SMT Devil Summoner - Task Force 666 Interlude 3

>Previous Thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/45240354/
>General Pastebin: pastebin.com/u/TaskForceKaz
>Twitter: twitter.com/TaskForceKaz

The year is 1875. Ten years have passed since the end of the American Civil War and the beginning of Reconstruction for the country. Yet some wounds are slow to heal, with resentment and anger simmering among the disenfranchised and weary. In these tumultuous and uncertain times, it is hard to say how one’s future shall play out.

The Western Frontier offers new beginnings and opportunities for those seeking second chances, but it is a harsh and unforgiving mistress. Just as she gives, the frontier takes away, uncaring and indifferent to the lamentations of those left behind. Bandits, cattle rustlers, coyotes and other malcontents of supernatural origin prey upon those unable to defend themselves. In this lawless land, it’s a world of strength where might (and a good shooting arm) ultimately makes right.

You are Annette Turner,a twenty-five year old rancher that was until recently, living an otherwise normal American life with your family. But the life you knew was cruelly torn away from you when a demon of fire killed your husband and daughter in a steamboat explosion, leaving you confused, distraught, and a chip on your shoulder as heavy as the world itself.

After burying them, you made the fateful choice to cut ties with the remainder of your family and travel with Jonathan O’Donnell, American gunslinger and leader of the Devil Busters. It is though his power and tutelage that you hope to amass enough power to slay the monster that killed your loved ones.

But how far will you go to get the justice that they deserve?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47611943/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[???]

“With this final tribute, we now have enough magnetite to present to the Master. Doubtless, he will be most pleased with our endeavors thus far.”

“Perhaps. But I am not pleased with the quality. Had we more time, we could have doubtless extracted a more refined product. And the subjects our minions have brought are…not the most ideal of specimens. We would have had better prospects had we been sent to the East.”

“Quantity is very much its own quality. And even in the event that our liege should find it to be unsatisfactory, we can refine our tribute into a purer distillation. And as for our location, the frontier of the New World gives us the liberty to go about our business with little concern for discretion.”

“You say that, but I have heard no tales of organized demon hunters towards the Atlantic.”

“You are referring to the Devil Busters, are you not?”

“Of course. When last I checked, they are the only organized group of humans to actively hunt and destroy any demon they can find.”

“The key words are ‘can find’, and I would think that we have done more than a satisfactory job of keeping ourselves hidden.”

“Sooner or later, we will run out of proxies to go about doing our dirty work. Just an hour ago, one of our scouts came back to report that another of their fellows went and fell off a cliff.”

“The sad cost of our business, I’m afraid, yet a price we can most certainly afford to pay. I do not mean to disparage against them, but I weigh our lives to be heavier than theirs. We are destined for greater purposes than to be scrabbling among the humans to eke our living ourselves.”

“Aye, so we are. Now tell me, what is the status of the weapon? I would think that the vessel I personally discovered to be the perfect container for the Spirit of Madness.”

(cont.)

“Suitable, and most opportune. Demons though we may be, but I have no desire to personally bloody my claws with the blood of an innocent. That is the work of lesser, more brutish beings. But I digress to your point. Yes, the vessel is suitable.”

“My friend, I am sensing a complication.”

“It is nothing distressing. Minor burns, some broken bones, and some small amount of decomposition, but nothing that magnetite and ritual cannot repair. The container was in excellent condition all things considered. I applaud the work of mortal burial rites.”

“You are the scholar and the scientist between us. I shall not question, but only urge for you to take the utmost care. One mistake, and our existences are forfeit. We only have but one shot to unfetter the shackles that bind us to the Master, and all of our chances are on the weapon.”

“My dear, Belial, have you ever known me to be careless in my procedures? No, we shall be on our most vigilant. I will not see us serve another year under that Scapegoat’s oppressive bootlick.”

“And the weapon? What shall we do with it when all is said and done?”

“One step at a time. But we must prepare. Summon the congregation and prepare the sacrifices.The Master soon comes, and both ourselves and the weapon must be ready to receive him.”

==========

Annette Turner (Lv. 15)

>Combat: ++
>Social: +
>Knowledge: +

>Talents/Traits/Perks:
>Deadshot: Firearms do an additional 10% more damage, rounding to the closest whole number.
>Keep ‘em Firing: Reload the gun to a quarter capacity and return to shooting in the same round.
>Fitness Discipline: You take -10 to Combat for every hour of physical exertion instead of every thirty minutes.
>Ranch Hand: You gain a +20 bonus roll to handling animals (breaking in mustangs, corralling cattle, riding horses, tossing lassos, etc.)

>Demons(s): High Pixie

==========

>It is nothing distressing. Minor burns, some broken bones, and some small amount of decomposition, but nothing that magnetite and ritual cannot repair.

I swear to YHWH Kaz if you're pulling this...

[7:34 PM, Wednesday Agust 25th, 1875]

Even though the fire had long been extinguished, the foul smell of burnt wood and smoke still emanated from the skeleton of the ruined barnyard. There was little doubt that the Malloys would have to tear it down and rebuild everything from the ground up. That was at least a whole six months of labor, five if there weren’t any complications.

But that isn’t any of your business, or your primary field of expertise. Once upon a time, you were a horse rancher, and the only thing you know about farming is which feed your horses prefer and how to properly store bales of hay and feed. Now, your mind was focused on things far from the domestic life of a rancher.

Primarily, concerning demons. To be specific, the individual that killed your family.

Such thoughts are unbecoming of you. You shake your head of the melancholy mood and return to patrolling the outer perimeter of the Malloy estate. Bolt mutters occasionally at every frozen demon or sulfur-smelling crater, but your steady hand keeps the horse at a moderate trot.

Four hours have passed since the demons attacked the Malloys, and you and the rest of the Devil Busters drove them off. With firearms and magic, courtesy of one Neeb, you managed to carry the day and prevent any more kidnappings. The demons fled, but you dared not pursue. It was best to ultimately secure the farms before chasing after the perpetrators.

Those are the events that find you patrolling through the fields, with Deputy Vagun trailing around the opposite end of the property. Neeb sits on the porch, meditating, and Doctor Robbins and Sheriff Vagun tending to the distressed family inside.

Occasionally, some of the corpses you pass are still in good condition. Perhaps there is something to be gained through acquisition of their mortal property…

>Roll 1d100 for Loot
>Best out of three

========

Previous thread should be:
>suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47611943/

Rolled 81 (1d100)

Rolled 24 (1d100)

Are we about to witness the birth of Alice?

Rolled 62 (1d100)

Rolled 34 (1d100)

>81, 24, 62

You are lucky. Neeb’s magic had rendered more frozen corpses than ashen ones, and it is among the half-melted and bloody chunks that you grab your treasures. A good cleaning of them is in order, just to get the stink of demon and blood out of your acquired items. Thankfully, there is a well no less than ten feet away from the main house.

>You looted:
>450 Macca
>3 Life Stones
>1 Maragi Stone
>1 Agialo Stone

>You now have:
>450 Macca
>7 Life Stones
>1 Maragi Stone
>1 Agialo Stone
>2 Zio Stones
>2 Patra Stones

Once you’re certain that you’ve cleaned the demons’ pockets and pouches for all their worth, you turn your attention to the rest of the property. You give it a good hard look, surveying both the land and the persons that meander around the immediate vicinity.

There are no demons, and the only presence your medallion is reacting to is the presence of the demon corpses. Your High Pixie lies dormant within the magic stone, waiting for your call to action should the need arise. Not that anything is going to happen anytime soon.

With no demons on the horizon, the land is peaceful as it makes the transition from afternoon to the beginning of twilight. The sunset over the mesas is beautiful from this viewpoint. Little wonder why the Malloys settled here, if not for the fertile soil.

It’s safe enough for you to break away from your own patrol. There are things to take care of. You should…

>Choose one:
>Ask Neeb how the hell he can do magic
>Check up with Deputy Vagun on patrol
>Talk to Robbins and Sheriff Vagun inside

>>Ask Neeb how the hell he can do magic

Weren't we supposed to get reinforcements for O'Donnell?

>>Talk to Robbins and Sheriff Vagun inside
Almost missed this because quest wasn't in the title boss.

send help....you know, quickly

You guide Bolt into a brisk canter as you make towards the front of the house. The question of how the hell Neeb can perform magic can continue to burn a hole in your pocket until a later and more opportune date. What’s more pressing now is the task O’Donnell sent you to do.

Get the Devil Busters over to the Arrow Caves as fast as you can. Four hours have already gone. That makes four hours more for you to find and reunite with O’Donnell.

You dismount once you hit the porch, hitching Bolt up to the post as you make your way up the house. Neeb’s eye cracks open at your approach, and he directs a peaceful nod in your direction before he resumes his meditations.

The sound of your boots on the wood echoes clearly throughout the house as you enter, pushing past the door and some of the startled occupants of the house. Room by room, you search for your intended targets until you find them, the Sheriff inspecting Robbins as he sutures the wounds of the Malloy patriarch.

At your arrival, the Sheriff politely intones, “Ma’am”, accompanied by a nod of the head. You return the gesture, and head to stand behind Robbins. To his credit, he maintains a strict focus on the wound, only requiring another few threads and pulls before its completely shut.

“Miss Turner,” He says, mumbling through a mouth clamped on the handle of a scalpel, “I trust that you’re alright? No injuries to report?”

You shake your head, even though he can’t see it. “I’m quite alright, doctor. How is he?”
“He’ll live. One of the demons sent a projectile through the window, punctured right through his abdominal muscle. He should be fine with a week’s worth of bedrest.”

“Are you almost done?”

“A few more minutes, yes, I will be.”

>“It’s getting late, but we have to go to O’Donnell now.”
>“We head off to join O’Donnell first thing in the morning.”
>Custom option.

>>“It’s getting late, but we have to go to O’Donnell now.”

There's all of us here, but Donell is probably tackling the same or more by himself.

“It’s getting late, but we have to go to O’Donnell now,” You force the issue as bluntly as you can, jerking a finger to the outdoor environs. “That’s why I came back, to get all of y’all since we figured out what was makin’ all the people disappear.”

That gets the Sheriff to pop right off the wall, a dark look creasing on his face. “You’re gonna have to explain that one, Miss.”

You take a quick look around the room. The Malloy patriarch is unconscious as Robbins works away at his injuries. The only people in the room out of the know are the few Malloys, two young children and their elder sisters or mothers. The men went into town an hour ago to fetch some more rounds for their firearms.

“They’re gonna have to go,” You say, pointing to the others. “This isn’t for their ears.”

The Sheriff nods, turning to the people in question. “Ladies, gentlemen, if you’ll excuse us. Official business of the State, I’m afraid.”

With worried glances to their family head, they file off, casting nervous looks towards everyone, you especially. You return their gazes with a flat stare, unperturbed by how filthy, dirty and unladylike you must look in their eyes. It’s like they’ve never seen a woman in trousers before.

Once they’ve gone, and the door’s been shut tight, you turn to the Sheriff. “Alright, so here’s what happened…”

>You gave a brief explaination of what you and O’Donnell discovered
>You told him about the likely theory that the demons have for the missing civilians

By the time you finish, the Sheriff hasn’t gone as much pale as he’s boiling red in rage. “I’m gonna kill ‘em,” He mutters, hand gripped right on the revolver at his waist, “I’m gonna put a bullet in all those sunsovbitches right where the sun doesn't shine, right where it hurts. Nobody, not even a bloody demon from the pits of hell, has the right to fuck with my people.”

(cont.)

Robbins stands up, wiping bloody hands on his apron. “Agreed. The sooner we rescue those people, the better. If what O’Donnell said is actually happening, then shudder to think how the demons are treating them. Beehives, he said?”

You nod, and he shivers. “How abominable.”

“Then time’s a’wasting,” you grunt. “We need to head out immediately. Would’ve done that a few hours ago, but there was a security issue that I wasn’t about to force. Least I can do to let the Malloys feel safer.”

The Sheriff makes a dissatisfied noise, checking the bandoleers around his chest and the chambers of his revolvers. He loads them with quick, practiced motions, snapping them back into their holsters with a deft motion. Huh. So that’s why Deputy Vagun does it. He takes after his father in more ways than one.

“I’d normally get the whole department back in Blindpoint,” He mutters, “But there isn’t enough time. We’ve already waited long enough. Those poor, missing bastards certainly have, too. Can you track your way back to the caves?”

“I believe I can. I’ve always been good with directions. Comes with handling horses and cattle.”

“Good.” The Sheriff makes for the door. “I’ll talk with the Missus before we head out. Can you be ready in five?”

Robbins nods as he wraps the final bandage around the Malloy patriarch. “Once I’m packed up and clean, I will be.”

He grunts, unlocking the door and strutting out. “Then go make sure the others are ready to go.”

>Go talk to Neeb, have Robbins get Deputy Vagun.
>Go get Deputy Vagun, have Robbins get Neeb.

>>Go talk to Neeb, have Robbins get Deputy Vagun.
We can get the exposition on Demon Whispering. Maybe (probably not) we can learn it,

magic man

>>Go talk to Neeb, have Robbins get Deputy Vagun.

So if this thread has Alice, Belial and Nebrios can't be too far behind huh? Hope they are reasonable if they aren't overtly enemies.

no, they're not too far behind at all. They are in fact, already here.

You're right, I must have skimmed the OP, didn't notice Belial was already mentioned. Looks like they are the bad guys too.

Hope we can pull some Null Dark/Fire out of our ass.

You start walking towards the door yourself, “I’ll take care of Mister Neeb. I trust you can grab Deputy Vagun?”

Robbins nods, grimacing at a particular nail that can’t be rid of blood. Or at the fact that he has to go and fetch a man he isn’t too particularly fond of. “Yes, yes, I can. I’ll just head around and holler for him.”

>>Neeb

You find Neeb on the footsteps, still seated in the position you found him in: legs crossed together and his arms tucked peacefully between the spaces they formed. Perhaps there’s something in your footsteps this time around, because the Chinaman breaks out of his trance, standing with the aid of the nearby porch rail.

He smiles, gesturing towards the field before giving you a brief round of applause. For a moment, you’re confused at what the gesture means before he repeats it again, this time with a little more emphasis on the mounds of ash and mangled body parts. Unless you’re mistaken, he seems to be applauding at your battle with the demons.

In spite of yourself, you smile. Admittedly, he did most of the work with the wide arcs of lighting and fields of crystalline ice, but you did your fair share as well with the aid of High Pixie.

Neeb reaches into the depths of his robes and pulls out another series of medallions, opening to his book with a dramatic flourish. He only manages to make it through three pages before he finally finds what he’s looking for, presenting the pages and their contents to you.

It’s just like earlier that day. It’s time for you to pick another demon.

Your uncertainty at being presented with another choice so soon is dispelled by his nod. He seems to be satisfied with your ability to command High Pixie in combat to trust you with another demon.

>Choose one:
>A robed woman, with wings of pure white.
>A tiny man, with the head of a grinning moon
>A pale spirit, with hollow eyes and empty mouth

>>A robed woman, with wings of pure white.
Oh so her angel gets fucking pants

Poltergeist, Angel, and Sandman

Which I think is Zan, Bufu, and Zio respectively? Varies from game.

We're running on SMT IV move sets for the most part here, with some extra flavor.

>Demon's primary element
>Poltergeist: Zan
>Angel: Bufu
>Sandman: Zio

>captcha answers form a cross
Deus clearly vult

Yeah nailed it.

>Angel
We already got Zio and I think Bufu might be more useful in the coming fights.

>>A pale spirit, with hollow eyes and empty mouth
Fashion Tensei. Also, variety.

>Scapegoat
Wait a minute. Azazel?

You point to the illustration of what you believe to be an angel. If anything else, you choose Angel because out of all the options presented, it seems to be the one to put you back in some good semblance with God. After all, you ARE consorting with demons.

Neeb nods, pressing the illustration and whispering a few words in his native language. With a burst of light, the woman in the book leaps off of the page to hover before you in a serene and peaceful expression. Her robe flows gently in the desert winds as she regards you with kind eyes.

“I am Divine Angel,” She intones with a melodious voice, “A servant of the Lord. You are to be my new charge? Very well. Let us walk the path of righteousness together.”

With those final words, the old man returns her into the medallion in his hands, disappearing in another flash of light. He hands the aforementioned trinket to you with a toothy smile, pantomiming how to slide it onto your necklace. Thanking him, you fiddle with the medallion as you slide it onto the leather thong to join High Pixie.

>Divine Angel (Lv. 12)
>Alignment: Law
>Personality: Devout
>MP: 59

>Moves:
>Dia
>Hama
>Patra
>Stun Needle
>Rakukaja

>>Five minutes later

Saddled in Bolt, you watch as Sheriff, Deputy, Doctor and Shaman canter beside you on the road leading out of the farm. With a silent nod, you crack the reins and dig your heels lightly into your mount’s side. Living up to his name, your stallion takes off into the desert twilight as you retrace your steps to Arrow Caves. Riding close behind you are the rest of the Devil Busters, and the two guests accompanying your group.

It’s going to be a long night…

>Roll 1d100 + 10 to track
>Best of three

Rolled 29 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

Rolled 17 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

What are Annette's High Pixie skills again Kaz?

Rolled 71 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

well this is going to be shitty

Not if you can help it.

Unless you mean the coming fight. Which in that case yes, most of us are probably going to die.

+ High Pixie (Lv. 17) [100% Loyalty]
--Race: Fairy
--Alignment: Neutral
--Personality: Friendly, Optimistic
--MP: 187

>Media (Restores smile amount of health to all allies)
>Zio (Weak lightning spell, 20% Shock to one foe)
>Rakunda (Lower's enemy's defense by one level)
>Sukukaja (Raises all allies' agility by one level)
>Mazio (Weak lightning spell, 20% shock to all foes)
>Healing Pleroma (25% Boost to healing spells)
>Paraladi (Removes stun from one ally)
>Me Patra (Removes bind, sleep or panic from all allies.)

>Restores smile amount of health to all allies
Heh you still have that typo. Smile health is important.

...I'm going to splatter my brains all over the keyboard for the shameful display of not noticing the typo and you won't stop me.

Writing...

>39, 27, 81

It doesn’t take too long for you to pick up your trail once again. Three weeks of recovering from your injuries and traveling on the road haven’t stripped you of your sense of direction. If anything, it’s made you better than you are, all things considering.

You manage to find yourself back to the spot where you and O’Donnell parted within the better half of an hour. The carcass of the dead demon is still there, surrounded by carrion flies and scavengers. They don’t even give you the time of day as you ride into the clearing. They know your business is not with them.

The day isn’t too late yet. The red sunset is still casting enough light for the land to be seen without the aid of torches or a bonfire. Signaling for everyone to stop, you dismount from Bolt and begin to search for any clues that O’Donnell may have left behind. The man said that you would know it when you saw it…

>>Searching

You eventually find it, a series of scratches along the rocks created by some sort of magic. The letters “D” and “B” have been carved into the stone where you last talked. Devil Buster. Drawing your rifle, you scan for more clues, finding them scattered along the rocks, carved into fallen timber. They ascend from the ground, and you’re forced to climb higher, much to the dismay and irritation of Neeb and the Sheriff.

Following the trail eventually leads you to one of the caves on the higher outcrop of the cliff, beyond the place where the ogre you killed had fallen from the perilous height. It is among five other caves, but you know that without a doubt, that the last sign O’Donnell left you leads into this one.

“Torches,” You mutter, searching for nearby wood. “We’re going to need torches.”

(cont.)

I meant the entire scenario. Low rolls did not help.

>>Torches

They’re crude and not the most ideal of spelunking implements, but they’ll get the job done. Made from brush stick and alcohol-soaked scraps of cloth, they shine bright enough to illuminate a good twenty feet in front of you. On one hand, you can see clearly in the darkness. On the other hand, the demons will know you’re coming.

Live and let live. And you’d rather see what’s coming than have no idea that of what you’re going into.

Deputy Vagun breaks the silence just as you’re about to enter the cave. “Normally I’d say ‘ladies first’,” he mutters in a sardonic tone as he unholsters his revolver. “But I’ll make an exception this time. I’ll take the lead, if you don’t mind. Johnny-boy would have my head if any of his crew got hurt.”

Robbins seems to be half-relieved and half-worried at this turn of events. “But what about you? Will you be alright being the first of us to descend into this…pit of monsters?”

He shrugs. “This is a far cry from the worst I’ve been in. Besides, I can handle myself well enough. And there would be few tears shed over my corpse on Johnny’s part if I bought the farm,” He finishes in a joking tone.

>>Explore

The cave is dry, thankfully devoid of any sort of humidity as you begin the descent. It slopes gently into the rocks as you enter, but you’re careful to look and call out any sort of hazards. Demons are one thing, but broken bones and necks are just as much of a danger as well.

You don’t know how deep you’ve gone, but eventually, you come to a fork in the road, two seemingly identical paths leading to the right and left. There’s no indication as to which one O’Donnell took. You don’t know whether or not it’s a good or bad thing.

>Take the left path that seems to go down.
>Take the right path that seems to go up.
>Split the crew up.

Don's not crazy, right?

>>Take the right path that seems to go up.

>>Take the right path that seems to go up.

I dunno. Dude is some kind of time traveler. Who knows what he might be thinking.

You forgot to mention that he's apparently in league with this trustworthy fellow.

Oi vey I am most trustworthy indeed good goy!

Seriously though, I actually do feel bad for Mastema most the time. Compared to most folks in the SMT universe, he's not actually that bad at all.

You gesture to the right passage with the barrel of your rifle. “Let’s go right.”

Deputy Vagun frowns. “What makes you say that? Hunch?”
He seems to definitely less-standoffish than he was when you first met him. Perhaps he’s mellowed out since you plugged the ogre by the cliff, or the fact that he’s seen you in action with demons back on the Malloy residence. Either way, he seems to be alright with you calling the shots.

But you go back to his question, frowning. “I’m not sure. Instinct, maybe? I don’t know, other than the fact that it seems to slope up. I’m not too keen on going down before we completely investigate the top floor.”

He mulls the words in his head before shrugging. “Makes enough sense. Alright, let’s go.”

>>Cavern

After what seems like an eternity of traveling up the winding passage, you emerge to a large cavern, at least the size of the interior of a house. It’s dimly lit with braziers scattered around the cavern, with the smoke rising out of a hole among the ceiling stalactites. It’s empty for the most part, the only thing here present at least two dozen crude bedrolls.

At least two dozen demons, or up to that same number with human collaborators. The size was just right for humans. This is not a prisoner’s holding. The absence of chains or any other restrictive devices confirms that much for you.

“Well this is just fine and dandy,” the Sheriff growls, kicking aside a nearby bedroll. “There’s no one here. And that makes me all the more nervous. Two dozen potential monsters, and we’ve got no idea where they are.”

Robbins kneels down to inspect a bedroll, recoiling momentarily at the horrendous stench of unwashed body before inspecting it with a ginger grip. “Downstairs, perhaps? Or they may be out on another kidnapping spree.”

“Not real comforting, doc. Not real comforting at all…”

>Stay awhile and search.
>Head back downstairs now.
>Custom option.

>Stay awhile and search.
Pretty sure demons don't need bedrolls. Let's give this place a once over then start working our way down.

If we don't see any DB marks, we should
unless we can set traps or something

>>Head back downstairs now.

Kaz @TaskForceKaz 4m4 minutes ago
And my internet just cut out. Gimme a sec to restart my computer.

A passing glance confirms that O’Donnell didn’t come up here. There are no ‘D.B.’ markings anywhere, on the floor, walls or ceiling. It’s time to head out and investigate the lower levels. You call out to the others in a soft voice, careful not to let it echo along the walls. Once you’ve all regrouped, you head back down the cavern…

>>Left Passage

You only notice it with the fresh updraft of the wind: the stench of rot and human refuse. Everyone in the party struggles not to gag, you yourself are no exception. You’ve been exposed to dirty work before on the ranch, shoveling horse manure and other foul things.

But this is something different, something more insidious and removed from the norm than the daily life of a horse rancher.

And the sight that greets you upon turning into the corridor will haunt you for the rest of your life.

At least fifteen people lie chained to the walls, men, women and children of all ages either staring blankly at nothing with eyes glazed over in sheer passiveness. Some are in varying stages of lethargy, with the most active feebly stirring to try to free themselves, and the most passive lying in piles and puddles of their own excrement. And those are the ones that are alive.

At least twenty other corpses lie with them, similarly chained to the wall even in death. Their captors are either callous enough to leave them there instead of properly disposing them, or to not be bothered removing them from the presence of live humans. You’re not sure. Both are equally disgusting.

But what unites the living and the dead are a series of tubes and piping that dig into their bodies, through the skin to penetrate deep within them. In the center of the room, some kind of…mechanical heart beats, siphoning out not blood, but some sort of azure fluid from their bodies.

Liquid magnetite.

(cont.)

“Oh my God-” Deputy Vagun only has a few seconds to get the words out of his mouth before he collapses onto the wall and begins to dry heave. The noise attracts the attention of the more alert prisoners. Upon seeing you, a fire lights in their eyes and they begin to double their efforts to free themselves, hoarse voices calling out for your aid.”

Neeb looks on with a troubled expression on his face while the Sheriff is about to have an aneurysm out of sheer rage. Robbins grabs you by the shoulder, agahast and pale at the sight before your eyes. He seems to be holding up better than the deputy, at any rate.

"We..." He takes a moment to swallow a lump in his throat before continuing, "We have to get them out of here immediately. Fresh water, disinfectant, there's no telling what they've been exposed to. And the machine over there. Is that...no it's not blood..."

>Get them out of here. They’ve suffered long enough.
>Hold everyone back, wait and see what happens.
>Custom option.

O'Donnell told us they were fueling something bad. Maybe we can prevent it by disconnecting them. Also trying to save as many as we can,etc.

OOC though it's probably not going to do much.

Time to be big goddamn heroes!

Maybe. Probably not. But it's the effort that counts right?

>>Hold everyone back, wait and see what happens.

You don’t even hesitate. “Go!” You hiss, rushing forward to the closest victim, a boy no older than your younger sister. He stirs awake to your touch, eyes widening as you grab his shackles and begin inspecting them. “There has to be some kind of lock…or key…”

Neeb suddenly materializes next to you, gently pulling at the boy’s chain from where the spike is embedded deep into the cave wall. With a snap of his fingers, a blue tongue of fire comes to life at his fingers. Pressing at the link embedded into the wall, he pinches as hard as he can, the metal turning cherry pink in his hands as the acrid scent of burning metal causes you to gag.

Within a few seconds, the chain snaps. You catch the child as he falls down, the bind fettering him now little more than a puddle of slag on the ground. Neeb nods grimly and turns to another of the victims, working his magic to free the prisoners bound with metal.

But you’re not to be outdone. There are those who are simply bound by twine. You and the others free them easily enough, cutting through crude twine with knives with little effort. Once Deputy Vagun recovers, he moves to help, unsheathing his own knife and going at the bonds with gusto.

Removing the pipes from their bodies causes moans of temporary discomfort as you swiftly remove them in a single, violent pull. At least four inches are stained red with blood, and magnetite drips out of wounds and artificial veins alike. Robbins can heal those quickly enough. There’s bandages in his bag-

The ground shakes, and dust falls from the ceiling as movement can be heard. Heavy footsteps echo from the far side of the room, where another passage leads deeper into the cave. You don’t know when they will arrive, but the demons are coming.

>Choose one:
>Charge into the passage, guns and magic blazing
>Set an ambush in the cavern, lie in wait for them

>Summon demons?
>Yes
>No

we need to stop that machine from pumping anymore out of them

>Charge into the passage, guns and magic blazing
Draw attention away from this room. If there's info to be had, Donnell better have it.

>Yes

Yeah, we're kinda gonna need everything we got. We did just piss off a bunch of demons by freeing their food.

>Yes

We'd be staging the ambush in the connecting cavern I believe. It'll keep the civilians out of harms way and give Robbins time to do his work.

>Yes

Going to need to see our enemy first before we can decide what type of magic to throw at them.

I think this is gonna be necessary.

?

Works for me.

>Neeb's Moveset
>Mabufudyne
>Maziodyne
>Trisaigon
>Deadly Wind
>Energy Drain
>Concentrate
>Debilitate
>Luster Candy

>Select a role for Neeb:
>Magical Attacks
>Buffs/Debuffs

Writing...

Holy shit. Well we want to make this fast instead of a dragged out fight so...

>Magical Attacks
Have him Concentrate right now. When he see's his opponents I assume he'll know what spell to use.

oh my god, Neeb. No single human should be packing that much under the trunk.
>Buffs/Debuffs
wouldn't want to accidentally kill anybody else who could be deeper in

Don't worry about collateral. The magic doesn't reach that far.

With Trisaigon in a tunnel, I am actually concerned about all the oxygen in the deeper regions being consumed.

Trisaigon won't consume that much oxygen in that little of time.

Look at Kaz's map, We aren't even halfway done.

That was the last vote of the night for me. I'm passing out. Peace.

Sudden death for Neeb.
1. Magical attacks
2. Buffs/Debuffs

>Magical Attacks
Faster we kill em the fast we can get those people out of there and find O'Donnel

not much of a sudden death when there were only two of us.

thankfully, a third has rolled in.

Le sigh. Whatever. I'll do up to the reveal, then call it a night, pick up tomorrow in a few hours. Standard protocol then.

Magical attacks for Neeb it is.

Writing...

>Set and ambush in the cavern, lie in wait for them
>Summon your demons

“Git into cover!” You hiss, reaching for your rifle with one hand as the other moves towards your necklace. Touching the medallions, you concentrate, and the demons bound to the amulets answer your call. High Pixie and Angel come to stand right next to you, at the ready. “We’ll set an ambush for those bastards.”

The Sheriff nods, drawing his revolvers and ducking behind a stalagmite. His son quickly joins him while Neeb races towards you. Robbins herds the victims further back, instructing everyone in a gentle, but firm voice, to take cover behind a large boulder. Pacifist he may be, but there’s no denying his skill with medicine, swiftly tending to the victims’ wounds with clinical precision.

Neeb calls for your attention, muttering something in Chinese as he pantomimes to you with frenzied hand gestures. Once he’s sure that he’s got your attention, he starts to make more hand gestures. He waggles his fingers as if shooting lighting like before, this time in the direction of the cave. That carries on for a few seconds before he begins to…flex?

You blink just to make sure you aren’t seeing things. The Oriental in the latter stages of his life is flexing as if he’s on some sort of…circus or physicians examination. He repeats the gesture, this time adding the wiggling fingers that you know to mean magic. Holding out a limp arm, he waggles his hands, and then it flexes as if…

…it had gained strength through magic.

(cont.)

On one hand, you feel like a simpleton that it took you long enough to figure out what he meant. But on the other, it’s often quoted that hindsight is near-perfect vision. So you’re not entirely at fault.

“Alright, Neeb,” You mutter, chambering a round into your Henry Repeater, “Here’s what I want you to do…”

>You pantomimed that you wanted Neeb to provide magical attacks.

He nods, and readies his magic, and you can feel the ends of your hair stand up on end as magical energy emanates from the man sitting next to you. The demons are getting closer, and you can see what comes down the long cavern.

>Neeb used Concentrate

Monsters, for the most part, just like the ogre you shot outside no less than six hours ago. But this time, they’re accompanied by an escort of furry, dog-faced beasts that walk on hind legs. How unusual, but not quite as odd as the creature that leads them.

The scandalous outfit does not bother you as much as her wings and tail. Your eyes narrow at her coquettish smile as the nearby males vie for her attention, seemingly eager to please their mistress. Of all the demons you’ve faced so far, this may be your first demon pertaining to your faith.

Angel seems to agree, her grip on your shoulder tightening as she points it out. “A Lilim, one of the daughters of the First Woman Lilith, banished from the Garden to copulate with Samiel. They are dangerous, especially to the men. Do not let any of them fall under her charming spell!”

>Orders for High Pixie?
>Orders for Angel?

There's a fourth, he's just tired.

>Orders for High Pixie?
Mazio
>>Orders for Angel?
Hama Lilim

Angel
>Rakukaja

Uhh.. is there a sheet for pixie somewhere?
If she's the same as ours >Rakunda

Rakukaja and Sukukaja, focus on not letting anyone through.

I'll back this.

“Physical enhancement magic,” You mutter, lining up a shot. “I don’t want anyone getting in or out of that cavern.”

“Yes ma’am.” High Pixie and Angel have enough time to cast their spells before the demons get too close. It’s an odd sensation, to have magic coursing through your body, amplifying your senses. It’s slight, but you can definitely feel your trigger hand steadier, less wobbly and more even as you place the crosshair of your rifle right between a dog-beast’s eyes.

>The Party has +1 to Defense (-4 Damage per stack)
>The Party has + 1 to Hit/Evasion (+10 to Combat per Stack)

“Alright, on my command…” You whisper, as the demons get closer, close enough for you to count them. Ten ogres and at least five of the dog beasts to accompany the demoness. “Three…two…one…now!”

You pop up from your cover, gun still tracking your intended target as you give the command. “Open fire!” You cry as you squeeze the trigger of your Henry Repeater.

>Automatic hit, lying in ambush
>Roll 1d10 + 4 Damage
>Best of three
>Critical Hit, multiply final damage x3

Rolled 3 + 4 (1d10 + 4)