Horus Heresy General /hhg/

House Xyrax Edition
Deathshroud Sub-Edition
Previously on the Horus Heresy General one user had trouble involving an Angron poster, the NL user who posts his army a lot here finally got done with them, we discussed headcanons, one user talked about his Knight House, we took a moment to talk about the IW dread, 30k Legion shirts were mentioned, talk on Phalanx Wardens and traitor Blood Angels was made, and there was a lot of DG related talk plus more in the last thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10558764
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for What do you think is the backstory of Alpharius and Omegon? With as few memes as possible pls

This Primarch-sized S10 astartes has just traveled back in time to slay Daemons. Please help him as best you can!

I offer him a helmet of class and style. Just imagine this as a power armor helmet and not a normal helm.

>maybe replace the sniper vets with storm shield terminators in dreadlaws. IDK.
Why not replacing the Recon squads? Regular sarges can buy a vox anyway.
Sure, they look cool, and that's because their shields cover them enough. The Maybe it's just that I'm not a fan of kite shields.
>Why is it that the only shieldmarines that aren't expensive as fuck (in-game, money-wise they're the most expensive SM infantry) are ultramarines?
You get half of them, so arguably you could say they actually cost double.
But their superb wargear more than makes up for their price, I'd say.

Nigga makes a better Lorgar than Lorgar. Put him in charge of the XVIIth, so that he may smack Erebus and Kor to death.

somebody else suggested the Recon Squads, and I was thinking of buying Tempestus Scions, painting them yellow, and using them as Recon Squads with Carapace Armor (because fuck the GW Scouts models that haven't been updated since before I hit puberty), then they can infiltrate and help with the Dreadclaws not mishapping.

>I was thinking of buying Tempestus Scions
As in these guys?

A fine offer, but sadly it must be refused, as all important characters don't wear helmets.

>tfw I am considering actually using Lorgar's model to represent him.

>Put him in charge of the XVIIth
A fine idea! Putting the most powerful astartes of a chapter of Daemon-immune Space Marines will certaintly allow him to see through their lies easily!

Is this guy better than Kaldor Draigo at slaying Daemons?

I offer him a hot pocket in case he needs nourishment then.

as in these guys, model them all with helmets on and bolters and put them on 32mm bases. how would you guys run recon squads with carapace armor?

Helmet: ok.
Beret: ok.
Helmet + Beret: hurts my soul.

Those are rebreathers. You can see their ears and the side of their faces in some pics.

Sort of like Zardu Layak's mask.

that would never happen. not in an army that I plan to grace with the refined beauty of Sigismund and his finest Shieldmaidens.

>Those are rebreathers. You can see their ears and the side of their faces in some pics.

That does actually make it better.

Night guys. Before I leave I must know one thing.
What do you nigmos think of muh special snowflakes?

holy shit I'm about to buy the Militarum Tempestus Start Collecting box and an extra 5 Scions to make a bunch of Recon Squads. Someone please convince me not to do this. tell me how shitty Recon Squads in Carapace Armor are, tell me how Scions are too small to count as Scouts.

If you do buy them you will have to find a respectable use for the berets. It has to match well with marheens and good luck with that though. At least I tried to talk you out of this.

I wouldn't use the berets to be honest. I'd just use the helmets. The berets look like they're for the command squad and you can model them to just be normie scions.

The only thing I'll say is this: find a use for that coat

It looks great, but there's no way in hell it could do for marines, so I hope you have some militia or other humans who can make use of such a magnificent coat

yeah that lord dude and the commissar would definitely need to be put to use elsewhere. have you ever played somebody using carapace armor recon squads though? I really can't think of a better alternative to the 40k scout models than this.

Doom guy in MKVII plate

I think dreadclaws don't need help in that regard. A dreadclaw may not have inertial guidance but what it can do is just deep strike a distance away from things that could cause a mishap then use its slimmer flat out to move 18" in any direction it needs to go possible where you could have wanted to deep strike if you had inertial guidance even.

ah, I was thinking it more of an added benefit, but really the voxes would be for the phalanx warders since they'll be 10 man squads coming in.

holy shit do you think he could pass for a vigilator in scout armor? that way he can infiltrate with one of the recon squads.

>holy shit I'm about to buy the Militarum Tempestus Start Collecting box and an extra 5 Scions to make a bunch of Recon Squads. Someone please convince me not to do this.
ok. it comes with a fucking taurox.

I think what's been established, the isolated planet, the pirates, ect, was what happened to Alpharius.

I think that Omegon wasn't spirited away through the warp and was left on Terra.

can buy it on ebay for 65 ameribucks. a squad of 5 scions is 25 ameribucks. so I'd be paying 15 extra for the cool trenchcoat guy I could make into a vigilator in scout armor, a commissar...I dunno what I'd do with him, and that ugly ass taurox I could scrap for parts.

thats still expensive for like 10 scouts in my opinion.

i mean between chinese FW and aftermarket bits parts you could build pretty much any marine sized thing you want for $6 a model

True. I guess I've just been trying to stick to either GW or FW models for my army. Mostly GW because paying 80 bucks to upgrade 10 Calth Marines to Phalanx Warders hurts both my wallet and better judgement.

The trenchcoat guy comes in the regular scions box.

At least do some research before you impulsively buy your questionable scout proxies.

yeah I found that out between posting my last comment and reading your sassy one.

Fortify this decision, brother!

according to this gentlemanon in the 40k thread, scions are about the same size as scouts, so this could really work. this is IF knight user by the way, I'm trying to add more bodies for rule of cool to balance out having questoris knight allies.

Any of you guys use fortifications in your armies?

From the humble Aegis to the Well Endowed Eagle of Disapproval, do any of you guys use walls for anything other than memeing?

Do we have the rules for the exclusive Praetor yet?

Thats actually a really well painted Lorgar. Actually considering having a crack myself now. Maybe after the Angron, Perturabo, Eidolon, Mortarion and second Horus already on my to-do list. Oh, Sevatar too.

Fucks sake FW, why do you do this.

I hate fortifications. Never should have been added to the game.

What in the world led you to this conclusion?

I run IF and have a boner for bunkers and walls. I would pick up IWs if they could fortress build with their rhinos

Still no angels of caliban epub?

strawpoll.me/10558764

LEGION CENSUS STRAWPOLL HERE

Why if there are so many Word Bearers do people in this thread still post the tired untrue meme they are worst legion?

>piechart not colour-coded to legion colours
Reeee, and so forth.

Nigga why don't you just buy the damn book, they're like the cheapest thing FW/GW/BL sells.

Anyone?

Imperial Knights with blatant Dune names and desert camo. I guess it's nice?

I'm not a smart man.

>how would you guys run recon squads with carapace armor?
Scouts

>tfw your the first World Eater...

But I have a question, how would you make a good Drop Pod/ Deep Strike army? Which Rites would be best for it and what do you drop on the opponent.

It seems like a huge points sink investing in anything more then a mere drop pod as the Anvilus and the Kharydras are very points heavy. How are people doing this kind of list?

Probably the crimson path with a leviathan or two, plus something like a plasma support squad or a termie squad with all combi plasmas who drop down first turn for some fuck your shit up action, weather the next turn as best they can, and assault the turn after while your next wave drops in

Sprinkle in some fast armour/jet bikes/jump pack squads/ foot slogging hoards as needed

>75% are traitor legions.

In Book 3 in one of the six possible origins for Alpharius one of them's that one

>Alpharius is the traitor of the 2, being found by Horus like the well known story of him making his way to his command bridge with his tiny ass fleet. He's the one that crashed on an empty planet before killing pirates and stealing their ships.
>Omegon is the loyalist one, the one that defended a planet against a worm like species, got abducted and tortured before being found by Empy. He kept Omegon close to him to repair the toll torture and mind control had taken ipon the Primarch, as well as teachin him to become his Spec Ops guy. Hence Omegon staying loyalist and sometimes helping Loyalists while making it look like he's a traitor. Double agent basically.

Just using the FW fluff and choosing the interpretation that seems the more logical.

Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Lorgar is the head, but that's the same for every single model for me, I love marine helmet, or fully concealing ones, so any face is a big no no for me.

> implying my ex-Word Bearer Blackshields are traitors

I've never actually run this so it's pure Theoryhammer, but I drew up an Orbital Assault list for World Eaters that has Kharn with a command squad in a dreadclaw, 3 Tactical squads (2 with ccw and dreadclaws, 1 with bolters in a drop pod), a 7 man tactical support squad with plasma guns in a drop pod, red butchers in a dreadclaw, a double kheres contemptor, and a Leviathan. 2500pts even if you put some upgrades around.

>Implying I don't play loyalist DG

It's like you don't believe in freedom for all mankind from xenos overlords.

Crimson path and 3 big units in dreadclaws plus deep striking dreadnoughts and rapiers or some other support.

>The House has a philosophy of see but do not be seen which seems to go against their shock and awe way of war.
If their philosophy contradicts their way of war, then they can't really claim to live by both. Or they're really bad at one of them. Elaborate.

The important parts of your story (losing "countless knights" and their battles against the traitor house) don't mean much without more detail. Without that detail, it's a rambling story that talks about their history without discussing how it affects their current disposition - which is what you should be trying to explain. "Reasons unknown" is the last thing I want to read in a background story.

It also sounds like you're in a different millennium than the rest of us here.

>the NL user who posts his army a lot here finally got done with them
Why do NL players seem to be the most productive ones?

Extra motivation - other primarchs don't haunt their players' dreams.

Not much else to do when you live alone and have nobody to talk to but yourself

I was not thinking straight at the time, and rambling is something I happen to be adept at. Being stuck in a car for 9+ hours will do that to me. I was thinking about using antlions as a source of inspiration for the see but don't be seen plus shock and awe thing.

D:

It's the bat wings. They give them extra motivation.

It's fine, just think about what random people want to know (hint: your house's character and preferences) and limit the amount of sentences that don't add to that.

I'll remember that. I have a slight problem with going overboard with descriptions.

Rumours are saying this dude's rules are:
>Legion Praetor Tribune 180pts
>Legion Praetor Tribunes are a legacy of the last years of the Great Crusade, a time when the Space Marine Legions were at their apex in terms of size and power, a command rank above that of Consul or Centurion and yet not among the absolute elite of the Legions. Commanders of entire chapters, Tribunes stand at the front lines of battle, charged with enacting the strategic plans of the great captains of the Legion and inspiring those who fight alongside them.

>WS6 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A4(5) Ld 10 Sv2+
>Infantry (character)

>Master crafted paragon blade
>Iron halo
>Digital Lasers
>Tartaros pattern Terminator Armour
(Unless I've fucked up that's 195 points worth of gear, although he doesn't have the combi-bolter you get when you buy a suit of terminator armour.)

>Legiones Astartes
>Master of the Legion
>Independent character
>Exemplary Tribune- May be included as a HQ Choice in a Space Marine Legion army selected from the Legiones Astartes- age of Darkness Army list, but may not be given any other options or wargear. It uses the same additional Legion rules as the other units of the detachment it is included in, as per the Legiones Astartes special rule.

worse than a praetor

>>Commanders of entire chapters
Don't Legion Centurions (Captains) already do that? Delegatii look more fluffed to me.
>Melee Terminator with both Paragon blade and Power Fist when?

Classic random FW

That's the load out for my special snowflake BA praetor

The problem is that points-wise terminator armor is completely pointless on a praetor because the paragon blade is only discounted by 5pts, especially tartaros since you usually want the iron halo anyway. It is cool though.

Captains I thought were just companies, which were sub units of chapters

I had it in my hands at the shop like an hour ago. Great model, the head is a separate piece (thank god) and the rules are included inside indeed. It was still in its package so I couldn't look at the rules but at least the model is looking really good. Completely resin of course.

Hmm, I guess you're right. Still, Tribunes make no sense since Praetors are already chapter masters (which weren't necessarily confined to 1k strong) and Delegatii are already the budget MotL.
Tribunes look like +1W Champions with access to Paragon blades...but isn't that what a real Praetor is?

Weren't Praetors the big boss of legions before Primarchs came around? One at a time, then stepped down when the Primarch arrived to take command and their role basically.

Praetor is a chapter master equivilant. What you're thinking of is the legion master, which is different than the rule master of the legion. The legion masters were the primarch stand ins

Just like the First Captain is first among equals, so a Legion Master was a Praetor elevated above his peers. Cassian Dracos, when he was flesh, was referred to as "Lord Commander of the XVIII legion"

My Auxilia army is coming together now.

Say, all this talk about Legion leadership got me thinking, what's up with the Word Bearer's apostles? If they are the ones truly in command of a chapter, what are WB Praetors for?
Daemoncucking?
As in Zardu "let's put a Librarian, a Chaplain and a Diabolist in a blender and give him MotL" Layak is the de facto leader of the Ochre Gate chapter (now the Unspeaking), meaning somewhere there's a WB Praetor nobody cares about?

If I remember correctly modern M41 Word Bears have this one rank where the marine takes care of the actual miltary stuff while the Dark Apostle is freed to commune with daemons and the Chaos Gits themselves. So yeah that's what the Praetors are for.

I think that the Apostles are mostly serve in the role of Chaplain, while the Preators do the thinking. However I'd imagine that during the heresy this distinction fades and command can fall to both.

There will not be rules accompanying this guy. The rules are going to be found in the HH books already written.

the source is GW itself.

The apostles are the ones who have the big plan and are taking orders from the dark gods. I think praetors are subordinate to the apostles and the apostles delegate the responsibility of fighting to them. Like in fear to tread, the dark apostle was definitely superior to the commanding captain and was the one in the know with the daemons

Sounds like someone saw FW call him Tribune on their FB page and decided to fanfic up some rules.

They did. He won't have special rules.

Don't spout bullshit like that. As I said, had the model still mint in my hands hours ago, and the shop owner told me tp not throw the package away when I'll get it since the rules are inside.

That's wat I thought. When I saw "tribune" pop up on the facebook post I was wondering how long until someone wrote up some troll rumor.

Now now user. Mine has said other wise as stated in the email they sent.

Yes, there'll be rules.

Now, maybe he does have rules but not special ones? Just a standard praetor? In which case we'd both be right.

>it's a left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing episode again

Well, cool then.

When in doubt, just shoot everything!

>When in doubt, just shoot everything!

Imperium in a nutshell.

So, now that the Malcador is heavy support, what other changes are needed to make it a viable choice?

>it actually has assault cannon tits
You absolute madman.

It's beautiful. I honestly can't think of anything else to say.