What's this guy's CR? Who wins vs tarrasque?

What's this guy's CR? Who wins vs tarrasque?

Lets talk about MTG CRs and powerlevels in a PnP game. I don't think personally I'd actually have fun playing an mtg setting, but I'm still curious.

Definitely 20+ for 3.pf

Tarrasque loses.
Fucking think about it.

It's just going to be an endless battle. Tarrasque cannot be killed, ever. Except for wishing it dead and burying it's heart and brain across 2 seperate sides of a continent.

Whereas this guy cannot die either.

The continent where they fight I would just avoid by a HUUUGE margin.

>My mythical apex predator is better than your mythical apex predator

"Protection from everything," is one of my favorite lines of MtG rules text. Up there with "Cowards can't block Warriors."

Pretty much. Big green/red fatty with unconditional "When this creature would die, regenerate it" vs "Protection from all colors" makes the fight basically unwinnable for either, unless someone gives Progenitus Wither or Infect somehow or someone drops Final Judgment to remove them both from existence.

Neither of them can fulfill the death conditions of the other. Progenitus will probably toss the Tarrasque around rather more often than the Tarrassque tears a chunk out of Progenitus, but I'm not sure how much that matters since it'll just get back up and charge back in.

It'd be a hell of a good show to watch, for sure.

"Protection from all colors" is one of those things I've always been curious about, but too lazy to look up.

Does colorless count as a color for the purpose of "Protection from all Colors" or can colorless artifact creatures still deck it in the snoze?

Colorless does not count as a color, but Projenitus doesn't have protection from all colors (that's Etched Champion). Projenitus has protection from everything. Which means everything.

I knew that it had protection from everything, it's just that the whole "Protection from all colors" thing isn't one I've had much experience with, so I figured I'd go ahead and ask since someone mentioned it.

remember me senpai?

What about sorin? STAT HIM

Amber Diceless.

Literally the only PnP game with the powerlevels to accommodate even Oldwalkers.

Except artifacts.

Artifacts creatures are colorless.

And Eldrazi. She is an angel after all...

>10+ edge skills

what is that?

MTG Players are supposed to be oldwalkers right? Oldwalkers are basically immortal energy projections of their own will.

Considering only a a of the strongest spells of oldwalkers can actually deal with progenitus, i would say Progentius > Tarrasque.

But that includes a lot of assumptions and maybes

Can someone explain: Old Walkers better?

Oldwalkers, short for old planeswalkers, were basically very high level wizards or mid-level dieties. Immortal, able to drop ludicrous spells down to kill entire armies at once, create entire planes ex nihilo and to their whims (Unstable ones, but still). At least one oldwalker was so powerful that he considered reducing his body to atoms and rebuilding it facing the other way to be easier than turning around.
Then WotC made an event called the Mending to hit planeswalkers with a moon-sized nerf bat to reduce them to a level that could be reasonably played in the card game, IE, mid-high level 3.5e wizards.

Old walkers were also non-physical beings.

Their "body" was just a projection of their consciousness.

>tears a chunk out of Progenitus
P R O T E C T I O N

This is a lot like the Superman V Doomsday fight. Both are immensely powerful things that cannot be hurt, outside of specific circumstances, and cannot be killed by brute force.

So, the question is not which one would/could kill the other, but which one would tire first.

My bet is that the tarrasque, being, for all intents and purposes, a mortal, would eventually tire. Progenitus, on the other hand, is a god made physical. A tarrasque is more often than not sleeping, so it can be assumed that, for titanic beasts of that scale, it does not have the best stamina.

>and cannot be killed by brute force.
If brute force isn't working, you're not using enough of it.

Wouldn't a wrath effect be the only thing that takes our progentius? As Its a flat destroy so not dealing damage, and its fieldwide so not targeted?

Progenitus can be wrathed, yep. Or you can force his controller to sacrifice a creature once there are no other chumps on his board, or affected by non-targeted "Creatures are -X/-X this turn" effects that cut his toughness to 0, or, say "Destroy/Exile all attacking creatures", etc. As long as it's not enchanting, targeting, or doing damage, it works.

why does it feel like core-sets were allowed more freedom with their cards.

I really miss them.

Who wins in a fight?

By themselves they are both indestructible and neither could beat each other.

It would just end up a draw.

Konda "wins" until the ooze gets to 9/9 or higher, but it doesn't really matter unless the ooze gets Rancor or something slapped on it to give it trample.

Much, much higher than the tarrasque. The tarrasque is not a particularly powerful monster in D&D, no moreso than your average balor and less so than a great wyrm dragon.

Would you rather fight a gibbering orb or a tarrasque?

Mycosynth lattice then herkyules recall. If you can get herkules on a panoptic mirror...

Canonical Examples of Oldwalkers?
I assume Urza was one, can't think of any others.

there are plenty? Most of the current walkers were old walkers before the mending

Sorin
Nahiri ( recent mtg fluff goes on a bit about her oldwalker status)
Ugin
Bolas
Lilliana (The loss of power, and immortality is why she made so many deals with demons.)

Serra
Freyalise
jaya.

There are plenty

Any planeswalker character introduced before Lorwyn block was an oldwalker by default. Some of the planeswalkers introduced afterwards were formerly oldwalkers.
All former oldwalkers no longer are oldwalkers, due to the mending.
Known oldwalkers are Urza, Jaya Ballard, Jeska, Teferi, Freyalise, Nicol Bolas, Serra, Feroz, Tevesh Szat, Grandmother Sengir (who went crazy and forgot she was a planeswalker), Dyfed, Commodore Guff, Bo Levar, Daria, Kristina, Windgrace, Taysir, and Karn. Sorin, Liliana, Ugin, Ob Nixilis, and Nahiri were introduced post-Mending, but were formerly oldwalkers regardless

I wouldn't say most, just a handful compared to the much greater number of neowalkers.

Jaya Ballard? I thought all the flavor text quotes called her a 'task mage'
Taysir wasn't mtg comics exclusive? The 5 color guy from Arabian Nights, right?

She was a task mage, yes. Then her spark ignited, and she decided to keep being a mercenary mage because it's fun and she can keep burning shit and getting paid for it, so kept the title.
The card in Time Spiral is, like most the legendaries in that set, her from the past - specifically, from before her spark ignited. And even then, it's very similar to how planeswalkers turned out.

Bump

Unless they have colours in their CMC e.g. Alara.

MaRo was not involved with Core Sets so they didn't have to deal with his color-pie neurosis.

He got triggered so bad that now we don't have Core Sets anymore.