Infinity General: Murderous Mercenary Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale skirmish game by Corvus Belli and an upcoming RPG by Modiphus where fun and tactical play meets the best models in the industry.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>New Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity 1st edition Rulebook.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity - Corvus Belli S.L.L. - Human Sphere.pdf

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread:

Every faction is the good guys and every faction is the bad guys depending on how you play it and your point of views.

I really like how Infinity fluff feels real, and gives you people, characters and situations you can empathize with.

What are your favorite lists with bikes?

I play my NCA as super nationalistic millitary police, that keep on messing up their missions that they've probably done more to foster peace within the sphere than the damage they're trying to do.

So Team America?

Pretty hilarious.

I'm tired of being wrecked by these beezees.

Made a dumb list for USAriadna that runs max amount of Mavericks and Desperados.

Not much to do for objectives, but it's funny to race around the table and cover it in smoke.

Best usa list is max hard cases and max foxtrot, with infiltratin grunts for maximum camo fuckery

But that's not nearly enough bikes.

U want bikes go kebab

Kebab bikes no C. Eastwood, kurwa.

But that's not nearly enough AMERICA.

Is it something like this?
That looks hilarious.

Heh, got it just right there, user.

Did a similar list with Haqqislam. Halqa with all the Kum I could handle so everything got to the middle or more early.

Halqa sectorial when?

Khanate never, user.

Whoop.

fuck me those Kauuri are disappointing

those stingrays look pretty hype

Foxtrot is shit, what a surprise.

The TAGs look fantastic. Wu Ming look good too, though some of the poses are overused. I wish the Foxtrot had an overused pose, because overused is better than whatever the fuck is going on there.

I'll see what Kaauri look like when they aren't painted bright cyan before passing my final judgement, but they look like dogshit there. Especially the one with that tactical fistpump that doesn't suit the model at all.

We've known that for a while.
Girls gonna girl lean.

does this mean they are both going to be in the same box? if so, I ain't playing with the uhlan.

>june releases
>Achilles
but that nigga's been out since christmas

I think so. It's unfortunate and I'm not sure it's a wise move on CB's part. It seems that a lot of people want one and not the other, so they're either going to split the box with someone else or refrain from buying them entirely, and both those actions mean less profit for CB. They could probably even make us pay more per model by boxing them separately.

I don't want the tilikbalangaglanga, are you from Australia? Maybe we could do a split box.

Yeah, apparently. And I feel the same. Tikbalang is great, Uhlan is meh and you'd only ever take one.

Love those TAGs. Dat Brad Pitt

What's the latest news on the rpg? I've only been halfway paying attention to it lately, due to RL stuff, and I'm curious what we're looking at so far.

Have a dog warrior I hope to play in it in exchange.

I suspect around 50% of RPG characters will be dog warriors.

furries, sigh

Im a massive furry and I want to play as some kind of PanO religious spec ops

I'm not a furry, I just like werewolves. And not in a sexual war; werewolves are not for sexual, they are for rip and tear.

TIK NOW

>June releases
>Won't be available until at least late July

if you want to be real pano you should play a "white" caucasian.

I don't understand this meme

Fuck that.

I want to be an efficient operative of ALEPH. Removing Nomads six times per movement, and twice on the astral plane.

is that a Voltron reference?

That machinery looks like it'd be a lot more suitable for, say, welding up a motorcycle frame than cyborg maintenance.

Maybe she's about to be turned into a motorcycle.

It's an /int/ meme, where black faced Argentinian insists that Argentina is white. I guess the blue and white in the flag (and the fact that South America is indeed PanO country in the fluff) was enough.

They semi-regularly release snippets. Last one was vehicles general rules.

Is the Mercenary faction playable on their own?

No, or at least not yet

Damn, my plan to run a game about Ariadnans trying to assassinate the ruler of space Venice will have to go on hold

>DOGE WARRIORS

a doge soldier, if you will

>wow
>much spectral visor

Qapu Khalki is basically Mercenaries, you can use most of the merc models.

Kauuri look good, but I thought they were S1. These look HUGE.

It didn't start that way, but that's how it ended up.

Yeah, they could easily pass as S2, even a rather small one.

I don't see a difference lol.

Personally I am getting the Uhlan for my NCA, and the Tik looks so awesome I am going to get some Bagh Mari to play it in ASA.

So they made extra money off of me at least.

>s1 kauuri bigger than some factions HI

there is no scale creep in infinity amirite

nothing wrong with the nomad starter :^)

Why does everyone keep asking this?

I think they only look huge in the pic. It would be nice if they stood beneath a normal model or something. Actually if you look at the railing on the pic you realize that they're pretty short in comparison. The railing should reach about to the wrist of a regular s2 model.

Looking at their bases in the group shot they look zoomed in on.

When I get home tonight I'll photoshop them down to scale.

Once they are zoomed out, it looks like they'd be shoulder high to the wu ming, which would be about right for S1

Spotted the Corregidorian.

I like how the horns give them a connextion to the tohaa but they still manage to look alien.

The tohaa are building up quite a confederation of exalted.

That foxtrot makes me want to throw my USARF away. Pose looks like trash. Thankfully it's the least usefull profile. Pisses me off that marauders and mavericks still need boxes, and CB is trying to pull this shit, as if the Devil Dogs wasnt bad enough.

Tikbalang is fantastic though.

CB probably googled 'girls shooting' when looking for a pose...

>two versions of Achilles before a single vedic character

Kill me.

Fuck these continentals and their obsession with the Iliad.

Did they copy Scyllas pose?

I wonder if it is an upper body strength/center of balance thing.

I would take that pose over the foxtrot any day. She has a good line of action from every angle. There's sense of balance, and visually looks cool.

The foxtrot only looks good from 1 angle: the only angle in all of their photo scenes. She's leaning back plus forward like she's peeking around a corner. Just plain looks stupid.

Yeah, looks like they copied her body. At least scylla is in a hacking pose

Go away kanluwen, nobody likes you.

>tfw want to buy Operation Icestorm and get into playing Infinity
>live on an island with only one FLGS
>no one is even remotely interested in it

Life is suffering.

Anyone have a quick rundown of what changed in HSN3? Been following closely up until a month or two ago and haven't been able to read the book itself yet

Get O:I and ask people to play demos with you. I've gotten a bunch of people hooked once the realized how cool the game plays.

IDK why some idiots freak out when their spec-ops space team is smaller than regular dudes. Of course Wildcats are going to be smaller than the average, they have to sneak around spaceship vents. Those things ain't large.

More links for everyone.
Links don't break at 2 members, its called duo and gives no benefits.
New hacking devices, killer and EVO.
New weapons and equipment.
New Profiles.
Lot more links with members from multiple units.
+3 Wip discover now 5 man bonus.

PAN OCEANIA IS WHIIIIIITE

Guys I can't acces rulebook right now. If my Moran goes unconscious, can I use his repeater? Any rules quotes?

If I knew at least someone was at least somewhat interested I'd put out the money, but I can't spend money on "maybes" at the moment, sadly.

Maybe after summer...

>learning Infinity with a guy at my FLGS
>play first non-demo game
>150 pts, Pan-O vs. Haqq
>bloody as shit
>lasiq sniper puts four wounds on an ORC trooper, then gets flanked by a fusilier
>father knight blows away al hawwa' hacker in shotgun duel, then gets shredded by janissary
>doctors on both sides have their hands full
>until they both break cover and die to long-distance reaction fire
>agree to disregard retreat rules, the bloodthirst is real
>comes down to my last ghulam and his last fusilier
>jockey for position for two turns
>eventually he blows my guy away
>last man standing has 4 kills, goes home with a backpack full of medals and a wheelbarrow full of teammates

I am very into this game. Can't wait to play a full 300 pointer, Tarik's gonna hit the board like a ton of bricks.

>links don't break at two

>tohaa face when

Any link changes to Ariadna?

>Ariadna
>Link
wut?

USARF and MRRF remain unchanged. But CHA has a ton of new link options and compositions

What are the new CHA options?

Mormaers and Wulvers gained Haris options.
A single grey rifle can join volunteer or mormaer links.
Scots guard gain duo options and a FO profile.

Greys can Core with volunteers/isobel or Haris with 2 Momaers.

Mormaers gain a haris option

Scots Guard gain a few of Duo options

Willace is the same.

Just check Army6 (which is an android app now).

>B5 AP HMG/ B4 T2 rifle Haris link backing up my Scotsguard link with FOs now

So I can have a grey rifle join with a mormaer Haris link?

a haris of 2 mormaers and 1 grey rifle

No. I have seen plenty of women shoot without that retarded ass stance.

Yup.
T2 mormaer, AP HMG Mormaer, and T2 Boarding Shotty Grey make a helluva Haris.

How much of an asshole would I be if I fielded an army like this.

>Willace is the same.

I'm not particularly intimidated

Thought it would be annoying to go against, just a bunch of crunchy units with a surpise tacbot

There's no way to field those Kaauri Sentinels in a Combined Army is there?
>tfw you like only half of the tohaa units
>those units are mostly guys with animals or the ectoros

No, he is in a null state and his equipment stops working.

Where?

The game really gets good at 10-15 models per side.

I really enjoy the ITS scenarios too, creates lots of tough decisions.

Looks fine.

There arm't many lists outside of true camo spam or 30 plus models that I get disgusted by, and those for being annoying rather than power levels.

Not a chance. Their fluff is they were specifically bioengineered to kill Shas.

Just field those units.

They will probably be an Exalted Sectorial down the road too.

The tacbot won't be a surprise though because your opponent will see 9 orders.

Drop a point, take a mulbot, and put the tacbot in group 2. Get one of your dudes killed, move him to group one with a CT and then enjoy the look on your opponents face.

Meh. I retain my sentiment that people binding themselves to 5 member Core links seriously restricts their list building, and in game options. Particularly if you're aiming for an optimised 1 combat group list. People get blinders about that +3 BS. Sure it's powerful, but it sure does tie your hands...

>30 plus models
This is seriously a thing people run?