway, I'm almost done with this. I'm going to lunch now so it should be finished in a few hours.

I'm not sure he can fug you
both his own magic and nature itself are probably working to make damn sure he's sterile, unfortunately.

ah, aight. I wonder which planes have the largest and smallest angels respectively?
as an aside note, if we get more monored horrors in Eldritch Moon I'm probably going to take the opportunity to add "Mutant" to his classes, because I forgot to when I made him.

I think most planes are similar to Innistrad with the angels being larger than average humanoids, only Zendikar seems to have titanic angels.

With the exception of something really, really massive happening like Avacyn returning and fixing Brunsela I don't see Serena ever returning to mono-white. After EMN she'll probably sign up with the Boros Legion or something, hang out with Aurellia and be angry together.

>never go back to pure W
Never have been so proud to say "I helped". Let the burn and the coin tosses flow throw you.

which flakes do you think Serena's likely to start hanging around more? Would she actively start boddying up with the more red flakes, or would sh seek to regain control of herself by seeking aid from some of the more green/white/blue flakes?

pardon me,
*buddying up with

>Spider mom
"Oh, sweetheart, don't cry. Let mommy dry your tears."
Yeah, that kid's about to get spiderfied.

I think it depends largely on how this block goes, if everything goes horribly wrong right until the end then she'll likely just change her worldview to be similar to how Boros sees things: Justice is harsh and swift, those who stand in the way of what is right will die.

If things get better she'll likely be wracked with guilt, if say the angels are cured of the corruption then she'll hate herself for killing all the tainted angels she encountered during this set and try to atone for it.

I can see her hanging around with The Cathar more as they'd have a lot more in common. Murdock too, she likes feeling like she's protecting someone because it reminds her of her early days as an angel when she'd be assigned to guard and mentor humans. Plus she helped her realise how much fun burning things is.

Bodying up with Gisela and Bruna, obviously.

This is why she's a raid boss.

that first response gives me the idea for a thread question.

Who here has flakes doing anything on Innistrad? How are they helping or harming the situation?

>With the exception of something really, really massive happening like Avacyn returning and fixing Brunsela I don't see Serena ever returning to mono-white.

Can't see Avacyn coming back, Sigarda seems to be on route to replace her, and a BW host could be (re)created in recognization of Liliana's efforts or something.

Those who got me'emrakul'd are even more likely gone for good than Avacyn, though they could get replacements.

I don't actually think mine is, he's honestly more likely to be somewhere like Kamigawa or Zendikar, but if he were, he'd undoubtedly be testing to see if he could will free people from emmerdude's influence. Fire to fight fire'n all, only it's Planar Horror magic to fight Extraplanar Horror magic.

Spider mom is either on Innistrad or Ravnica, atm. If she's on Innistrad, she's gathering up all of her uncorrupted children and hightailing it out of Ulvenwald forest to go join up with some defense force. She has a vested interest in saving the plane, since her children can't planeswalk out with her. She might throw her lot in with the vampires.

Myxxzzikt might be there. If it is, it's just quietly observing and recording.

I don't see it happening either, I'm just allowing for the possibility. Also that picture is cool, saved.

my flakes have no flavour-reason to even know Innistrad exists; even an understanding of the eldrazi seems like a far shot, since neither of them have been to Zendikar as far as I've figured.

great, now I need some Iosha Jones action. Saving Nishal from vampire cultists and nabbing the ancient artifacts.

Do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wnxugIyI1dc

the counter-teaser for the Mirrodin Resistance. felt like I had to represent.

Hey, I'm curious. How is your alternate flakeball coming?

would you be opposed to black feathers on the upper part of the wings?

Only so far as I've never seen that on any angel on Innistrad, or any non-black angel in MTG for that matter. If it's a colour contrast thing you could maybe go for some Avacyn the Purifier stuff with dried blood ect?

Whatever you think looks best is always the answer I give artists though. I have no taste.

Honestly I just like the idea. Something like crane wings, you know. Just to keep the dark theme going.

Sure.

it's been coming for a while, but after I moved I stopped writing pretty much everything. thanks for reminding me; I'm gonna work on it a bit today.

'course if you don't appreciate it I'll jsut stop.

I honestly don't mind, it that's how you think it should look you're probably right. I'm just unsure why her wings would suddenly have dark tones, which is why I suggested blood.

That sounded jaded.

No I meant the whole thing.
I'm not sure about what you meant but you're probably wrong.

No, I think Serena murderballing some Eldrazi Amalgamation is fucking baller. The abomination especially looks really awesome to be honest.

>if you don't appreciate it, I'll just stop
Sounds passive aggressive.

Well it isn't, and I fail to see how woul you know fromt he other side of a computer. But as Vronak may testify, if I wanted to be agressive I'd be aggressive without the passiveness.
K', just asking. You wouldn't believe the amount of """"corrections"""" everyone has to do on your job in this line of work. Editors may just as well be tasked with criticizing only the things they know nothing about.

do you do art for a living?

"A living" is an overstatement given how friendly this job is with newcomers. Right now I'm I'm working on some small projects to present some french people to notice my stuff and consider giving me a shot. It will probably take around an year.

Well that would be all for WB I guess. I'll get on coloring it tomorrow.

Wew. That looks fucking ace.

To be fair I've been trying some things I've never did, like the fume texture that Arthur Adams (bless that man) uses, I dunno if it ended up any good. Oh well, Ill try not to screw it up with the paint. How's the writing going?

Very close to done. I'm eating dinner atm, it'll be like an hour. I'm not actually that slow at writing I just have a shit attention span.

So he's sticking Nissa in spot #3?

Nissa deserves nothing but spot 1 imho. Nahiri is badly written, petty, and an overall sad joke of a character; Nissa is just completely fucking stupid like holy shit.

Good, good. I may be already gone in one hour but I'll read it as soon as I can.

Spot #1 is forever taken by Dyfed, though, for giving Phyrexia to Yawgmoth. And then getting pithed and vivisected by him.

>Dyfed
Damn I was forgetting how many dumb motherfuckers there were in the old days too.

She gave the guy an entire plan because he happened to be in the same room as the guy she was fangirling over.
Well, and the fact that Yawgs was Glacian's personal doctor at that point (despite making the man's condition worse intentionally...), but it was mostly because he was in the room at the time.

I both love and hate the idiocy of oldwalkers.

Oldwalkers! No sense of right or wrong! Or any sense at all!

Okay so after spending all of last night grinding Proofs of Concords kept I can finally focus on actually writing Venn's story tonight. Any suggestions for where I should have it start?

>Proofs of Concords
Thanks fromsoft, ds3 is the definitive and perfect game. ESPECIALLY when it comes to covenants. people actually believe this

At least they fixed the matchmaking system. I got half of them switching between blue sents and darkmoon blades. But we're off topic. Where yah think I should start, Murdock?

... uuuh the beginning?
What was this story abotu again?

I don't recommend that he has anything to do with Brusel'mrakul. He'd be annihilated, there's no doubt about it. That may be his long term goal but he should focus on smaller tasks first, I'm sure that monster will be dealt with in the canon anyway.

Forgot to request that to be archived. Fuck.

Well when he first sees her he does fall to despair and planeswalk to ravnica. Perhaps I could start from there? Or shoul I start where Gisela firsts saves him, then slowly jump forward in time till Emmy arrives?

Could be a flashback. He sees the monster and is horrified then you insert a bit of Gisela saving him so that the reader understands why he's so upset by this.

Done btw. Proofreading now. Don't expect anything grand I am so not suited to this kind of subject when writing. I'm much more comfortable writing cute stuff and smut.

Now that I just typed those words I realise what a strange combination that would be.