The latest versions of D&D, Exalted...

>the latest versions of D&D, Exalted, and World/Chronicles of Darkness all still separate "Strength" and "Constitution/Stamina" but have everything related to physical finesse still fall under "Dexterity"

When will this die?

Right. It should at the very least be divided between agility and precision.

I think you just made a classic blunder: your pic, which is hot, is more interesting than your OP, which is obvious.

Ca/tg/irl thread?

DnD will never escape cargo culting. Last time DnD tried to be good, a thousand voices cried and screamed that it was different.

Exalted still uses, as its base, a system made for simulating being a vampire.

I don't know why the TG community is like this, but for a sizable contingent, it is. If you try to change something for the better, people will cry and stamp their feet.

It will die when you realise you can house-rule to your liking!

My own D&D games use only three ability scores, rather than six: Strength, Agility and Intelligence. Strength covers both Str and Con, but does not modify hit points. Intelligence covers Int, Wis, and Cha, but does not modify skill points. Agility is just Dexterity with a more accurate name. Classes give more HP and skill points.

Monte Cook, please go. Cypher is NOT a good system.

4e wasn't good, though.

Trying means nothing if you fail. A loser is still a loser.

Never heard of it. But since Veeky Forums hates a lot of good stuff, I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh look, it's eternally triggered bitch-user.

Just because something isn't good doesn't automatically make it bad.

4e was alright. System-wise, it was decently balanced when they managed to get the math right. It just wasn't the game D&D players wanted, so people just assume its' terrible and that people who enjoyed it are shit.

It's weird, because it's like you understand the reason why people didn't like it (the early math was bad and made combat dull), but then you keep running your mouth.

Nobody cares about your shitty homebrew.

That's not even Satoshi in the pic, and he never said that.

Stay mad, 4rry!

He did in MY homebrew!

This thread and some of the other comments make me wonder...

Does Veeky Forums hate traditional games more, or does /v/ hate video games more?

It's a stupid problem that D&D hasn't been able to fix the easy way.

See, they obviously wanted fighters and other front-line guys to invest in Strength and Constitution, and have their armor make up for low Dexterity when it comes to AC. Dex boosted AC mostly with the intention of making sure that monks, barbarians and rangers were still viable despite having lighter armor.

The problem there is, there's no reason to not invest in Dexterity, especially when Constitution is honestly the shittiest stat that can always be a dump stat because it affects so little. And they never fixed this by just giving the lighter classes their own unique dex bonuses instead of having dex affect everyone that way across the board.

Don't judge a group by its worst members.

>Invests nothing in CON
>Gets hit by monster
>Dies in one hit
>"but y"

Oh please, this board has more "worst members you shouldn't judge by" than feminism.

This is why I play GURPS; the basic stats are all interconnected, and everything is broken down really nicely between the physical stats

I feel dumber just for having read this. Is this really what you misbegotten freaks consider humor now?

Gonna go with Veeky Forums.

/v/ at least has a few games that it actually does like, such as New Vegas and Devil May Cry.

Veeky Forums does not seem to like anything at all.

Stop trying to make fetch happen.

>being a decent athlete requires investing in two stats
>being a charismatic super-genius master of magic only requires investing in one stat

nah

/v/ has a larger body of anons who will hate on anything and everything. There's almost nothing that escapes their rage.

Veeky Forums, on the other hand, has all kinds of stuff that only a few people care about or most people just don't feel strongly on.

there's also the more unified idea of what a good game is on /v/, i.e. something that has high levels of player control and input.
Meanwhile on Veeky Forums, we still can't decide if roleplaying is better than rollplaying, or if skirmish games are better than larger wargames. Buzzwords aside, Veeky Forums has more diversity, using the term as defined.

There's no good argument against a game having good gameplay, but there is an argument over how much numbers matter in an RPG, or to what scale and depth wargames should be at, including miniature price.

New Vegas was shit though. Fallout tactics was fucking better.

I bet you think Fallout 2 was bad as well, contrarian faggot.

this has triggered me more than anything on Veeky Forums I've read in the last 2 years...

>Fallout tactics was fucking better.
Tactics is alright but it's closer to Jagged Alliance than to the original Fallouts.

Also fuck Quincy! Doing it 100% on Tough guy is pain in the arse.

At least they fixed it later on though.

As someone who frequents both, Veeky Forums is worse than /v/ when it comes to self-hatred.

On /v/, the consensus comes down to a game being shit if it takes away from the player's agency or railroads you down a path that you didn't want to take.

On Veeky Forums though, you'll trigger someone if you say that you like rolling more than roleplaying and everyone has their own definition for what a good tabletop game should be.

Well they're working with two different mediums - most videogames are singeplayer, and multiplayer ones would obviously have less focus on overall story. There are obvious things that are bad, but can't be changed without modding (and that's only with some games).

On Veeky Forums, everyone has different opinions how things should be done and what's the best way to play, let alone the best game. It doesn't help that you can literally change anything or everything with a little homebrewing, or pack up and find a different group if the one you like is shit. /v/ has to deal with whatever the game companies crap out, while Veeky Forums really only has to deal with its fellow players.

The difference is that some objectively good vidya exist. Objectively good roleplay system doesn't.

We've been getting them from /v/'s newfags.

>1e is published in 1977
>one year later RuneQuest comes out in 1978 immediately fixing the issue
>user still complains about X system when Y system has fixed the problem decades ago
And RuneQuest (BRP) is not the only one. Most games don't have this issue at all.

Oh look, it's eternally forcing meme-user.

>On Veeky Forums though, you'll trigger someone if you say that you like rolling more than roleplaying

Well it's more that we'll take a few seconds out of our day to call you a pleb and remind you that you're a cancer in the player base.

If you like rolling so much, stick to wargames and stop wasting your GM's time.

Thanks for proving my point.