Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Drop It Already Edition
Good morning, Calth! Sub-Edition
In the last bread Titan names were discussed, the requirements for plastic Spartans were mentioned, one user mentioned his times using Angron, new red books are coming out, I pray that ignorant meme spouters get their fingers broken and much more that I have forgotten due to just waking up Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Legion-Devastation-Force
youtube.com/watch?v=rVvJBjhMIw8
redbubble.com/people/littlehorus/works/20574249-devourer-of-worlds?grid_pos=10&p=t-shirt9099
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Given how you take lyrics from Mozart's Requiem for Titan names I say Titans listen to classical music at Titan Daycare.

Still looking for where I can get this to hang on my wall

Shadow Crusade Part Deux when?

Above your bed.
Never.

IT IS DONE. Ave dominus nox. Prepare for terrible images.

HQs+apothecaries

Terminators+tactical support

Heavy support squad+dreads

Veteran squad+terror squads

And finally raptors.

Is volkite and mk 2 armour an established combination? I've seen it more than once

Nice Batmarines. 10/10. Would be midnight clad with.

All weapons and all armor are acceptable combinations.

The reason that particular pair shows up a lot is because they both imply an older marine, most likely a Terran, who's been in service since the early Great Crusade, or possibly even the War of Unification.

very pretty but god damn is armor and artillery going to wreck your mans, I hope your meta is more forgiving then most!

I have got the poster of this on my wall :^)

for a 3k list should i run:

dual spartan + typhon

dual spartan + phosphex thudd guns

spartan + typhon + phosphex thudd guns

i want the theme to be a brutal as fuck armored spearhead/linebreaker/siege breaker

Shit that's a shame I think I had it a long time ago and got rid if it when moving out. I would have sent it to you otherwise.

Care to share where you got it?

Ave Dominus Nox brother!

Now I might be talking shit since I had it a loooong time ago, but THINK I either had it thanks to a WD, or a Gamesday. Again, I'm not sure.

What you can try to do is contacting Warhammer Art. They might do it just for you. It'll cost you quite a lot though, since it'll be more than a simple poster.

Shit, that's what I was afraid of. I might be able to get it from one of those websites that make custom posters and just make sure to get a good frame for it so it doesn't look like ass or get damaged. On the plus side, in my search I managed to come across pic related on a T-shirt which I've ordered on a pleasing navy blue. Nice and simple, something I can wear in public. So I guess it wasn't in vain

That's a big army.

I wish the Exorcists had black shoulders. Then I could straight up run my 30k Word Bearers as them, and they'd still look fluffy.

Anyways, post your headcanon.

>Were the chapter icon different, and the shoulders black, you would mistake him for a Word Bearer.

IIRC they didn't all have the black of the Gal Vorbak, otherwise why would all the 40k WBs be pure red?

At Calth the Word Bearers changed their colors to the red and black of the Serrated Suns chapter.

Please be the right pic.

Rate my Heresy-era, Alpha Legion-aligned Knight House, Veeky Forums?

House Xyrax

Clohvis Xyrax, Disciple-in-Extraordinary, piloting Memoriam Vindicta (Cerastus Knight Acheron)
Dmitrius Xyrax, Disciple-in-Ordinary, piloting Infernum Omnia (Cerastus Knight Lancer)
Helena Xyrax, Disciple-in-Ordinary, piloting Aestus Congnitio (Cerastus Knight Castigator)
Castrius Xyrax, Scion, piloting Terraemotus Incarnadine (Cerastus Knight Atrapos)

1/2

I have a few headcanons that depend on your view point if they're stupid or not.
>Cabal are going to get the 40k equalivant to a Texas wedgie after the Age of Darkness and were Chaos puppets
>Autek was Andrew Jackson in a past life
>the new fluff that is nothing but garbage never happened
>Scoria becomes a high ranking member of the Dark Mechanicus, and Xana 2 is covered in 20% of his self portraits. Half of them are either actual paintings or gears and cogs moving around in his likeness.
>half way during the Siege of Terra it became known as "Operation: Enduring Clusterfrak" as the influence of the Warp started to give a hint at the Traitor Legions' future cooperation and organization skills
>World Eaters started going crazier and were turning on just about everything
>Death Guard was too slow to start picking up the pace
>this was the period when the EC started to turn their depraved intentions towards the civilians
>Word Bearers stopped fighting and started building temples to Chaos
>Lorgar kept on trying to turn Terra into a daemon world but was denied by Big E's influence constantly
>1K Sons were unsupported enough to be effective
>Aloha Legion starting who know what
>this left the SoHs and IWs to start picking up the slack
>NLs finally arrived and got told to start picking up the slack
>tfw
>Horus eventually screamed into their minds to knock off the stupidity and get back to work
>Operation: Enduring Clusterfrak ended and Horus lamented how he was the master of broken monsters again

2/2

Based in the Jordyte Depths, Knight House Xyrax developed in tandem, or rather, in oppisition to, the Knights of House Graith. Both Houses owe their standing in-sector to the aid they have provided over the centuries to the military needs of both the Jorditian Confederation Commercial and Chyronaea Forge. By enmeshing themselves militarily and politically in both camps, Graith and Xyrax saw a plethora of benefits. In the case of the former, House Graith rose to a position of great wealth, with riches heaped upon them by the grateful Spacing and Mining Lords of the Confederation Commercial. Over the centuries, they gradually involved themselves in not only the courtly affairs and belligerent sallies of a Knightly House, but merchant trading, shipping, and mining venture, making the House a fearsome commercial entity in its own right. There are whispers of instances where the Baron of Graith turned a blind eye on and a deaf ear to pleas for aid from mining settlements in the belts that found themselves set upon by raiders only to further the merchant interests of his own house. Conversely, House Xyrax was privy to the very best equipment Chyronaea Forge could provide; allowing it to field, despite its comparatively small size, some of the best and rarest engine-patterns during its own sallies. In doing, Xyrax developed upon a different path to Graith, becoming more akin to what would be recognizable to Imperial citizens as Mechanicum disciples than an old Knight House. This is reflected in the titles the members of Xyrax themselves bear. Opposing the Baron of House Graith stands the Disciple-in-Extraordinary of Xyrax, or Dex Xyraxi. Despite the formidable combat record it has always held, Xyrax has perennially played second-fiddle to the more politically powerful and engine-numerous House Graith, who have on many an occasion used their sheer commercial weight to purchase engines and equipment from under the noses of Xyrax.

I want to know how they became AL allies.

>Alpharius is the traitor of the 2, being found by Horus like the well known story of hil making his wayto his command bridge with his tiny ass fleet. He's the one that crashed on an empty planet before killing pirates and stealing their ships.
>Omegon is the loyalist one, the one that defended a planet against a worm like species, got abducted and tortured before being found by Empy. He kept Omegon close to him to repair the toll torture and mind control had taken ipon the Primarch, as well as teachin him to become his Spec Ops guy. Hence Omegon staying loyalist and sometimes helping Loyalists while making it look like he's a traitor. Double agent basically.

Just using the FW fluff and choosing the interpretation that seems the more logical.

After compliance, the sector’s military spent the better part of a century of void warfare and void-structure clearance warfare ‘managing’ the issue of xenos and raider enclaves within the numerous asteroid belts and fields of the depths internally, until intervention by the 5th Harrow of the Alpha Legion, who were able to rapidly prosecute both known and previously unknown holdouts within the fields, including a remarkably belligerent hrud infestation and numerous eldar raider bases. Within a year of their arrival in 986.M30, the XX Legion, under the command of Consul Shale Xorn, had affected total compliance of the belts and fields of the Jordyte Depths. During this time, House Xyrax, still suffering a slow wane of their status in-sector thanks to their relative failure as participants in the century-long extermination, eagerly seconded themselves to the command of the XX Legion, with the third Dex Xyraxi in less an the 100 years seeing it as a chance to redeem his House's reputation. The Legion, for it's part, readily deployed House Xyrax where it could. The serpent worked it's way into Xyrax's largely Mechanicum-infused iconography, not at the best of Legion but rather due to the eagerness of the Dex.

At the outbreak of the Heresy, the current Dex, Clohvis Xyrax, is newly-arisen to his seat, and painfully aware of the expectations his ancestor's failures, the expectations of his siblings, and the ever-rising star of House Graith. When the Alpha Legion returns to the Depths, it finds itself with an eager ally who does not ask questions.

I am surprised by the lack of AL infiltration and sleeper agents. Not bad at all, user. 10/10. What happened to the other House?

> in my search I managed to come across pic related on a T-shirt

Source, battle-brother?

A really, really big Harrowing.

And thanks! I kind of wanted this to be outright emotional manipulation, of the XX taking advantage at the right time, rather than the usual sparatoi shenanigans. Not to say, however, that there aren't agents sewn amongst Xyrax's sacristans.

I'm giving you bonus points for this being not completely AL agents, user. Sounds better than the fluff for my Knight Houses.
>A really, really big Harrowing
Just how big we talking about here?

Red hunters are loyalist word bearers who changed their name in the second founding with the help of the inquisition.

Luring the majority of House Graith onto an asteroid, killing most of them in an ambush, then blowing up the asteroid by throwing another asteroid at it.

>Using the power of the stone
These ALs were smart. What is the final fate of House Xyrax?

I find it amusing that you can run an army of baby's first destroyers using Outlander Blackshields' maruaders. Give 'em an extra bolt pistol and rad grenades to the Sergeant and they can act like a lite version of destroyers. Worse in just about every way, save max numbers, but still a fun idea.

I wouldn't complain. Go for it; I love the idea of building armies which can be used in both games.

Omegon was in constant communication with the Emperor and disappeared after the alpha legion civil war, sending his loyalist AL into hiding across the galaxy in small cells. They currently help the Imperium and are only known to a very small cabal of Inquisitors. The rest of the AL are legit chaos although that was part of the plan.

At the Emperors request he helped malcador create the grey Knights using his plethora of stolen technology and the gene seed codex that the AL stole from the Ravens guard (which Omegon stole specifically to keep out of the hands of Horus)

He became Janus, the first grand master and in true AL fashion, removed himself from the GK and gave them the belief that they never had a primarch. He is currently buried on Titan in stasis and will be awoken if the Terminus Decree is used, which is when the master stroke of the ALs plan will go into motion.

Consider magnetising the pauldrons.

They [REDACTED] with [REDACTED] at the [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] until the final [REDACTED] to [REDACTED] with [REDACTED] ultimately leading to [REDACTED] and the [REDACTED]

In all seriousness, no idea. I'm an XX player so I don't deal in endings well since the history of the AL is so goddamn opaque. Part of the fun, really.

It's all...parta the plan.

>In all seriousness, no idea. I'm an XX player so I don't deal in endings well since the history of the AL is so goddamn opaque. Part of the fun, really.
I didn't imagine it like that, user.

Are you disappoint, user?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Legion-Devastation-Force

By my calculations this saves me about 30$ and a poster.

The real question is is it worth it for starting up a 30k army?

Love you, Night-man.

You are an inspiration.

Bat Marines somehow rule this general it seems.

Please dont skin me.

No. Not really. A little mystery can go a long way with me.

Now I just need a colour scheme.

Fuuuuk.

I feel poor now.

No idea man, but three boxes is 15 termies, three eggs and ..90 boots.

Hooi.

Thats a load of guys.

Which Legion do you aim for?

An interview with an Alpha Legion Serf
youtube.com/watch?v=rVvJBjhMIw8

>After you have placed your order please contact the Forge World Customer Service Team with your order number and your choice of Legion from: Alpha Legion, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, Night Lords, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Sons of Horus, Ultramarines, Word Bearers, World Eaters.
>Every legion with full rules can be a poster
>Except IW
This is not how you make up for Dorn not having a model.

>>Every legion with full rules can be a poster
>>Except IW
Decimation for you! Decimation for your cow!

I'm thinking Word Bearers. I'll probably give one of the boxes to my friend who's interested as a gift.

It basically looks like the IW pillaged a garbage dump and clad themselves in filthy shit.

Thats nice of you.

I am a bit sad its all MKIV...doesnt fit the IH I want...

Really, the only thing stopping me.

Am I the only one who actually *likes* the IW contemptor? I think it actually looks really cool, and it fits their aesthetic.

The upgrade sprue is a bit nonsensical I'll agree, but it's not that objectively awful looking if you ignore the fact that it has nothing to do with IW.

Most people hate the giant star and the offset belt buckle of the chest pieces.

On the subject of the contemptor, I think people would hate it less if it had a different head, the current one just looks daft

I like it.

Maybe its some merican gun tribe lone star (muh texas) stuff, MKII also points there.

On the dread, I think it just looks to...haphazard? The bolted on pieces don't really speak 'Legion' to me. The aesthetic of the DG is much more on point.

The DG dread us a regular egg with mk2 helmet with minimal legion iconography.
Love it though.

>I think it just looks to...haphazard? The bolted on pieces don't really speak 'Legion' to me.

I think thats the point, a dread with wonky field repairs thats ready to go into the meatgrinder again. They werent called the Corpse Grinders for nothing, anyone is expendable.

Yeah that was the DG's whole thing, they weren't big on all the medals and glorification, they preferred to let the armours battle damage do the talking

user that posted that here, I got it from a WD when they first announced the Horus heresy minis

what RoW do people usually run WB With?

Last of the serrated suns is actually pretty good if you don't use it to take Gal Vorbak

Given how they're basically left on their own to procure whatever reinforcements and spare parts they can get on their own, does this mean the IW are the hobo legion?
Yes you are, this guy is a lie.
I mean, sure, the skull face is cringy, but it doesn't help that doesn't look Sheated in Steel, but in random Garbage.

What do have in mind so far?

I was not lying, jzst thinking aloud.

It was on redbubble.the guy wearing it looks like a total fag, but what do you exist with these things?

redbubble.com/people/littlehorus/works/20574249-devourer-of-worlds?grid_pos=10&p=t-shirt9099

imo, it's far more than you'll ever need and the savings are tiny in comparison to the cost. I don't see myself using more than 1.5 Calth boxes for a single army.

This is really well thought out.

I want to build a IF army based around The Stone Gauntlet with warders protecting my shooters.

What would Veeky Forums recommend for a HQ and support?

As I mentioned last time I have sigismund, a dreadnought, a land raider phobos, and a vindicator.

Thanks user!

Pollux is a better choice than Sigismund for Stone Gauntlet, I think

You can't DS with The Stone Gauntlet.

Everything is explained!

What does Pollux do better? I have the rulebook but I don't understand the buffs yet.

DS meaning deep strike?

Squanchy lookin' squanches you got there, user. However, I do have one question: where's the primack?

Yes

I actually like that Contemptor, but these chest plates looks like out of cartoon for children.

Did anyone ever find out if that RoW actually works? Because RAW it cannot be fielded because all units that cannot deep strike must buy a drop pod which is an immobile unit but the army cannot include any immobile units.

Drop pods are not immobile. When they arrive they become immobilized, but they don't start out so.

I'm planning on making a Blackshields army, but I'm having trouble deciding which flavor to go with.
The only Wrought by War that does appeal to me is the Death Seekers option.

Option 1 Chymeriea seems like the most solid option. A flat, free boost to S and T in exchange for a lowered Init seems like a good trade.

Orphans of War used to be my favorite Wrought by War choice, but that requires keeping units grouped into twos or more to get their rule. While the rerolls to hit are nice, it would be harder to have units go off and do their own thing: they'd get no benefits at all.

So that leaves Outlanders. The rad grenades are a nice option, and getting some deepstriking units can be useful, but losing half the army means you basically lose the game. That's just nasty.
On the other hand, The Nemean Reaver is a great HQ. On the other other hand, the deathlock looks pretty worthless to me. Taking enough to be a threat to an enemy unit would make them more dangerous to firing unit.

Thematically I like all three of those options. "Enhanced" astartes pirates going off doing their own thing, mercenaries using xeno technology, or a cadre of dedicated soldiers just trying to get by.

I just don't now what to to.

I've heard a bit about the tactics Option1 chymeriae can use, but haven't heard much about Outlanders or Orphans. Does anyone have experience using either of these types of Blackshields?

I'd prefer to make heavy use of marauders.

What are some recommended low cost Hqs to run for low point games where you need to max out the points you have to get stuff on the board.
im trialling out a seige breaker on a jetbike with meltabombs at the moment.
anyone had success with anything else?

You are like little child

Chaplains and Delegatus (Delegatii?)

DG dread makes a half decent IW dread with a little tweaking

I still don't understand why FW/GW doesn't just sell a whole bunch of legion/race shirts, they would sell a ton of them

this is the design of 2 shirts that they sold at iirc some event, looks amazing I'd gladly shell out money for this

I want IW, SoH and TS.

Yeah, I'd have to buy AL, EC, and WB.

In the right sidebar it says "once it has deployed." Between that and common fucking sense, it's not immobile prior to the game.

But it has the Immobile rule. Last of the Serrated Sun says it cannot include models that are Immobile. It's pretty clear.