/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Battle of the Three Sovereigns Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/gloyij7y0zw0l79/Osprey - CAM 207 - Solferino 1859.pdf
mediafire.com/download/v0d3q45o3gghnsz/Osprey - MAA 323 - The Austrian Army 1836-66 (1) Infantry.pdf
mediafire.com/download/pjyh16onfn4yio9/Osprey - MAA 329 - The Austrian Army 1836-66 (2) Cavalry.pdf
mediafire.com/download/0ndr696bxpxz6y5/Osprey - MAA 233 - French Army 1870-71 - Franco-Prussian War (1) Imperial Troops.pdf
sueddeutsche.de/politik/zweiter-weltkrieg-graf-muensters-blick-auf-den-krieg-in-russland-1.3043663
mediafire.com/download/kccj2ymps644n12/Osprey - CAM 039 - Little Big Horn 1876.pdf
mediafire.com/download/mqefggm82wz2zyx/Osprey - MAA 033 - US Cavalry.pdf
mediafire.com/download/474sx9uebvcj6ab/Osprey - MAA 163 - The American Plains Indians.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wwbh3nbcrx32a6a/Osprey - MAA 408 - Warriors at the Little Bighorn 1876.pdf
mediafire.com/download/73m0wvv5sqbj7cv/Osprey - WAR 004 - US Cavalryman 1865-90.pdf
littlebighornreenactment.com/
tinytanks3mm.blogspot.com/2015/02/3mm-friendly-rules.html
testofbattle.com/upload/bob/CD Modern.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Ronin
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Germany Strikes!
Bolt Action: Empire in Flames

June 24th in military history:

217 BC – The Romans are ambushed and defeated by Hannibal at the Battle of Lake Trasimene.
637 – The Battle of Moira is fought between the High King of Ireland and the Kings of Ulster and Dál Riata. It is claimed to be the largest battle in the history of Ireland.
972 – Battle of Cedynia, the first documented victory of Polish forces, takes place.
1128 – Battle of São Mamede, near Guimarães: Forces led by Afonso I defeat forces led by his mother Teresa of León and her lover Fernando Pérez de Traba.
1314 – First War of Scottish Independence: The Battle of Bannockburn concludes with a decisive victory by Scottish forces led by Robert the Bruce.
1340 – Hundred Years' War: Battle of Sluys: The French fleet is almost completely destroyed by the English fleet commanded in person by King Edward III.
1622 – Battle of Macau: The Dutch attempt but fail to capture Macau.
1762 – Battle of Wilhelmsthal: The British-Hanoverian army of Ferdinand of Brunswick defeats French forces in Westphalia.
1779 – American Revolutionary War: The Great Siege of Gibraltar begins.
1812 – Napoleonic Wars: Napoleon's Grande Armée crosses the Neman river beginning the invasion of Russia.
1813 – Battle of Beaver Dams: A British and Indian combined force defeats the United States Army.
1821 – The Battle of Carabobo takes place. It is the decisive battle in the war of independence of Venezuela from Spain.
1859 – Battle of Solferino: Sardinia and France defeat Austria in Solferino, northern Italy.
1866 – Battle of Custoza: An Austrian army defeats the Italian army during the Austro-Prussian War.
1916 – World War I: The Battle of the Somme begins with a week-long artillery bombardment on the German Line.
1940 – World War II: Operation Collar, the first British Commando raid on occupied France, by No 11 Independent Company.
1954 – First Indochina War: Battle of Mang Yang Pass: Viet Minh troops ambush G.M. 100 of France in An Khê.

It is 157 years since the the Battle of Solferino, where the allied French Army under Napoleon III and Sardinian Army under Victor Emmanuel II (together known as the Franco-Sardinian Alliance) defeated the Austrian Army under Emperor Franz Joseph I. It was the last major battle in world history where all the armies were under the personal command of their monarchs, and the largest since the Battle of Leipzig in 1813. There were about 130,000 Austrian troops and a combined total of 140,000 French and allied Piedmontese troops. After the battle, the Austrian Emperor refrained from further direct command of the army.

The battle was a decisive engagement in the Second Italian War of Independence, a crucial step in the Italian Risorgimento. The war's geopolitical context was the nationalist struggle to unify Italy, which had long been divided among France, Austria, Spain and numerous independent Italian states. The battle took place near the villages of Solferino and San Martino, Italy, south of Lake Garda between Milan and Verona.

The confrontation was between the Austrians, on one side, and the French and Piedmontese forces, who opposed their advance. In the morning of 23 June, after the arrival of Emperor Franz Joseph, the Austrian army changed direction to counterattack along the river Chiese. At the same time, Napoleon III ordered his troops to advance, causing the battle to occur in an unpredicted location. While the Piedmontese fought the Austrian right wing near San Martino, the French battled to the south of them near Solferino against the main Austrian corps.

The Austrian forces were personally led by their militarily inexperienced 29-year-old emperor, Franz Joseph, and were divided into two field armies: 1st Army, containing three corps (III, IX and XI), under Franz von Wimpffen and 2nd Army, containing four corps (I, V, VII and VIII) under Franz von Schlick.

The French army at Solferino, personally led by Napoleon III, was divided in four Corps plus the Imperial Guard. Many of its men and generals were veterans of the French conquest of Algeria and the Crimean War, but its commander-in-chief had no military experience of note. The Sardinian army had four divisions on the field.

According to the allied battle plan formulated on 24 June, the Franco-Sardinian army moved east to deploy along the right river banks of the Mincio. The French were to occupy the villages of Solferino, Cavriana, Guidizzolo and Medole with, respectively, the 1st Corps (Baraguey d'Hilliers), 2nd Corps (Mac-Mahon), 3rd Corps (Canrobert), and 4th Corps (Niel). The four Sardinian divisions were to take Pozzolengo. After marching a few kilometers, the allies came into contact with the Austrian troops, who had entrenched themselves in those villages. In the absence of a fixed battle plan, the fighting which took place was uncoordinated, which is why so many casualties occurred, and it fell into three separate engagements, at Medole (south), Solferino (centre) and San Martino (north).

The battle started at Medole around 4 am. Marching towards Guidizzolo, the 4th Corps encountered an Austrian infantry regiment of the Austrian 1st Army. General Niel immediately decided to engage the enemy and deployed his forces east of Medole. This move prevented the three corps of the Austrian 1st Army from aiding their comrades of the 2nd Army near Solferino, where the main French attacks took place.

The French forces were numerically inferior to the Austrians'. The 4th Corps contained three infantry divisions under de Luzy, Vinoy and Failly and a cavalry brigade. Niel, holding a thin line of 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) in length, was able to stop the Austrian assaults on his position by ably warding off attacks and counterattacking at opportune moments. After 15 hours of combat the Austrians retreated, both sides having lost in total nearly 15,000 men.

>le of Custoza: An Austrian army defeats the Italian army during the Austro-Prussian War.

Tales of the Italians attempting to pile on defeated countries in order to take clay and getting trounced horribly never get old.

Pic unrelated.

Around 4:30 am the advance guard of the 1st Corps (three infantry divisions under Forey, de Ladmirault, and Bazaine, and a cavalry division under Desvaux) came into contact with the Austrian V Corps under Stadion near Castiglione delle Stiviere. Around 5 am 2nd Corps under Mac-Mahon (two infantry divisions and a cavalry brigade under La Motterouge, Decaen and Gaudin) encountered Hungarian units posted near Ca’Morino (Medole). The Austrian forces were three corps strong (I, V and VII) and positioned on the towns of Solferino, Cavriana and Volta Mantovana. The Austrians were able to hold these positions all day against repeated French attacks.

Near 3 pm the French reserves, formed by Canrobert’s 3rd Corps and the Imperial Guard under Regnaud, attacked Cavriana, which was defended by the Austrian I Corps under Clam-Gallas, finally occupying it at 6 pm and thereby breaking through the Austrian center. This breakthrough forced a general retreat of both Austrian armies.

On the northern side of the battlefield the Sardinians, 4 divisions strong, encountered the Austrians around 7 am. A long battle erupted over control of Pozzolengo, San Martino and Madonna della Scoperta. Although the Austrian VIII Corps under Benedek was numerically inferior, they were able to ward off all Sardinian attacks until the entire Austrian army retired from the field at the end of day.

The battle was a particularly gruelling one, lasting over nine hours and resulting in over 2,386 Austrian troops killed with 10,807 wounded and 8,638 missing or captured. The Allied armies also suffered a total of 2,492 killed, 12,512 wounded and 2,922 captured or missing. Reports of wounded and dying soldiers being shot or bayonetted on both sides added to the horror. In the end, the Austrian forces were forced to yield their positions, and the Allied French-Piedmontese armies won a tactical, but costly, victory.

Napoleon III was moved by the losses, as he had argued back in 1852 "the French Empire is peace", and for reasons including the Prussian threat and domestic protests by the Roman Catholics, he decided to put an end to the war with the Armistice of Villafranca (12 July 1859). The Piedmontese won Lombardy but not Venetia. Camillo Benso, conte di Cavour, resigned. The Kingdom of Italy was proclaimed in 1861.

This battle would have a long-term effect on the future conduct of military actions. Jean-Henri Dunant, who witnessed the aftermath of the battle in person, was motivated by the horrific suffering of wounded soldiers left on the battlefield to begin a campaign that would eventually result in the Geneva Conventions and the establishment of the International Red Cross.

Solferino is an epic, one of the biggest battles in 19th-century Europe, and gives wargamers a chance to command on a grand scale. It was fought over a sprawling area by a wide variety of colorful troops in heated battle, and had a direct impact on historical events, making it a worthy subject for wargaming.

mediafire.com/download/gloyij7y0zw0l79/Osprey - CAM 207 - Solferino 1859.pdf
mediafire.com/download/v0d3q45o3gghnsz/Osprey - MAA 323 - The Austrian Army 1836-66 (1) Infantry.pdf
mediafire.com/download/pjyh16onfn4yio9/Osprey - MAA 329 - The Austrian Army 1836-66 (2) Cavalry.pdf
mediafire.com/download/0ndr696bxpxz6y5/Osprey - MAA 233 - French Army 1870-71 - Franco-Prussian War (1) Imperial Troops.pdf

Reposting the requested article with the ww2 pics (including that with the italians) from the old thread:

sueddeutsche.de/politik/zweiter-weltkrieg-graf-muensters-blick-auf-den-krieg-in-russland-1.3043663

For Saga, why shouldn't I just get one of the GBP boxes of viking hirdmen instead of the 25 point starter boxes to start off? Do the starter boxes contain anything special that would make them a better idea?

afaik they include mixed sprues of armored and unarmored dudes while the box has only one kind.

Because the Hirdmen contain only bodies in chainmail (generally reserved for hearthguards), and more fo those than you really need. Meanwhile, the starter boxes contain a mix of hirdmen in chainmail and warriors without (that you can give helmeted heads from the hirdmen sprues)

Are you interested in a game in a few months when I finish my force? Unless you are real far away of course.

shame.

Well, first small unit of Natal Native Skirmishers are done for Death in the Dark Continent. These HaT figures are really enjoyable to paint.

I see, that makes sense. Will get the Saxon one and check which blisters are worth it.

I have a few of the HaT Parthians. While I don't like the wiggly plastic, the designs are top notch and proportions and poses are pretty fun.

I would be. My Indians are done but I have forces for Brits and French. I'd prefer frenchies though.

Where abouts, I'm Worcester way.

Played an English Civil War game to mark the referendum. Tried it with a crowded board. Turned out to be dissapointing, the game ending very quickly all in cavalry engagements before any serious fighting could begin. Probably less dissapointing than the brexit result will be though.

I'm building pure Indians, so really I can face anyone. I'll be building Brits after I think. As I say though, I have exactly 9 finished so far so I won't be done too soon.

I'm down south so you are about ~2 hours from me, bit far, but certainly doable.

Where abouts down south? the good south or the bad south?

I'm from the south, so to me it's the south (all good) the midlands (the good north) and the north proper (the bad north).

Hampshire, though, so the good south.

How dare you. Hampshire's alright. I consider the bad south to be the South East, fuck that.

Do you have a preferred system?

I'm fond of Kent to be honest with you, it's just London and a little bit Cornwall that suck in the south.

I've only really read M&T but I can learn anything in the OP, I've not played anything F&I Wars before.

Oh hey, fellow Hampshire anons. I'm in Portsmouth.

1st Annual hwg UK meetup when?

SOON fellow stalker.

We should do Salute one year, me and my friends go.

>We should do Salute one year
Tempting.

Well me and a group of 3-5 go yearly and get a travelodge if people are interested.

This must happen.

What are all you cunts doing in my county?

I'm not in Hampshire, I'm the Worcester user.

I'm interested for sure.

Painting Indians and going to work mostly. why are there so many here from Hampshire?

Hampshire is just one of those places that gets a weird amount of historical related stuff, like all the bloody reenactors despite all the events being elsewhere. I blame the presence of Winchester, somehow.

SAUCE BOY

Does anyone make a 1/72 M2A4 76mm quick build kit? I'd like to equip some late war Soviets with some lend lease stuff with which to take Vienna

GHQs? They rock.

Well lads, it's a great day for wargamers outside of the UK with the pound tanking already. Might fire up the carrier pigeon and pick up some ships.

You glorious bastards. You fucking glorious bastards. Take it home chaps.

I can finally have a blue UK passport like my pappy used to have. Not the stinking red EU shite I have now.

>M2A4
wat

It's still 420 HUF on Paypal.

If it goes below 400, I'll be happy.

Is this the first time in history the Brits have left somewhere without having to be kicked out?

At any rate I hope the now inevitable recession won't kill off all the minor minis and wargame companies.

Was thinking the same thing

M4A2

RULE BRITANNIA

BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES

Oh boy britland is fucked

>Oh boy britland is saved
Yeah it is

The "European Army" tipping point though. An integrated EU army. Imagine that working, historically.

>[Napoleonic grave-spinning intensifies]

What's the alternative though? A dozen little squabbling armies? Relying on the USA for ever and ever, no matter the cost?

>implying no co-operation outside of "muh ee-yuuu"

Hard to get people to cooperate without a framework, and something at stake.

Shared currency (or, at least, explicitly tied economies) and something that passes for a central government are pretty much a given. You really don't want your military collaborating without some form of government oversight, and you need a reason to go defend those [adjacent ancient enemies] and not just let them get fucked over.

You're talking about a concept that's distinct from the EU. Perhaps one day it'll exist. After all, the League of Nations failed at first. Maybe European leaders will learn from the mistakes of the EU and forge a stronger, more effective, and more palatable union in the future.

The League and its successor, the UN, are really just places to talk out differences and fix minor problems in poorer nations. They aren't really cohesive entities - they're just mechanisms for diplomacy.

The EU is something quite different, quite progressive, and hideously complicated.

Devonian checking in. I'll build a F&I in the next month.
Worcester user are you Jackie?

Turns out I was wrong about brexit. Had another game today, much better.

But user, the brexit result WAS disappointing.

Both results would have been disappointing really. I'm just trying to make the best of it.

Brexit means higher taxes, and by this higher cost of miniatures

That is something i was wondering how bad it would be? Little wargaming companies will have pretty tough times right?

>Brexit means higher taxes
Yeah paying less tax money to the EU than you get back means that Brexit impoverishes the UK right?

The UK just said a big heartily "fuck you" for the EU. I won't think anyone will be lining up to be their buddies after this.

Looks like a bunch are already worried, not just UK ones but a load of US ones too due to the UK typically being the second largest market for them, bigger than most other nations combined.

>My 9 T-70 light tanks (1/72) arrived from Plastic Soldier Company
who cares about breaxit, I got light tanks!

What a coincidence, I also got three packages today. Call to Arms British Infantry of the 70s (will be BAOR paratroopers), a whole bunch of random stuff (Pz IV, Sherman, Grant, not too nicely assembled and clear parts for a Mi-24 heli), plus three of the Airfix resin buildings.

Also, started assembling my S-model M113s, and they are fucking lovely. I can't wait for my BMPs to arrive from them.

i'm tempted to get some of these too, but i know i can't paint them as good and then i'll be disappointed by them in the end ;_;

Painting Soviet tanks is really easy and satisfying to do. See pic related, it's FoW Tankovy Green sprayed on (any similar color will do), did some minimal shading with REALLY watered down reddish-dark brown (German Camo Black Brown), and then used some Mig Kurks Soil with some terpentine. Go ahead mate, it's really not that hard.

>Mi-24 heli
Approval.jpg

I've built one of those. Have a bunch of moderns at 1/72, and we've played some great games with them. Shit dies pretty quickly in modern combat though. 3 or 4 turns and everything is destroyed. Tandem-HEAT charges down fuck around.

Only problem with 1/72 is it really is WAY too big for modern. wanna be doing tiny a la ideally.

Pretty sure Italieri do those dont they? They have double kits. is an M2A3 ok?

>Only problem with 1/72 is it really is WAY too big for modern
Well, it does it for me for platoon level gaming. Lots of cheap and easily accessible stuff, so it's fine by me. If I had to switch scales, I'd go prolly 15mm and use Team Yankee stuff.

REPORTED ALL OF YOU GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

June 25th marks the 140th anniversary of the Battle of Little Big Horn, known to history as Custer's Last Stand. You could fill a library with the literature published on the subject, not to mention all the TV and movies (and a certain notorious vidya). Basically it boils down to: Custer done fucked up. It's been a popular subject for wargaming for many years (Foundry did a whole bunch of minis from their Western line for it). A more intelligent, less vainglorious US Cavalry commander could reverse the historical result. On the other hand a careful Indian player could double the carnage and wipe out the whole unit, not just Custer's force.

mediafire.com/download/kccj2ymps644n12/Osprey - CAM 039 - Little Big Horn 1876.pdf
mediafire.com/download/mqefggm82wz2zyx/Osprey - MAA 033 - US Cavalry.pdf
mediafire.com/download/474sx9uebvcj6ab/Osprey - MAA 163 - The American Plains Indians.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wwbh3nbcrx32a6a/Osprey - MAA 408 - Warriors at the Little Bighorn 1876.pdf
mediafire.com/download/73m0wvv5sqbj7cv/Osprey - WAR 004 - US Cavalryman 1865-90.pdf

Well, a rather straightforward, enjoyable and quick build, can be completed in about half an hour if really needed. The .50cal is a bit fiddly, and prolly breaks easily, so I'd recommend replacing it with a metal one or a more sturdy one from a WW2 set like the M3 halftracks from PSC, but it's a detailed piece. The handle wasn't formed on the sprue correctly, so I just left it off.

A great value for money, as you can get the box for around 12 Euros+postage from China. PE and transfers included, but I'll probably leave the former off.

Another hampshire user - better post some pix from Valhalla in Farnborough

There's a pretty good re-enactment on the Crow reservation every summer. Worth going to if you're in the area. It's impressive seeing 100+ horses at a gallop

littlebighornreenactment.com/

>tfw that's my local club but I didn't even attend

Why not?

If he's anything like me, it's because real life concerns always seem to put a damper on fun time.

tfw it's a few miles down the road and I never attend.

Because the dumb thing is scheduled on Father's Day.

So Hampshire anons, who's 'up for the pub?

It was father's day

I know right, why is it fathers day. Also hello guy who has mentioned living near me before. Do you ever go to the club on normal club nights?

if you are serious, sure, I could probably do with looking like I have a social life.

>Do you ever go to the club on normal club nights?

I barely even get down to my local once a month due to my odd taste in games i.e. not Bolt Action or Xwing, so... no.

A couple years back the Wall Street Journal had an article which unfortunately I can't find now which was talking about sports TV programming and said that casual fans are OK with just football, baseball, basketball et cetera whereas the demand for coverage of obscure sports (say curling or odd non-standard leagues etc) is driven by a minority of hardcore fans. Thus a broadcaster doesn't lose much total marketshare by ignoring the people who would want to watch Canadian Football. Essentially the more interested in the subject, the more likely you are to delve in obscure arcane corners of the topic.
Wargames are probably similar where most people who play any kind of historicals are perfectly happy playing "Saving Private Ryan" in Bolt Action rather than having any interest in attempting a simulation of the Slovak–Hungarian War.

tl;dr casuals ruin everything

Whatever you do, don't eat any brownies he shows up with

I can't even hold a grudge against BA, I mean it practically saved the club after everyone not already playing something else got utterly fed up with warhammer/40k, BA gave them something easy, cheap and filled the same easy-access, no knowledge required gaming with a theme that's easy to grasp and get behind.

Doesn't help though that half my gaming buddies who do actually play other things all decided to go and spawn more to remove what free time they had. Now that's just inconsiderate.

hail satan, and I saw some wanker on the TMP boards calling Cameron a cuck for not being right-wing enough.

Fuck it, I'm ordering FFT3 in hardcopy and enough microarmor or 3mm to run a modernish civil war game.

People still go to TMP?

sometimes I want to see the same "news" in three different threads, once because of the site's shitty coding and twice because of tango

amicalement

armand

And every time I want to check something "TMP is temporarily closed due to maintenance"

What the fuck are they maintenancing all the time?

It's about 1-2 hours a day, always at the same time. I know this because I would like to shitpost and browse there from work before my boss gets in, but noooo, fuckers're closed.

LAF has too many intimidatingly pretty paint jobs and frothers is fun when you want to be called a sad cunt but doesn't have the wide range and variety of the tmp grogs.

Yeah, BA isn't what I would pick given a choice but if my LGS had a BA scene I'd play it. Gamey historicals is better than none. They only do Magic Cards, Warmachine and X-wing

>Going to TMP
>Current year

>Fuck it, I'm ordering FFT3 in hardcopy
Nigga, no.

It's expensive but fuck it lulu have 30% off books today. Good game.

what's the Lulu coupon code, pretty please?

I go down to the farnborough one less than once a month and they play a game I do play.

It's just a lot of effort to go down, I'm more interested in painting units anyway.

hmmmm, standard.

Ok anons, im looking for a late cold war rules set suited for battalion+ level in 3mm. Got FFT3 but looking for some alternative. Suggestions? Cheerio.

I hate that guy with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns.
Die in a fire, Tango

Try this list as a starting point
tinytanks3mm.blogspot.com/2015/02/3mm-friendly-rules.html

Alternatively, you might look at modifying hex and chit games with 1 chit = 1 platoon/company and use those as a starting point if you're not happy with what's out there

Oh and for Command Decision, the Modern modifications of the core game are here: testofbattle.com/upload/bob/CD Modern.htm

What or who is amicalement armand? I keep seeing him and I imagine him to be this weird autistic latino.