Need ideas for a Vault

I'm making a Fallout PnP campaign for my chumps to play and I need an idea for a Vault. I need something big and interesting, not a little thing-a-magig. It'll be taking place up north so it'll be cold and snow, all that shit.
Any ideas or references would be great. Was thinking of making it a non-VaultTec Vault, since it takes place in the far north. We are using the Fallout Pen and Paper game, the Operations Handbook version.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I7gzg1uNJ5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A vault to test the extremes of human endurance.

How far North? Alaska? Canada? Maybe a leftover resistance bunker from the American Annexation

999 Niggers

1 White Woman

Vault Number Ooga Booga

SCP wiki is the best place to get inspiration

Canadia, up in the Yukon. Thinking of naming it "Yukon Me Crazy!". Of course that is a working title subject to change.

A vault where the overseer is named Santa Claus and everyone else is elves; except they produce guns instead of toys for the good girls and boys and cannot wait to deliver these gifts to all the children of the outside world once they are released

>290 deaf mutes trained from birth to communicate only through interpretive dance.
>10 normal, non-disabled theater critics.
>Experiment stipulation: the theater critics have the only keys to the armory.

All the vaults systems are designed to fail, one after another. Starting with minor things, like food being produced only as gruel. But slowly progressing to stuff like food as a whole, then lights, then water, than the air. The Vault also comes equipped with a state of the art set of autodocs fully stocked with cybernetics and the ability to produce more. The Vault is filled mainly with engineers, doctors, and soldiers. It's designed to test how far a human being is willing to strip away it's own humanity to survive.

I'd imagine by the time the Vault finally cracks open after 200 odd years, most of the people inside wouldn't look much like they did going in.

>Narcotic Nightmare
MK Ultra in extremo. Subjects defrosted in batches to undergo mind control experiments with severe pharmaceutical measures. Basically every room can drug you, often without players noticing, and everything that happens then could be true, could be hallucination. Even those who get back out alive can never be sure what was real. Some things just can't have been!

>The Stacks
This is the storage. THE storage. Everything is neatly stacked on pallets in shelves all the way to the cave ceiling, in containers stacked like Lego blocks, in cryo cells stacked in N2fl chambers, in memory banks stacked in server racks, EVERYTHING. This is where stuff was hidden, from emergency supplies over strategic reserves to top secret material and things that should not be, this enormous facility contains it all. It is very secure. But something is lurking between the stacks now and it is no longer safe to go in.

>The Egg
This is salvation: Everything from Millennia of knowledge easily accessible through moderated video tutorials on solar powered pads ready to distribute over seed and equipment, material, and logistics to restart the world economy to security droids ready to enforce just law in a gentle but effective way... Of course this will never come to be. There's a nuclear device set to destroy the arc before it can be abused by looters, and it's malfunctioning. There's a new volcano right next to the vault, and its new eruption will bury and melt it. There's a gang of looters primed to attack the complex and exploit it for profit. There's a glacier already half covering the last entrance, which could collapse at any moment. It's about to be flooded.

This was always my go-to in these threads:
>An extra-tough Vault with a system of pre-recorded messages that will play within it. There is only one exit within this Vault and it cannot be manually opened. There are no means within the vault to force it open.

>The first message will describe that this Vault was the only one which could be fitted with an ion shield, a prototype of an extremely high technology defensive measure. Vault citizens should be reassured that they are untouchable no matter what weapons and where the enemy deploys them. This is a lie.

>The second message will play some time after the Vault has been occupied. It will say that the war has been greatly less severe than was anticipated. Apart from a few hotspots America has survived and defeated its enemies, and although order has collapsed it is being rebuilt.

>From this point on the Vault will receive regular updates about the progress of the government forces are taking back the country. Growing crops and trees will be described. A utopian political system and new, greater America will be described. Every update will be more positive and more appealing. Even world peace will be described as attained in these messages.

>Eventually the messages will describe the new government reclaiming the area the Vault is in. They will say they are unable to disable the Vault's unique defense system and that the citizens should hang on in there. Messages describing repeated failure to disable the shield will continue for several decades, each sounding less and less positive. Eventually the Vault citizens will receive a message that attempts to disable the shield have been stopped and they will not be released from their Vault. There will be no further messages after this point.

Terrifying.

>Twin Vaults
Two Towns, long rivals in sports, academics and just about everything else. Vault Tec comes in and builds a Vault in each town, actually manages to swindle both towns into investing a lot into their own vaults to out do the other town (think Springfield monorail).
After bombs drop and vaults close they actually put both in contact with one another and tell them that because one side didnt invest enough they had to use connect the water system of Vault A and the Power System of Vault B to the other. They are then informed that they are reliant on the other vault providing their specified resource in order to survive. Overseers are given the ability to "interrupt" the provision of said resource to their own vault and are meant to meassure the effects of relying on a hostile second group for survival.

power in the end holds the key to both vaults.

without power it is unlikely the water vault can purify water.

I legit laughed at this one.

Does anyone have the Christmas vault one?

>1000 infants
>All males
>Robotic Caretakers
>Cloning Labs
>Study the concepts of sex, gender, and masculinity from a society free of women

>Two vaults secretly connected by an underground tunnel

Vault A:
>Overstocked armory
>No lock provided
>Inhabitants selected by propensity for anger
>Nothing but violent games, movies, and other media

Vault B:
>Cuck paradise
>No armory
>No security force
>Inhabitants selected by propensity to be calm
>Only peaceful media

After 50 years, the tunnel suddenly opens up for both sides.

Despite everyone's expectations, both societies peacefully merge, leave their vaults and build prosperous community.

>Not one person here has told OP to reference The esteemed Alchestbreach or his famous Al-Team.
>MFW
Seriously? What the fuck guys! Al's a bloody fallout legend these days! Even the shoddycast knew to reference him

But I do like this idea
I'm stealing it for my game

Enlighten me?

Alchestbreach, a YouTuber famed for his fallout3/NV/4 playthrough/mod reviews. His passions involve killing radios, killing business radroaches, sending his newborn child back in time inside a robot, killing children when they annoy him, telling Caesar and his assassins to "go suck a dick" before he proceeds to "bash (their) heads in like a bag of fucking carrots", and much more. He is known throughout the wasteland as being a crazy, NCR supporting son of a bitch, and is a proud supporter of GooGoo bars ("GooGoo Bars! We'll burn your house down"). OH! And he also hunted down and killed Osama Bin Brahmin!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I7gzg1uNJ5s
It's one his older montages, but it's still amazing.

Must be one of them liberal vaults.

Or not liberal ENOUGH!

>w-why aren't you putting this e-celeb in your game?

Because this is Veeky Forums, not /oncology/, and cancer isn't welcome here

>Al's a bloody fallout legend these days!

This is what newfag kids actually believe.