Warhammer 40k General

I can't think of an edition: edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Say what you will about the Wraithknight, but the model looks gorgeous in person.

>retarded stick legs

Because you're not doing it during deployment, the only restriction is that the unit is within 3".

I've never seen a wraithknight because its always invisible

There are people in this thread right now that game at their LGS without ever buying anything.

I know right? Fucking jews.

>get rekt in 750 pt match by a wraithknight with invis last week
>fight him yesterday with a culexus assassin as my ally
>he concedes on my first turn when i kill his psyker with 6 shot from my assassins psyker gun thing

he still had his wraithknight and i didnt have a single MC or GC in my army, are all waacfags this much of a pussy?

This kills me the most.

I play at home with a small circle of friends and get about 30% of my shit online but I'm more than willing to go up the road and buy my paints and most of my kits from the local shops that sell this kind of thing (not necessarily GW shit but terrain and airbrush stuff and sundries).

>are all waacfags this much of a pussy?
yes
>playing 2 faggot WKs
>drop 30 combi gravs on them turn 1
>kill them both
>guy refuses to play me again
nothing was lost

>I'm more than willing to go up the road
>tfw live 45 minutes away from store

I play in a GW who sells everything at full price but I found a store two roads down that sells exactly the same stuff at a flat 20% discount on everything.

I still play at the GW but I buy from the other store exclusively, what do you think I should do?

>Wraithknight with invis in a 750pts match
Who the fuck would do that

Eldrad, and probably Vect.

Either way GW gets their jewbux and playing at a store is really up to personal taste, so I say keep trucking.

GW makes a profit, but the GW store user plays at may not. If the store itself doesn't sell enough, it'll get shut down. It doesn't effect GW but it effects your local manager.

>1 guy loses a job and a shitty business model is discouraged that ultimately benefits the people who play the game.

Fair trade off.

>GW stores are different

GW stores are also inspected twice a month by supervisors, if the store doesnt meet certain sales goals the manager is fired or the store is closed

I beat a horribly netlisted daemon flying circus, belakor and invis spam list with pre-new codex Necrons a while back largely because the guy had no ground prescence and refused to land to try melee. After I cleared the troops and KoS, he had nothing to work with but psychic shrieks and whips, neither of which did enough against Necron durability to give him any chance of winning.

And I mean again, dude coulda done a ton better if he'd just landed and charged. Pre-7th dex Necrons folded like wet cardboard against melee.

Guy stonewalled me after.

Not really an issue though, yeah. Dude's a dick. I see him playing a Wraith and Scatbike list nowadays against people.

He also, during my first movement phase, did the following:

I generate three scarab bases.

I start moving things, and he silently comes around to my side of the table, measures how far forward my scarabs are, and starts moving them back.

I ask him what the hell he's doing, he says they were deployed too far forwards.

I point out he saw me do the scarab generation roll.

He tries to awkwardly stand his ground without saying anything, then slinks off back to his side.

I don't know about you user, but my local GW manager is a great guy that does a shit tonne for the hobby not just in GW but in the state. The number of times I've seen him sit down with people to help them and then they've gone "lol, I'll just buy my shit elsewhere. Eat shit GWcucks". I'm ok with paying a little bit more occassionally.

So what codex FAQ do we get today?

I buy at my local GW and sometimes at a few other game shops if I can stomach the drive to the otherside of the city which is a few hours or so.

of course, superior eldar space tech.

How the fuck does this guy live when his only psyker fails to roll Invisibility?

You are also doing Emperor's work user. Culexus best assassin.

>a store you could play in closes down
>this benefits the people who play the game
What the fuck are you on about?

>How the fuck does this guy live when his only psyker fails to roll Invisibility?

he succeeded in his invis, but for some reason decided to move within 12" trying to kill my pathfinders, then got assmad when i said he just lost invisibility

Your still buying from GW, one way or another. You'd barely graze them, their business model wouldn't change. If anything, they'd raise prices.

If more stores close down GW will quickly abandon them and they can use that money for development or even reduce the prices of the models.

The current structure has every model purchase paying for brick and mortar stores, with the ones bought in shop helping that store more obviously. This system is gay.

Well yeah, but I mean, he only gets three rolls on the table, generating a specific power is hardly a sure thing. Does he just auto-concede if he doesn't roll the power he wants or something?

Were you the guy asking about rolling Culexus with a Tau army to counter cheese a couple days ago?

Reposting the Dark Eldar and Eldar formation from the Start Collecting.

i feel like invisibility is overrated, but then my experience with invisibility last game was hilarious.

>lv3 grey knight libby warlord kills himself by turn 2 to give his unit invis
>i just ignore the unit all game and it doesn't do more then shoot dead a few pink horrors

why is this picture so bad

he gets 3+D6, the D6 is from winds of the warp

yes

It starts to become bullshit when cast by cheap (Farseer) psykers with rerolls (Eldar, Tzeentch) on units that were already powerful/durable (Centurions, DP, WK).

Should I Deep Strike my Land Speeders?

Absolutely yes if given dual meltas.
Double yes if flamer because you will at least get to shoot it before you have to jink to avoid the death that comes anyway because you are AV10 HP2 open-topped.

Single melta speeders are cheap enough that you can afford to jet them around the table for mindgames but they also can benefit from deep strike.

"Hey Bob, your job today is to leak this rules on the internet, to keep the hype alive"
"Ok boss"
"Remember to make it look like it's some kind of leak from some insider, and not like the marketing thing that it is. Make some barely visible photo. Some bad filter too. Even some B/W. I want them to look very... amateuristic"
"Ehm, we all have high quality cameras on our cellphone nowada..."
"I'm not interested in your later purchases, Bob. Get back to work"

>assumptions
At the end of the day, fewer locations for people to play is only going to be bad for the hobby. Are you in the USA? Do remember a lot of countries don't have a big LGS scene like the US does, often it's a GW, a friend's house, or nowhere.

Are there any other worthwhile Psyker formations? I love Psykers and I'm thinking of doing Black Legion if I ever do CSM.

*for any faction

The same, I think. Pay where you play. while you do not need to buy everything there, you should spend a significant portion of your hobby money at the store you play at. Think of it as something like a tip for a restaurant. The store does provide you with hobby stuff (terrain etc.) after all.

>Tzeentch
>Rerolls
I fucking wish.

Allied Titan with Death of Kasyr Lutien is just sick when backing up a Warpflame Host.

> touching others' models w/o their permission
> casually moving back stuff w/o saying a word
> netlisting

Poor autistic bastard. The wordlessness convinced me he wasn't just some audacious faggot, but altogether, fucking learn some communication & common courtesy.

Orks will be last, & get nerfed harder. Seeing stuff like Green Tide removed & the high price on the Wazbom Blastajet (all the while yukking it up about "lol Ork shooting" & still charging more points than a superior SM equivalent) has convinced me that GW isn't just clueless about the army, but guilty of actively sabotaging it. It's like they made shitty jokes so consistently that they started to believe them, resulting in worse units for higher prices.

If they changed Mob Rule to d3 S3 hits to auto-pass & dropped prices all over & fixed the mega-formation to be not garbage, I'd give a fuck. Until they grow up & take that kind of responsibility, I can't bring myself to care.

if you got double multimelta and wanna kill a tank? sure. as i recall they're cheap and you loyalists can afford a throwaway unit

well, i do admit to holding back when i'm doing powers/gifts with my daemons

i don't think landspeeders are open topped because it has marines in armour

Space Marine Librarius Conclave is probably the best formation of psykers there is.

>Fateweaver
>Paradox
Your shenanigans are there.

Sup, guys.
I've never played 40k and feel totally clueless as far as the hobby goes, but I would really like to try it out. Any tips for me? Should I go down to my shop and ask for maybe a demo game or a newbie paint kit? etc

I wanna play Orks. Good/bad idea? I really just want to be able to play a shitty game with my plastic army men that I painted

Ya, despite being a chapter full of Psykers, GK Psykers are "subpar" by comparison to other factions.

At least when not using Santic

>Conclave gets to generate on a 2+
>Tiggy and Eldar can reroll failed dice.

Fireprism has twinlinked when its target can be seen by the farseer

All units of this detachment have preferred enemy against a single unit, the archon chose and can see. the enemy unit can be changed each turn.

De one is rather solid. TL for a fireprism aint so bad either but not the usual eldar-tier.

Depends on the situation. But it's not a bad idea.

most shops will give you a small demo of the game and some also do a quick painting tutorial with 1 model

start with the start collecting boxes of whatever you want, just be mindful that orks are pretty weak in the current game, but if you are painting and playing for fun then thats not an issue

My GW manager is kind of a dick, I kinda dislike him. He's not very good at acting professional outside short bursts and while he can be pretty chummy he can be very childish.

He's very moody, almost any inconvenience can piss him off and when he's angry he lets everyone know about it by stomping around the store huffing and puffing the whole time.
He tends to forget regulars are customers and doesn't pay people the proper respect but demands the uttermost respect for himself and the company from us. Once he shouted at someone who disagreed with him and most egregiously starting shit-talking regulars he didn't like behind their backs, even during his tamer moments he's always talking about 'that guys', but if you even suggest there is anything wrong with GW, any of it's products or even mentions the forbidden Ebay he very seriously and aggressively threatens to kick you out the store.

His shit would never fly in anything but a one man store.

to top it off he tried to cast vortex of doom on my exalted flamers with pink horror squad only to fail the cast then die to perils. it was amazing, for me anyway

My country doesn't believe in tipping.

Orks are fun, but wont hold up in serious games.

Though you did say you want to paint and play shitty games, so it seems like a decent choice. I believe there's a whole new starter box coming out soon that includes orks, marines, and rules/dice/templates. Depending on how long the wait is, it may be your best bet for getting into the hobby easily.

just stop buying from him then, the reason people support stores if because its a place you can just chill out and play some games at

my manager is the opposite, always polite and friendly and will pretty much always keep the store running after hours if people are around for games, he's a little pissed off at GW right now because:

Was manager for 2 years
Left to be a teacher for 6 months
Hated teaching at secondary school, the new manager was fired so he came back
got put on probation even though he was a manager before
about 6 months into his probation they moved the goal posts he was supposed to be hitting, told him to fire one of the relief staff because of it and then said he wasn't meeting the new requirements, the sale quota was raised by 15% or something

if he gets fired because of that then i probably wont support the store anymore

Are Dreadnoughts still decently point-efficient? Thinking about running some Multi-Melta melee Dreads in my footslog assault army.

>still
They never really were. Base 4 attacks is decent but they still suffer the handicap of being walkers.

That said, there are worse ways to use them than stock melta. Have you considered drop pods? Melta dreads make good use of them. I say this because some people still use pods in their ostensibly footslogging armies because of forced disembarkation and so on.

The IG Psyker formation is objectively better in terms of bonuses to the units within it. Only thing Conclave has on it is access to the new cheddar powers.

I like my GW-store manager too. Usually friendly, lets me try out stuff like paints before I buy them. Open to suggestions like we really could do with another wood for this board.
Does some special events, like an apocalypse game every now and then.

Can't named greater daemons not buy upgrades?

mine doesnt go as far as letting me try paints but thats not really an issue

he did however overlook the fact that I was using pirated rules and codexes on my phone and told me about the DV core rule book when i complained about not wanting to buy the £50 800 page one, so I returned the favour and bought my codex, dice and supplement from him

I said, think of it like that as a metaphor. Using store resources without using the store for its purpose (sell you stuff) is kinda dick tier.

This is true, but Conclave can also ride bikes, have jump packs or be terminators, as well as hide in units. Cheese power access is only the icing on the cake of a versatile formation with great bonuses and access to every BRB power in the game.

You are right about the IG formation bonuses being better, though. Come to think of it, can't they roll on Malefic? It fucks the fluff, but pseudo-ignore perils and harness on a 2+ would make those cheap units excellent summoning material.

My store manager doesn't just let me try colors.
I'm new to the hobby and don't have all colors yet, so he just lets me use the store's paints for my models when I go there to paint.
He's BAE

Psykana Division is perfect for summoning because of these reasons. They can technically summon a tonne of greater daemons without a squad wipe.

>he gets 3+D6
What?
He gets 3 rolls on the table no more.

>They can technically summon a tonne of greater daemons without a squad wipe.
No, they can't.

Define "serious" games? Like competitive, or what? I'm only really interested in playing campaign style game

They can't, but that's why your ML3 Herald takes Paradox.

>summon a tonne of greater daemons without a squad wipe
How do they do this? I thought the ruling was that Brotherhood of Psykers summoning in such a way instagibbed the whole unit?

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong. I was just going off what I was told that you only lose one Psyker to summon the Demon.

LoL. Im adding 3 of these too my lists.

Too bad Tzeentch Heralds can't take Invisibility, rendering the point moot.

>if the Psyker was part of a unit with the Brotherhood of Psykers/Sorcerers special rule, remove the entire unit as casualties)

Sadly untrue, else Horror squads would be even more insane than they already are.

>Knight Errand has better initiative than Ork Boyz
Melee army

I'll consider it. Would make for some cool visuals too, having an army of angry super humans run at you with chainswords in hand as big robots drop from the sky behind you.

>buy everything from ebay or china
>go to gw a few times a month to game with bros
>i dont give a shit about the store, we could just as easily play at somebodys house anyway
>manager is an annoying manlet
>he asks me why i never buy models but always come in with new shit
>'because i buy them on ebay for like 60% off'
>he gets visibly upset but cant say anything because hes just some sloppy manlet
>i continue 'id buy from you if your prices were lower than ebay..'
>my friends are cracking up because they know i hate GW for fucking over fantasy and couldnt care less about gaming there, since its the same distance to my friends house anyway. we just go there for the table
>manlets face is completely red, he wants to fight but knows he'd get rekt.
>he says 'you guys know that a lot of GWs are banning FW? ive been t-thinking about doing it too' (we have a lot of FW models)
>i say 'oh, thats cool. all of our FW is from china anyway'
>he makes a weird voice cracking screech and runs off in tears
we still go there like twice a month. he doesnt talk to me anymore. kek

If you must, take it in a generic LoC, but in any case it need not be used solely for Invis. Malefic is good too for Cursed Earth Screamerstar shenanigans or just summoning more WC machines/distraction greater daemons when he's about to bite it.

Folks, do the salamanders get an attack bonus with flamers, or do they only get (if im not mistaken?) the feel no pain when fired upon with flamers?

Can you only use the free dice to cast this, or is it the free dice + whatever you want to dedicate from your pool?

They reroll to wound/penetrate with flamers, and also get the fnp 4+ against flames.

Hiding in units doesn't really work for a proper Conclave as the reason you are taking it requires the Psykers to be close together. Losing more Wrydvanes because of clumping isn't nearly as painful as losing a bunch of marines because your bubblewrap squads needed to be smushed together. Also correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't using the "By your powers combined I am captain psyker" ability mean the individual psykers can't do their own shit in the Conclave?

Not saying it's bad, it's the cheapest way of squeezing in a couple Psykers in any Imperial list.

It's free dice for that power only, plus whatever you want to chuck in from your pool.

>Lord of Change
>access to Telepathy
Shit, nigga, have you ever even seen Daemons played? You don't seem to know jack.
Did you read their Chapter Tactics? Did you read their detachment benefits in Angels of Death? What exactly are you confused about?

They can all hide in the same unit if need be. It's a pretty generous 12" bubble from the leader and being ICs their LoS passes on 2+, they give no fucks. It's also true that only the leader can cast, and to be fair the FAQ gave the formation a rather substantial nerf by limiting number of powers cast to the caster's ML, but I suppose you could spin it that Marines are about quality (and variety) of powers rather than quality.

Psychic phase
"at the beginning of each psychic phase the player whos turn it is rolls a D6, each player takes dice equal to the value rolled"

"each player then adds dice equal the the combined mastery level of all psyker units they have on the tabletop, these dice are added to the warp charge pool"

dunno where you are getting 3 dice only from unless invisibility only lets you roll 3 dice total, i'm not that clued into the psychic phase what with not have any psykers in my army

Wait, wat? Please spoon feed this retarded daemon player, do my pinks always die if I summon with them?

Seems to be some confusion, I'm talking about his chances of getting invisibility, he rolls 3 times on the powers table, so its no guarantee he has invisibility during the game.

No one in their right mind is gonna let you do that, hell even retail stores that sell nail polish would frown at that silly idea.

if they summon a greater daemon it kills the squad, if they summon a herald 1 member of the squad dies.

Greater daemon yes, herald no.

For Possession. Try to keep up.
They're talking about how many rolls he gets for generating powers. Try to keep up.

You're right, I'm actually fucking retarded.
I blame that it's been years since I've seen/used LoC that wasn't Fateweaver

There are people in this thread right now who don't have an LGS.

I would buy from them if I had one.

ah i see now, my bad

I havnt seen him play anyone else yet so i dont know if he quits if he doesnt get invis, but he probably quit because:

He had invis and lost it out of his own stupidity
He lost his psyker without any damage done, so he lost a huge unit to support his WK
His 50% army investment into the WK didnt deal any damage on his first turn and was about to be lit up by 2 missilesides with seekermissiles
Unless he sacrifices his WK to dealing no large damage for another turn, the culexus now had free reign on fucking all of his scatter bikes up in the backline with no real threat of being taken out

I dont think he would quit if he didnt get invis on his turns, but i assume he just thought it wasnt worth his time to play instead of going out fighting

How many scat bikes? 10 should be able to table most 750 pt opponents...

I give mine a Mutating Warpblade, and 2 greaters then assault people

Aren't Eldar FUN?

he had 12 scatter bikes, he literally bought WK and farseer, then filled the board with as many scatter bikes as he had points left

Warpflame host

Strike him down.