Does Veeky Forums like Druids?

Does Veeky Forums like Druids?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/395850/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like druids. They're a good all-rounder class for those times when you're playing core-only D&D 3.5 (not the best way to play 3.5, but some people still do it). Didn't like them as much in 4e, though.

As for Veeky Forums in general, I do not believe they like anything.

Playing druid in 3.5 is one of the first signs of a munchkin.
Not always right but a good red flag kinda warning.

What is this shitty artstyle called?

Druids come in two flavors.

Cranky old man or hot hippy chick.

I don't like the former, like the later.

>Druids come in two flavors.
>Cranky old man or hot hippy chick.

>being so wrong

>he doesn't multiclass Monk/Druid
By adjusting the amount of levels you put into Monk and Druid, you can decrease or increasy your powerlevel respectively.

I hate druids the way other people play them (hippies), but I like them the way I play them (vicious warriors who turn into bears).

I'm currently playing a desert druid, so I guess I do. He's an old ass Uncle Iroh-ish motherfucker on a quest to avenge his Brass Dragon bro after a Black Dragon killed him. Also has a Giant Hyena companion so that's pretty nice.

>Captcha: Select all images with tea.

>he doesn't play druids the way it was originally conceived - sacrificing virgins at the stone altars to the Goddess of Moon to appease nature

My roommate plays a druid in a campaign I'm running (3.5 futuristic setting, he introduced me to D&D using 3.5 because it's all he knew.) Funny, he's considered hiring animals and dumping the companions because they're incompetent, it'd turn into a race to fix the plot first between him and the other two.

My wife plays a druid in a more recent 5e campaign, different group, that I'm running as well. She just wanted to be able to turn into animals, so she went with the circle that makes that easier and better. It's working so far, except she failed to save the story-centric NPC from faerie dragons because she couldn't pick him up with her mouth.

oh yeah? and whats mildly entertaining about the other forms?

Going full "apex predator" to rip and tear is pretty fun.

I think druids are unbearable. It's going to make me lose my bearings.

They don't have enough class features. They're just so bear-bones, you know?

The have to bear the burden of so many archetypes too. It's impawsible to reconcile all of them.

And they're so underpowered. They just wildshape, try to bear down on enemies, and the bearly hit! Not to mention they don't get magic weapons while wildshaped, their bear hands can't penetrate resistance.

My party loves them so much. But I'm not koalafied to really tell them no. Guess I just have to grin and bear it.

stop

>thinking bear games are a joke
store.steampowered.com/app/395850/

This 100%

Honestly, without making a "witch" class, the druid is the closes aproximation to what I imagine a "witch" would be given certain interpretations.

Also, for the sake of my own settings they occupy a number of positions in society and functions:

1. The urban druid - basically a wizard that studies nature magic. They are not super hippy dippy by any means and are trained in schools the same way wizards are

2. Religious priest in various organizations - For once sect of !buddhist monks they make of the ranks along side monks who practice way of the 4 elements with the monks taking magic initiate to learn druid spells and the druids having a feat to let them use a weaker form of martial arts (i.e. it doesn't scale like the monks martial arts class feature). There is also an all female religious order of druid "witches" based around the classic Maiden, Mother, Crone set up. Think Bene Geserit without all the plotting in the background

3. They often make up the leadership of various tribes and what not and people who've basically given up on humanity and are just really into nature.

>Honestly, without making a "witch" class, the druid is the closes aproximation to what I imagine a "witch" would be given certain interpretations

Basically that's how it was and how i like to play it. All this druids as hippies/anti-industrialits is just awful. Pic related should be your druid archetype

bear force one

Witcher is more like part-druid, part-alchemist. This concerns classic witches too.

protip: it's not bestiality if you were both the same species when the sex started

>witcher

oh
canada

I like 3.5 druids, I hate how new players always seem to choose to play them and ignore me telling them that it's pretty much the most complicated base class and then get all shitty when they essentially have to manage three characters.

You think you're funny you little shit?
People like you are the reason the boar quality's declining so much.
This is fucking unbearable.

>You can do whatever the fuck you want and you're still competetent, the class
>Hardest to play
Keep telling yourself that bud.

>Full spell caster
>Full combat character
>Alternate shapes
>Animal companion
>Not complicated

You are incorrect. For a new player it is easily the most complicated base class. And I'm not talking about how powerful they are, although way to tip your hand as a powerplaying faggot.