/5eg/ - Cute Girls Playing Cute Heroes Edition

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>June 2016 Survey
dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/june-2016-dd-survey

Old thread:Not including homebrew, what is your favorite setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/17kLv0WSaM9Stq5jw6vFw4YvwkCWNm3d3WmeEXKTQw3s/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1XovWm65MSmIzQWSMDMXo0_aIpZgq9YSa2KkpO3kThS4/edit#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Not including homebrew, what is your favorite setting?
Points of Light.

Eberron always been my fav for going past the medieval stasis Tolkien D&D style. Honestly its "Anything but Forgotten Realms" though

Spelljammer. Always Spelljammer.

Reposting from the old thread:

Can someone explain some of the possible strange card readings in CoS?

Some of the potential allies are really powerful and knowledgeable, but others like Stella Wachter are just useless in all ways possible. What could a commoner without power or great knowledge of Barovia/Strahd do to help the party? You would just invite them to their death.

Will characters who are not chosen by the card reading still join the party? The book says Ezmerelda D'Avenir for example will join the party if they tell her about their goal of defeating Strahd. But what then is difference of her card being drawn or another card?

Also what is the party supposed to do when their ally only joins them after they found all of the items from the card readings, when one or more of these items is in Ravenloft?

I like CoS a lot. I played a warlock who's patron was Strahd. It led to a complicated relationship with the party.

Tell me more about it. I'm running CoS soon and one of the PCs is also a Warlock with Strahd as his patron, and I'm still unsure where to take this.

>>Spelljammer content when?
>>They havent even done Greyhawk yet
>>"Whats that you want to eat more of Ed Greenwoods steaming piles of Realms?"
>>FFFUUUUUUCCCC....

Running PotA and a monk found claws of the umber hulk "you can use the claw as a melee weapon while wearing it and it deals 1d8 slashing damage on hit" can the monk use these or nah?

It probably wouldnt mess up the game at all and 1D8 isnt that high compared to the damage he will get eventually

I would allow it. But keep in mind that the attacks of flurry of blows are always unarmed attacks.

personally, anything fist related is fine in my book, but that was old editions.
really it depends on their level though. obviously you're not giving this to a level 1 character, but it does make their damage comparable to a 11th level monk, but even if they're level 5, thats not a huge upgrade, and it wouldn't apply to their flurry attacks

What race/classes are they playing?

>comic sans
REEEEEEE

>D20 of DOOOOOOM

How do you guys feel about Warforged? I've been thinking about playing a barbarian who wants to be a real boy.

As I recall, the only one put out was an early draft in UA that was, quite frankly, fairly disappointing. Has something better come out since then?

Generally I dislike them... but generally people come to me wanting to play mega death killing machine robots. Yours sounds considerably less blatant android-power-fantasy so I'd probably give it a chance.

I want to have him not have an actual head or face and while the party sleeps he sculpts or paints one onto himself and inevitably goes into a rage if it gets damaged in battle.

Are warforged considered humanoids?

yo. How does this sound for a capstone ability?

One With Shadows
At 20th level, the shadowcasters connection to the shadowfell or plane of shadow alters their physical form into a denizen of the shadows. You gain the following features:
Damage resistances: You gain resistance to necrotic damage.
Shadow Walk: You gain advantage on a Dexterity (stealth) checks if you move no more than half your speed on the same turn
Sunlight Sensitivity: While in sunlight, the shadowcaster has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
Life's Twilight: When a humanoid would be reduced to 0 hit points by the cantrip Arrow of Dusk, it dies, and an undead shadow rises from its corpse and acts immediately after the shadowcaster in the initiative count. The shadow is under the shadowcaster's control.

Well considering most capstones are fucking shit, it seems to fit in.

You are giving someone disadvantage on attack rolls while in sunlight for their capstone ability? I'd probably rather not have that ability at all.

How long does the shadow last, and how many can you control?

That's adorable

permanent.

its a shadowcaster, they can cast darkness whenever they want and can see through it.

lol'd, awesome.

oh, and as many as you can get. can get ridiculous but whatever, that's the DMs problem.

The phrase, "Whatever, that's the DM's problem." Is potentially indicative of balance issues.

alright, so i set a restriction of 1 shadow? Sounds better? Idk, Shadows are CR 1/2 creatures.. but the potential of creating more shadows does seem like it can get a bit overpowered. Thoughts?

I mean, its not as bad as a necromancer using all spell slots for animate dead. THAT can get ridiculous.

The real problem is that it's not only shit, but gives you a negative

Necrotic damage is rare, who fucking cares about stealth at lvl 20 with Invisibility, thanks for the fuck you have disadvantage for 90% of the adventuring day, and either the player never uses it or they go and slaughter a couple of villages and ruins your game with 20000 shadows

Which class is this even for? There is already a shadow sorcerer from UA

Thanks for the feedback. So to improve on it, I remove the negative, set a restriction on the shadow spawning ability, aaaand... what else can I do?

Nobody cares about stealth at lvl 20, youre right, necrotic damage is rare, again youre right, but both were thematically appropriate.

Also I got it off the template for the shitty shadow dragon. Explains things, eh?

docs.google.com/document/d/17kLv0WSaM9Stq5jw6vFw4YvwkCWNm3d3WmeEXKTQw3s/edit?usp=sharing

trying to make a port of the 3.5 shadowcaster into 5e. Copied the warlocks spell progression because it was the most similar to the 3.5 shadowcasters spell uses and changed the prestige classes into archetypes.

I still need to type out invocations and the spell list.

Just post the whole class. A monster template =/= a class feature/archetype

Note how the shadow dragons get to Hide as a bonus action, get resistance to everything except force or radiant in shadows, and on top of that is a DRAGON
I think the simplest thing to do would be to make it a warlock archetype. And to remember the shadow sorc UA is there as well

See Ah yeah, I hadnt actually read the bonus action hide on shadowdragons, only copied the template itself. Fair points.

It's hard mode, with weird card readings. In my Strahd game, I'm considering having the ally(zuleika) and Ezmerala fall in combat.

why don't you just write a book then you fucking faggot

>DMing last night for some friends
>Friend brings along another guy who turns out to be that guy
Later that night
>You all go to the nearest tavern in the evening to rest from your long travels
>"Hey user, are there any prostitutes around?"
>...what?
>"Preferably one with huge tits. As big as my face."
>Um...after asking around you find that there are three women in a corner of the tavern who are prostitutes. And one of them has obnoxiously large boobs
>"I want that one!"
>You motion to her and she meekly follows you upstairs to a room
>She quietly asks you to get undressed
>You turn your back to her while you strip
>I need you to make a constitution saving throw
>"What?" *fails*
>You feel the poison seep through your body, freezing your muscles in place as your eyes get heavy and everything goes black
>You wake up an hour later naked, gagged, and tied spread eagle to the bed
>The woman reveals herself to be a priestess of Sarenrae
>She spends all night telling you about the good news of Sarenrae
>In the morning she takes the money you would have paid her and tells you that Sarenrae thanks him
>She leaves the room with you still tied up

Did I go too far?

Why not just fade to black?
Don't get me wrong, it's kinda funny, but why not just give the guy his imaginary roll in the hay with his imaginary Larkin Love?

>Larkin Love

Nice.

I figured the archetypes would make the class more distinct from the warlock, filling a niche that neither the warlock nor the sorcerer fill: Sneaky caster.

If a caster wants to be sneaky he casts Invisibility

A sneaky caster is just a caster that is sneaky, that means pump dex and get stealth proficiency, and if you're a bard expertise

Then cast invisibility, like said

Just make a shadow patron for the warlock and let the rest sort itself out

Sneaky caster feels like something that could be a subclass of any caster. The sorcerer and warlock fit best, but its still closer to subclass material.

Id rather not be an eldritch blast spammer.

Dont get me wrong, I understand where youre coming from, you are not wrong at all in your observations. I don't believe the warlock or sorcerer really capture the essence of the shadowcaster, though. I made a compromise with the warlocks spell progression as it is, mainly due to the 3.5 shadowcaster's progression being a fucking horrid excuse of a spellcasting ability. Unfortunately, supernatural and spell like abilities dont translate well into 5th edition, the closest is removing verbal and somatic components from spells, which is something that this class does innately, without having to spend sorcery points.

You could just give "pact of the shadow" a feature at level 1 that turns EB into that shadow arrow thing

I'm sorry but I really can't justify a brand new class just because the warlock isn't edgy enough, because literally all you're doing can be done with a subclass

What would be sufficient to make it worthy of its own class, then? This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

That shadow arrow thing is there to give the class something to fall back on, similar to eldritch blast but not actually worthwhile; the archetype abilities grant better action usage than casting that cantrip in particular, though certain mysteries can improve it to EB levels.

The Noctumancer archetype in particular is VERY different from anything available in the players handbook, and the other archetypes also grant different abilities instead of eldritch blast spam in exchange for the class' action. Would it be better to make those archetypes different pacts for the warlock as well, while losing the core of the class?

My brother!

Eberron. Every other game at the store I run my games in uses FR or a similar medieval fantasy setting, so I have fun breaking people's expectations with magical tech like light switches, elevators, etc.

I want to get into Dark Sun and I patiently await 5e material for it. I just got the 4e campaign setting book for it really cheap so I can study the setting more closely.

Arcane Trickster would have to spend an action to cast Mage Hand first and then take an extra bonus action to carry the healer's kit to the patient. Then finally they could spend a bonus action to use the kit.

Oh and if they were already using the Mage Hand, they would have to spend another bonus action to move the hand back to get the kit.

Meanwhile a Thief does nothing different then what they would do every other combat, and they are only out a single bonus action, and maybe a move, to do a spontaneous emergency heal.

So while Arcane Tricksters can TECHNICALLY use a bonus action to heal just like a Thief, they really really can't. Because it would take fewer actions to just walk over and use the kit normally.

Don't fall for that bait post.

It's bait, the topic has been done to death, just let it go

Hey guys I slapped together a Warcraft race guide. Most of the text is from the 3.5 World of Warcraft RPG book so it's all pre-BC information, I changed to I changed the High Elf entry into Blood Elf information but they're so easily switched I don't think it's too big of a deal. Some of the Racial Traits are just lifted from the 5e book with one or two extra's thrown in, others I came up with myself that felt sort of right and the goblin traits were taken from the 5e wiki Gremlin subrace.

I still need to include Worgens and Pandaren just for completions sake. Also some racial traits need to be edited or refined and spelling mistakes need to be fixed.

Someone last thread mentioned that the Forsaken racial traits seemed a bit underpowered so I upped the HD to 2 on canabalism, but I'm not sure if that's enough and maybe I should add another trait. I'm just drawing a blank on what that could be though

I'd appreciate it if you guys could take a look and tell me what's terrible, overpowered, or underpowered.

Out of the classes you have played, what class is your favorite? Which was your least favorite? If none of them were better than others, what completely original class would you want to play?

>Favorite
Going to have to say Fighter. It's bland but it was the only character to survive the entirety of the Starter Set whereas any spellcaster died like a little bitch.
>Least
Going to have to say Ranger, mostly because I went in with the idea of being Aragorn but every little thing required set up and he lagged behind everyone in pretty much everything.

No Draenei?

He had been annoying me all night doing randumb things

>Human Spirit
I guess it's not too much to buff nonvariant humans.
>Stoneform (Dwarves)
What? Why? They don't need to be buffed. Also, the terminology is wrong, an 'encounter' is not a valid duration in 5e.
>Escape Artist (Gnome)
Once again, unsure why you're buffing them. That ability is also very strong, even if only situationally.
>Nature Resistance (Night Elves)
Okay, I get it you're making a point to add an extra trait to everyone. Just make sure it's balanced between each of them. Personally, I think it's unnecessary and you should replace features instead, but whatever. I don't see how lightning is particularly...nature-ish since from my experience most things that deal lightning damage are arcane magic, but whatever.
>Orc Weapon Speciallizazion (sic)
Oh look, what I just mentioned became relevant. Why do some races get very good bonuses, and some that are nearly useless? Dwarven Armor helps out dwarves who are squishy classes like Warlock or Wizard. Elven Weapons help those with only simple weapon proficiency like many casters or rogues. This doesn't really help anything.
>Tauren
First, why do they get +2/+2? Be careful doling this out, only two PHB races get a total of +4 racials (discounting Variant Human since that +6 isn't that valuable in practice)
Horn weapons aren't OP, but take a look at the Minotaur in the Waterborne UA for better wording.
War Stomp needs rephrasing. It doesn't specify what sort of action it takes, and consider a Dexterity save to avoid tripping as opposed to Constitution, which implies they're just standing there like a tree.
Also the whole thing seems contrived. Once per day, they can magically stomp? And nobody else can?
>Troll
Again with the choosing ASI for a single race, don't go overboard with that.
Scrap Berserking. Needs clear wording, and remember that an encounter is not a valid duration for an ability.
Continuing on another post.

not commenting on the balance but if you haven't played WoW Stone Form, Escape Artist, and Nature Resistance are racial bonuses for Dwarves, Gnomes, and Nelves respectively. Lightning damage is included in nature resistance because Lightning attacks deal "nature" damage in WoW.

Personally I think instead of copying everything one to one it'd be better to just work similar benefits that work with 5e's rules instead of forcing WoW rules into 5e.

Are there any spells from 3.5 and/or 4e that you'd like to see in 5th?

Isaac's Missile Storm

Not bad, just a few things that jumped at me like "HD", the blood elves being OP (2 cantrips, one of which can be eldritch blast for free??), and the night elves being resistant to lightning

Can we get spells from earlier editions instead? I'd like to see Burning Sands and Summon Bee make a return.

So, I'm trying to work on my homebrewing skills and, so far, I've got a bunch of races and some new Arcane Traditions for the wizard. I could really use some feedback on them all, but I'm particularly worried about the class efforts.

docs.google.com/document/d/1XovWm65MSmIzQWSMDMXo0_aIpZgq9YSa2KkpO3kThS4/edit#

Any comments appreciated.

Regeneration needs a rewrite as well. The first bit is incomprehensible. Do you have 2 additional hit dice? Do you regain 2 additional hit points per die spent during a short rest? Or do you regain 2 additional spent hit dice on a long rest?
The second part of that ability is fine as a ribbon, but needs to be reworded clearly.
Rephrase Troll Weapon Training and list out the weapons, or say "weapons with the thrown property"
>Forsaken
Canabalism (sic) is very vague, again. Do you mean spend two hit dice, or regain hip points as if you had spent two hit dice?
Will of the Forsaken needs rewording. See Fey Ancestry. Something like "Advantage on saving throws against being charmed or frightened, and immune to magical sleep."
State of Undeath needs rewording, see elves' Trance and the Living Construct ability in the Eberron UA for better wording.
>Blood Elf
Not broken, but a bit oversaturated. Just nip out the 4th language (You have it as one of choice from the trait, and then common, thalassian, and orcish under Languages) and limit the free cantrip to only one spell list.
>Goblin
Nimble Escape is clunky. Consider changing it, but be wary of making it stronger without nerfing something else. You might make it disengage as a bonus action, for instance.
Silver Tongue seems like it could be unfitting. Others are suspicious of the little buggers, so why are they all good at convincing them of things?
Tinkery things don't seem to be good for combat, which is a good thing. It's an alright ribbon for contrasting with the gnomes. Full approval on that, besides maybe clarifying the sentence structure some.
Almost Fire Proof is stuck inside the Blast Orb block of text. Also, there's a copy of Nimble Escape stuck inside the Speed text.

How strong are PCs in comparison with 3.5/Pathfinder?

my players are about 1-2 sessions from completing LMoP. They saved Gundren and were promised the 10% stake in the mine after they clear it out and end the whole black spider mess.

my question is, how much should that 10% be? I'll try to convince them to roll it into the manor and live there with he money for their next adventures, but they left the nothic and arent too keen on returning or dealing with him.

Here, this is a better blood elf
Ability scores:
Charisma increased by 2, strength decreased by 1
Prissy: you have disadvantage on intimidation checks
You don't belong here: you have disadvantage in all persuasion checks with members of the horde except forsaken
There are too fucking many of you: when you drop to 0 hit points you do not get saving throws, but instantly die instead, an exact copy of you will show up with a slightly changed name and another faggy hair color next short rest anyway
Magic whore: you must give a fey or fiend creature a blowjob (you must swallow) once per long rest or else you die

Maw of Chaos

>not letting him fuck the huge titty girl

It's what drunken men in those times did, wow it's like you hate fun and roleplay.

I feel like they're about the same. Only that a lot of the high-powered spells have been cut or modified. There are barely any save-or-suck/die spells left.

Some players are like that, you should have just let him fuck medieval Siri

The sad realization that he'll never be able to pull tail of that quality and has to pay to get some even in a pretend game should be enough punishment

Mul shouldn't have both ignoring a level of exhaustion AND two exhaustion levels lost when resting, just stick with ignores first exhaustion. I don't know why they are known for their fortitude but only get +1 Con and +2 strength, switch those. Also I'm not sure about both advantage on saves and resistance, pick just resistance.

Thri-Kreen: No no no no advantage on stealth checks, that is beyond overpowered. If you want them to be stealthy just give them the stealth skill. The rest are fine I guess.

Catfolk: I assume low light vision is a typo for dark vision, and no no no advantage on all Dex saves. If you want to make that the only thing they have give them proficiency in Dex saves that is powerful enough. And it balances itself out cause classes that use Dex tend to have Dex Saves anyways, so it's kind of redundant unless in special cases

Gnoll: Again just resistance is fine, I don't know how swapping a bite for unarmed would work, but that's fine I guess. For damage get rid of the extra attack just give the movement that's more than enough.

Shade-Kai: get rid of the extra stuff after the teleport and we are good, you can double the range and make it long rest too, there is a race or elves that already have misty step bonus action. You can make it a short rest but make it like the shadow step where they need to be in the dark, and moving to dark.

Android cause not reading through all those sub races: this is pretty much a better warforged, which is fine cause I think the war forge is just a tad underpowered, get rid of the nanite selection thing though they are fine without either of those.

Lamia: The grappling restriction based on size is not actually a rule, so swap that for something. I'm not sure why you are giving a half lion thin grappling. If you are referring to the half snake lady that is called a Marilith and good luck balancing that into a character. Overall I think you should focus on making something underpowered and givingit a bump.

>medieval Siri
my nigga

Bumpin' for feedback

ALSO. How good is the beastmaster archetype?

ALSO ALSO. How is this for a shadow elemental?

Large Shadow Elemental
Armor Class 15
Hit Points: 12d10+24
Speed: Fly 50 ft. (hover)
STR10
DEX20
CON14
INT6
WIS10
CHA10
Damage Vulnerabilities: Radiant
Damage Resistances: cold, necrotic,
physical from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities: poison
Condition Immunities: exhaustion, grappled,
paralyzed,petrified, poisoned, prone,
restrained, unconscious
Senses: blindsight 60 ft.
Languages: primordial
Incorporeal Movement: The elemental can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain.
Actions.
Multiattack: Elemental makes 2 slam attacks
Slam: Melee +9, 1d8+5 slashing + 1d8 cold
Shadow Mastery: while elemental and its
target are in area of dim light or darkness,
it has advantage on attack rolls. If elemental is in bright light, it has disadvantage on attack rolls.
Dusk and Dawn: As action, elemental can reduce light level in 30 ft. radius down to dim light

See

I'll take a look at it once I get home in a couple hours. In the meantime, what is the shadowcaster supposed to do? What are you trying to accomplish with it? How did it use to work?

I know that feel. My warlock in OotA is now openly giving praise to Baphomet thanks to a mixture of different madness's. I think if this wasn't an AL sanctioned game the party would have seriously considered offing me by now. Or at the very least the paladin would have and the rest of the party would just sorta let it happen. Thankfully my character is best friends with the cleric so now if I die I can be brought back to life.

>Human warlock in OotA
>Goliath fighter in a separate OotA
>Half-elf Sorcerer in a now concluded LMoP and is now sorta just jumping between random adventures.

Considering making a halfing bard or tiefling druid next.

>MFW I realise I misread "they" as "you".

I feel like a dunce now.

Caiphon's Abominable Melody.

Mul - Because the "incredible stamina" aspect is being covered by their racial features.

Thri-Kreen - Chameleon Carapace is literally lifted from their Monster Manual entry.

Gnoll - Again, Rampage is lifted from their Monster Manual entry.

Shadar-Kai - Shadowform is based on their 4e racial power, and the idea is that they can turn into shadows rather than stepping between shadows.

Lamia - Actually, I'm referring to the half-snake half-woman which is how Lamias are depicted in most media that isn't D&D. D&D is the only setting to use that name for a half-lioness. It specifically refers to a watered down version of the Lamia Noble from Pathfinder, called the Lamia Commoner, that appeared in Kobold Quarterly.

So, anyone else have any comments on this material? I'm grateful for the feedback, and I really need all the help I can get.

Also... can anyone give me a hand with naming a race? I want to come up with a word that could believably translate as "Eater(s) of Vile Things" to rename the Cannibal Calibans; anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks for the input I'm making corrections and rewording some stuff right now.

For the Troll regeneration I meant for the ability to act as the charcter has 2 additional hit dice in their pool to spend during a short rest.

This doesn't raise their maximum hp just gives them the ability to heal more than a normal character would.

For the goblins although other races are suspicious of them they're still incredibly gifted merchants and negotiators. They can pretty much cut a deal with anyone/thing.

With War Stomp I didn't want it to be something that could be used multiple times a day. Originally it was going to stun creatures but that seemed way to overpowered even once a day.
Still need to add them and Worgen, I'm thinking the Dranei might just be a reskinned Aasimar

It used to be an edgy as fuck shadow-wizard with a funky spell progression and custom spell list whose spells became spell-like then supernatural abilities usable multiple times per day. The real meat of the class was in its prestige classes, which each did something different. I used archetypes/subclasses to emulate three of those prestige classes:
Master of shadows, basically a beastmaster with a shadow elemental as a pet with full casting progression
Noctumancer, a shadowcaster/theurge anticaster that specialized in hijacking other spells via dispel magic or counterspells
Shadowblade, a sudden strike skirmisher that could buff his weapon and attacks with random shit.

hi guys

so my friend invited me to his D&D 5e group a while back, and there's a fairly cute girl there, 6/10 I would say, she's kinda curvy but not fat, just a bit thick. She's new to D&D and is playing an elf rogue my friend helped her make. My friend has a girlfriend though, and this girl does not have a boyfriend as far as I can tell (I looked through her Facebook photos and did not see a pic of her with a man besides her brother) so I am thinking of trying to ask her out. I am curious if I could hint at her in-character to see if she responds well to it? The character I made is a human ranger so I think we would go well together, it's not like I played something disgusting like a dwarf that can't mate with elves. So I am thinking... if our characters fuck in the game, she might be more open to fucking in real life? I dunno. I appreciate any advice you may have on this matter, Veeky Forums

just ask her out IRL, dont be THAT GUY by making moves on her character.

Sorry, I forgot to complete my post.

Mul - +2 Strength and +1 Constitution is actually their traditional "positive modifier" from the AD&D Dark Sun (Revised) corebook. Also, removing two levels of exhaustion per rest better reflects the "they need less sleep before they can get back to work" aspect of them. It doesn't really have a lot of effect unless you're playing a Berserker Barbarian, to my knowledge. Also, Muls are half-dwarves and Dwarven Resilience is literally taken right from the Dwarf write-up in the PHB.

Thri-Kreen - I don't really know if that's overpowered or not, but I'm not really sold on keeping Chameleon Carapace anyway. I just want to get some more feedback first since, y'know, it's what the MM gives them.

Catfolk - I based the stats on their Pathfinder racial writeup, so that's why they got Low Light Vision. And if the Dex Save Advantage is too overpowered, then just Proficiency is acceptable to me.

Gnoll - It feels more thematic to me to have Poison Resistance and protection against disease, honestly. And Rampage working as it does in the MM honestly feels fine to me.

>Also I'm not sure about both advantage on saves and resistance, pick just resistance.
Without reading what you're replying to, if this is Poison, that's exactly what the dwarf racial does. Advantage on saves and resistance against damage vs poison.

Never played Spelljammer but the concept sounds fun as hell. I'd love to combine it with Eberron and have a space race campaign.

They're referring to the Dwarven Resilience feature I've given my drafted up 5e Muls, which as I said before I took right from the Dwarf racial write up in the PHB.

Actually reading the rest of your feedback, your feedback is shit.

They barely get a paragraph in the Eberron UA and they're a bit underwhelming desu, but they're still my favorite race to play as, especially if you like exploring the classic "What measure is a man?" robot tropes, which it sounds like you do.

I recommend reading the Eberron supplements for more Warforged goodness.

They're Living Constructs, so yes. The only things they aren't affected by are things like sleep, suffocation, thirst, etc.

Eberron upsets the cosmic balance of things among other settings...and the Githyanki and the Githzeri of the greater wheel and space both think their origins as it relates to that world are twisted and wrong.

Eberron is a secret, guarded and hidden by Astral Skiffs patrolling the flow and the outer rim of that world's crystal sphere.

Should the ideas of this land break into the wider space it could upset the balance of things. Though the world boasts few great and surpassing magical powers, their methods and culture of industry could change the shape of the known spheres.

Imagine what the Iron Dukes could do should they acquire a Creche Forge and one to operate it? Or the Imperial Elven Navy for that matter?

And beyond that, so heavily mooned a world ripe with industry and those filthy and bestial shifters? Why the Vodyoni Empire would try to invade just to snap up so fascinating a world.

Should that world in the Sphere of Three Dragons become widely known, a balance could tip as we sit upon the cusp of yet another Unhuman War.

How does my wizard PC from Halruaa reestablish the Netherese Empire, /5eg/?

Magic. duh. Unless youre a shitty wizard, if so then

>stronghold
>merchant caravans
+time
>bustling city with a trade empire

but everything is better with magic. so do that.

myth drannor

Just because it's in the monster manual doesn't mean it's balanced for players. Players have many many abilities that make them strong, so they have to start from humble beginnings. I don't know if advantage on stealth checks would keep it balanced. Why would I pick any other class as a rogue and not get advantage on stealth checks.

>magic

Well, yeah. I've never played a wizard before, tho. It's my first time, so I'm a little nervous.

Rolling up a V.Human Monk, planning on him being a Sun Soul. Want to have a bit more options, so I'm taking Magic Initiate. Which Cleric or Druid spells should I take? I was thinking Light, Sacred Flame, and Guiding Bolt. Anyone have better ideas?

I'd suggest against Sacred Flame, since you'll have hadokens to fill in about as well.

Some extra utility rather than blasting wouldn't be amiss. Shield of Faith stays pretty useful, or Healing Word if you want that sort of thing.