Why are Birdpeople underrepresented as a race in Traditional Games?

Why are Birdpeople underrepresented as a race in Traditional Games?

I dont know it is a real travesty. They seem to me like the least yiffy of all the hybrid races.

so its like other beast races and furfags ruined them for everyone?

Because having empty bones doesn't bode well for the average adventurer and even if they'd still be able to fly everyone could do that with magic, if we're talking about usual fantasy stuff.

>Small brains, don't even have cortex wrinkles, you're talking like 4 intelligence tops
>Hollow bones, man, thats like a huge Con penalty right there. Extra 5 damage from all bludgeoning sources.
>Smell bad, crap everywhere

Yeah, birds suck.

Cause RPGs are all about walking.

I think so man. Also Judging from the rest of the responses general dislike. I'm down with birdbro's though.

Rolled 10 (1d20)

This is one of the answers i might accept.

Of course you could say your race lost their ability to fly because Evolution.

Then again, Wizards and bullshit spells are a thing.

How useful is flying in classic dungeon crawling anyway?

Rolled 3 (1d20)

What are you even rolling, Friendo?

Pretty good for avoiding traps and combat. But a lot of races that fly ive seen either have to build up to it or it's gimped. Either way I would say it keeps pace with wizard fuckery.

Nothin at all just ah rollin.

Rolled 9 (1d20)

hey im fine with you bumping my thread with art

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Birdfolk powa

With or without wings, that is the question.

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Slightly edgy birdfolk reporting!

Either way works I say. Used to love the avian races from MtG.

>Not knowing shit about how bird bones work.
I expected better from you, Veeky Forums.

they're much cooler with wings imo. if you have a whfb "empire" type alliance between the races they make cool scouts and aerial soldiers

Rolled 10 (1d20)

Would Owlbears be like their retarded cousins?

Tell me about these birdpeople.

If I shot their wings, would they still fly so good?

They're big guys.

Hollow bones.

More like mutated-retarded cousins. How about terror birds?

Seven vaganias.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>least yiffy
Think I found the answer

Faithful attack dog type deal? They often frequent the bases of the birdfolk treetop city's.

dunno , maybe implementing a natural flight ability could cause problems in racial balance , or really hard to justify in game.

and without flight ability , they might lose a lot of what would define them.
i could see them being more similiar to emus and ostriches in anthropomorphised shape , but they would kinda lack a natural niche or something.
not saying i wont try some birb folk once , maybe give them more scouting and dex related traits instead of combat related ones

Rolled 2 (1d20)

>Small brains, don't even have cortex wrinkles
yet crows are highly intelligent.
Stop thinking only mamalian brains are effective

Yes just like some Dinosaurs. doesnt make them fragile.

i mean look at Also there are other "weaker" races like gnomes and halflings. Thats not really an excuse. Especially for magic users or dex-classes.

That would be cool make them quick as fuck and road runner like features.(not the cartoon but the real bird.)

Terror bird Calvary would be epic as fuck bruh.

Wings but no arms, or wings that have hands but not allow them to actually fly

if birds are so smart, how come they shit on my windshield and not in toilets?

checkmate

guys , i am pretty sure he was baiting.

Birds are assholes.

If I could, I'd shit on your windshield too

So are humans, but we play as them all the time.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

FurryTgquestschan says differently.

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Birds brains are actually extremely powerful for their size. Crows and ravens in particular are smarter than chimpanzees and dolphins. Their bones are also not really weaker than those of mammals of the same size, since they have a honeycombed structure that makes them lighter without major loss of structural integrity.

Interestingly, the hollow bones and air sacks in them aren't actually evolved for flight. Birds had them back when they were still called dinosaurs, and they're a major factor in allowing dinosaurs to grow far larger than any land-dwelling mammal. It just turns out the same adaptions can also be repurposed for flight.

show me a species that isnt

We are so deep in Social Justice that people demand "representation" of races that don't exist.
You should turn off the computer for a while and reflect on whether you have any real problems.

Here's a better question: Why wouldn't they be underrepresented as a race?

You just got shit taste in races bruh, just accept it.

Rolled 18 (1d20)

daw

They are the only beast race playable in the newest edition of the most widespread roleplaying game, and have been a constant through the most well known card game as well. How is this "underrepresented"?

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Useful enough that the bird race of 5e are banned from organised play

Not that guy, but There's a live pigeon trapped in my chimney, slowly dying from dehydration and fatigue from it's constant escape attempts as it batters itself futilely against the walls trying to get an impossible angle from which it can fly straight vertically up and out of the shaft.

There are probably about six or seven other dead pigeons in there, maybe more, the fireplace is bricked up.

They usually live for three nights or so, at least before the noises stop.

I can't stop thinking about it because I'm sort of trapped indoors too; hayfever and social phobia being a killing combination; you're nervous, agitated, even outright paranoid, and your eyes itch and your nose runs and you hack and cough between every word.

I can't go outside, but staying here listening to an animal's death throes is hell.

Rolled 14 (1d20)

I uh

I'm not sure how this pertains to fantasy races user

It's ok user just breath and imagine their death throes as a sweet dirge that you too will sing soon.

this is how psychopaths are born

I feel I should play a tengu soon, I've played so many reptilian races lately that it's starting to become a running joke with my group.

I think we should be asking why we don't shit on the windshields of our enemies instead.

Sounds like birds have us outplayed there

Do it breh.What type of Tengu would you do?

Not sure, ravens look pretty cool but eagles and hawks are also nice.

But I'd probably go with Bearded Vulture. I think they look pretty cool and it's interesting that they wear red clay as makeup, staining their head feathers red. Whoever's the most magnificently red gets laid. I feel there's interesting cultural notes in there.

I like playing visually nonhuman races, be they animal people or fully original fantasy races, because I like playing around with the differences in culture and instinctive responses, makes them more interesting to play in my opinion.

sounds pretty neat maybe throw some native american flavor. Go ranger and track/slay the shit outta some stuff!

Bone density?

I dreamed last night a bird was swooping in to attack me so I punched it to death

Psychoanalyze me pls

It thought you were a cracker. which you are and you were fighting for your white privilege user.

Last night I imagined I was cuddling and talked out loud to the darkness about how much I loved that person, and held a mostly muffled monologue about how I felt like nothing was wong in the world and how I'd like that moment to go on forever.

Psychoanalize me

Yeah that could work, or maybe a shaman angle, ritual 'facepaint' with the crest makeup and such. Full up on characters right now but I'll remember and give him a spin sometime.

May I have the strength to not made his backstory and culture too magical realmy.

Godspeed user Godspeed.

Because they know that it annoys you.
That's literally it. Having handled birds of all sorts for literally my entire life, I can safely say that they are all, without a single exception, trolls.
If you want them to not chew on something, they'll pick up on that fact and double down on their chewing effort. Food intended for other birds (Or dogs, or humans) is more desirable to them, entirely because it's pilfered. They poop on opportunity targets because they know that what they poop on doesn't want to be pooped on.

Because aside from harpies people like them only slightly more than they do reverse centaur.

Holy shit, boy-o

Would birdfolk culture and mannerisms be sort of scary as shit? Imagine talking to an owlfolk and they just go full exorcist neck mid-convo.

have you tried, like, helping them out

He said the fireplace is bricked up, so the only way he could get to them would be from the top.

Unless he wanted to smash open his fireplace.

what's that thing they do where they move their neck around excessively but keep their head in place? you see owls do it?

that would be pretty freaky

owlfolk would be redneck bumpkins
after all they are some of the dumbest birds around

That makes them 10x more scary to me. Especially if they are stealthy spooky rednecks. Jesus Christ.

well stealthiness is one of the owl key traits
don't hear them coming, think you're just walking through some uninhabited woods then suddenly a dozen virtually identical eyes light up all around you
>You dun come to the wrong forest, hoot hoot

You hear banjo music and alien voices singing in a clearing up ahead. As you inch toward the source of the noise you see strangely shaped silhouettes dancing merrily. When you reach the clearing the music stops and all the owlfolk turn their heads sideways and screech in unison.

>Tengu
>Kenku
>Aarakocra
>Swanmay
Tell your GM to stop being lazy and include more irregular races.

that would freak me the fuck out, good job

They'd be idiot savant assassins