Warhammer 40k General

Walkers are still shit edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Will Eldar ever be nerfed?

SO WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY DROP PODS GW YOU FUCKING KEKS

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY

ITS BEEN 10 FUCKING YEARS AND STILL NO DROP PODS. FUCK YOU GW

Just use the Codex:SM book :)
-GW support team

They're in 30k Al'Kaps.

I hate to ask but could I get an opinion on my Knight House?
→ #
→ #

TLDR

When you change your life for the better, or when GW gets common sense during a full moon as per the curse.

>Atriedes

Imperial Armor 13
:^)_________________________________

So your house is Atreides from Dune and their enemy is Harkonnen? *sigh* Also the Imperium did not know about daemons during the Great Crusade so a Daemon Prince would have been a) rare b) classified as a strange alien c) House Atreides purged by the order of the Master of Mankind.

you have no anti air.

>*sigh*

>CSM can take all models in C:SM
>Certain models can take VotLW to unlock spiky upgrades like Dirge Casters
>Chaos gets a few special snowflake chaosy units like Cult Marines, Heldrakes, and robot dinosaurs
>Cultists fuck off back to Lost and Damned where they belong
Fixed!

>Didn't manage to shoehorn in something about the slow reaper chainsword penetrating the ion shield
Apply yourself/10.

>CSM should just be C:SM but with more options

Helldrakes are dinobots, user. They're not dragons, they're pterodactyls.

Don't worry, all their special options will come with downsides that make them useless. They're the NPC faction, after all.

>CSM should be SM+1

Dude, what if, cultists could buy landspeeder storms?
whoa...

I don't want the fucking drop pods.
That would be another step to become just marine with spikes, and fuck that.

Also fuck you.

Now, Warp Portals. That I can dig it.

It's what the House claims to possibly get free SoB booty. Might have happened, or maybe it didn't. The Prince could have just been a champion.

Your friend is now a reaction image. So there.

Why haven't Warp Portals been a thing already?

I'd rather it just be the ability to Deep strike as opposed to having to buy a $30+ figure that does nothing but allow another unit to Deep Strike. Just let CSM units buy "Warp Borne Assault" for 15 points or something similar.

>Warp Portal
>AV12/12/12 3HP Open-topped
>Capacity 12 models or 1 Helbrute
>Wargear: Warp flare (S4 AP5 Heavy 2, counts as BS4)
>Special rules: Counts as immobilized, must Deep Strike. Half (rounding __up come in on your first turn without rolling for reserves. When it lands, everything must disembark and can't re-embark. If its scattering would cause a mishap (other than scattering off the board) the reduce the scatter until it doesn't mishap.
>Options: Can buy Daemonic Possession
>No other options
>75 points

Cute.

If we're going to buy Warp Portals, I'd rather it be a fortification that Infiltrates/Deep Strikes and allows units to disembark from it.

>Dude, what if, cultists could buy landspeeder storms?
then you could move 5 models with shitty weapons and stats forwards to their death very fast.

That does sound better than drop pods for CSM, but it shouldn't be usable for Khorne armies. No magic allowed.

Daemonic possession should be baked into the 75 cost. It's just too good to pass up.

Khorne doesn't like using magic o kill, but he's cool with Warp shenanigans. His fleets still need Navigators for example.

Khorne allows you to use warp bullshit to transport you to the fight, hence khorne ships being a thing.

Warp Portal - 100 pt
Fortification AV12, 3 HP

Deploy it like a normal building except it can be deploy anywhere on the map that is at least 18" away from a enemy model.

It has no transport capacity.

Each turn, a single unit that would come in game from the reserve in any way, may instead enter from the Warp Portal.
This is cumulative, but only a single unit may enter per portal per turn.

Unit with the Daemon special rule (Mutilators, Warp Talons, Possessed, etc) may charge when coming out of a Warp Portals.

I'm not sure if he'd like you using magic to move around the battlefield instead of footslogging and killing any niggas you come across.
Those are okay though.

Just use the Eternity Gate's rules, with the change that only stuff with the daemon special rule can redeploy through it (i.e. CSM already on the table can't teleport to it). Maybe add that a unit summoned with Malefic can come through the portal as well.

>Building
>Infiltrate
CREEEED!!

Bloodleters in the Spess Muhreen vidya teleport/fastmove when you try to shoot them until they're up in your face and you're forced to engage in melee combat.

I can see Khorne approving of similar things to get to combat so long as you aren't doing it to actually trick the enemy.

>Bloodleters in the Spess Muhreen vidya teleport/fastmove when you try to shoot them until they're up in your face and you're forced to engage in melee combat
I hated those guys but I loved their VA. Strangely enough Bloodletters weren't as strong in Chaos Rising/Retribution as they were in Space Marine. This led me to believe that Bloodletters are actually limp wristed manlets who were buffed by Neroth's Warp funk.

>That would be another step to become just marine with spikes
THATS WHAT CSM ARE YOU RETARD

They're pretty angry in Last Stand, especially on Bloodied Colosseum wave 20. They could teleport too but that was probably supposed to represent deep striking.

Unless you are playing the right hero Tau then they'll end you pretty quickly even if you're ostensibly a tank.

Oh boy all these stupid rules to do something a drop pod can do for half the points cost!

Ladies and gentleman we have the problem with the chaos codex.

Might as well just use the dreadclaw at this point.

Congrats friend, you understood the joke!

I feel like all stealth units should have an always strike first kinda rule. Like, their purpose is to surprise people from the shadows and deliver the quick lethal blow, but initiative ruins that as treats as a regular combat and not a surprise attack. When will they fix stealth/shrouded attacks?

Because Stealth is supposed to represent being sneaky and keeping a concealed position, thus being harder to shoot?
And Shrouded is just that on a higher level, or because the target is visibly shielded from shooting/being aimed at?

It's nothing to do with close combat. Also, Nurgle Daemons would steal Slaanesh's limelight and the Ghostkeep would become some kind of retarded kung fu ninja.

The chaos codex is a joke on to itself at this point.

I'm referring to stealth units dedicated in close combat mainly, like striking scorpions or kommamdos.
Obviously there can be a too large to hide rule or make it so bulky counteracts strike first for nurgle. Not sure it's just a thought

Okay, so Plaguebearers and Nurgle Heralds in general still have an effective I11 and go from being kinda good tarpits to Knight and HQ assassins.

I do sort of get where you're coming from, but aside from Orks most such units have decent I anyway (Scorpions have Eldar I5, Assassins are I7, etc).

I feel like those units in question should just have higher initiative and maybe the hit and run rule.

Still no angels of caliba epub?

Obviously they'd have to choose which units would need it to prevent that from happening from a codex and not rulebook pov.
It should be limited for one or two rounds of combat to simulate panic and confused from the attacked

It would probably be better to give them a bonus to I on the charge like old Furious Charge, or give the enemy a penalty to it like 6th ed Banshees. Completely invalidating mechanics via a rule is bad, looking at you Ignores Cover.

One thing that surprised me was how fast they eat Genestealers using the adrenal boost up.

So, if Brexit happens, GBP value goes down = Model price goes down?

>Brexit

Politicians should not be allowed to name things.

I don't think this is the thread for this.

Model prices go up, but why would the GBP go down?

What's the maximum number of Dreadnoughts you'd accept a chapter having before thinking "that's fucking stupid"?

I understand the average is about 20? How many of those would be relic patterns like Contemptors, Leviathans Deredeos ect?

That isn't how the economy works, and in any case GW prices shit differently for different countries, it's not a direct conversion from bongbills.

If anything the prices will go up with the economic recession GW will find itself in.

Yes
But sadly i doubt it will happen

if you pay with GBP yes you would get more for your currency, GW wont drop the prices instantly

if you live in england it stays the same relative to you

20 dreads feels like the average, standard number, 5-10 Contemptors is most likely fine, and 1-4 Leviathans should be the limit.

Well, I wouldn't say an outright recession, just a bit of a hit.

Not like those those morons who tried to make us leave the union: We'd have been living out of caves within a week.

You should probably be second founding if you're gonna have more than 2 Leviathans or Deredeos total.

>SO WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY DROP PODS GW YOU FUCKING KEKS
In the fluff?

if they remain GBP value will go down because they will be flooded by roaches and torn to pieces.

Which of the Angels of Death decurions I should try next? Playing Talon Strike Force was quite fun.

New nid player. I'm confused about something. The rules for synapse say they grant fearless to units in 12", but a few of the MC already have fearless stock, like the carnifex. Do they still roll on IB if out of synapse? If not, why do they have IB tables?

Any recent leaks?

Armored Task group
Technomancy Librarian Conclave
Land Raider Spearhead

Eldar/Deldar Starting boxes and according to BOLS, next 2 codexes will be Deathwatch and Genestealer Cult.

The tank one is less broken than it looks on account of SM vehicles generally being underwhelming. If you want to gimp yourself more, just declare them to be literally any chapter that isn't Iron Hands.

They still roll. Why? Because fuck Nids. Sincerely, Games Workshop.

So that would be Iron Hands right? Sounds cool but I don't have that many tanks. I could borrow though.

>Do they still roll on IB if out of synapse?
Yes, read the rules on the IB table. Fearless doesn't do much.

>An inferior Dreadclaw
Oh wow...

>next 2 codexes will be Deathwatch and Genestealer Cult.
We already fucking knew that, the clickbait is just making more duplicate articles. Ignore it.

dreadclaws are awful, though

Oh? Sorry about that, then. I browse BOLS like twice a week so didnt know they repost stuff.

(I also have like 4 different anti-ads addons so they arent getting any revenue from me).

pulling out of anything make foreign investors pull funds.

Either way I'm pretty excited about it. I have a unbuilt DW:O box that needs some love.

fuck you

So, any idea how well Battle for Vedros has done?

Rulebook easy to pick up, expansions make for better small-scale battles?

you know dreadclaws don't have inertial guidance, are daemon possessed, and are severely limited in what they can transport, right?

Who are some inspirational characters from the 40k universe? I am new to the genre but I really enjoy reading about it. Can't afford to play though.

I will be honest, my parents were killed and most days I feel like I cannot go on without them. I try to draw inspiration from things to sooth my mind. Who are some of the most inspiring characters in 40k abd what did they do? I am really intrigued by tau.

>Genestealer Cult
I really do not want this.

Is it US only? I havn't seen any of the boxes for BoV in my store

Not bait, I think the ruling is fucking retarded. Just a question.

Since Drop Pods now block LOS as indicated by the model, if you magnetized the doors could you have them open one turn, then close them on your opponent's turn? Assuming your opponent doesn't give you a well-deserved beating to death with the BRB if you actually tried this, mind you.

If you were going that far he could point out that the models weapon is inside the drop pod and thus would also not have line of sight.

Well guardsmen are inspirational. In a universe filled with monsters, super soldiers, aliens, psykers, heretics, daemons and villians you have a group of regular guys valiantly holding the line. Each man holds a small hope that they'll survive the campaign so they can go home, but each grimly accepts that they won't. So they'll die to hold the line

No.

If they can open they must, only if glues shut do they deny los

fucking hell user that sucks, although looking to grimdark for inspiration is quite a stretch

O'Shava and Aun'Shi are pretty cool guys from the tau tho

I would dreadsock you so hard every time you would do that.

thats why you open the doors on your turn

Oh no, missing out on a stormbolter, how awful

What if he's bigger than you and also has a dreadsock handy?

CIAPHAS CAIN HERO OF THE-

Oh... Fuck. I'm sorry, user. Well, as far as Tau go... My favorite character is Farsight. He's popular and probably overrated, but he had the balls to fuck the Ethereals and do his own thing for the good of his dudes.

A lot of Guard stories are inspiring. Cain himself is an accidental hero and a genuinely cool dude. Gaunt and Yarrick are bros too.

anyone know much about recasters? i tried looking around yoyhammer but i hate reddit so it wasn't much use.

I want mucolid spores but don't want to spend $60 per spore.

>storm bolter
>not death wind launcher
step it up, pleb.

There's Tarkus of the Blood Ravens. In one non-canon route he sold his soul to Chaos in order to save his chapter, and his reasoning was that his chapter was his life. Really Tarkus is just one noblebright dude. There's also Ciaphas Cain, a man who's too hard on himself that he sees himself as a coward instead of a hero. I'm sorry for your lost.