Nerv Bridge Simulator XXII - Quest

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Nerv HQ
Twitter: twitter.com/cegremo_hq

Nerv Montréal is recovering from the last Angel attack.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yew-hLuqUpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Massive damage to half of Montreal, Two pilots nearly dead, and two more disabled from piloting...

Where did it go so wrong?

Hey Major, I brought coffee. Here's yours. [She takes one of the cups and place it next to you.]

Thanks Sophie.

Any word from medical? Did they approve CAG request to have Rachel admitted away from based?

The commander isn't making getting information easy after the last attack.

Oh shit, I've been away for exams. How are we not dead or tang yet?

Duuude. It's like, a little bit past an hour before most people will get off work.

I know it's summer, but yeah.

>not posting at work
>not drinking at work to get into character

It's like you don't even want to be Mansato.

I don't know, our plan seemed sound. It doesn't help that each Angel is so different than the last.

You don't know? Rachel's in detention after she fought with the Science guys who came to take Anna away again.

You'll really have to explain the tang thing, Major. It's not the first time I hear you talking about that.

Anyway, I have with me the most current damage report. Have a look...

>the damage report itself is slowly burning

>You'll really have to explain the tang thing, Major. It's not the first time I hear you talking about that.
Uh...don't worry about it. Lets see that report.

Damnit, that girl has suffered enough. Once we finish up with financial detail, I'll need to consult with medical and the science director about this.

I've about had enough of their meddling with those children.

Any word on how long Anna and Rachel will be detained?

If the science division is involved, they're probably not gonna let people in on that.

The districts are somewhat in good condition, even if Residential 10 and Industrial 03 took a beating.

The Armored Layers are mostly gone, though. The last Angel was 2 layers away from reaching the Geofront.

Yeah, Rachel had it really rough out there these past few months.

No, I don't. I've spent most of my time here with you since the attack.

Now for out military assets...

You're right, I forgot how much we want to punch the new science director....

What is the current number we have to work with?

Geofront layers will unfortunately have to take priority here, and I fear the repercussions this will have on Montreal's morale...

I'm angry too, but we have to keep our cool here. If we go off setting the division head against us more than already, we risk further incidents with him and the commander later down the line.

Seconding prioritizing Geofront Armored Layers in terms of district repair.

So, about those Eva units...

Are we talking about repairing damage to the EVAs here, or is this regarding the issue of the Eileens' EVA?

This is really bad.

Technical division said that they can patch up Unit 03 and 08, but 02 is out for a while. I also asked them about Unit 01 and they told me the regrowth process is going smoothly. I think they'll contact you soon for design guidance.

Our tanks are in optimal condition, which is good for our budget. And let's see... [She search through her paper stack] Our VTOLs got lightly damaged. Queen is almost out.

Concerning the Fighter and Bomber wings: We lost Heart during the botched n2 bombing mission, along with Temperance. What was left of Bell and Hermit made an emergency landing at the Montréal-Mirabel Airport. Search and Rescue Ops recovered 3 of our pilots who safely ejected, amongst them is Lt.Col. Ji Eun.

We have 51 Funding Units. We used our Static Weapons Systems 4 times and the U.N. is redirecting some of our funds to help with the Ottawa effort.

Both.

What happened to Florence? Was she confirmed kill?

I think we should get at least half of our layers repaired. If we're to survive another attack, we'll need them at some level of agreeable defense.

Fix only industrial district 3, and set whatever remains on repairs to our EVAs. It pains me to say it, but we'll have to forgo manufacturing any new weapons this time around.

Also, what's going on in Ottawa?

I agree. As much as I hate to say this, I think we shouldn't invest in District repairs this time.

About Ottawa. The city was hit hard when the Angel passed above it. I heard they tried to delay the Angel with the minimal tank force they had there. Unfortunately the 8th proved to be too strong and destroy a good portion of the city.

Oh, I almost forgot. Eli- The Research Division is asking for 3 Funding Units. They say that they can turn what is left of the Angel's Outer Shell into powerful bombs. ''Something way more suited towards the reality of A.T. Fields than N2 weaponry'' I think they said.

...I'm sorry. [She looks away] I thought you knew.

>...I'm sorry. [She looks away] I thought you knew.
What?
Knew what?

Don't give him anything yet, I need to see exactly what it is he's planning on making.

Also...wait do you mean I thought I knew? Florence is alive...right?

I think we should spare the 3 units. Because if we have a Hail Mary, it should at least work.

...what about Florence?

I would hold off on giving the head of science leeway into making essentially a superweapon.

Remember, this is the guy who works directly under the commander.

It's a request from the Research Division, not the Science Division. My sister wanted me to ask you directly to cut through red tape.

Florence died when the 8th Angel's tendril cut through her Entry Plug. I'm sorry, I thought you were avoiding the subject so I...

Unless they're going to set up HQ to go off, we still control the delivery systems.

Actually, I see what you mean.

I still want to hit the shiny button, and my original point still stands-we need to have something to stop an Angel in its tracks rather than waves of troops and Evas which we don't have anymore.

Give them the go ahead. Take the funds from the EVA's repairs.

...goddamnit.

>Permission to cry

In that case, consider it done.

We should schedule a ceremony for her. Yeah, I hate to think about that we lost another kid, but as certain queer Brit said, show must go on.

I'm the colossal fag who forgot NBS in last threads tags, so feel free to rip and tear my guts for that.

Really though, what happened to softkills? I know that it's our fault, but surely making the thread with the highest density of 1s the same one as the thread with the highest density of save rolls is in poor taste.

You gotta update the memorial wall now.

Let's cut that tape.

Well shit...
I should have offered sooner, but feel free to have a seat.

A ceremony is a good idea. She deserves that, at least... I know Section 2 already cleaned her apartment but maybe we could still find something that'll remind us of her. You know, since the casket will be closed. [You hear someone knocking on the door twice, then opening it.]

[Head, Special Psychiatric Division]
Major? May I have a second?

IIRC last thread mentioned being "one bad roll away from Third Impact".
Besides Florence's Unit got scrapped, we dragged her out of the plug, loaded her with drugs, put her in another Unit and that one got scrapped too. Even if the Angel attack wouldn't kill her directly, the sheer stress of the whole thing would. She pushed beyond what anyone could have expected of her and died a hero.

Well. We have that apartment from the receipt to look into, Rachel and Anna probably need us to bust in and offer guidance, and I wouldn't be surprised if we became Persona Non Grata with the commander after we managed to end up one roll away from third impact.

I think the new science director is cute. Unethical scientists are totally my fetish.

youtube.com/watch?v=yew-hLuqUpU

It's Major and the Anons, performing live ITT!

I should have been there for her...she wanted me to visit one day and I never once took her up on it...

I'm sorry, I'm acting unprofessionally...I know those kids are as much soldiers as any of the division heads, but...I just can't seem to--

Oh, hello. Yes, by all means, I can spare a moment.

Sophie, I gave you the financial orders. Do what you do best, while I sort this out.

If this is about the mental breakdown I statistically should have had by now, I'll have to disappoint you. Otherwise go no, please.

>Unethical scientists are totally my fetish.

Here's my proposed budget:

>New Bomb Tech Thing: 3
I think this trump card will come in handy. Definitely worth it.

>Eva 03: 8
>Eva 08: 11
Both units repaired to basic full HP excluding repairs. No point going all the way when we don't even have enough pilots for them all, especially not when we get 01 back online. We have more Evas than kids at this point.

>Ace(CAG): 2 (Full repair)
>Chariot(CBW): 2 (Full repair)
>Heart(WCG): 3 (Full repair)
We really need our unit leaders functional. Repairing them will be worth it.

>Armored Layers: 22
All remaining FUs go into the armored layers. Not a full repair, but we're about halfway there.

That's all our FUs spent. Thoughts?

How appropriate for the moment user.

>fuck you

All right. Funding unit allocation.

51 Funding units.

Research wants 3 to make AT bombs, let them have it.

Spend 8 FUs repairing the armored layers.

40 remaining.

While I'd like to at least get HQ and Industrial up and running, they aren't a priority.

A full fix on the non-EVA units will cost 19.
21 to go.
I suggest spending 9 to fix Eva-3 and 8 to fix Eva-8.

For the remaining 4, equip someone with AT flares. Those things were damn useful.

This unfortunately leaves us with damaged EVAs and damaged Districts, but needs are needs.

So, basically what I proposed with more numbers and tactical information involved?

I'm for this, you get my vote user.

It's appropriate for any moment in NBS, this is practically Major user's theme.

>mfw it's hard to type while saluting.

I think we'll need more units up and running than armored layers. Will that bite us in the ass? there's a good chance it will, but having the units non-operational will also bite us in the ass.

She stated that UNIT 01 and 2 will resume operations. We're not at a deficit for units in the near future if this is true.

However, what we need now is to protect vital areas so we don't get sniped. Remember user, if HQ or the Geofront falls, it's Quest Over.

My plan puts them at full HP excluding the bonus armor upgrades we bought. They'll technically be at "full" capacity, just not at 110% capacity. We could shave off some armor layers and do more repairs though.

Eh. I was never the type to get emotionally affected by death, especially not for fictional characters.
Besides, I'm totally a UFO: Enemy Unknown, Atom Zombie Smasher, Lemmings, acceptable losses kind of dude.

>XCOM
>Accepting losses
>Not savescumming like a Fire Emblem player with frail waifus

>XCOM
>savescumming

Hey man to each their own. At least you're not one those fags that call everyone a pussy for crying when their favorite character gets killed.

>Also, I save scummed the shit out of XCOM because of that...

>playing xcom2
>stuck on a mission because currently best case scenario has at least one trooper left behind unconscious.

You and I handle things very differently. Also fuck the alien hunters missions.

>scumming Xcom

I am calling you a pussy now.

Pussy.

Pussy sissy feelz faggot weak scrub beta.

The what?

Oh you're playing the shit cinematic version with far fewer soldiers, terrain that isn't procedurally generated or destructable, loadouts/classes instead of the inventory screen, and some bullshit instead of Turn Units.

[Sophie]
Okay, I'll finish the Funding Allocation draft. You still have to come back and sign it by the end of the day, though. I have a other things to do than run after you. [Was that a faint smile?]

[You then exit the conference room and follow the Head of the Special Psychiatric Team.]

[Head, Psy Team]
I'm sorry to interrupt your work but the Sixth Child has arrived. I know you wanted to meet him as soon as he got here, but apparently even I was out of the loop on this one.

I first met him this morning when two Section 2 guys dropped him in my ward for psychiatric evaluation.

And the evaluation is... ?

AWESOME! New toy (child) to play with

They don't waste any time putting more soldiers on the frontline here, do they?

If we lose pilots any faster they're going to start calling us Major Hirohito.

Oh relax. we've only lost 2 so far.

Thats only because the one underwent quantum binary fission after she died.

So in net children, we only really lost one.

We need cloning pods to keep our approval rating up.

Florence -> Rekt
Anna -> survived
David -> Rekt
Einleen -> survived
Zweileen -> created
Vancouver 1 girl -> Rekt
Vancouver 2 dude -> survived

That, by my count, is 3 reks, 3 survives, and a create.

What I'm more concerned about is how we seem to be chewing through Heads of Science and Computer Technicians at a rapid pace.

I just lost the game

Run Democratic/Planned, build a Creche, and invest some energy into psych to trigger a golden age (to offset Canada's -2 growth penalty for apologising to women constantly), and we can pop boom.

Yo.

Are we the only city in the world experiencing angel attacks?

Or are there other attacks also happening at Tokyo, Sydney, London, etc?

Lots of frustration, lots of aggression. He clearly blames Nerv-Montréal for the loss of Vancouver and all of his friends, classmates and colleagues.

I've heard he was particularly hostile toward the staff. He even tried to hit the HR guy, Maurice.

Anyway this has been really though on him so don't antagonize him, even if he tries to. But don't be afraid to discipline him.

We're here. [She opens the door]

Hi Carl, I've brought a friend.

I see. I'll have a word with him about this.

What is the status on the Eileens? Are they still unable to synch with their EVAs?

>Carl

>>>/dbz/

I don't really blame him. Vancouver was hell on earth when we found it and when we left it.

>Enters Room

I am aware that I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, but I want you to know that we're giving you a second chance to make up for past mistakes.

Carl, you can make a difference for the world more than we could for Vancouver. So please, let's work together to get through this crisis.

The other majors will have to handle this one.

My instinctive reaction to anyone who is mad and salty is to antagonise them, because it trains them to stop gettin so mad and salty. It's like exercise, but for your personality instead of your body!

Yo C-dawg! He he he I heard your city had a bit of le prooblem[sic]. Welp, you're in my meat grinder now, so you'd best prepare your anus for some C O M B A T L O S S E S ! Also sorry about Vancouver. Honestly I'd prefer if it was Toronto. Fuck Toronto. It's like the San Francisco of Canada. ... You don't like San Francisco, do you? Ah who cares.

Who're you?

Past mistakes? What, are you trying to say that Vancouver is my fault?! You don't even know me!

I'm not even here for a day and you people treat me like shit!

>Oh it's *this* faggot again
>mfw the main problem with character death isn't the character dying but the jackass that's the replacement

Hello. I hope Boston's catered to your needs so far?

>I'm not even here for a day and you people treat me like shit!
Good, it'll harden you up.
By the way being "treated like shit" is all in your mind. You think it's other people treating you like shit, but your feelz are just haywire and taking offense to random unconnected events.

Yo, doc. How's this guy's Amygdala? I'm guessing 3x, 5x as active as a normal person? We got any medicine that can get that shit under control?

Hey, don't be too hard on him.
He probably thinks he's the fucking protagonist or someshit.

I assure you we're not treating you any worse than our own people. Wait, that came out wrong. What I mean is that the procedure is hassle for all the pilots. As for more comfortable accommodation, we're working on that.

Off the record: You drinking?

I sent people to die and I haven't even gotten drunk yet, so both our days have been pretty shitty.

I was referring to our own Carl. We can't apologize for what happened in Vancouver, but this doesn't mean that we can't amend what happens in the future.

Listen to me clearly. You disregarded a direct order and attacked a member of Nerv using an Evangelion, which we had to disable. Had you not done that we could have saved your friend, but we can't very well do much about that now, can we?

That is why I request again Carl, we need your aid to prevent this from happening again and on a much larger scale.

I dunno, I enjoy the sending people to die part. It's very entertaining doing all the tactics.

I wanted to suplex you into a gravel pit but the other voices shouted me down. Consider yourself lucky.

>I wanted to suplex you into a gravel

>Veeky Forums in charge of being diplomatic

Its also a legit way to incapacitate a robot without doing any major damage that will require fuel units to repair.

Hey it's not too late to do that, you know.

Diplomacy is gay shit for jews and faggots! Just drag your mouse cursor over him to select him, press 'G' for go to, and right click on the training depot.

Hol up bois I know how this works.

Spend 100gp at the mental hospital, Scold him, then buy him 5 dolls

All in my mind, huh? I guess every friend that I loss is in my mind too right? Even Kim! Who you DROPPED A BOMB ON!

[The Head of the Psychiatric Team stops you at the mention of drinking] He's 16, Major.

[Carl]
You really look like a drunkard, ''Major''.

I was protecting my FRIEND! From YOU! If I would have beaten that orange Eva she would probably still be alive!

[Head, Psychiatric Team]
Oookay this was a bad idea. [She quickly make you leave the room.]

>Seems like you're free to go where you want now.

Just got here, and jesus christ why the fuck are being so aggro here anons?

Do you fuckers want to turn into Gendo 2.0 with more booze?

GRAB MY TIM HORTON'S RECEIPT!
ADVENTURE!

>All in my mind, huh? I guess every friend that I loss is in my mind too right?
Yes, friendship is in the mind. You don't care that 5 random strangers are dying every second that we speak, and Kim is no different.
Besides, if you'd listened to us you could probably have saved her, you know.

Nah, I'm going for EOE Misato with the correct amount of booze.

We must invest in many dummy plugs and give them creepy names.

With the current plot direction, we should cast a vote. Do we, or do we not, embrace the thought of Third Impact?

I for one accept our new tang overlords.

Of all the people who lived in Vancouver
This fat ugly fuck is the only one left
This inbreed lookin ass cuck of a boy is our new pilot
i miss David so much right now

My posting in this thread is gonna be delayed. Janitors are having a bit of an anti/pol/ fit so I gotta reset my router a lot.

Please remind yourself that ban evasion is slow and insidious killer.

I thought it was fear.

[You grab your receipt and drive to Residential District 2. It appears like 2435 35e is a self storage facility.]

Jesus the battle damage was worse then I thought.

I thought it was overconfidence, but that's too much time on Darkest Dungeon speaking.

Curious is the Head Sci's art...