EDH/Commander General

"Ulrich is the worst Werewolf commander" edition

Previous
RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-06-16-intet-the-dreamer/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/competitive-daretti-stax/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tap-tap-revolution-primer-in-progress/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder how hard it will be to transform to this side

First for Toshiro Umezawa, the most fun commander around.

I feel like this would be fucking sweet in the 99 of Xenagod

Say that to ezuris face you fuck

Explain.

It will probably be a non creature anyways so wgaf?

I have recently made some changes to my Intet deck after some recent matches and some review of match notes.
I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions I could get.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-06-16-intet-the-dreamer/

I'd nearly guarantee its a land.

Fireshrieker? Since the trigger is on deals combat damage you get to have 2 cards exiled at 6 mana.

Serious question, is every legendary designed to be played in Commander or is that just how it works out?

It just works that way

Mina and Denn were obviously designed to slot well in Standard landfall decks

>Daretti and Memory Jar

This is sex. I want to do this forever.

In earlier versions of the deck Fireshrieker hardly gave two triggers and when it did they were lackluster at times.
Usually by the time I equip it and attack the game should already be over.

There are loads of legendaries who don't suit commander very well. Including in recent sets.

there's special commander products once per year that have commanders intended in them. Idk if the designers pander to commander players in normal sets though

Riven Turnbull would like a word with you.

Who is the best commander for feeling like a supervillain? I want to get ganged up on and have the table be powerless to stop me.

Why are you even running intet? Just for flavour because Riku of the Two Reflections is probably better.

I like to be able to sit at a table and not instantly get hated on, sure archenemy is fun but I would rather keep an interesting game going on than a blowout.
Jhoira of the Ghitu, you get to set the doomsday clock and watch people panic.

Zedruu or Gwafa for General? I like both and I like the politics idea.

But Phage is a fine commander.

A 7 mana 4/4 that can't protect itself and has no evasion and requires significant setup, in a mono colour?
Sure bud

130 is red retards.

It's functional, and wins easily when used well, so it doesn't apply to the point you were trying to make.

>township

Dragonlord Kologhan

they are I'm sorry to say

>collector number
>1
>3
>0
Now go ahead and tell me that there are 175+ lands in Eldritch Moon.

Wizards sometimes makes legendary creatures with EDH in mind but it's not the norm

Obviously I meant to type 75.

We can only hope.

Daghatar

Black has some of the most balls to the wall, fun instants in the game.

Tainted pact
Hatred
Demonic consultation
Spoils of the vault
Etc

But can't any mono black use then and be considered fun as well?

Well Toshi has a black instant focus which is pretty unique which is probably his point user.

Sure, but tosh let's you double up on them in a way that not many commanders can. While also encouraging interaction. Every game I've played with him has been tons of fun because of it.

I don't think those were even designed

For the anons who wanted to know how to Daretti stax:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/competitive-daretti-stax/
Swap stuff in and out.
Stay away from possessed portal though, that card sucks.

It never wins easily, that's simply false

It loses easily

It wins only with great luck and only in situations when another commander would've been better

>playing demonic consultation and spoils of the vault in edh

Don't you believe in the heart of the cards, user?

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Surprisingly they work. Often times you only need one card to win. I haven't whiffed yet.

>Build Toshiro, love him
>Over time, it became a "Cabal Coffers is the real general.dec"
>Want to build Toshiro again but feel like no Cabal Coffers will only cripple him to unplayability.

Is this what the whole "power at any cost" black shtick feels like, Veeky Forums?

>never whiffed

So how many times you have you cast them? Either not enough or you're lying

Demonic consultation is fine cuz there's only a small chance you lose the game off it

But spoils of the vault has a near 50% chance to lose you the game instantly, so I can't believe you've cast that more than a couple times

Dragonlord Kolaghan is great in the 99 and would probably be at least pretty good as a commander. the second ability does nothing but giving haste to everything is pretty strong.

So I am slowly turning my Oloro precon into an annoy my friends with minor inconveniences deck. I need more effects like Tsabo's Web tho, so I am looking for suggestions. Currently I run Timesifter, Zur's Weirding, and Sands of Time as well.

You cannot fathom how deep "minor inconveniences" go. You are going down a very dark path user.

>Trade Westvale Abbey for a card I wanted, cause I didn't have any use for it
>Build jund commander with lots of sac fodder
>Realize Abbey would be the shit in that deck
I want my 9/7 flyer back

Kismet
Blind Obedience
Imposing Sovereign

>People who think you use kruphix to cast big creatures and hydras

Zedruu is not a political deck. Zedruu is a trolling deck disguised as a political deck.

Zedruu is love. Zedruu is life.

>Ghave player about to go off with his Blasting Station combo
>cast and pop a cheeky Mindslaver

>playing Oloro

You are already an annoyance by simply being in the game. Talk about how skillful and spicy your deck is if you really want to piss off your friends.

What do you use him for?

Oh hey, my commander.

there is a red black non legendary that does what phage does but better. Phage is useless, bring back braids.

You mean he is the ONLY werewolf commander

That guy that can only attack alone and if he isn't blocked sets the life total to 1?
He's fun to cheat in with Alesha.

Yeah but he's fucking terrible

>not Kahlia

Master of Cruelties

He's the only commander that's a werewolf, but he's a terrible commander for a werewolf deck.

Or her. Depends on your taste, really. I'm a raveyard kinda guy. Buddy of mine tried both decks with proxies and figured after some testing he liked Alesha more and went on to get that deproxed.

But everyone knows Master is coming if he's in the yard.

Yup.

This makes me think its going to be a red creature that eats lands or something. I'm guessing it'd destroy your own lands, and that gives you one big beat stick to hopefully end the game with.

It'll probably be the town's fortifications as a red wall creature that then transforms.

Zedruu decks that don't entirely revolve around casting Zedruu and using her ability immediately are great. Setting yourself up with a nice mana base, some cards that swap control by themselves, and then casting Zedruu just to sit on a ton of card draw and life gain per turn is awesome. Donating good cards also means that people won't target you, and you can run some cards that just instantly screw the game for people in case you want to get evil.

Zedruu was my first commander and will always be my favorite, despite her (?) jankiness and how easily the deck gets screwed if people know to remove her fast.

You know what pisses me off? Two years after Wizards made the Zedruu deck and made popular a fun new way of playing commander, they went ahead and printed this shit right here. Such a boring card. It just turns off entire decks on its own(not just Zedruu but also enemy reanimation and stealing jank) and doesn't cost anything to activate, and it doesn't even sacrifice itself. What a boring boring copout.
Were you ever confronted with this card?

I think I'll have to get myself a few of those, along with some waves of Vitriol. Utility lands that take the game hostage are all too common in my meta.
>Maze of Ith
>Kor Haven
>Homeward Path
>Alchemist's Refuge
>Academy Ruins
>High Market
>Kessig Wolf Run
>Eye of Ugin
Only annoying land I can't think of that it doesn't shut off is Glacial Chasm.

He's the perfect alt-wincon and control commander. You have enough mana and cards in hand(draw) to control 3 players, unless you're up against 3 blue, and even then they have to play very very slow to keep enough mana to stop you. Now and then you attempt a wincon, like helix pinnacle or biovisionary

Will new Emrakul be getting the ban-hammer in EDH? As a commander he seems extremely un-fun to play against, and even as a one in 100 card he seems super abusable and annoying to work around, especially because of that protection from instants and "take opponents turn over upon cast", rather than once it enters the battlefield, so that effect can't even be countered by anything.

She's only average at best. She may steal one turn but she gives a turn back. She's within the same "power card that's not really game winning" as the other 4 legal eldrazi titans. Nowhere near comparable to the old Emrakul, who is easily one of the strongest creatures in the game and a wincon in and of itself.

Oh yeah, I can see that and agree completely. I'm actually inclinded to build a deck around him now, I've always liked the ability but found Eldrazi and Hydras boring.

Looking for advice on two decks, I'll just post them and give them a little info on what I want the decks to be.

First up is a Selvala EDH, that I want to make as competitive as possible in an ideally 4+ player environment. The goal of the deck is pretty much just to drop fatties, and when they get removed, I just use Selvala's ability to draw more and drop more. The ramp gets out of hand fast, but if they choose to remove my Selvala, they have less removal for my fatties, and vice versa. Play test the deck to get a feel for how quick it is, because it feels like an (albeit not as OP) Rofellos deck with access to white. Advice welcomed.

Second is a Reaper King EDH that is pretty much just a nest of infinite combos. The idea of the deck is to create a copy of the Reaper King, and then get infinite mana somehow. With the copy in play, cast Reaper King from the command zone, the copy's ability goes off and I can nuke a permanent, and then due to legend rule I sacrifice the Reaper King back to the command zone, where, with infinite mana, I just cast him again. Repeat as many times as you wish.

Thanks for any card suggestions, and please, if you say I should remove a card, tell me what to replace it with.

Never had to deal with it. I told my friends that tried running cards like these, that solely attempted to counter my deck, that they can go fuck themselves, because it just showed how bad their decks were if cards like this were what they had to rely on to defeat me, rather than their actual decklists themselves.

The card only works against Zedruu (and what, Memnarch??) decks, so they wouldn't ever be running it unless it was against me, and I told them thats the most pussy thing ever and to not do it, so they didn't.

What's the best way to make infinite creature tokens in Esper? I need enough things to sacrifice to Ertai.

You're underestimating how much you can dig through the deck before casting spoils. With necropotence, demonic consultation, tainted pact, and a while lot of other draw, in often casting spoils with less than 40 cards in the library, and about as much life, thanks to exsanguinate and other similar effects.

Idk, the idea of a Mindslaver that is constantly present throughout the entirity of the game past, lets say turn 6, is extremely irritating to me. The card will constantly kill all of your creatures (opponent forces all utility creatures to swing, which gets them killed easy), I lose any removal I have in my hand over and over because why would they cast permanents for me and not just remove the threats that they want removed, and I basically just overall lose control over my own deck.

Its not that the card is especially powerful, its that its just very, very un-fun to play against, and I don't think it'll last long before it makes its way to the ban list.

>having to dig through 60% of your deck before casting a card, and then potentially removing the remaining 39% of it just to grab one card

Bitterblossom, duh

>being this fucking bad
Wew lad. homeward path is a really good card in EDH. it's a blowout against shit like treachery and a handful of generals. I play memnarch and if someone plays homeward path either I strip mine it or take my lumps

Myr turbine and clock of omens can get pretty crazy

Bloodline Keeper+Intruder Alarm

>wins against friends
>friends start running card to counter his tactics
>"waaah stop running that card faggots"

most pathetic post i've seen in an mtg thread w e w

Mindslaver is, in fact, ftw.

I'd advise all of you Mindslaver haters to Git Gud.

If that one card wins you the game, you're fine.

You are a faggot. I run steal fucking everything Sakashima and I tell my friends they need to run Homeward Path if they want to fuck with me. The fact that you are.telling your friends NOT to shows you are worse at Magic than they are.

I had a friend who we let use 2 brothers yamazaki as their general. You had to cast them separately but they dealt commander damage as one general. We were ok with it because the deck was unique and not at all good

Yup. Nothing worse than utility lands. Kor Haven is incredibly abused in my groups meta.

Coffers is a crutch. Move on. Build what you want. If it isn't good, find ways to make it better without succumbing to it.

It was actually printed alongside Zedruu in the original set. Maybe even in the same deck.

I like it a lot because fuck stealing my shit.

God damn japan has cheap edh staples. 50 cents for aura shards

It was in the Riku pack, probably to prevent people from stealing your fatties

Turns out it was. Woops.
I have a Lazav deck with the gimmick of reanimating opponent's creatures. Not noticing an opponent's path did make my super cool Rise of the Dark Realms a bit awkward.