Why do girls like Tyranids?

Why do girls like Tyranids?

Magical realms.

They're weird dinosaur bug things and cool to paint.

The only not heaps sexist to women, or faction that sexualises them to the point where all they are is big titties.

Giant penis cannons that ejaculate death.

All the girls these days want to get BUGGED.

How can guardsmen even compete?

Girls love I dunno "Beast races" its either that or eldar something about hivemind I guess

I got it

We cover ourselves in tyranid guts then the girls will be all over us

>necrons
>titties

Literally what faction in 40k does this? Okay yeah Dark Eldar

Funnily enough in my city the prominent girl player (ie not playing because of boyfriend but actually enjoys the hobby) plays orks. Full painted army, great kitbashes and conversions, and makes orky smack talk. She is a solid 7.5/10 as well. She may as well be a goddamn unicorn.
...and she's married.

and next your going to tell us she bring freshly baked cookies to every game night.

Girls like animals and nature, and while tyranids are weird bug things, they are the closest fit. The also are one of the few factions that aren't trying to be all macho with a bunch of military hardware and stuff from 80s metal album covers.

Because everyone loves Tyranids.

Whats the deal with tyrainid biomass?

Just look at this cuddly fellow.

Females don't comprehend the idea of role-playing, so they choose the army that resembles them the most.

Because the girls that play 40k are not normal girls.

They're literally cooties.

Well, think about it.
Most of the armies are All Dudes. Of the ones that aren't All Dudes, you've got Fetish Nuns (who basically don't exist nowadays, unfortunately), BDSM Elves, Elf Dudes With Some Girls, Robot Skeletons, and Alien Dinobugs
Of these, the Alien Dinobugs get the most weird variety of stuff they can have.
Also, they're cute.

Catachan Steve

You're a fucking genius

She isn't playing because of her bf?
What does her husband say about this matter?

Without evidence to the contrary I maintain my Skitarii are fifty fifty male/female. The Magos is also female.

though in reality they're probably all ERROR NULL VARIABLE

What do Catachans use as prophylactics?

Their personalities.

Or, failing that, their body odor.

>Buy Space Marines
>Either use all helmets or throw a few female heads in
>Play them as SoB
What's the problem?

FEMALE SPACE MARINES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tyranids, like hive insects, are almost 99% female.

The reason they're so popular with women is that they can identify with the horrible mindless plague of death and consumption on some instinctual level.

underrated post

Except they wouldn't be female Space Marines, they'd be Sisters of Battle in non-gender-specific armor.

Against what?

I hate the whole "muh representation" thing as much as anyone, but it IS a little bit embarassing that females in 40k are more or less limited to villain factions or nun/frilly dress lady caricatures.

Like we can't get a female guardsman, but we can have two separate units themed around scantily clad women and physical punishment, okay.

I can understand anyone who looks at the miniature lines and draws the conclusion that women in 40k are mainly things you shoot at with bolters.

I mean the HERO FACTION has NO WOMEN and the WOMAN FACTION has kitchy bdsm pinup units and their contribution to the lore include such highlights as "we got slaughtered by necrons" and "we got sacrificed by Daemonhunters"

>Tyranids, like hive insects, are almost 99% female.
Not completely true, in the older fluff where similar things were addressed, hive tyrants at the head of the fleet were hermaphrodites, hormagaunts had both males and females and even now the genestealers have a sense of patriarchy more than matriarchy to them.

Space Marine Power Armour is different than 'Human' Power Armour.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

On a serious note, is there really no fluff on female Guardsmen?

I think you mean retarded post.

It's the only faction you can collect and paint without having to worry about getting confronted by sweaty neckbeards who want to talk faction lore and tell you you put the wrong unit markings on your dudes.

If a female friend told me she wanted to start collecting space marines and play at the flg I'd tackle her before she could press the order confirmation button.

Are you a fucking idiot?
All armies in the 40k universe are mixed gender, notable exception is the Space Marines since they're all functional clones and the Sisters of Battle that are all space nuns.

You are literally just complaining about not enough tit-plates since you have to be able to distinguish a female soldier over a male one to understand she's there.

And the HERO faction being what? The 40k universe main characteristic is that there is no "good guys" yet you are bitching about women being evil? Because equality is sexists I guess.

You are inventing issues from ignorance and then getting outraged at them, fuck off.

>space marines are the unilateral and only heroes
>sisters of battle are the only faction that represents women as a whole in 40k
What are eldar?
What are newcrons?
What are the inquisitors?
What is the mechanicus?
What are the sisters of silence?
What are the imperial knights?
What is the imperial guard?
What is cherry-picking?

Because they are cute

>On a serious note, is there really no fluff on female Guardsmen?
No, usually people treat both genders equally and aren't arsed to indicated the percentage of females in a regiment.
Nothing indicates females can't be part of any imperial organization bar the astartes.

>Looking at actual miniatures
>Cherry picking.

"Lol there doesn't have to be female guardsmen minis for there to be female guardsmen, you're making a fuss out of nothing"

But they totally had to devote studio hours to sisters repentia because the game wouldn't be the same without them, right?

I'm on your fucking side, I'm just saying that GW has made zero fucking effort to not look insane in this particular way, and I understand people who are put off by it.

>you put the wrong unit markings on your dudes.
Is that a thing? Don't they understand their whole setting?
The whole setting is so fuckhuge that you literally can't go wrong with your paintings, because some Space Marine chapter in the galaxy is bound to deviate from orthodox unit markings.
Fucking shitcocks, like half of the Space Marine chapters don't even give a fuck about the Codex Astartes anyway.

How is that even remotely related to the association with army and sex?

>Lol there doesn't have to be female guardsmen minis for there to be female guardsmen

Point out to me where the fucking viable penis is on this miniature please.
Since apparently you can tell what a male guardsman look like.

These motherfuckers gender is undeterminable, there are no "male" or "female" guards models, there are just models that are wearing too much gear for you to see and gender only characteristics.

yep, you're right

and yet a GW cashier still might tell you that you can't play at their shop because you didn't use canon paints

>what are eldar
Things that get shot at by space marines, like I said, enemy factions.
>What are newcrons
With... women? There are newcron women named characters?
>What are the inquisition
Like I said, frilly dress baroque strumpet parodies, show me a female inquisition model that isn't playing up the lol feeeeemaaaaaale aspect for borderline comic effect.
>What is the mechanicus
Again, show me the female mechanicus minis
>What are the sisters of silence
Loreshit that nobody cares about on the table doesn't count.
>What are the imperial knights
Again, no fucking female miniatures for those either.
>What are the imperial guard
Not a single female miniature despite being the biggest armed forces of humanity.
>What is cherry-picking.
You tell me, because you seem to have a weirdass definition for it.

>What are eldar?
They are nothing but filthy Xenos
>What are newcrons?
They are termnator inspire skeleton robots.
>What are the inquisitors?
A bunch of old people with a lot of mechanical parts that execute everyone based on random info
>What is the mechanicus?
A miserable little pile of bionics
>What are the sisters of silence?
Who? They are no longer canon.
>What are the imperial knights?
Mechs piloted by pilots.
>What is the imperial guard?
Endless supply of men sent to die.
>What is cherry-picking?
It is a primal need to the human ind organize things in easy to distinguishable groups based on a single trait.

...The fuck?
On the other hand, this makes me joyous that I haven't spent my money on miniatures, but on the other hand, it makes me pissed because of the sheer fucking stupidity of it, and because I enjoy the setting, the video games and the RPGs.

>All armies in the 40k universe are mixed gender
Not IG - the mixed regiments are described as being unicorn.
Not Necrons, Orks or Tyranids due to obvious reasons.
And together with SM and CSM that covers more than half of all armies

>Like I said, frilly dress baroque strumpet parodies, show me a female inquisition model that isn't playing up the lol feeeeemaaaaaale aspect for borderline comic effect.

Oh fuck off, you don't even believe that. Even if we ignore the glaring lack of any named female IG character model, it's not rocket science to see the difference between men and women even if they're in armour, and GW is NOT exactly famous for going with practical, gender neutral armour.

Like okay, there are female guardsmen models and they're the only ones in the game with no outward female characteristics.

Even the fucking TAU female character has a giant-ass ponytail to make her distinguishable as girlier than the other tau.

>GW has made zero fucking effort to not look insane in this particular way
It's not being insane, it's called having tongue in cheek fun m8.

Making bondage space nuns is not so different of a process than deciding to make a faction of Rambo-look alike, or space bugs with penis cannons.

How different are the repentia from a random servitor? They are both punish me and degradation of the human body after all.

Making different bits for guardswoman would reduce the kitbashing possibilities and appeal to an irrelevant customers' demand for the molds and conceptual investments.

Equal representation must not be forced, nor means the same ratio of tits and balls.

GW staff are known for having a stick up their ass
granted, a lot of that is out of their power if they want to keep their job, so you mostly have their business practices to blame, but yeah

Cadian is mixed, most armies can't afford to be exclusive, its rarer for an army to not be mixed since that is a tactically nonviable choice.

SM being men makes 100% and you would have to assassinate the lore completely to fuck that up.
Chaos is chaos, for all we know they probably have sixty different types genitalia as gifted by the gods.

I totally agree with you.

I'm just saying that I understand people who look at it and get put off, because zero effort have been made to have the "lol tongue in cheek m8" stuff go both ways.

You don't have to be some woman studies fag to say that yeah, it's all a kind of juvenile, tongue in cheek, male power fantasy.

And that's okay.

But here we are, with half a thread trying to be gw apologists and pretending like that's not at all what it is, like this genious:

>TAU female character has a giant-ass ponytail to make her distinguishable as girlier than the other tau

No, fucking one tau has a giant ponytail and she's a character.
Fire warriors are all warriors, that has always been the case.

>and yet a GW cashier still might tell you that you can't play at their shop because you didn't use canon paints

On the list of things that never happened, this. If it did, I guarantee 100% that the real reason they wanted to kick you out was that you smelled funny.

>>What are the sisters of silence?
>Who? They are no longer canon.

Fuck you. That is all.

>Again, show me the female mechanicus minis

>inb4 they don't have boobs
>inb4 when it is feeeeemaaaaaale it doesn't count

Oh fuck off, you can't be so blind that you didn't notice that Shadowsun looks like a fucking shampoo commercial compared to the rest of the characters.

I was just saying that it's disingenuous and silly as fuck to say that "there are female guardsmen miniatures, they just don't look female", when literally every female model in the game has a giant flashing neon sign that says she's female.

I mean look at her. "Oh, well, she's wearing a mecha suit, we better include an alternative head with the biggest fucking ponytail ever"

But seriously every female miniature in the game is comically female. Don't try to pretend like GW just suddenly decided that AdMech and IG have gender-neutral armour (and are all the same height and build) when every other fucking female mini in the game that's not in a giant mech suit has boob plate.

Kek

God, that power armor design was so good.

>male power fantasy.

Are kicking ass and being sexy not also female power fantasies? This is one of those phrases that gets thrown around a lot but I don't think anyone respects what it actually means.

>boob armor REEEEEE

>If a female friend told me she wanted to start collecting space marines and play at the flg I'd tackle her before she could press the order confirmation button.

Let's be honest here, you're just looking for an excuse to molest her. It couldn't have any less to do with her choice of army.

You should just go play WHFB Empire then they have tons of-

WHOOPS TOO LATE

>Are kicking ass and being sexy not also female power fantasies?
>kicking ass

no, not really

>being sexy
yeah sure

I-I'm a boy and I like Tyranids...

>>Are kicking ass and being sexy not also female power fantasies?
>>kicking ass
>no, not really
>>being sexy
>yeah sure

And we've come full circle to the fundamental problem. Fa/tg/uys don't know much about women.

Okay? So, you don't like the aestitic of 40k, but you want to whine about it? Play a different game that caters to how you want females.

>Cadian is mixed
No. They have male and female regiments.
> a tactically nonviable choice
wat

>B

Not him but if you're going to talk about shit like this you should at least know the basics like the fact that mixed sex military have far lower performance and much higher risks. It's a scientifically proven fact. The presence of women hinders performance, endangers males who instinctively protect the females, and puts the females at risk for rape in an already rape-prone setting like the military.

>B

Don't know why, but Veeky Forums ate my post. I'm a fag, and I have a kek when I hear guys screaming about equal representation. I've seen 2 fluff bits on gay 40k dudes. But, do I want everyone to be gay? Fuck no, because I like the setting how it is. Why not go find media where you're represented, or make your own?

Same here

>comically female
>boobarmor, less exaggerated musculature, softer face

What the fuck do you even want?

To whine about gender equality.

>Like we can't get a female guardsman, but we can have two separate units themed around scantily clad women and physical punishment, okay.

That is honestly probably because GW is wary of how they would sell. It's simply safer to produce male Guardsmen. (Which they honestly haven't gotten around to in years besides the Scions.) They may be on to something to since I think Sisters didn't perform as well for reasons besides their models being bad and metal, all armies have had piss poor looking models made of metal.

>>I mean the HERO FACTION has NO WOMEN and the WOMAN FACTION has kitchy bdsm pinup units and their contribution to the lore include such highlights as "we got slaughtered by necrons" and "we got sacrificed by Daemonhunters"

It's really unfair to act like those are two defining aspects of the Sisters. At most I'll give you that former is a sizable event but the latter was a justified piece of lore which got blown out of proportion because Veeky Forums hated Ward and would grab any scrap of ammo to use against him regardless if it matched up to the facts.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if what you say isn't the truth to some extent.

Rick Priestley's Beyond the Gates of Antares recently got a model which is akin to the old Vect one with the slave girls. I think the only difference may be that one or both are altered humans/aliens.

Pretty sure both Tau sexes can have the top knot because it's an "Asian" thing.

The Israel Defense Force would like a word.

>A study of women in the IDF from 2002 to 2005 found that women often exhibit "superior skills" in discipline, motivation and marksmanship.

Come to think of it, having better discipline, motivation and marksmanship pretty much describes all of the ways that the Sisters of Battle outclass regular Imperial Guard. Could GW have been on the money all along?

Tyranid horse-cock cannons.

It's funny you say that because the majority of online RPers are female, and not in a G.I.R.L way so much as a "holy shit will some dudes please join so it's less of a circlequeef" way. It's actually kind of amusing honestly, some sites are so desperate for more dudes (IC and OOC) that they have gender quotas.

Tabletop is vastly different, both in terms of actual roleplaying and the kind of people who are heavily into it.

IG, Necrons and Tyranids ARE mixed gender.

>A study of women in the IDF from 2002 to 2005 found that women often exhibit "superior skills" in discipline, motivation and marksmanship.
How did they come to this conclusion?

>Guardsmen are mixed gender!

Yeah, but not on the tabletop. I don't think there is a single female IG model. Certainly no prominent characters. This probably isn't SEXISM OH NO though, it's just GW being too lazy to make new things.

Girls play Tyranids and Deldar often because they're the only feasible armies that aren't 100% testosterone. Or because they're goths and like goth stuff. Saying "yeah, well, in fluff there are mixed IG regiments" does little to mitigate the fact that there are zero female guard models.

Because tentacles are romantic.

>tyranids will never come in any other forms than "6 limbs" and "snake"

Why, GW? Why can't we have armoured slugs?

>the mixed regiments are described as being unicorn

Where?

Fan art does not count.

You're pretty retarder since you don't understand that people judge an army by the MODEL first
There are NO females represented in the model line. Oh sure you could convert but you might as well say furries are represented in the model line since Busty user came back with his Rough Riders

Like it or not son, The Imperium is the PC faction
Eldar and npc races don't draw
So for the Imperium we have:
5 armies explicitly all male
1 army with no female minis and last I checked having only male named characters in the Codex
1 army with explicitly female mini
One army on Last Chance
You're really buttflusterred over being proven wrong, aren't you?

You are a very special kind of autistic if you can't tell males from females without seeing sex organs

They have penis cannons that ejaculate tentacle rape

They have both infantry and heavy weapon versions of this

Neither miniature nor cannon
We're talking about 40k the game, not DoW the expanded universe

>It's the only faction you can collect and paint without having to worry about getting confronted by sweaty neckbeards who want to talk faction lore and tell you you put the wrong unit markings on your dudes.
Things that never happened, let alone to girls.

I don't think a lot of female power fantasies revolve around being rescued or killed by incredibly gay space knights that make The Rock look like a little bitch.

Not true! Orks are fairly common among female players as well.

Wrong.

A lot of the urban fantasy genre novels are about women kicking ass, taking names, and hooking up with powerful men, and have been for 10+ years now.

They want to be pinned and fucked stupid by them.

This has been confirmed multiple times.